Fanpop Users Help! Trying to invite other people to join problems...

ChinaMarie posted on Jan 10, 2009 at 09:00AM
Okay I'm new to Fanpop and it is a new "addiction" for me, lol. So I thought I would invite some of my friends to join in my "problem", but I'm having an issue.

When I went to the "Invite Your Friends" link on my profile, and entered my friends emails, they said they never got the invite. Now I sent the invites a couple of days ago so I had thought that would have been enough time for them to get it.

Fanpop said the invites went out successfully. I even sent the invites a second time and still nothing. Am I missing something or doing something wrong??

China
link

Ps. Thanks in advance for any help with this matter. :)

Fanpop Users 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago vider69 said…
No you're not, doing anything wrong that is, I have sent invites to my friends too and they never received anything, I thought it was just me, anyone else with the same problem?
over a year ago germany123 said…
ive never tried inviting people but have they checked their spam mails?

usually these automated messages will land in the trash.
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Im with germany :) But if you want to spread your addiction then why not just talk to them in person?
over a year ago germany123 said…
also....did you tell them you sent it?
i just remembered reading somewhere that its kind of generic (like what are you a fan of? find oot more here..or something along those lines)and people might assume its spam and delete it even if it lands in their inbox
over a year ago ChinaMarie said…
Bummer, I had hoped I could work on my invite trophy thing on my profile, lol. Well if they don't get the invites I send via my profile then I'll just get them to join the old fashioned way. :) Thanks so much for all the advice!

link
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
yea just make sure they check their junk mail because like others have said if it is not marked as a safe user in most peoples emil accounts it gets sent to the junk bin but I have successfully used it so hopefully they just haven't responded yet...:)