Peanut Butter What's your favorite?

meredith posted on Aug 29, 2006 at 06:39PM
Let's get things started with an introductory topic. What's your favorite way to eat peanut butter? Cookies, peanut butter cups, with jelly on a sandwich, or maybe straight out of the jar?! Feel free to tell us where you're from, your age, and anything else you'd like to share.

Peanut Butter 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago meredith said…
I might as well answer my own question, right? My all-time favorite peanut butter is the kind made by Reese's. The Big Cups are my favorite because you get SO MUCH delicious peanut butter! I love peanut butter cookies, peanut butter candy, ice cream with peanut butter in it...I am just crazy for peanut butter!
over a year ago greedo said…
I used to like crunchy, but now I like smooth. Don't really know why. I don't like my peanut butter too salty.

As for how I like it. I like pb&j on a thick slice of toast with a cold glass of milk. Yum. Preferred fruit preserve is apricot.

Yum.

I've also made a pretty yummy peanut butter and miso marinade for chicken before. Sounds crazy, but it's quite good.
over a year ago papa said…
I generally buy Laura Scudder's brand natural peanut butter these days. No salt added.

Perhaps not my favorite, but probably healthier than stuff with trans-fats and salt.
over a year ago waterlilybarb said…
I go in spurts, where I could eat peanut butter for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then, I overdo it and have to take a break. I love peanut butter cookies (I make them with peanut butter chips, mmm, yummy). In Canada, we have President's Choice Brand, and they make a fab mini pb cup. Very peanut buttery. Another favourite way to eat it is on toast, with hot cocoa...great evening snack. Could go on, but, too much tastiness is making me hungry.
over a year ago ninosage said…
Hi guys! I am 33 and I have to confess I am a Peanutbutteraholic! In 1984, when the first peanut butter was sold in stores I tried the crunchy peanut butter. In 2000, my family and friends set up an intervention and I have been peanut butter free for 10 years. Waterlilybarb, I do not appreciate you talking highly of the president's choice brand. It sucks. the mini pb cup, wheres the fab? if you were a true fan, you would continue on but you are too selfish to share your peanut butter wisdom. but It doesnt matter because I dont think you have any. Papa, you dare call yourself a fatherly figure? Would you feed Laura Scudder's brand to your offspring? No salt? you suck. Greedo I understand ur switch from crunchy to smooth. I too am a convert but when I feel dangerous i like it hard. And Meredith, oh meredith. you are vulnerable at this stage..you must stay away from the big cups. for they will lead you to something bigger. instead imagine this. A man. with a can of peanut butter. with a knife. spreading it all of over toast. does that turn you on? if it does then you need help my young padawan. I know exactly what your going through.
Final thought:

Greedo, do not eat apricot.
that is a womans fruit.
give it to meredith
over a year ago applexxx said…
I love to cook and often look for new recipes for myself. I recently found this recipe and really enjoyed it.

link

I advise you to try.

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion peeled and sliced
3 chicken breasts chopped into bite sized chunks
1 heaped tbsp ground coriander