Fanpressions Question...

claire-aka-bob posted on Sep 25, 2008 at 02:40PM
what would be the difference between things going in fanart and the other images types?
because it will all be technicly fanart? ♥

Fanpressions 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago amazondebs said…
hmmmmm well no not really because a lot of people make wallpapers and icons and other people love photography
also there's different sort of arts like a photo of some graffiti someone has done would go well in photos,
i guess it's up the the user submitting, it's their image so it's theirs to place where they want but yes i suspect most of the stuff will go in fan art but i don't think anyone would mind if people mixed the two sections up on a spot this.......well i wouldn't but if anyone does feel free to speak up as to why

should i add something in to the guidelines about this because snerkie asked about it too?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
hmmm, this is really an excellent question! Personally, I usually do icons for example but I make them in 5 by 5 proportions so they are bigger than the 100X100 icon format. I've been uploading as fanart though because the size is larger than icon size.

I would think if it's made strictly as an icon (size wise) then in goes in icons, if it is a photo without any adjustments of any kind (no filters or photoshop adjustments) then I would put it in photos, wallpapers being fanart made specifically for the desktop in size and format while fanart being anything not sized/meant to be used a desktop, must be somehow altered or created by the user, and be larger than icon size.

That make sense?
over a year ago Snerkie said…
Arabella, sometimes in photoshop on my photos i'll bring the levels up though (more than often have to) if it's a bad day to take a nice photo or whatever. There's an event you can touch an photo with photoshop until it's no longer a photo.

My theory on it i think possibly is that if it involves a character from a show that's not a photograph you took then it's probably fan art.

Also wallpaper is a wallpaper in my mind. Icons also get put straight into icons no matter what because of the size of them (or they used to last time i know).
over a year ago hm94991 said…
Fanart is somthing you create in paint or photoshop or whatever. Everything else is from google or anyplace else you can find an image that has already been created. Peace, claire. ;D
over a year ago Snerkie said…
Erm...no, not really. If i create an image in photoshop from something that was mine or my idea i could not say that is "fan art". Fan art, as i see it, is art you do as a fan of something.
hm94991 this spot is for fanpopper creations only so by your definition this spot would have no photos lol

okay i am adding something in to the guidelines about this since it's such a hot topic
okay edited it in as number six as what to do with images
link