The Heroes of Olympus The Crystal Shard

Meef posted on Apr 02, 2012 at 03:31PM
Check out my sci-fi story :D
link

Rated: K+

Summary:

A crystal shard, hidden beneath the earth. A desperate chase, both parties try to give. Let me give you a hint: it's something bad.

Prologue:

The man put out his cigarette, looking at the moon. Clad in a white shirt and blue jeans, he looked nothing like a god. In fact, Hermes was supposed to be going on errands, helping the others do their work. Instead he decided to go to the beach, have a cigar, and maybe get rid of some of his grief.

He conjured the image of a giant hole that now conquered his dreams. Nightmares for the past week. Ever since that accident, he'd been traumatized. Unable to complete deliveries, everything turning into a big mess.

Still he could not get over the fact that the hole, the ancient hole had been found out, and in the process had taken his sons' lives.

This is the story of what lay hidden within the depths of that crevice.

The Crystal Shard.

last edited on Apr 04, 2012 at 03:30PM

The Heroes of Olympus 21 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Kaia143 said…
Oooooooooo meef. You have done it again. This story sounds soooon AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
And I cant wait until post. I hope its really soon!!
over a year ago horse22133454 said…
big smile
wow awesome post soon
over a year ago lcrs50 said…
laugh
This sounds really good.
Please, post soon.
over a year ago trivia101 said…
big smile
cool!
over a year ago Aphrodite100 said…
sounds good! post soon meef!
over a year ago SomeRandomFan said…
big smile
Sounds good!post soon!
over a year ago universalpowa said…
MEEF!

YOU MADE ANOTHER FORUM!?
AND DIDNT TELL MWAH!? :O

just dont abandon this like your sixty bajillion others ;D
post soon! :D
over a year ago Meef said…
Thanks everyone, I'll get one out ASAP :D
I

The boy hurried along, cursing his luck. What the heck had she gone on about? he thought as he passed by the street. Something about cheating on her because he was conversing with other girls? Pfft. She was over protective.

Thoughts continued to swirl in his mind as he passed Times Square. The place was abuzz with noise, cars honking and the chatter of crowds interrupting his train of thought.

He looked at the lights emitting from the buildings, advertising Coca Cola and other stuff. He looked at the centre and thought he saw what looked like a flash of his friend's face.

Seeing as he had nothing to do, he advanced, trying to get a better look. A crowd blocked his path, and he managed to squeeze through.

"Pay up! You've been holding us up for a week!" A burly, brown haired teenager said to a smaller one.

The boy realised with a shock that that was Travis Stoll, his fellow camper. His brother stood next to him, looking bored in the face of a giant.

"Well?" the man asked impatiently.

"Wally, you know we can't give it to you now," Travis explained exasperatedly.

"It's been three months. You said no longer than that."

Travis pushed him away. He shook his jacket. "Wait longer, then."

The guy named Wally aimed a punch at his head, but Travis grabbed his arm before he struck.

"Curse you, Stoll!"

He hit Travis with his free hand and ran off.

"You're not going anywhere!" Travis shouted. He took a step forward, and darkness engulfed the boy as the world became filled with flame and fire.

The boy barely got back to his girlfriend, Annabeth Chase, alive.

And yes, if you're wondering, he is Percy Jackson.

He isn't very well.

What did you guys think? Leave a comment below :D
last edited over a year ago
:O OMG
i have no clue whats going on... xD

post soon meeeefff! :D
big smile
OMG that was awesome post soon
over a year ago icuSTALKER said…
Awesome!!!:D another story by meef....:D yes!!!:D that was great, post soon!!!:D
over a year ago hollistergurl said…
:o

Meef, i swear, if you abandon this forum..
xP

AWESOME CHAPTER!!! POST SOON!!! :D
great chappie tho I have no idea whats happening...

POST SOON MEEF!!
II

3 days later

“So you’re saying that whatever is in that... hole or crevice or whatever can lead to the destruction of the human race?” Percy asked, scratching his head, looking at his notes.

“Yes, put crudely, it can lead to that. Or it can lead to technological advances that has never been seen before.”

“So why go through the trouble?” Grover asked. “Isn’t it better if the human race advances instead of remaining still for the next hundred years?”

Chiron walked toward the window, looking at the crevice. It was splendid. If you counted a giant hole in the middle of Times Square splendid.

“Because of the risks. The risks are too high for this to be ignored.”

“So you want us, Annabeth, Grover and me, to go into that crevice.”

“Yes.”

“In front of a large crowd.”

“Yes.”

“And extract some kind of crystal thing?”

“Yes.”

Percy looked at Grover. “You up for it?”

Grover shrugged. “Heck, I’ll do anything to get out of this damn apartment. Chiron, out of all the apartments in Manhattan, why did you get this one?”

“It was cheap. Also it offered a better view of the hole,” he said, pushing his wheelchair to the table. “You have got to get moving. Go wake Annabeth up, we have to get you in before the military send their own in there.”

“One last question. Is this thing related to the gods?”

Chiron looked at him over his spectacles. “It is strongly related to them. Doom will be imminent if they find this crystal.”

Grover looked at the crevice. “Uh, Chiron, Percy, you might want to see this.”

Percy came out of the room where Annabeth was sleeping, followed by a very sleepy Annabeth. “What’s going on?” he asked.

“Oh, this looks bad,” Chiron muttered.

“What’s wrong?”

“Remember how I said there would be very painful and deadly consequences if the mortals found the crystal?”

“Vaguely. What about it?”

Grover looked at Percy. “They found it.”

---

I promise you'll get it. Eventually.

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW ! :)
over a year ago hollistergurl said…
:o

I AM CONFUSED, BUT THAT WAS AN AWESOME CHAPTER! :D
the stupid mortals -.-

lol xP

POST SOON EVEN THOUGH YOU JUST POSTED! ;D
MEEFF
im with hollister,, I AM CONFUZZELEDDD

and if you abandon this forum like your bajillion others...
i swear, i will personally go hunt you down and yell in your ear to post :P
lol. of course, i wont 'cuz im too lazy to take a plane. XD LOL
but if you do abandon, me and hollister willl torture you with Twlight and 1D until you post again... o_o
so yeah. lol. be scared.

AND im SOO SCAREEEDD! HOLLISTER IS PLANNING REVENGE ON MEEE!!! DX

HELP ME! O_O

~universal~

UNI wants pie...NAO. ;D
awesome I love it post soon
its kinda making sense now...not much though...

post soon meef!
over a year ago icuSTALKER said…
^^^............................XD
POST SOON!!!!
Cuz as usual, that was EPICNESS :D are you in the war of the cliffhangers with Hollister an Liz too????
:OOO
Post soon!!!! That was awesome!!:D I am so confused just like Liz and Hollister but post soon!!!:D
over a year ago lcrs50 said…
laugh
Post soon!!!!!!!!