Fanpop Opinion: threading in picks

harold posted on May 17, 2011 at 05:25PM
I've seen a number of people comment lately that the reason they're using the Answers feature for their questions has more to do with the comments-threading feature built into the answers. That is to say, some people are asking Answer Requests instead of picks or forum posts simply because each answer to the request has its own thread for comments.

So this is another instance where I may be seeing a problem where none exists: maybe it's fine that Answers are being used for all manner of questions, not just questions with potentially correct answers. But I'm still going to ask: what do you think of the idea of implementing comment threading on other features of Fanpop? Should there be comment threading on picks? Should there be comment threading in the fora? Should there be comment threading in any other feature? If so, how would it work, as you imagine it?

Fanpop 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
comment threading meaning people can answer to your comments?

*is german*

over a year ago harold said…
Yes, thank you - I should have explained further. By "comment threading," I mean that (for picks) the first user to post a comment would post a comment normally. That comment would then appear as it does now, but there would also be a smaller comment box under that comment so that subsequent users who clicked "View results" rather than/after selecting their own pick could either post a new comment (as is done now) or post a comment directly below the previous comment as a reply. The next user could do the same, and so on. That way, if you wanted to reply to a particular person's point rather than responding directly to the pick question, the comment would be connected...much as is the way the Answers feature works now.