Music Videos Do you think a music video should have a storyline?

katieapperley posted on Feb 06, 2013 at 09:43AM
Please explain your answer.

Music Videos 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago sticky_music said…
Not necessarily, depending on the message you want to convey through your video it will either be important to have a storyline or a very open choice. In a lot of songs there is no chronological story being told, often there is a message which the artist wants to impart to their audience members, such as in Doom and Gloom by The Rolling Stones. Hope this helps!
over a year ago laurenapperley said…
Not always, if the artist wants a story than thats good. With alot of songs it isnt possible, but if there is a story in the song i think there should be on in the video. Also if the artist wants to put across a message in the song it would be a good idea for the video to have the same message in it; a video is a good way to show a message through music.
over a year ago TripMX said…
Actually, I make music videos like these! I started in early 2012 as a hobby, but eventually became more serious about it. :)
over a year ago nickapperley said…
Yes. I feel that they should have music videos. Because then they will have a meaning behind them, which will then make the audience members and there target audience remember the music video. This means the music video is showing a good message through the music.
over a year ago dianebourthis said…
Yes, so you can understand what the song is about. This will then allow you to relate to it.
over a year ago PascalA94 said…
I wouldn't say that the video necessarily needs to have a storyline. So long as the video grabs the viewers attention then that is all that matters. There are many good music videos that do not really have a storyline to them.
over a year ago DeathChamberz said…
If the song does then yes