The Heroes of Olympus Sequel?

extremereader posted on Mar 15, 2012 at 12:21AM
hi i decided to make a forum based on an idea i had.
posting schedule: somethime random during the week
characters: whoever and others
synopsis: its about a girl named Zoe and she has some serious problems in life...
enjoy!
last edited on Mar 15, 2012 at 12:32AM

The Heroes of Olympus 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago extremereader said…
OK, heres the first chapter:
I think I'm going crazy. I see the weirdest things, and no one else seems to notice them. That or their really good actors. I've seen a cheerleader with one bronze leg, and one donkey leg chasing a guy with an orange t shirt while shouting things that sound suspiciously like something my social studies teacher might say.

Or another time, i was sitting on a beach chair at the beach close to where I live, and this guy in shirts and a hawaiian shirt just walks out of the ocean. Totally dry and normal looking. And then he winked at me. Either the worlds greatest magic trick, or something was seriously wrong.

I think my mom thought I was hallucinating when I told her about the guy who looked like a giant blue icicle when we went on a cruise in Alaska.

Anyways, my mom loves spending time with me. I think she's an over protective parent because whenever I tell her about something I saw, she looks around, and puts a hand on her belt. I really don't know why, but she seems to get reassured and says "don't be silly Zoe."

Have I mentioned how much I hate my name? Zoe. Ugh. It sounds all old and stuff. I asked my dad once why he named me that and he said "for a good friend". I didn't ask for details, just resolved to legally change my name when I was old enough.

(so if you haven't figured out yet who Zoe really is, I'll give you a hint. Book 3. For those of you who can figure out what that means and who her parents are, kudos. If not, I'll try to add something)

I really wasn't looking forward to school tomorrow. Do you hate school? Not as much as I do. I have dyslexia and ADHD. It's so infuriating, not being able to write or read. Reading can be fun, depending on the book.

So my teachers all glare at me while they wait for an answer and i fidget impatiently in my seat. Then when the bell finally rings, I dash out of my seat and run home.

Now, i give you fair warning, I have the weirdest parents EVER. My mom is obsessed with blueprints and other random things like that. My dad is gone most of the time, and when he comes back, he always crashes on he couch and when he wakes up, he goes into his 'study'.

Our house is really complicated. Although it only has 2 stories, the rooms are really cool. Mine has no tv or anything, just a 4 poster bed, a dresser, a bedside table, and a desk. It has a few other things, but that's basically it. The Lime green walls blend with my blue bed.

My dads 'study' is really cool. I'm not allowed in there, but once I snuck in. The walls are a sea blue and a wooden floor is covered in weird trinkets. The ceiling is white and the door blends in perfectly with the walls. It's not much of a study, because my dad never really studies.

Anyways, once home, I made a snack and disappeared into my room to do my homework. Then I groaned. We had a test on algebraic equations. Tomorrow. Which just happened to make no sense at all to me.

I slammed my text book shut. Mom might know, but I didn't really want her help. Call me independent. As I walked down our really awesome twisted stairs, I saw my mom at the bottom shouting "Zoe! Can you clean your room? Rachel is coming over!"

Rachel is awesome. She always has the weirdest clothes, but you can't say she doesn't have style. All of her jeans are covered in doodles and Rachel has mad skills, art wise.

"what time?" I yelled down. "around 4:30". great. An hour to clean the house. I jogged down the stairs, and went into the kitchen, where my mom was tying to cook some thing.

I opened my mouth to tell her that the recipe called for 1 teaspoon of salt, not one tablespoon, but I was interrupted because just then, dad burst in the door. Mom nearly dropped the salt. "hi Zoe" he said. Then he turned to mom "family meeting. Now" then he ran up the stairs and I heard his study door shut.

I wasn't to weirded out, stranger things have happened. But mom looked worried. "hey Zoe, why don't you go clean your room. I'm sure Rachel would love to be able to open the door and see inside." I shrugged and she quickly went upstairs. And after making myself another PB-and-Cracker sandwich I followed.

At the top of the stairs, I heard voices coming from dads study. I stopped and listened. "Annabeth, I have to go. Chiron needs me at camp." "is it that urgent?" asked mom worriedly? I assume he nodded "they found a new, really powerful one. She's about 12 and she's being stalked. By at least 3".

Now none of this made sense to me. But mom seemed to understand "what does he want you to do?" "watch her and bring her to camp." "I thought the satyrs did that." "they tried" "hmmmm..." "and another thing," he paused "Chiron wants Zoe to go to camp. He thinks our parentage may cause some unusual- difficulties."

A shocked silence settled over my parents. "when" mom asked finally? "right now" I heard footsteps and jumped back. The doorknob began to twist and a sprinted as quietly as possible back to my room.

When my mom walked into my room, I tried to look busy cleaning. Like; me, spy? Never! As soon as she walked in, she tried to put a happy smile on "hey! We are going on a quick trip. Could you pack a small bag? Up to 3 nights. "I thought Rachel was coming." "she messed up her calendar. She's got other plans"

I shrugged. "How long in the car?" "less than an hour, more than 30 minutes." wow. Really clear there mom. "where are we going?" "oh, just to someplace I went when I was younger. your dad has a" she fumbled for the right word "job meeting there". I really didn't think mom would appreciate the fact I eavesdropped on their conversation. "sure. Give me a minute to get my stuff in a bag."

She left and i started shoving my things into a bag. I didn't have much stuff, just a notepad, some pencils, a few drawings, and some clothes. No electronics and stuff. Mom said they were unreliable. Dad said he agreed. I never used any so I didn't really have an opinion on the subject.

As I walked down the stairs, I had an odd sense of foreboding. Like I would never come back... Which was nonsense. Mom had said 3 days max. But why? I didn't really have time to ponder my conscience's dire warnings. I went outside and got in the car.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago dogcat207 said…
crying
Post i am crying mysself to death
over a year ago trivia101 said…
big smile
Omg! This is the best! Post!!!!!
over a year ago trivia101 said…
sad
Oh well! Poeple arent reading this :(