The Heroes of Olympus The New Hero

kgirl925 posted on Sep 21, 2011 at 11:56PM
Okay, so this is nothing like the New Olympian - don't worry.

Reyna was at Camp Jupiter for as long as she could remember. As a child of Trivia, her parentage didn't make people respect her but she certainly was one of the strongest and strangest demigods with extraordinary powers...until a New Hero arrives.

The New Hero didn't have much memory of his childhood. He remembers being loved by a hippie girl and going on a picnic. He also remembers arriving at a cave before entering Camp Jupiter mysteriously breaking through the borders without a guide. Although of these mysterious circumstances, Lupa still let him in as a camper.

Dakota is a son of Pluto. He didn't have a place at camp, and was bullied despite his powers. The arrival of the New Hero gave him hope of a new friend who would understand how a kid of the Big Three felt.

If you're wondering if Percy is in this story, he isn't. It's sort of the Roman Version of PJO (no, this isn't spam. These characters are somewhat mentioned in TLH. If I put it in PJO section then it would be spam, the characters aren't mentioned)

Hope you enjoy it. Please comment!

Disclaimer: all rights to Rick Riordan, the character and setting belongs to him.
last edited on Sep 22, 2011 at 04:31AM

The Heroes of Olympus 38 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago nicecatch42 said…
woop
my next forum was going to be along the lines of this, so don't tell me i copied u!
lol!
POST SOON ON ALL 3 of your forums andddd....................
COMMENT ON MY FORUM!
over a year ago kgirl925 said…
THE NEW HERO: 1
Reyna

It was a normal summer day at Camp Jupiter. Lupa was as mean as ever, I was stared down by the others, I was alone at the Trivia table and who knows about all the other miscellaneous details that happen every single stinking day.
Today was Sunday, which meant half day training and Kill the Flag. Lupa wanted us to "show no weaknesses in front of your opponents and get used to killing them if you have to." Kill the Flag was simple; she made me enchant the flag so it could dodge or even attack (don't ask me how I do it) and if you stab it successfully it would disintegrate. 
So, you get the idea. I woke up at 6 in the lowly cabin of Trivia, got up and had breakfast then went to train in preparation of Kill the Flag. Today, I was teaming up with the Apollo, Mercury, Venus (I personally don't get why they even participate) and the Pluto Cabin, which consisted of one very strange demigod by the name of Dakota.
You see, Dakota was a special case. He was born of a broken promise, Lupa said he wasn't supposed to exist at all and if she didn't kill him he was lucky she spared his life. Apparently Juno came up and had a talk to Lupa, so reluctantly she tattooed his forearm with the symbol of Hades. The tattoo means that you're officially a camper of Camp Jupiter, so after you get the stamp you still have to go through tests so Lupa won't eat you up. I guess she thought everyone deserved a few minutes of glory becoming an official camper before they went into her stomach.
So going back to Dakota, he passed the test by summoning skeleton bodyguards so he wouldn't get hurt. Dakota is not a normal Roman camper, he hated maiming people and he was scared of blood. I've heard people say it was a shame he was a son of Pluto and he was so cowardly, but at least he has some heart and cares for the health of people. I actually want to be friends with him; we were both the only campers in our cabin and we were both loners.
"Stop daydreaming, Reyna! Get to work! Or else you'll have to train full day today!" Lupa growled.
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention one thing: Lupa was a wolf.
You heard that right. She's a wolf, some people think she's a goddess but I just think she's a really mean talking animal (I have a theory about that. I'll tell you later). I've heard rumors she can turn into a lady but I don't think that's true.
Lupa isn't the average wolf you see in fairytales like Little Red Riding Hood. She's about triple the size, ten  times stronger and ten thousand times meaner.
"Campers. Your session has ended early today. We have a special visitor. A New Hero." Lupa growled. What was going on?

-------------
Plz comment I know it's short
it was good
please post on your original forum and my forum
I posted :D
over a year ago TheCrooked1 said…
great! post soon!
And you to, thecrooked1!
Post on my forum!
I POSTED!
And kgirl, pot on ur original!
over a year ago puggyluv17 said…
Cool
I'm glad you guys like it. I'll post more later today if I get two more comments from different people.
over a year ago anaklusmus16 said…
cool
over a year ago MisterPerfect1 said…
Good job, Madison! I loved your story! Can you all check out mine. It's called Leonardo the Retardo? Thanks!
big smile
ok you got your 2 comments
post now
EVERYONE READ MY FANFIC
I POSTED
AND POST SOON
ON YOUR ORIGINAL!
i got writers block on my original. it seems like it is dragging on, so i am improving the chapter.
okay i will post soon
pleasssseeeee!
THE NEW HERO: 2
Reyna

“A New Hero?” I asked quizzically.
“Yes. A New Hero. Come, we shall see him.” Lupa said in a tone that clearly marked no more questions.
All the campers turned around, lined up in a single file and went to follow Lupa to see a boy with blonde hair standing at the door. He looked around seven or eight, a little bit older than me.
“Jason Grace.” Lupa growled.
The boy didn’t reply, instead he stood as still as a statue, then suddenly spoke in a voice that clearly was not his own.
“Lupa, you must take care of this boy. He is the Hero in the prophecy you have been waiting for. Do not fail my orders.”
For the first time in the history of Camp Jupiter (well at least my existence in Camp Jupiter) I had never seen Lupa show fear in her eyes. The other campers seemed to realize that as well, and their eyes bored into this new guy’s eyes. He must have some authority. Oh, and I forgot to explain before: there’s things called prophecies here, creepy little poems that give hints about the future. The Oracle is the person-well not person anymore, like an evil spirit that gives those poems. I heard from some older campers that the evil spirit gave a prophecy a century or so ago, and it wasn’t just any ordinary prophecy. It was a so-called ‘Great Prophecy’, which according to my sources meant that it would be a big event in demigod history. Or something along the lines of that.
Lupa bowed her head to the kid, then turned towards us.
‘All Hail Jason Grace, Son of Jupiter.”
Chaos immediately ensued. Demigods broke out of their single file, trying to get closer to this New Hero, everyone except for me and Dakota. We were standing there shocked, amazed that another god had broken the promise, the promise they would never have demigod children ever again….me and Dakota locked eyes. We knew we were thinking the same thing.
“Jason will be staying in the Jupiter Cabin. He will have the tattoo on in an hour; and we will still continue on with Kill the Flag. There will be no excuses for not participating. You are to make Jason here as welcome as possible. That is all. You are all dismissed.” Lupa said, losing her usual “growl voice”. Instead, it was like a voice of a mouse, one that was scared from the cat that was hunting it. It was certainly unusual.
Dakota came rushing up to me. “So what do you think that was about?” He said. It was the first complete sentence he had ever said to me. I was shocked.
“So you do know how to speak proper English.” I said, surprised.
“Of course. It’s just that there’s no one to talk to and no one who understands me.” He explained.
“Whatever you say. Well, answering your question, I think that he got sent here by someone.” I made up, because I was too absorbed into looking at this new guy. He was hot.
“I think you’re right. It’s impossible that a child of the Big Three could survive until seven and make it here without a guide. So, what are you going to do before playing Kill the Flag? If I recall correctly, we’re on the same team today.” He smirked.
“Chill. There’s no need to stress for Kill the Flag. You just have to kill the flag, it’s pretty simple. You know, I don’t-well many people don’t, they don’t get why you’re afraid to kill.”
His face darkened. “I was thinking we could hang around the back and do nothing. You shouldn’t have mentioned that. It’s a long, long story. You really sure you want to know?” He said, teasing me. He probably thought I wasn’t that keen on knowing. But I was.
“I want to know.” I insisted. “Tell me quickly now, before Kill the Flag.”
He sighed. “Fine. Well here goes nothing…”

plz comment on the story should i continue? do you like it? thanks
continue for sure
no problem! Comment when you have time!
I thought Jason came to camp when he was two, but whatever.............
it was still really awesome!
Remember your original!
yes i changed it around a bit from what RR said, otherwise that'd be totally boring :) let's just call it a modern version of it...actually a remix of his version
btw, just commented.
over a year ago unknownquestion said…
Dibs on number one fan!!!muahahaha! Post soon interesting topic
So is Percy in this story?
Great chapter
Yeah wondering the same thing^
unknownquestion: yay!
anaklusmus16 : nope. it is kinda the roman version of PJO, if you get what i mean ;)
Ooohhh(blonde moment);)
over a year ago PrinceAthem said…
Hey amazing one.. Post next ch soon..
over a year ago _calypso_ said…
Great story love and the plot is cool by the way this is actually pink-bookworm
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
:):):) anytime calypso replies on this it's probably me
^^^^ thanks! Okay :)
all
your
forums!
smile
Here is the chapter. I just got out of school and did this chapter in my...wait for it.... MATHS CLASS :0 lol and the teacher didn't know:) so here it goes

THE NEW HERO: 3
Reyna

"It all started on a normal day. I asked Mom when Dad would be back; she replied the usual: he would be back in good time." he took a deep breath, and continued. "Suddenly, I saw some weird creatures like the ones I saw in my nightmares every night for as long as I could remember."
"They're not just nightmares." I whispered. He nodded.
"I found out later. Well, the things-the things were trying to get in, and my mom freaked out. She took me and hid on the second level. But the monsters knew we were there. Suddenly, a man appears out of no where and hugs my mom. I didn't know he was Pluto at that time, and I was horrified. I didn't know my mom was making out with another guy. The strangest thing was that the guy hugged me, too. I remember asking my mom, 'Why does he look like death?'. Her reply was her last words: 'Because he is death, honey. He's your father. I love you.'" he croaked the last few sentences. I nodded my head in encouragement. I wanted to know more.
"Well then after that, the monsters got in. Pluto put his hands around me, and went to put his around my mom's too. It was too late though, she already disappeared. I remember he said, 'This can't be happening all over again.' Then somehow he managed to get us out of there and for a while I was living in his palace." he wrinkled his nose. "Nasty place to live, if you ask me. Well anyway, Pluto always seemed to start muttering to himself ever since that day, things like 'Cursed Prophecies,' or 'They're back.' I never understood what he meant, but I've been talking to a few ghosts and I think I know. I actually need to tell someone, so that's why I made the decision to tell you."
"Go on, then."
"I think that the Old Ones are back. Meaning Saturn and his group of elderly." he said with humor, but then his smile quickly vanished.
"Your mom...?"
"Never seen again. Pluto doesn't know what happened, either. We didn't see how she disappeared at all. I assume she's....she's g-o...-ne after all these y...-ea-rs....but all we saw was a lot of blood. A lot of blood. But Pluto still believes she's still alive."
"Do you believe that?" I asked. Bad move.
"I don't know...I don't think so." he said, and stared crying.
I was silent while he sobbed (luckily Lupa wasn't nearby). I couldn't believe it. All these years I've seen him snoop around the camp, afraid to talk to him, thinking he was this really mean guy...to hear he was going through this!
"I'm sorry to hear that, Dakota."
For a second there he looked surprised, then he turned to look towards the cabins.
"We better get going and get prepared for Kill the Flag. Are you going in front?"
I hesitated. I understood why he was so afraid of blood. That left one question-why was he afraid of killing? When you kill someone there is always blood, a voice in my head reminded me. 
"I'll stay in the back with you." I decided.
For the first time in many years, he grinned. "Thank you, Reyna."

_________________________________________­___­___
I know that was short but considering I posted it straight after school and I did it In maths class it was pretty long :) please comment I'll post the next part if I get 4 comments from different people thanks
It was awesome!
Oh, and do you remember that cool thing they used to have, bacck in the day?
IT WAS CALLED AN ORIGINAL FORUM!
lol
post soooooon
on your original!
and on this, cuz this is really good
Thanks^
@others: please comment! Please please
plz comment! two more until the next chapter (different people!)
Yeah this is a unique story.. ^Nice one.. Post soon..
mischievous
Can 2 comments from me count ??
Or how bout I comment that perfecto( eh eh Spanish *wink*) post plz
big smile
Yeah that's nice so now POST..!!!
^ I will if I get one more comment from a different person
Or I will post tomorrow
The New Hero: 4

"Campers of Camp Jupiter, let the annual event of Kill the Flag begin!" Lupa shouted, and the whistle went.
I forgot to tell you. Lupa always made a dramatic speech before Kill the Flag. It was really annoying, and some campers memorized the speech.
"Remember the promise." Dakota muttered in my ear.
"Sure I do." I gritted my teeth, watching others fight I just wanted to join in.
Suddenly, out of nowhere a figure started to approach us where we stay still and hidden.
"You both aren't fighting in Kill the Flag?" the figure said, coming closer.
For a terrifying second I thought it wad Lupa, but when it was close enough we saw in shock... It was the New Hero.
"What are you doing here?" Dakota asked with an edgy voice.
The New Hero shrugged. "I guess to hideout here with you guys."
I stared at him. "So, do you have an actual name? Or do we have to worship you and call you the New Hero forever?" I asked, my tone mocking.
"My name's Jason."
"Jason..." I pondered. "Just like that Hero."
"I'm the son of Jupiter." he butted in.
"Jupiter? Seriously?" Dakota said in shock.
"Yeah." he sighed. "Not fun. Not the best spot to be in."
"So you're just like me?" Dakota asked curiously.
"You're a child of the Big Three too?" 
"Child of Pluto." Dakota said, his head hanging.
By this time they were chatting non stop, talking about all the worries they share until I heard a roar.
"Where is Reyna, Dakota and our New Hero?" it was Lupa's voice.
I turned to look at the two; they heard it as well and looked scared, particularly the new Hero.
"We gotta get out of here. Run!" Jason said, and dragged us along with him.
"We can't. We'll be found anyway." I muttered, defeated.
"I know somewhere we can stay for a while." Dakota smiled. "Somewhere Lupa doesn't even believe exists."
"Lupa knows everything." I frowned. "This sounds dangerous."
Dakota's eyes glinted. "It is dangerous. I've heard all about it from my ghosts."
"Then we shouldn't go."
"Well I want to go." Jason spoke up. "Where is this place, anyway?"
Dakota paused for a second, then let out a deep breath.
"The Labyrinth."

------------
Plz
Comment
Thanks!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago trivia101 said…
big smile
Wow groversbro why was the last chapter/ comment 4 months ago?

If u can post!!
over a year ago trivia101 said…
Oh wait sorry I mean kgirl sorry