The Heroes of Olympus The Ghost King

SenorMcCool posted on Oct 12, 2011 at 03:35AM
Synopsis: We all like Percy and Jason. But let's get to know a new hero. A hero who has faced worse stuff than Percy and Jason alone. Welcome to Nico di Angelo's world. A world between life and death. Reader, I want you to experience this world, and tell me, is Nico awesome or what?

Life has a fragance; death has a stench. ~Nico di Angelo

Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery, Suspense, Romance?

ENJOY!
last edited on Jan 10, 2012 at 12:47AM

The Heroes of Olympus 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago _reyna_ said…
big smile
omggggggg i love nico he's freaking awsome i hope you post soo and yeaaaa i'm your first reply:)
over a year ago SenorMcCool said…
cool
Chapter One

I hate my life. If it is a life at all. After my sister died, I moved on to the life of wandering around camp, wondering Did I cause my sister's death? I had become a loner, and life had gotten worse from that day forward.

Nobody really understood me. Like they ever did. Percy has tried several times, but I guess this is the fate of all children of Hades. I try to bring back the good ol' days. When I played MythoMagic and cracked jokes.

But that all seemed too distant for me.

The person that I loved the most was too distant.

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't match up to anyone's standards. I didn't die. That is, not until I have proven myself worthy to this pitiful world.

So I moved in with my father Hades.

He isn't the most best father in the world--or Underworld. But he still is my dad. And if my mother could handle him, so could I.

-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--

I closed my eyes and imagined myself in the Underworld. At my father's throne. Then I felt myself sink into the ground. My very matter was shifted and swirling like whirlpool. This must've been how it felt to go through a portal.

When I opened my eyes, I was exactly where I imagined. My father was at left, sitting at his throne made of dried bones. My stepmother Persephone was sitting beside him in her throne covered with a bouquet of flowers and a large mass of ivy.

Persephone didn't fit in with the gloomy, eerie habitat of the Underworld. Her beautiful silk dress and black hair braided with tulips applied too much color to the scene. Her caramel skin was to robust for the Land of the Dead. But even in the Underworld, her beauty still shone. And she didn't seem to want anyone to forget that she was the goddess of seasons (especially spring).

And the more you thought about it, Hades and Persephone made a horrible couple. But surprisingly, they had children. Two boys that were at least eighteen stood at both sides of Hades. They seemed like identical twins if it weren't for one of them having dreadlocks and the other a miniature afro.

Hades was in his usual state--an expressionless face that gave nothing away. Maybe that's how I would come to look. Well, like father like son.

Hades stood up and spoke: "These are my two sons, Thanatos and Hypnos. Death and Slumber. They will guide you around the Underworld, and train for the day when you will become a god."

The twins sauntered forward. They both punched me on the arm, and said in unison, "Let's get started, bro."

From up close, Thanatos and Hypnos both resembled Persephone, but they had very strange personalities. Hypnos kept sleepwalking, and Thanatos would always have to punch him to keep him awake. Thanatos seemed to like hitting people. Whenever he spoke, he punched something. Usually, it was either Nico or Hypnos. I would try to hurry along, but Thanatos would spread out his black wings, and say, "Slow down, bro. Death has its own pace. And so do I."

I didn't understand the use of Thanatos' wings. I mean, this is the Underworld. But the answer came when the ground began to shke from an earsplitting roar.

Then it hit me: Could you die in the Underworld?
last edited over a year ago
Please. I need to know if this is any good. So give me some feedback.
Should I continue with SENOR's Heroes of Olympus as well?
over a year ago MisterPerfect1 said…
over a year ago MisterPerfect1 said…
Post soon
over a year ago nicecatch42 said…
nice man! That wuz awesome!
and it is ur choice to continue the other one or not
is this formerly 'Son of Pluto'?
over a year ago pjlover447 said…
great story post soon and don't make nico die