The Heroes of Olympus PJO song themes

myth-freak214 posted on Jul 19, 2011 at 03:05AM
So I sort of got this from Hecate, but instead of pictures, it's songs! How this works is I will pick a character, and then you choose a song that you think fits that character the most. I need atleast ten different songs, starting with eight. Then I will listen to each song and pick which one I think works the most. Winners get props!
last edited on Jul 19, 2011 at 03:06AM

The Heroes of Olympus 55 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 55

over a year ago myth-freak214 said…
laugh
I will not be a part of this game, but if I do have a song of my own for the character, then I will tell you when I announce the winner.

First up: Percy
over a year ago athena305 said…
I have one. It's not incredible but I think it works. There was another option but I think you'll probably have a more specific category for it.

Except for the 'brown eyes' part, it fits pretty well.
over a year ago Athenabeth said…
Hero by Skillet
This is mainly for The Last Olympian (a big part of it is I'm not Superman, but i'm not arguing with athena305. other people view Percy as Superman but I don't think he views himself that way, I think yours is Annabeth's point of view)

the lines:
- "It's just another war
Just another family torn"
-"I've got a hero, I've got a hero
Living in me"
-"And if it kills me tonight
I will be ready to die"

make it work because the gods and Titans and Demigods are family, Percy thinks he's going to die, and he is really a hero

and where its talking about needing a Hero because of Luke being the hero in the prophecy
over a year ago athena305 said…
Yeah, I know. Mine isn't the best choice. I really like yours!
over a year ago Odssey said…
dont matter by Akon

its mainly for Percy and Annabeth and how they keep fighting for there love despite there parents hating the fact that they are together
over a year ago greekgirlA said…
wink
"knee deep" by zack brown look it up.
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
I'm with you by Avril Lavigne

How he has no idea who he is, where he's from but he knows there's someone out there that's like him.

link
over a year ago pjfan1 said…
big smile
I think that Hero by Skillet is perfect but since it's used I'll say Faint by Linkin Park.
wow you all have really good song choices! And I agree with you hecate. That song goes really well with the situation he is in right now.

I still need at least two more songs.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago venus143 said…
big smile
i'll try to find one soon sorry it's just that there's so many chices
big smile
ok so i found one here it is
I'm going to go ahead and go with the songs I have right now and pick one. I first started this as a fun experiment, but I didn't realize how hard it would be! ANYWAY, and the winner is...

Hero by Skillet!!!
Congradulations to you Athenabeth and to those of you who didn't win don't feel bad because you all had amazing choicesthey made it so hard to chose.

For those of you who would like to know(as I said in the beginning), my song choice was Frontline by Pillar

Next up: Annabeth :D
Awesome I won! And for Annabeth
Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
again this is for The Last Olympian

"And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore"
Annabeth Didn't look at Luke Admiringly anymore, she didn't follow Him around anymore

"And who do you think you are Running 'round leaving scars"
He certainly left his mark on Annabeth, He had a lot of Influence on her.

"You're gonna catch a cold From the ice inside your soul"
More like 'Die from the Evil Titan Crushing your soul'

"But I have grown too strong To ever fall back in your arms"
Annabeth needed Luke when she was little, She's stronger now and won't ever need him again.

"And tearing love apart"
Percabeth nearly didn't happen because Percy was jealous of how much Annabeth cared about Luke

"'Cause you broke all your promises"
Luke broke his Promise to Annabeth so her knife became cursed kind of the most important part of the series.

"And now you're back You don't get to get me back"
When Luke came to Annabeth and Asked her to Run away with him, she refused.
over a year ago Artemis037 said…
Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy

Reminds me of Annabeth and Luke

over a year ago pjfan1 said…
Unbreakable by Fireflight
big smile
so i'm going with keep holding on on by avril lavigne for annabeth

congrats on winning athenabeth:)

LATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big smile
@pjfan 1 that was one of my choices for for a song but oh well
over a year ago Jas55jar said…
big smile
link

um yeahh
over a year ago pjlover212051 said…
long live by taylor swift because of annnabeths relationship with percy or haunted by taylor swift for annabeth and luke. wow both songs by talor swift.
over a year ago pjlover212051 said…
heres haunted
over a year ago unknownquestion said…
annabeth is a toughy so im wingin it but i have feeling this has something to do with the current situation a little bit to do with her love life so think Somewhere only we know by Keane

besides i just like the song

wink
I gotta good one for Luke in my opinion
over a year ago puggyluv17 said…
Cool ideas guys
over a year ago luvseaweedbrain said…
mischievous
Kay si=o I think a good one for Annabeth would be ours by Taylor Swift (elevator buttons and morning air (think-elevator to olympus!) stranger silence makes me want to take the stairs/ if you were here we'd laugh about their vacant stares/ (you know Percy would..) but right now/ my time is theirs/ feels like theirs always someone who disagrees/ they judge it like they know about you and me (cough cough ATHENA cough cough))
OOOORRR...
Sparks fly by taylor swift (get me with those green eyes baby as the lights go down/ give me something thatll haunt me when you're not around ( cause he's gone )': )/ cause I see sparks fly, whenever you smile )
sooo yeah :)
I'M BBBBBBBAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!
Miss me. Probanly not, but still. The results are in, and let me tell you, man, do these things get harder each time? Hopefully not. Anyway, this special prop goes to...

Venus 143 for her song keep holding on! Now, let me remind you. If you so happen to pick a song that was also my choice, don't take it as a rip off. There are better songs out there.

Now for my choices.
For Annabeth I did happen to also have unbreakable by fireflight
BUT, I also have two songs for Annabeth throughout The Lost Hero and possibly The Son of Neptune. Those are

Desperate (C) Fireflight
Satellite Heart (C) Anya Marina
You should check them out, by the way. Great songs

Next Up: Grover

I'M BBBBBBBAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!
Miss me. Probanly not, but still. The results are in, and let
uuhhhh grover would definitely have something to do with nature or emotions ill get back to you
over a year ago gerybarzaka said…
Ok so I have a playlist on my IPod, its all about PJO, so i thought you would want to listen to it.

So the first song is "Never gonna leave this bed" by Maroon five, it's for when Percy comes back from Calipso's island

2."Don't you remember" by adele, thats for when Annabeth thinks about Percy in SoN...and how she is scared that he doesnt remember her

3."One and only" again adele... I think it's good for when Annabeth realizes she is in love with Percy

4."Someone like you" adele, it simply reminds me of calipso

5."Hi and low" The wanted, Percy surching for Annabeth amd Annabeth surching for Percy

6."Weeknes"The wanted. So it's funny actualy, i imagine all the guys from camp (that have girlfriends) singing this song to them... :D it would be kinda funny.

7."Lovesong" adele, it reminds me of Juniper and Grover, cause Grover has to leave camp ofhten and Juniper can't leave camp at all. And whenever he comes back she feels at home and free.

8."Personal soldier" the wanted... what can i say, Percy is annabeths personal soldier

9."This is war" 30 seconds to mars...the Titan war

10. "Since you're gone" The Pretty reckles... Thalia being better off without Luke

ok and now the song for Grover: "Muskrat Love"...i don't know if you guys remember, but in the demigod files he said "...I got this request once from a muskrat who wanted to hear 'muskrat love. Well...i learned it and i have t oadmit i enjoy playing it. Honestly, it's not just for muskrats anymore! It's a very sweet love story. I get misty eyed every time i play it...", so i chose this song, cause i couldn't think of another, he is tough.

Ok...so i think that's it...i hope you enjoy it!

btw this is the link for muskrat love link
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
Okay it's something about nature or Jesse McCartney(TTC Reference)
link
or
link
or
link
link
Yeah they all suck but Grover's a hard one
IM just going to pass on this one
over a year ago luvseaweedbrain said…
I think Grover's should be about like, being percy's best friend so maybe lean on me - i have no idea who its by but its pretty well known so...
lean on me
when youre not strong
ill be your friend
ill help you carry on

*this might be more percy for grover, but hey, hes a nature loving satyr this is kinda hard lol*
ha how bout this i know pretty cheesey but this is all i could come up with you know

Here comes the sun ... sounds so nature like and postive i know i know ill be quiet now
over a year ago _Aphrodite_ said…
kiss
Um I don't really have a video but This is War by 30 seconds to mars. Also Rebirthing by skillet. And Innoncence by Avril. as Bring Me to life. I'm according to you by orianthi ( for piper point of view) of course Hero by skillet is awesome!!! Last Night by skillet reminds me of Percy n Annabeth. And you belong with me by Taylor swift it reminds me of Piper and Jason <3

Love,
Aphrodite
big smile
awsome i won thx myth-freak <3 <3 <3 i'm sorry i din't post anything sonner but i'm here now so yhea whos next?

okay so lets see grover hmmmmmmm thats a hard one oh i got it how about>>>>>>>>>&­gt;­; wating on the world to change by jhon mayer.

i think it fits with him pritty well but i don't know anyways here it is:)
Wow. If I thought that Annabeth's was hard, this totally changed that. But, rules are rules, and there must be a winner. And that winner is...

luvseaweedbrain for Lean on Me.

I don't know why I just tell you my song choice, might as well just give you the video its self.

Next up: Thalia
cool you posted ok ill get back to you on thalia
over a year ago piper_mclean_ said…
big smile
well what about wake me up inside by evanescene i imedeatly thought about this song well because it's my favorite so yhea here it is. enjoy<3
hmmmmmmmm thalia let me getback on you on that and piper i love tht son i was plying it over and over on my i pod last night:)
Stupid Girls by P!nk
It works for pretty much any of the Hunters of Artemis.
over a year ago gerybarzaka said…
For thalia i decided to pic somethin from her favourite band GEEN DAY 21 Guns
link
I luv that song^! hmm maybe uprising by muse idk it sounds like her sorta personality
big smile
well thalia was kind of hard not really but this is what i picked for her so yea here it is fighter by christina aguilera:)
i tols you i would get back to you with a song laters:)
big smile
whait so if you choose the song fighter then whos next?
Idk they are not very consistent
over a year ago pugluv98 said…
i gotta leave in a few minutes and i want to go heah and put this up i think for percy "It Ends Tonight" by the all american rejects
hope she post something up soon:)
Totally agree^
big smile
please post something up soon
crying
I'M SSSSSOOOOOOO SSSSSOOOOOORRRRRYYYY!!!!!!!

I didnt realise how guilty I would feel with people asking me where ive been and and hoping that i can post soon. You guys break my heart.

Now with that aside it is tome for the winnaaaaaa!
and that person is........................................­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­..V­ENU­S14­3!!­!!!­!
Yes i admit fighter is my song choice too but theres no rule saying i cant do that. so dont try to bring it up to the supreme court( sorry took a constitution test today :( )

now the one you have all been waiting for(or not): Luke
~i feel so happy i now have a song for him~
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
The Animal I've become by 3DaysGrace
big smile
yeaa emma you posted!!!!!! awesome and i won yeaaa thank you very much and luke has been the easiest by far and so here it is.
MONSTER by skillet.