Lie to Me Sell To Me!

misanthrope86 posted on May 31, 2009 at 11:26PM
'Lie To Me' is about to start airing here in the mighty counrty of New Zealand that I call home. And from the promos that have been airing, it seems like 'Lie To Me' is similar in style to 'House MD'. As a hardcore, obsessive, monster 'House MD', I don't know if I should watch 'Lie To Me' with the expectation that it will be similar to 'House MD'.

SO, sell me the show guys! Tell me about why you like the show, especially if you are a 'House MD' fan too, so I can gauge how to approach the show. I fully intend watching the first episode, but I guess I would like to know just how similar this show is to 'House MD' from people who know the show well.

Oh, and please don't write anything to spoilery. I haven't seen any of the show, so everything is a spoiler to me!

Would really appreciate any thoughts on this! Thanks!

Lie to Me 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago fargo1 said…
big smile
Woo! Hopefully after the pilot airs, we'll have another fan. :) Well, I love this show because it has some amazing twists and storylines that are pretty interesting. If you are a Huddy shipper (not too sure:P) then you might notice that Cal nd Gillian kind of resemble them. They rock xD It's also a pretty small cast so it's not all confusing and relationshipy like Grey's. The show focuses on the case that the characters have, but still put aside time for humor, so it's really fun too watch and not boring. Cal can also be snarky like House sometimes, so that's fun to watch too. All I can think of right now, so I hope ya enjoy the pilot! :D
over a year ago Sweet_Pants said…
heart
(just to add to what fargo said)

Well, I think you'd realize what people meant by Cal being similar to House, but the fact is the are 2 seperate characters. Cal Lightman is actually more capable of being human then House is. You can tell that in the passing of episodes.

Cal tends to make...inappropriate comments, but very rarely, and not nearly as much/inapprpriate as House. Cal is one of the people who look interesting as he studies something (and in my opinion just is a slight intimdating). He has a daughter, so you'll find out a bit of his relationship with her (she's 16 or around there;)

And, well, the trademark in both House's and Cal's personalities in my opinion is the obsessive nature, the need for the answer, the truth, and the lengths they'd go to get it.

(just to add to what fargo said)

Well, I think you'd realize what people meant by Cal being simila
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
big smile
WOOT! I watched it and I loved it! Definiately not as House-like as I was expecting. I absolutely LOVED the pilot!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys! It really helped me appreciate the show on face value, rather than comparing it too closely to another show.
over a year ago Sweet_Pants said…
smile
I'm glad you liked it:)