Fanpop Users Unusual Names

slytherin360 posted on Oct 30, 2007 at 12:21AM
Sorry this is so random but, what are some really cool unusual names that you guys like?

some of my favorites are

Roxanne
Leiya
Trixy
Jezebel
Clementine
Crystal
Bellatrix
Alecto
Verona
Ophelia
Chastity
Bella- marie

:):):)
last edited on Oct 30, 2007 at 02:06AM

Fanpop Users 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Zerstoren said…
I like

Sayra
Leon
Melane
Ark
Penelope
Lexine
Alexander
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Temptasia said…
My daughter's name is Shaylie. I also like Inara and Lexi Belle.
over a year ago emeraldtears said…
Midnight
Arriana
xenome
Kalina
over a year ago chel1395 said…
I like names that are common, but spelled weird.

Ryanne
Jewelya
Magenne
Rachelle

Also....

Joselyn
Ledy
Ashlynn
Ellison
Summer Chae
over a year ago emeraldtears said…
There's lots of ways to spell my name:
Jasmine
Jasmin
Jasmyne
Jasmyn
Jazmine
Jazmin
Jasmyne
Jazmyn
Etc.
over a year ago Mindfreak666 said…
I have a friend named Basia and I think her name is really cool
over a year ago Cinders said…
Temptasia-- Inara + Malcom = baby Reynolds ;o)

My name's rather unusual. I also happen to not like it. I've come to terms with it though. We get along fine now. It's Carlin (as in "George Carlin" 8-))

I also really like Saria (from the Legend of Zelda), Lyra (from His Dark Materials), Zadia (from Obernewtyn), and Ashling (also from Obernewtyn). But those are all from books/video games. I want a border collie I can name Liberty so I can call her Libby for short. :o)

I like other names, I just can't think of them right now. If I ever have twin girls I want to name them Katherine and Audrey. Because I think those are two of the coolest name for twin girls. You get it? Some of my friends don't...
over a year ago cressida said…
Cressida. Kinda like someone ... I know.
Octavia.
Lorelai
over a year ago harold said…
Most of the unusual names I can think of are ones I invent, but here are some that I like of real people I've known:

Female: Deirdre. Karima. Amariah. Sibrina. Rayme. Gomo. Lydia. Darcy.

Male: Trent. Cuchulain. Madhukar. Jesse. Teh. Son. Siddig El Falil (that's the given and proper name, but I've always loved it).

For the made up names, I usually give those at restaurants when they ask you for your name. My name is no good, since it sounds like so many other names when amplified on a poor system with lots of distortion and interference (a given with a restaurant PA system), so I invent or re-use names that are distinct. The ones that work best are ones with lots of plosives, but here are some of the names I've used: "Dartak", "Fittik", "Krakatos", "Al-kabbesh-kabbar" (that one got me dirty looks, let me tell you), "Zatazan", and "Samarkand", to name just a few.

Edit: On the drive to work today, I recalled a few more names of real people I always liked (that is, I really liked the names - some of the people I could care more for): Tanya, Rowena, Jarrod and Drake. Nowadays Jarrod is more often spelled "Jared", but they're homophonous.
over a year ago edennirvana said…
I think my name is kind of unusual...

Eden Nirvana

I have heard those 2 words separately but never together and I love it!

I also like: Marek, Majandra, Mileena and Mia, to name a few.

Also: Alexandria, Alexandra, Ash, Azura and Arwen (LOTR)
over a year ago kateliness2 said…
I like the name Blair... not sure why... I just do :)

Also: Ariel