Full Metal Alchemist Amestris' Destruction (Rp of the Original 2003 anime)

Aigomiko posted on Jun 27, 2014 at 04:42AM
Alchemy: the ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy. This act is known as "Transmutation" and its sequence is usually described as:

Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.
Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.
Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape.
The proper application of this craft requires not only a full understanding of chemistry and ancient alchemical theory, but also a sort of natural talent towards recognizing and manipulating the physical objects with energy, which require uncommon levels of intelligence and aptitude. Those remarkable individuals capable of studying and practicing alchemy are known as "Alchemists".

There are many paths by which alchemists can transmute the various substances of the world, with some alchemists being said to transmute by way of the Four Classical Elements (Water, Earth, Fire and Air) and some by way of the Three Essential Principles (salt, sulfur and mercury), but the basic tenet at the very foundation of all alchemy is that of Equivalent Exchange.

Equivalent Exchange:

The mystical practice of alchemy to create objects out of raw matter or turn one object into another is widely believed to be capable of anything - indeed alchemy is often viewed as magical or miraculous by those unfamiliar with the craft - but it is a science and as such is subject to certain laws and limitations, all of which fall under the concept of Equivalent Exchange: "In order to obtain or create something, something of equal value must be lost or destroyed."
In standard practice, Equivalent Exchange is separated into two parts:

The Law of Conservation of Mass-

which states that energy and matter can neither be created from nothing nor destroyed to the point of elemental nonexistence. In other words, to create an object weighing one kilogram, at least one kilogram of material is necessary and destroying an object weighing one kilogram would reduce it to a set of parts, the sum of which would weigh one kilogram.

The Law of Natural Providence-

which states that an object or material made of a particular substance or element can only be transmuted into another object with the same basic makeup and properties of that initial material. In other words, an object or material made mostly of water can only be transmuted into another object with the attributes of water.

Rebound

Since the alchemical forces being manipulated are not human in origin, but of the world as a whole, the consequences for attempting to bypass the Law of Equivalent Exchange in transmutation are not merely failure and cessation. When too much is attempted out of too little, what occurs is called a Rebound, in which the alchemical forces that are thrown out of balance on either side of the equation fluctuate wildly of their own accord in order to stabilize themselves - taking or giving more than was intended in often unpredictable and catastrophic ways such as accidental mutation, serious injury or death.

Transmutation Circle

In order to begin an alchemical transmutation, a symbol called a Transmutation Circle is necessary. A Transmutation Circle can either be drawn on the spot when a transmutation is necessary (in chalk, pencil, ink, paint, blood or even traced in dirt) or permanently etched or inscribed beforehand, but without it, transmutation is generally impossible.

Human Transmutation

Unfortunately, these experiments have given birth to a dark and sinister side of alchemy. Whether out of despair, malice or inquisitive hubris, several alchemists have been known to attempt the application of transmutation to human bodies and souls, in essence, playing god with human lives. But, just as the Law of Equivalent Exchange applies to the transmutation of non-living matter, devastating rebounds can occur in Human Transmutation because human lives and souls are priceless according to the flow of the world.

Races

Human- the dominant beings on the planet Earth and comprise most of its animal population. In addition to being the only life forms capable of using tools and skills in an advanced manner, they are also the only known species on Earth capable of performing alchemy.

Ishvalan- Refers to the indigenous people of the nation called Ishval, which would come to be a region in the southeastern area of greater Amestris. The Ishvalans are an ethno-religious group identified by their ethnicity but unified by common religious beliefs. Although they are usually characterized by brown skin and white or silver hair, Ishvalan people are most definitively distinguished by their red eyes, which persist as a dominant genetic trait regardless of whether or not Ishvalans marry outside of their ethnicity. They are the only race capable of wielding the Transmutation Array.

- A Transmutation Array is similar to a transmutation circle in that it is used to circulate the energy used in a transmutation. However, unlike a transmutation circle, the runes are not confined to the circumference of the circle and may use the circle only as a small aspect of their function. In some instances, a transmutation array may not even be a circle at all, using different concepts to bring about the circulation or release of the energies involved. Transmutation arrays are often found as full body tattoos on alchemists due to the shape of the human body. It is also possible that the non-cyclical nature of transmutation arrays amplifies the 'destruction' stage of alchemy

[Character Sheet]

Name:
Race:
Occupation: (If alchemist choose your position: soldier, researcher, trainee, or freelancer.)
Weapon: (If alchemy and it's specialized choose it's field or else it will be generic even if specialized when you first began no matter your position in the alchemic world you will be a novice.)
Bio:
Appearance: (A picture will suffice.)
Alchemy:  the ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using

Full Metal Alchemist 412 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 412

over a year ago Aigomiko said…
Karen: Prophet hmm.
*She'd run down the street and it could be seen as the group followed her that there was a man surrounded by star struck viewers as he revived a dead parrot that then flew into the air, but as he did so red sparks could be seen gathering around his hands.*

Karen:...impo..impossible.
over a year ago TheAdventGhost said…
Ketsu: That red...... The red stone..... THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE!
last edited over a year ago
Irisviel: A philosopher's stone here!?!

Karen: Wha...what do we do?
Ketsu: ...... I don't know.... But it seems the rumors are very well true..... It is bypassing the laws of alchemy,
Karen: He's right...raising the dead..is impossible and attempting it is a taboo...
Ketsu: .... That bastard..... Raising the dead........ It's impossible to bring back the dead..... And even if you did..... What's to say that the person will be the same?! The life would be artificial!!!
Karen: So...should we try to get rid of it?

Irisviel: You mean destroy the philosopher's stone?

Karen: Or at least stop him from using it. He's going against nature and completely destroying the cycle of Equivalent Exchange....Though...that is what the stone is meant for...what do you think Ketsu?
Ketsu: We're definitely stopping him from using it! We're taking that stone from him,
Karen: Should we go for it right now?
Ketsu: Not in front of so many people. We have to wait until he's secluded in his quarters.
Karen: Then it'll be you me and Saber right?

Irisviel: What?

Saber: Mistress someone needs to watch the young lady.

Irisviel: Okay.... just be safe.
Ketsu: Don't worry, we got this.
Karen: But first we'll need to find a way in.

*Someone then walked up to them wearing a cloak.*

???: I know how you can get in.
Ketsu: Hang on.... First, introductions! You go first.
???: My name serves no purpose. I am simply here to assist you in ending this crime against humanity.
Ketsu: I see, looks like someone else hates this guy..... Whatever his name is....
???: His name is cornello and he has these poor people wrapped around his fingers.
But if you can get the stone and stop the miracles these people will finally be free once again.

Karen: Should we trust her?
*She'd whisper this to Ketsu and Saber while she closed the cloth covering to the carriage.*
Ketsu: The thing is..... Even if we get the stone.... How do we know she won't want it later? Ya know, use others for her gain....
Karen: True.

Saber: Then once we grasp it and get off of the grounds we should probably destroy it.
Ketsu: I can agree with that..... If we destroy it, we can get rid of it.
Karen: Okay we'll accept your help miss. How do we get in?

???: The rear guard shall be busy tonight with the assembly for prayer later that will be your chance. You are to then enter and find his room. There you shall be able to finish your goals.
Ketsu: Alright, sounds good.
Saber: We should rest up before the strike.

???: I wish you luck.

*The woman then walked away and vanished from their sights*
Ketsu: Indeed, we did have a long trip here,,,,
Karen: I'm so hungry and thirsty...I don't think drinking red wine right now would be a smart decision.

Saber: I too am hungry.

Irisviel: But we have only a small amount of money left.
Ketsu: Can't have anything too fancy...
???: Did you say you were all hungry?

Karen: Yes? We did?
*She'd turn and the rest of the gang would look towards her and saw a beautiful woman about 18 - 20. *

???: Well my name is Rose & since you are all in this position and I just brought groceries and I live alone maybe I can fix you all a meal?

Saber: That would be very kind of you. I am Saber.

Karen: And I'm Karen and that is Irisviel and her daughter.
???: Did you say you were all hungry?

Karen: Yes? We did?
*She'd turn and the rest of the gang wo
Ketsu: I'm Ketsu Valor...
*The group follow Rose to her home.*

Rose: We actually don't get that many tourists.

Saber: Why not this place is so prosperous?

Rose: It wasn't always like this...all of this is thanks to Father Cornello. He came through and gave us all hope....he..he even said..that with enough prayer..he'd..he'd be able to bring my fiance back.

Karen: Your fiance?

Rose: Yes his name is Kain he died in an accident, but..he will return to me.

*Karen, Saber and Irisviel looked back and forth at Ketsu and the rest of the gang.*
Ketsu: Sorry to tell you this.... But bringing back a person isn't and shouldn't even be possible. What Cornello is doing is trying to play God. That's basically what happens when anyone gets power like the philosophers stone... They feel like they have all the power. I... Damn it.... I've lost too many people... Every last word.... "I will bring them back, because it really is possible."
Rose: I don't know what stone you're speaking about. It is possible if I pray hard enough Father Cornello will use his powers to help. You'll see.

Karen: Rose do you think it'd be possible for us to see this power?

Rose: Yes... I'll bring you to him...then you'll see!
Ketsu: ......
*Rose then brought the still starving trio to Cornello and left Irisviel and her daughter to eat. As they entered the church they were greeted by one of cornello's guards.*

Guard: Sister Rose. Father Cornello told me to bring you to him at once. It is finally time.

Rose: *She began to cry with joy* He..he has.

Guard: You were right to have faith in him Rose.

*Rose then ran into the Cathedral and the Guard closed the door after her*

Guard: Now what do you 3 want?
Ketsu: She wanted us to see Father Cornello as well. She wanted to show us his power.
Guard: Well i'm afraid you'll have to wait for her return.
*Within 30 minutes Rose had returned.*
You see....it is true..I.. I just spoke with my fiance.

Karen: Impossible.

Saber: Could it be true?
Ketsu: [Nothing but the stone] Shall we see?
Rose: No...even I couldn't see him..His body was still injured and Father Cornello needs to assist him more.

Karen: So you didn't see him?

Rose: No, but Kain spoke to me. He called out my name... I could never forget his voice.
Ketsu: I want to see Cornello.
Rose: As you wish.

*The Guard then allowed Rose to travel to the chapel with the trio. Inside they saw Cornello standing reading a holy book. As they approached they noticed the room was dimly lit by torches across the walls and there were multiple doors closed off by metallic cages.*

Cornello: Aaaah Rose you have returned?

Rose: Yes Father...these 3 were doubting you... so I brought them here so that they would believe in you and your teachings.
Rose: As you wish.

*The Guard then allowed Rose to travel to the chapel with the trio. Inside they
Ketsu: So you're Cornello..... I've seen your power of resurrection.....
Cornello: Have you? Do you wish to convert and begin prayer to receive a blessing of your own?
Ketsu: Like hell. That power is not your own. You're breaking the laws of alchemy.
Cornello:..
*He'd pause*
So you know?
Ketsu: Any true alchemist would know, that resurrection is just plain impossible. You're using the power of the Philosopher's stone in order to do it, because it can bypass the laws of Alchemy.
Cornello: And what do you plan on doing about it?
Ketsu: Put an end to your lies!
Cornello: Hahaha you think you can defeat me?

Rose: Father....

Cornello: Don't worry Rose I'm sure they had tricked you into doing this.

*He'd raise his hand and the ring would begin to spark. Within seconds the metal gates would open. On one end a small parrot flew in and landed on his shoulder on the other in a beast of unknown species walked in growling.*

Karen:...Stop! If you harm a state alchemist it'll be you claiming war against the military!

Saber: Military?

Karen: Yeah. *She'd wink at her companions to let them in on that she was telling a lie hoping that it would strike fear in Cornello's heart.*

Cornello: A state alchemist?

Karen: Yeah so back off!

Cornello: Now I really can't let you leave.

Karen:..what?

Cornello: If you were to report this to the government they'd come for the stone.

Cornello: Hahaha you think you can defeat me?

Rose: Father....

Cornello: Don't worry Rose I'm s
Ketsu: Alright, so if the military were to know, they'd come for the stone, I defeat you, I can get rid of the stone nice and easy...... Which way do you want it?
Cornello: Easy. I have my pet devour you all!

Rose: Father!

Cornello: Rose they are heretics and must be dealt with!

*The Chimera then began to run towards the trio.*
Ketsu: Nothing but a monstrosity! *He'd slam his hand down and use his newly learned Earth Alchemy to create a spike that pierced through the Chimera*