Cheerleading I'm So Tired of This!!!!!!!!!!!

mariskarox100 posted on Jul 05, 2008 at 02:42PM
I just searched my team on google news and a story popped up about our junior pee wee football players, who placed second in the district. I click on it, and see a WHOLE STORY about them and how it was a great game and they would be next year. So I go back to google and see a story where the caption talks about us competing. So I opened it and I find this Tiny Little story that doesn't even take up an inch of the page that says "The ****** Bears Senior cheer squad won sixth place at the national competition. The girls are ages 12 to 15." and the story ended. I just screamed "I am so tired of this!!!" They have a huge story in the paper about a football team that couldn't even make it to regionals, and here are the cheerleaders who are no ranked sixth in the NATION who get some crappy little story in the news, like we don't even matter cuz cheerleading isn't a sport!!! Come on the football players wouldn't last one cheer practice! They can lift weights but they sure can't lift a person!!!!!!!!

Cheerleading 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Bubbly131 said…
that is so stupid! cheerleaders are given absolutely no credit, and we work just as hard (if not harder) than they do!
over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
and i bet most top athlets wouldn't be able to do what we do
its hard and you need trust wihtin your team
i always have a slight go at someone who says cheerleadings not a sport, normally i win ♥
over a year ago myusernamehere said…
angry
A similar story happened to me. A long time a go back in fourth grade we had something called "current events" that we had to tell the whole class about what exciting thing we did lately. When it was my turn, i told the class about my ALL-STAR cheerleading competition, and this boy raised his hand and guess what question he asked? Something like "what do you really do in a cheer competition, just see who shakes pom-poms better?" and it wasn't a joke, he was serious! Nobody even thought it was stupid. Than i decided to tell them what we really did in a competition and everyone was like "Oh, i didn't know". After five people a boy said he had a football game. He told the class every detail about the game and the whole class was like "WOW, THAT'S THE COOLEST THING EVER!". Like, ten people raised their hands and asked real questions and i can't believe people still come up to me asking what we do in a cheer competition! AAAAAH, I'M SO MAD!
over a year ago Nemisis said…
my best friend recently said all you do in cheerleading is smile. yell flail around and try to look pretty

people are so stupid I'm mean really I'm quoting a book now but athletes lift weights, cheerleaders lift athletes