Lost Locke - Did The Island Heal Him?

PkmnTrainerJ posted on Apr 01, 2007 at 01:54AM
I don't think it did.

I think that he was thrown from the plane (in the same way he was thrown from a building), and landed on his spine/back, thus resetting the bones, and enabling him to walk again, if he does leave the island, I think he'll still be fine.

Anyways, my medical knowledge is all garned from Scrubs, so any medical know how to prove or disprove me, go ahead.

Lost 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago snwangel1981 said…
There is Rose to think about. She just "knows" that she is healed! So what about that? Could it be the powerful magnetism from whatever was under the hatch that did it? who knows?!

But I do agree, I think that Locke would be just fine, that it was the trauma to his body that made him walk again

over a year ago benji said…
Me and J discussed this the other day, I believe that both these events are completely unrelated. I think that Locke's pain was merely mental, I think his dissapointment and hatred of his own life made him think he couldn't walk. I do believe he initially had trouble, but I think the damage done is way gone past and after that it was all in his mind.

As for Rose, I don't think it is healed, she told Bernard the faith healer healed her because she didn't want their last days together spent trying to sort out her cancer. When Bernard started trying to get them off the island and ignoring her, she told him 'the truth', and then lied and said her cancer really was gone, so that their last days together wouldn't be affected that way.