The Heroes of Olympus Song of life

gumbee posted on Dec 09, 2011 at 06:33AM
Hey guys, just had this little idea of a forum.
I'm gonna post a few chapters(depending on the reviews)

Each chapter will be a pov of a character and it will sort off be inspired by a song. So... yup that's about it.

No vulgarities. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

The Heroes of Olympus 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago gumbee said…
Okay so here goes.

When darkness turns to light, it ends tonight
--It Ends tonight, The All-American rejects

Percy

He made his way to the beach.

The sea had always been his source of inspiration.

His strength.
His courage.
His life.

He stood on the spot, his arms tensed as a cool sea breeze blew, lifting his jet-black hair. Waves lapsed up against one another as he closed his eyes.

His heart pounded furiously. A swirl of emotions fueled the movement. He felt lost, weak, scared.
He wanted to give up, to end his life, for this to be his last night. But he knew he couldn't.
Too much rested on him. His shoulders held the fate of the world.

His feet buckled at the pressure. They felt feeble. His body ached, tempting him to just let it go, let the burden crash down upon him.
Let it end it all.
Once and for all.

But he hesitated.

His mind swirled, letting him remember.

The day he met Grover.
The day he found out that he was a demigod.
The day he plunged a Minotaur down.
The day he challenged a God.
The day he saved the world.
The day he grew up and matured.

And

The day he fell in love.

He tensed.

A realization dawned upon him.

He would fight the dark.

For Grover, his first friend. Who supported him from start till now. Who had never despised him, who gave him strength to fight on.

For Chiron, the strong teacher who was what he himself never could be. Who made him into what he was today, who encouraged him.

For Tyson, his brother. Whose simple mind released his stress time and again. Who was his support when he fell.

To his mother and step-father, who encouraged him till the end.

To Poseidon, who believed in him till the very end.

To his friends, who gave him the courage time and again to move on.

To Annabeth, who was the world to him. Who was his confidante, his support, the fuel of his strength. Who taught him to love someone and who loved him back. Who always believed in him.

He stood up, firmer.

He would fight.

He would fight against the darkness.

Till the darkness turned to light......
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago swiftwater said…
cintinue!!!!!!!
:) thanks I will. But I'm trying to find a song to do about now.
You're the missing piece I need, the song inside of me,I need to find you,I gotta find you
--Gotta find you

Annabeth

The girl walked along the beach. Her legs left imprints on the soft floors of the sand. A hand lifted up constantly to push strands of hair away from her face, but the sea breeze always blew them back.

Her hands were by her side, she lifted them up and clasped them together in the form of a prayer. Words formed on her lips as she prayed to the Gods.

Her eyes opened.

The usual startling grey eyes were filled with dull grey ones.

She had constantly come to the beach ever since her boyfriend's disappearance. They had spent most of their free time here, at this very beach she was walking along.

The restless wind stirred the sea and each wave came crashing against the sand like the jaw of a monster crashing down on its prey. A heavy scent of sea salt filled the air and the girl shivered as yet another cold gust of wind greeted her.

But she knew, that she would spend her time here tonight.

She sat down, feeling the soft grains of sand seeping through her slippers.

She raised her knees up to her chest and muttered another, silent, longing prayer.

Her eyes opened. Her lips trembled as she tried to form words.

"Percy?"She called out uncertainly. The words were soft, barely audible. They trembled and was soon lost in the wind.

She swallowed.

"Percy?"She called again, stronger this time and filled with a mixture of emotions, with the majority being longing. The waves continued to lapse. No thunder. No lightning. No flash of light. And there was certainly no sign of a boy with sea green eyes and jet black hair appearing anytime soon. The green waves were the closest comparison to the boy's eyes and the night sky resembled his hair. A tear trickled down her cheeks. The waves got stronger, as if consoling her, telling her that they too longed for the boy, longed for the person, who like them, do not like to be restrained.

Another tear seeped into the sand.

The girl got up and instead of heading into the Athena cabin, she headed to Cabin 3, like she had done every night ever since Percy Jackson's disappearance. Annabeth Chase lay down on her boyfriend's bed to console herself, or to give her reassurance, at least that Perseus Jackson was real, and not a dream.

She would find him one day, she promised.

But until then, until then, she would be waiting, longing and wishing......
No commets :(
over a year ago pugluv98 said…
most prople dont get on till like 6 eastern time, i thing this is awesome!
over a year ago universalpowa said…
yeah :D post soon!! :D
over a year ago Child_of_Hermes said…
post!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hv tuition :(( can only post after it sry
Now it's too late to apologize, it's too late
---Apologize, OneRepublic

Luke

A scar was seen on his cheek. He was well-built, and his eyes were a nice blue. He was the most trusted demigod of the Titan Lord. People would think that he was happy, but his eyes showed otherwise. The clear blue had dimmed and if you looked, you would be forgiven to think that there were no life in them. His feelings were long gone, except for one maybe--Regret.

He remembered the times he had with his friends.

He remembered a certain daughter of Zeus.

He remembered a blonde haired girl, with stormy grey eyes, a daughter of Athena.

He remembered a particular satyr that he had met, who had done his beat to save him and his friends.

And he remembered a boy with sea-green eyes who could have turned out to be a good friend of his.

But he had betrayed them. He wanted revenge. He was angry at te Gods, angry at his father, Hermes, who knew his fate but refused to tell him. He walked and sat down on a random spot, looking up at the sky. Those feelings had subsided or if not, were gone now. But it was too late. A tear trickled down his face and dropped onto the ground. His face, once handsome was now nothing but old and pale.

He knew that he had no one to blame but himself.

Anger had fueled his betrayal.

But it was too late now.

It was too late to apologize....