Heroes Catch-Up **Spoilers**

benji posted on Apr 03, 2007 at 09:33PM
I'm trying to play catch-up on Heroes, but rather than watching every episode not knowing what's happening, I'd like to know the story so I can note foreshadowing and the such. So can anyone give me a basic premise of the story so far?

Heroes 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hiro said…
Oh man, you sure are asking for a lot benji! But I'll give it a shot. I'm going to skip a lot of stuff obviously but this should help get you starte.

Because of the nature of evolution and natural selection there is evidence that there are people among us with supernatural abilities. A doctor from India came to the US to study them and devised a list of individuals who had special powers. He was killed by one of those people named Sylar (absorbs powers by eating people's brains). Dr. Suresh's son Mohinder comes to solve the mystery of his father's murder and goes on to find the list and is on a mission to find and help these special people who are "heroes"

Meanwhile a group of heroes are discovering their powers or using them around the country and world. They all have different backstories which I won't totally go into. One is a Japanese office drone named Hiro Nakamura who can bend time with his mind and manipulate the environment around him (to a certain degree). Another is Niki Sanders, a stripper who has an alter ego named Jessica that is violent and has super strength. Her husband DL Hawkins has the ability to walk through solid objects. Their son Micah can control computers or machines. Another is a cop named Matt Parkman who can read people's minds. Another is Claire Bennett, a high school cheerleader who has the ability to heal rapidly from anything. Another is Nathan Petrelli, a powerful and rich politician who can fly. His brother Peter Petrelli has a similar ability as Sylar in that he adopts powers of those he encounters. And finally there's Isaac Mendez who has the ability to see into the future through his paintings. Isaac is a prophet with his paintings and sees that Claire the cheerleader must be saved in order to save the world. Sylar is trying to get to her to absorb her healing power. Peter ends up saving her. Isaac also paints a future of New York City being annihilated by a nuclear explosion. Turns out there is a hero with some radioactive power that can turn himself into a human bomb. Hiro and Peter are trying to stop this from happening.

All the while Claire's adopted father known as HRG (Horned-Rimmed Glasses) works for an organization that is trying to track down each of these heroes and track them with an isotope. It is unknown the reasons why. To this point he has not shown any special abilities. He works with a Haitian who can wipe people's memories. They work under the guise of a paper company called Primatech Paper. A lot of the heroes stories also tie to a mysterious and wealthy man named Mr. Linderman.

When we last leave off before the break, Sylar and Peter are in a battle. Hiro has just regained his power by stealing a sword from Linderman. Nathan has confronted Linderman (who we have not seen until now). And HRG who was ordered to kill his daughter Claire ended up saving her and now Claire has left Texas. That's about it! Hope this helps benji and everyone else who needed catching up!
over a year ago rookyboy said…
you sould watch the episoides they are worth watching.
over a year ago benji said…
Awesome, you are a God Hiro, thanks for taking the time for that :)

Don't worry RB, I am watching them, I just wanted to be able to notice hints towards future events.

Thanks again Hiro ^_^
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
Holy crap Hiro. That just needs to be put in an advert before it restarts.