Music This is a song I wrote.......tell me what y'all think.....be nice, but honest please

AndySixMattTuck posted on Nov 12, 2011 at 11:51PM
I Still Love You Anyways
Verse One:
Seems like yesterday
Things were going
Our way
But now we're
Split apart
Don't know
Where to start
Or how
To fix this
Tragic thing

You were my
Favorite melody
I'd listen to
You before
I'd sleep
But it wasn't
Enough
And now it's
So tough
For me to sleep again
Chorus:
You leave me
So broken-up inside
And
I want you
Out my mind
But it doesn't
Matter how hard
I try
To forget you
Because
I still love
You anyways
Verse Two:
We used to
Laugh at
Everything
You even thought
Of
Marrying me
But we hit
The rough spot
That shot the
Life of us
To death

You taught me
How to live
My dreams
But if you
Can't be here
Then they're
Not real
Cause you
Were my friend
But now you're
Not here
Chorus:
You leave me
So broken up inside
And
I want you
Out my mind
But it doesn't
Matter how hard
I try
To forget you
Because
I still love
You anyways
Bridge:
Look, I know
We have our
Differences
But I can't
See there not
Being an us
Does this have
To be
The end?
Chorus:
You leave me
So broken up inside
But I
Don't want you
Out my mind
Cause it wouldn't
Matter how hard
I'd try
To forget you
(No it wouldn't matter)
Because I
I still love
You anyways

-The first verse just came to me, tuesday, and the rest followed

Music 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago SymmaGirl2 said…
Pretty good! It could use some work, but I like it!
over a year ago r-pattz said…
That's such a cute little pop song.

It's also boing and unoriginal as fuck.

kthxbye
over a year ago AndySixMattTuck said…
cool
@SummaGirl2-Thanks soooo much.....I kinda wanna be a singer/songwriter.....maybe in a band or on my own....it'd be cool to be in a band......I actually have another song that I wrote called, The Way I Am......but that one's alittle cheesy....I wrote it last year about a guy I liked and then finished it after I stopped liking him...........what on the song could use work? (question for anyone who says it needs work)

@r-pattz-Yeah I pretty fucking sure I said honest but nice......and the only fucking thing that was nice about THAT was, "That's such a cute little pop song."- which, By The Way, shouldn't fucking count because THIS SONG AIN'T A POP SONG!!!!!......I fucking changed the part "you even thought of marrying me" from what it was ORIGINALLY to what it is now cause "you even thought of coming clean" didn't speak well to me.......So here's something my mom would tell me and my dad (with my own lil twist), "if you don't how anything nice to say"-now here's my twist-"then Shut The Fuck Up, and don't talk to me about the song"
-kthnxbye

last edited over a year ago
It's cute how touchy people can get. You said nice but honest. The first part was niceish and honest, the second was honest if not all that nice. So hey, I followed your guidelines, didn't I? ;)

Also, the reason I'm being honest is because I'm tired of people always thinking they're perfect and always being so unable to take criticism. If you're aiming to be a singer/songwriter, you're going to have to learn how to take the crit. Get used to haters - everyone has them, and singers have them probably worst of all. Plus, I wasn't going to lie to you. I wasn't going to say, "Oh, I love that song, it's the best, blah blah blah." I didn't like it and I would never say I did, mmkay? And hey, maybe one day you'll realize just how cliche your song is, and maybe one day you'll start writing good lyrics instead. Want pointers? Listen to Mayday Parade or something. They've got damn good lyrics, nothing I've ever heard before. Your lyrics, however, are like fifty dozen other pop songs. Yeah I'm a bitch, but I'm damn good at it. ;P
@r-pattz-Ok......After the weekend and week I've had I agree on my song.....but here's the thing I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHERE THE SONG CAME FROM!!!!!!!!........I was waiting for the bus and all of a sudden these words and a melody pop in to my head......so I get to school and go to where I hangout with my friends and I have to write down what was in my head before I forgot them........I seriously DO NOT know where it came from.....NONE of what is in the song I ACTUALLY experienced.......I know I'm gonna have to deal with haters, but I was kinda hoping that if I put it on here, I could ACTUALLY get help from someone to make this a great song.........and really I want to be in a band, 1. Because I think it'd be fun; and 2. It's hard writing songs......I've only written two in my life......and the other one is worse than this one............So other than having me listen to Mayday Parade, what other advice do you have..............I wasn't really upset that you were hating on my song......you just hated on it without giving advice on how to make it better AFTER hating on the song
I didn't feel like reading that whole thing, but from the beginning it seems like at least you realize it was a horrible song. My work here is done. x]
@r-pattz-i'm a beginner.....of course my songs are gonna be horrible starting out
Beethoven began performing in his first concerts at age 7. He was pretty damn good for a beginner! XP

But seriouslyyyyyy, don't use that as an excuse for writing a bad song. Yeah, for the most part people do get better with time, but not everyone is bad at songwriting when they start out. Pushing the blame away isn't doing you any good. O_o
@r-pattz-Ok......OKAY!!!!......I get it, I'm a terrible songwriter.....but I'll get better, I PROMISE.....Don't give up hope on me.......I've actually am on my way to becoming a songwriter.....I've written some poems that are descent, I'm not exactly sure if they can be called good or not.....and you know what they say, songs are just poems set to music-or something like that........If you wanna judge, and critisize, some then I can send a few to you.........I REALLY want to be a songwriter, so I'm actually looking for any criticism that will help me