Advice Words of Encouragement

Cinders posted on Feb 14, 2008 at 07:40AM
A friend is asking for inspiring words-- he was led on and turned down by a girl.

I feel kind of awkward talking to him because, well... And this'll make me sound awful but I sorta broke his heart a few years ago myself and now I feel like it's that all over again. So I was wondering if any of y'all had some words of encouragement for him because I'm feeling too awkward to think of anything.

Advice 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Snerkie said…
That she wasn't his perfect girl...the perfect girl for him will come one day and like him back and not break his heart

...okay i am actually horrible when it comes to thinking of encouraging things and has gotten me in deep water sometimes, eek.
over a year ago knifewrench said…
Hmmm.... I'm a complete pessimist but I'll give it a try.

At first I tried to think of what my heroes would say....
Nick Frost: I won't tell you there's plenty more fish in the sea, and I won't bombard you with cliches. But what I will say is.... 'not the end of the world!

Ok, that one was really bad, let's ask someone else....

I tried to use my motto "What Would Jesus Do" (or what would Jesus say in this case), but he doesn't seem to say much about break-ups in the Bible.

Having been single for nearly 17 years and never asking anyone out, I figured I can't offer any great advice...

But sometimes actions speak louder than words, give him a hug :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago amazondebs said…
wow knifewrench that is unbelievable control on your behalf!

speaking from some whos been broken and fixed i think what snerkie said was good and what knifewrench said might bring a smile
i think a good thing rarther than words would be to get his mind off it, gather some friends go out and have fun! (not drinking as it will probs end in druken tears)

although if he still has feelings for you maybe your not the best person to be doing the comforting in this case
over a year ago Cinders said…
Yes, well, that's the funny thing, I don't know if he does. Sometimes he seems cool with me seeing other people and other times he has weird mood swings like he's annoyed or frustrated or sad and I just can't read him. Then he comes to me with this situation and I don't know what to say.
over a year ago hekissedmyhand said…
People who lead you on are obv. not worth your time or effort. It's like you're letting them have the best of you - and that's not fair to the one being lead on (you). It's always dissapointing to find out that someone you care for doesn't feel the same, but you should not beat yourself up about it. Most of the time it REALLY isn't about you anyway. And then you have to ask yourself, "Do I really want someone who needs to be fixed" obv. there's something not quite right if they have the nerve to lead you on in the first place. Consider it a favor that you're finding out now instead of a year from now.

but maybe that's a bit harsh.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
sounds like he still does cinders but he's trying to hide it