Fanpressions Image Help

Saul_Mikoliunas posted on Dec 03, 2008 at 02:37PM
I recently came across a really cool fan art and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how I could replicate it for another image?
It was link image of Jennifer Aniston. I was trying to work out the parts seperately but I genuinely have no idea where to start so I thought I could ask help from you fellow awesome fanpoppers =D

Fanpressions 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Saul, love the hat. Very festive.

Hmmm, I'm working without phototshop so I'm doing this from sort of memory and just randomness but here's what I can come up with. Firstly, I would take the image that you want, say the outline of Barney for instance (just watched Mother so I'm in a Swarley frame of mind) and remove the entire background so you only have him. Then I think it might be a desaturate and then colorize, on this layer it also looks like a white outline was added. After that I think you would need a new layer. On that one I would put your background color (that is very close to the color you used on the desaturated photo) and then it looks like it might be a filter, maybe the spatula sort of one or the film wrap one, not sure honestly. I think there are maybe two more layers. One is the dots which I'm pretty sure are either from a texture found somewhere or a brush. It looks to me like the person placed it between the background image and the top image (like the meat in a sandwich) and then used the eraser tool on a low setting to soften the edges. The final layer I think is the simple bar across the lower half with the text done as an outline (it's under the text tools in photoshop, I think as create outline or something along that line) and then filled with a gradiant that mirrors the colorized photo.

The only think I'm not really sure about is the photo coloring, you might have to (and I'm sure there is an easier way then what I'm thinking) desaturated then use the lasso tool and select individual sections and match them to the gradiant on the text or you could make the photo's two layers, then desaturate one, then delete all the black and on the other apply the filter and overlay the white layer on top of the new gradiant layer.

Hmmm, not sure if I helped or was just really confusing.