Lost Episodes (Relevant To Most Of Fanpop)

PkmnTrainerJ posted on May 06, 2007 at 11:44PM
Okay, so let's clear the air before I get started.

We all know that uploading copyrighted content to the web is illegal, but as we are simply embeding it into a webpage, and as we are the users of Fanpop, the worst that could happen (I think) is that the copyright holders give a slap on the wrists to YouTube, Veoh, etc. and they pass on a warning to the user who uploaded the video, so in the end all we would end up with here at Fanpop is just a little 'Don't do that.' from the copyright holders, if anything at all.

Now, my main point.

As copyrighted content, many episodes are removed by the copyright holders or otherwise leaving no episode at all in some cases.

Therefore (finally) my proposal is that in each spot that has episodes added to it as video links, should have at least one back up episode. So that we end up like this (as an example):

- thecon adds The Man Behind The Curtain
- hiro adds a back up for The Man Behind The Curtain
- thecon's provided link is taken down by the video service
- benji replaces the original The Man Behind The Curtain

As long as we have at least two copies of an episode avaliable at any one time, it's fine, and I don't care who puts them up, so long as there's no squabbling and as long as we remember we joined because we're fans, and have become fans who enjoy providing content for other fans.

This is merely my proposal, but I would love to see it become standard practice on Fanpop as I believe it'd make it a greater place.

Lost 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago benji said…
One tiny issue there, how do we upload them if we don't have the files on our computer to upload? >_>