Quotes Daily Quote

Jonapello23 posted on Nov 27, 2008 at 01:33AM
Quotes are awesome, and I'd like to give everyone a different quote every day that means something to me. I'll try to stay faithful to this, but I might miss a few days. Here's numero uno--

"How wonderful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward." Spanish Proverb

Feel free to give feedback or add quotes of your own. Enjoy-

Quotes 489 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 489

over a year ago Le-Magnifique said…
smile
"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes."
"People drain me, even the closest of friends, and I find loneliness to be the best state in the union to live in."
"I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world."
over a year ago isabelle_905 said…
sunny
Sorry, I just can't wait for tomorrow...

"Why does a man take it for granted that a girl who flirts with him wants him to kiss her -- when, nine times out of ten, she only wants him to want to kiss her?" - Helen Rowland
over a year ago SaitoSaturno said…
laugh
"Whoever said nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door."
This is like my fav quote ever. LOL
"Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of witnesses."
"Never let your heart reflect the conditions in which you staying" - Lupe Fiasco "Glory"
sunny
"Sometimes, I wish I had never met you. Then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there."
"This earth holds no forgiveness and doesn't care for anyone's back-story. It moves forward beyond ancient grievances and icebergs in clouds."
"If you want a story with a happy ending sometimes you have to stop in the middle."
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
"If things don't make sense then it's senseless to continue."
"Examinations are formidable even to the best prepared, for the greatest fool may ask more than the wisest man can answer."
over a year ago jem_ said…
Be who you want to be; not
what others want to see. --by unknown
"When I'm not doing something that comes deeply from me, I get bored. When I get bored I get distracted and when I get distracted, I become depressed. It's a natural resistance, and it insures your integrity."
"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius."
sunny
If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.
"Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits."
"It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail."
"A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, "You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk dancing.""
"Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen."
"A lifetime is more than sufficiently long for people to get what there is of it wrong."
over a year ago i_never_left said…
heart
love is like a wildfire, easy to start hard to put out
"To be willing to die for an idea is to set a rather high price on conjecture."
"Some men are born posthumously."
rainy
"Success goes on only until some idiot screws it up. Failure lasts forever."
laugh
"You can fool too many of the people too much of the time."
"There is no safety in numbers, or in anything else."
"There are three intolerable things in life - cold coffee, lukewarm champagne, and overexcited women."
laugh
"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love; they had five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
"A taste for irony has kept more hearts from breaking than a sense of humor, for it takes irony to appreciate the joke which is on oneself."
"Frequency of a tragedy does not diminish the wound when it is your own."
last edited over a year ago
"Life is a long lesson in humility."
"Time is that quality of nature which keeps events from happening all at once. Lately it doesn't seem to be working."
sad
"Isn't it funny that at Christmas something in you gets so lonely for - I don't know what exactly, but it's something that you don't mind so much not having at other times."
"Our heroes are people and people are flawed. Don't let that taint the thing you love."
"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity."
over a year ago newmixgirl said…
wink
A favorite of mine:
"The person who points an accusing finger should remember he has three fingers pointing at himself"
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
"Madame, all stories, if continued far enough, end in death, and he is no true-story teller who would keep that from you."
heart
"There is no lonelier man in death, except the suicide, than that man who has lived many years with a good wife and then outlived her. If two people love each other there can be no happy end to it."
"Those that think it permissible to tell white lies soon grow color blind."
"If my devils are to leave me, I am afraid my angels will take flight as well."
"Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk — real straight talk about souls, for life is holy and every moment is precious." - On The Road, Jack Kerouac
over a year ago life_rehab said…
'There's no point in trying to be how you imagine people want you to be. You're stuck with being yourself, so find people who like that.' -Andrew Davies

one of my favourites:)
“Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” Mary Anne Radmacher
last edited over a year ago
To me, every hour of the light and dark is a miracle,
Every cubic inch of space is a miracle,
Every square yard of the surface of the earth is spread with the same,
Every foot of the interior swarms with the same;
Every spear of grass—the frames, limbs, organs, of men and women, and all that
concerns
them,
All these to me are unspeakably perfect miracles.
(from "Miracles" by Walt Whitman)
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it."
zzz
"I turned around and walked to my room and closed my door and put my head under my pillow and let the quiet put things where they are supposed to be."
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."