The Heroes of Olympus Invasion

Meef posted on Mar 23, 2012 at 02:37PM
Check out my other one :D
link

Rated: K+

══════════════════════════════════════

Sypnosis

Earth is thriving.

It is the year 2105. The batch of demigods we have known before have now passed away, gone to Elysium. Their descendants live on today, in a world where technology has now exceedingly beaten what could have never been accomplished long ago. About seven decades ago, a young scientist by the name of Annabeth Chase, along with her husband Percy Jackson, discovered a way to travel faster than the speed of light.

Through the use of magic.

Their discovery was spread to the entire mortal world, and this unveiled the world of demigods, monsters and the Mist suddenly disappeared. Countries decided to make an alliance, known as the ‘Alliance of Earth’. Monsters were quickly destroyed, and today they are no longer a threat to mortals and demigods alike.

The demigods did not know the power of magic; it boosted technology ahead by about three hundred years.

Mars has been terraformed into a lush, green environment. Venus is now a space hub of activity, with forests encompassing a large, modernised city in the center. The other planets have outposts orbiting them. The Solar System’s economy is booming, and with advances in technology pollution has been reduced to almost zero.

However, the Solar System is being invaded by aliens who are more advanced than Earth, and inter-stellar war is about to begin.

But the citizens of the Solar System have no idea what's headed their way.

Please enjoy, subscribe if you want more, comments are greatly appreciated too!

last edited on Apr 04, 2012 at 03:30PM

The Heroes of Olympus 36 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago universalpowa said…
o_o
isnt that the same uh, summary for Progression? o_O
expect this one makes no sense?
LOL

uh, i have no idea. ;D
FIRST COMMENTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Meef said…
SAME SUMMARY, SAME CHARACTERS, I'M DESTROYING THE EARTH
Chapter 1: Unknown

Michael hid in one of vents, just like he always did. He liked to listen to his father’s conversations with others, eavesdropping to no end. It was the summer holidays, and since his good friend Joey was out with her other friends, his father had decided to bring him to work.

“Soak in the atmosphere,” he had said. “You might work here one day.”

His father had stored him in his own office, but Michael had managed to unscrew the vent he had found the first time he came to the office. It was tightly screwed but with his magi-tool he was able to unlock the thing. He had been using it ever since.

“Sir, we’ve been getting some strange transmission from the Pluto station,” he overheard an officer saying to his father. He listened silently, afraid of making any noise in case his father found his hiding spot.

“Oh? What have we here?” He saw his father take a holopad from the officer and scroll down, frowning with every flick of his hand. He transferred the data to his own holopad before dismissing the officer. The officer saluted and left with a “sir”. His father headed back to his own room.

Michael quickly crawled through the vents, but his father was always ahead. It came as a shock to him when he reached the room earlier than him. Must have been a distraction. He heaved a sigh of relief and quickly returned the vent to its original position.

His father entered the room, his face dark as the overcast sky. He quickly sat on his chair and started to twirl his pen, as he did whenever he was nervous.

“What’s wrong, dad?” Michael asked, coming out of his feigned nap.

He managed a smile, but it faltered. “Michael, I’m just tired. Don’t worry. We’ll leave soon.”

That was odd. He never offered to let Michael leave. Especially at three in the afternoon.

He sighed. “I’ll just send you back to camp,” he said, and he took his flycar keys and patted Micahel’s back. “Come on, sport, I’ll bring you to camp.”

They arrived at Camp Half Blood, which had moved from Long Island Sound onto a floating island that could see Olympus, and high enough to be hidden from prying eyes. Michael’s father gave him a kiss on the forehead before returning to his flycar. “I’ll be back this Saturday.”

“Bye, dad,” Michael said as he left the island. Michael looked over the edge of the Camp, and watched as his father’s car entered the throngs of flycars that swerved around buildings. He managed to keep track of it, but after it flew past the Empire State Building he lost it behind the giant skyscrapers that dominated most of New York City.

Michael got up and went back to his cabin, Cabin 3. He was a descendant of Poseidon, and he was counted as a demigod since he also had some power over water. He remembered getting a text from Buzzy, the techy guy from Athena cabin. He had developed some kind of ancestor hologram device, and wanted to show it to Michael.

He headed over to Athena cabin, which was right across the campfire. According to portraits and photographs of the camp from a century ago, little had changed except the number of cabins. And the fact it was now a floating island.

Buzzy opened the door and a grin spread across his face. Pulling Michael inside with gusto, he started explaining some techy stuff that Michael completely did not understand.

“... connecting the wire to the blue one caused a multidimenisonal portal, which would then allow...” Buzzy continued.

“Buzzy, if you don’t mind can we try the device out?”

“Yeah, sure,” Buzzy pressed a button excitedly and stood back. From previous experiences, Michael wished he had his shield.

The object whirred up silently, and a small holographic keyboard appeared. Pressing a few buttons, a hologram of Heracles sprung up. Then the object exploded.

Coughing out soot, Michael glared at Buzzy, who seemed to be buzzing with happiness. Hence the nickname.

“That didn’t work out too well, did it?” Michael said, scowling at him as he cleaned his face of grime.

“It just needed some fine tuning, that’s it. I’ll rebuild it and show it to you again,” he said cheerfully, immediately returning to work.

“Yeah, give me a shield or something next time,” Michael said, waving at him as he left the cabin.

“Oh wait, Michael!” Buzzy called from inside the cabin. His figure appeared at the door, and he was clutching a holopad. Swinging the wooden door shut, he attempted to send a file to Michael’s holopad. Michael accepted the request and a clear voice said, “receiving file.”

“What am I getting?” Michael inquired as the holopad received the data. He attempted to look at Buzzy’s holopad but the glare of the sun caused his holopad to seem invisible. The holopad’s frame vibrated and Michael opened the file.

“You read it, gotta get back to work!” Buzzy quickly ran back inside, leaving the door wide open. Michael shook his head, thinking that Buzzy had to be tested for insanity. Returning to his cabin and smiling at a few fellow campers along the way, he read the message.

DATE: 21 JUNE 2105
TO: OFFICER HACKLE

RE: PLUTO SIGNALS

Hello Officer Hackle,

We have been receiving disturbing messages from Pluto base, saying that they have been getting some signals from an alien ship. The teams sent to investigate haven’t returned, and there could be a possible bogey incoming from outside Sol.

We’re not sure what is incoming, a possible radioactive meteorite or comet, but those could be detected by our systems on Earth. I require you to get Pluto base to send in the signal waves and all the data we have for our analytics department to examine the information. Show this to Officer Jackson, he’ll know what to do.

Regards,
Admiral Everdeen
Earth Defense Committee

Michael put the holopad to sleep, letting it charge in the sunlight via solar power. He looked at Buzzy, who was tinkering with objects on his desk. How had he hacked his father’s holopad?

More importantly, what was that thing heading for Sol?

OMG
YOU JUST RIPPED OF SUZANNE COLLINS, LOL

"EVERDEEN" LOLZ

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES EVERYONE! :D

psot sooonnn meeeef! ;D

~universal~
there is no relation in your argument
and i like hunger games let the tributes DIE
wat y no comments :(
^ i countt!!
besides, holly is at the hunger games
I COUNTTTTT D:
meefff post againnnnn pweaseeee D:
lol
she's fighting for her life inside an arena in the wilderness, she'll never come back alive
percy's coming in, just you wait. oh and annabeth too.
^ no.

^ (Y)
over a year ago hollistergurl said…
AWESOME MEEF!
POST SOON! :D
smile
how sad. now bye
^ LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! XDDDD
post soon meef! dont be lazzyyy D:

posttt or we shall find you...hollister, we will anoy him till he posts lol ;D hhaa
^ lmfao, definitely :D

post soon dude! :P
Chapter 2: The Invasion

Michael went to Chiron immediately. Being the camp’s instructor, he would know what was best. Also, he’d already been around for two thousand years, and his experience would come in handy.

So it came as a shock when Chiron gave a look of defeat and settled into his wheelchair. Picking up a cup of tea and offering Michael some sugar, which Michael declined, he sipped it silently, deep in thought.

“Any suggestions?” Michael asked weakly.

“Well it would be a great help if NASA could tell us what the object was,” Chiron said as he wheeled his chair to the computer. It was a vintage one, a century old. But this was made of celestial bronze and could last until armageddon.

Which could be within a few days.

“Hmm... interesting,” Chiron murmured as his scrolled down the screen.

Michael placed the tea carefully on the table before jumping over the couch to him. “What is it?”

“They say they’ve lost contact with Pluto base,” Chiron said. “No signals in or out. Last one was a distress signal before they went quiet.”

Michael caught glimpses of the news article. It said that Pluto had went quiet and a reconnaissance team had been sent to investigate.

“Great. What do you think it is?”

Chiron answered without looking up. “NASA claims some solar flares are blocking the signals, but I doubt it. We need Buzzy, he’ll be able to clear this up.”

Why hadn’t I thought of it before? Michael pondered as he darted to Athena cabin. The door was still ajar, and it was empty except for Buzzy, who had reassembled his toy. The rest of the campers were out doing activities.

“Hey Michael, I was just about to call you,” Buzzy said, barely looking up. He adjusted his spectacles before reaching out for his holopad. “Live updates from NASA, I hacked into their mainframe.”

“Woah, wait. Hold on. You can do this?”

Buzzy stared at Michael. “Dude, I’m a demigod.”

Michael chuckled. “Yeah, you sure are.” He scrolled to the bottom of the page as notifications appeared slowly.

NASA Personnel News Feed

0935 SIGNAL LOSS FROM PLUTO BASE, COMMUNICATIONS DOWN.
1015 RECON TEAM SENT TO PLUTO BASE.
1045 LOSS OF COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN EARTH AND RECON TEAM.
1133 LOSS OF COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN EARTH TRITON BASE.
1206 EXPLOSION SEEN ON PLUTO, NEAR PLUTO BASE.
1207 DISTRESS SIGNAL FROM PLUTO BASE.
1333 DISTRESS SIGNAL FROM TRITON BASE.
1458 LOSS OF COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN EARTH AND TITAN.

ANNOUNCEMENT: ALL PERSONNEL MUST BE ENGAGED, SOL IS UNDER ATTACK.

NOTICE:
72ND FLEET DEPLOYED FROM MARS. 73RD AND 74TH BEING DEPLOYED AS OF 1516.

<End of News Feed>

Michael stared at the holopad, re-reading its information. Joey was on Mars right now, and she said she wouldn’t be back until evening.

“We’ve got to show this to Chiron,” Michael said, taking the holopad with him. A shock ran through his body when he tried to break the link between the holopad and its owner, Buzzy.

“Damn those stupid links, when they implemented that three years ago, I thought it’d be good,” Michael said as he rubbed his hand.

“Yeah, sucks for you. Anyway, the data’s in your holopad already, just show that to Chiron.”

Michael ran over to Chiron at breakneck speed, and after a few deep breaths of air he showed the holopad to him, explaining as Chiron read through it.

He finished and immediately passed the holopad back to Michael. Coming out from his wheelchair disguise in a flash, he galloped in his centaur form toward the control room, where the Camp monitored everything.

“Any signs of problems?” he asked Claire, the head of training of the camp. She was the same age as Michael, and was one of his good friends.

“Nothing wrong so far, but they say they’ve lost contact with Ganymede base.”

Just then, a ding came from the holopad. A new line was added: 1548 LOSS OF COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN EARTH AND GANYMEDE BASE.

“Okay, we need to ready the outposts, the fight could come at any time,” Chiron said hastily, assessing the situation.

Claire spoke into a microphone. “All campers to their stations. Check in.”

About five minutes passed before the first check in came.

“Sydney base, checking in,” said a boy with an Australian accent.

“London base, checking in,” came another boy.

“San Francisco base, checking in,” came another.

This followed until the forty bases around Earth had all checked in. Claire looked up from the hologram and said, “We’re ready, Chiron. What’s our next move?”

Chiron looked at the news report that was flashing on the screen. It showed a female newscaster telling the public about an invasion heading toward Earth. Everyone had to be evacuated immediately.

Everyone except the demigods.

If the aliens managed to penetrate Mars, Earth would be vulnerable.

A beep came from the holopad. Gripping it tightly, Michael checked the update.

1559 LOSS OF COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN EARTH AND MARS.

The invasion had begun.
:O
HOLY CHEESE STUFFS :O

WELL
SHOOT.

POST SOON MEEF! EVEN THO U POSTED UN MINUTO AGO LOL XDD

POST SOON! :D

~universal~
Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.
We shall bug you aboutt 1D and HG until you post. o_o lol
OMG
THE ENDING WAS LIKE DRAMATIC. LOL
AWESOME CHAPTER!

POST SOON!!!
wink
^ other than those two, any comments? :D
^ jeez, thanks meef. o_O
no problem :D
^ meanie. -__- you should be lucky hollister is asleep right now. lol
NEW PAGE! MUHAHAHAHHA!!!

over a year ago Alvin2442 said…
MEEHHHHHHH its a great story
cake
^ THANK YOU, HAVE CAKE FOR BEING AWESOME
^ i see how it is. :3
lolll post soon meef! boss doesn;t forgive that easily. >;3
Chapter 3: The Beginning

A rumble rang outside the bunker, and a mortar shell could be heard in the distance. Michael fumbled hurriedly with his phone, and tried to get a signal. The screen showed two bars, and Michael heaved a sigh of relief. At least the radio tower had not gone down. Yet.

He quickly pressed call and a signal was established with Joey’s phone, which surprised him slightly. He thought that the aliens would sever communications, but it seemed they had overlooked it. It wouldn’t be long before they did so though.

The bunker shook once more as another bomb went off. People were running in all directions; a jumble of medics, soldiers, demigods and civilians. There were many dead and wounded, and the place reeked of death. They were underground somewhere, he couldn’t see the street properly as he got dragged down into the bunker by Claire.

The phone started ringing, and another bomb shook the bunker. Michael was sure it wasn’t going to hold very long, but they had to defend it for the sake of the many lives held within.

Joey picked up the phone, and Michael heard a yell of profanities before some gunshots fired loudly, and a few soldiers turned to look at him. He lowered the volume and whispered, “Joey?”

“Michael, I’m kind of busy here!” she said, firing a few more rounds before ducking behind the sandbags. She looked dishevelled, and her brown hair was messy, some clinging onto her face with sweat. Her visor blocked her eyes, but he knew they hid chocolate brown ones.

“Just wanted to check if you were okay,” Michael said.

“Yeah, we’re having a blast up here!” she said, and a spray of blood landed on her. She stuck out her tongue and rubbed it off.

“Soldier! You’re not supposed to be chit chatting!” her commander shouted at her.

“Yessir! Sorry, I’ve got to go!” she said to the screen, less than apologetic.

“Wait! What’s the situation like up there?” Michael asked.

“See for yourself,” she said, shoving the screen over the sandbags. The capital of Mars, Armstrong City was ablaze, and smoke billowed over the city, blocking out the sun’s rays. Lasers were being shot into the sky, a tangled mess of light that illuminated the battlefield. The majestic skyscrapers that once dominated Mars were now smoking piles of rubble, destroyed by deadly blasts from the orbital cannons of the aliens. They were on the outskirts of the city, and a dust storm blew in from the left.
A laser shot shattered Joey’s phone, and the transmission was severed abruptly. A “no transmission” image showed up, and Michael cursed as he got up. Claire signalled to him.

“You have to get the commander of the alien forces, get him and maybe the aliens will get confused enough for us to take them down,” she said, walking toward the exit. She loaded her weapon with one swift movement. Michael just took out his laser sniper. It was the only thing he was good at.

“What’s the situation?” he said as they left the bunker. The sounds of gunfire got louder, and Michael could see smoke through the flaps that blocked the entrance.

“You’ll see soon enough. It’s not good out there, Michael. At best we’re at a stalemate, but if reinforcements come in...” Claire sighed. “It won’t be good.”

“Can’t we send in reinforcements?” Michael inquired.

“All comms are down. We’re isolated from the rest of the states and the world.”

So the aliens had got smart enough to take down the towers.

“That reminds me, how did you get a signal to Joey anyway?”

“I’m not sure, there might be a functioning tower somewhere.”

She looked at him. “I don’t think we’ll find anything functioning by the end of the day.”

They walked out into the sunlight that had managed to filter through the clouds of smoke. They had come out of a subway station, sign poles twisted and laying on the ground. Telephone booths with their glass broken, advertisements all smoking with fire. Michael heard a loud boom before a building in the distance collapsed. The shock wave rippled throughout the city, and Michael felt the effects of it. He stumbled slightly, but got his balance back.

Flycars lay decimated on the streets, some exploding at random intervals, some all together, and some even caused by chain reactions. The soldiers were holding off the enemy from all sides, hiding behind sandbags that had been hastily laid down. Air support for both sides had gone down, and now it was a ground fight all the way.

Michael’s holopad dinged. He kneeled below the sandbags and quickly checked it. It was connected to the New York intranet, since the internet would be inaccessible. The latest update showed something horrifying.

A hundred thousand dead.

The fight had only started an hour ago.

And this was just the beginning.

COMMENTS PEOPLE!
O_O
HOLY CHEESE STUFFS
O_O well
shoot.
if a descendant of Percy is trying to save the galaxy..
were screwed.
lolz! good thing i live in this time period. XDDD
post soon meef! :D
OMGGGGGG
AWESOME CHAPTER! :D
POST SOON!!! :D
Do you people dislike sci fi or something
^ yes. lol XDDDD :3
HAAHAHAHAH
what kind of question is that? (O_O)
over a year ago fros4est said…
just finish reading all the chap and it was fantastic.post soon meef
Thanks frost :D
Chapter 4: New York

​ “Take cover!” Michael managed to yell before another explosive detonated. The blast shook the building. The lobby was a complete mess, dust settling everywhere as lasers pierced through the darkness.

​ Michael hid behind the lobby desk, avoiding the lasers that were aimed for his team. Two of them had already gone down, and they needed to regroup at the Empire State Building, which was where they were now.

​Another building fell outside, throwing up more dust and debris. The shockwave knocked Michael off his feet. He fumbled in his rags of a knapsack for his holopad. Tapping Claire's icon, he waited as the phone rang.

Another blast shook the building. Time passed and it continued to ring. Michael feared the worst, and wondered what could have brought her down.

Just as he gave up hope, Claire picked up, fluorescent lasers shooting through the darkness.

"This isn't a great time, Michael!" she shouted, firing a few shots.

"Where are you? I thought we were meeting at the ESB!"

"We got held up at the Times Square macs! ETA 5 minutes!"

The building creaked as his team returned fire.

"Claire, I don't think we have five minutes! The building is gonna collapse!"

She turned to the pad. "ARE YOU RETARDED? GET OUT OF THERE!"

Michael ended the transmission. "Everyone out! The building is going down!"

The pillars started cracking. 

"Out! OUT!" Michael yelled. His squad darted toward the back door. His holopad flashed alight and Claire's face appeared, distraught and slightly bruised.

"They're aiming a laser at the ESB! You've got to -" A crackle of static, then the holopad died.

"Damn," he breathed as he tried to escape.

There was a flash of light, a loud boom and then, nothing.
:o

POST SOON! THAT WAS AWESOME, AS USUAL :D
SHORT PREVIEW

“We have to get out of New York, now!” Michael heard a voice say.

“Why? We still have a chance, why don’t we stay and fight?” A girl’s voice shouted.

“Look, we’ve already lost three quarters of the city, everything’s down, smoking ruins everywhere, and they’re rounding up the civilians!” the other shouted back.

Michael got a glimpse of the girl. She had blonde hair, grey eyes, and was wearing a simple orange t-shirt.

“Woah,” he said, dazed. “You look a lot like my great grandmother when she was young.”

The girl turned toward Michael.

It was her great grandmother.

Then he passed out.
:o

WAIT, WHAT?!
O_O

POST SOON!!!