The Heroes of Olympus FanFic: The Heroes of Olympus & The Kane Chronicles Crossover

ohwoaaah posted on Jun 24, 2012 at 07:54AM
Hey guys! Okay here's continuation of the preview. I changed the title of chapter one and decided to make it the title for chapter 2. So, uh, read on and tell me what 'ya guys think, okay?

1. SADIE: Dora Just Got Real

Hey – okay, wait a second…[taps on microphone] Hey Carter! Is this thing working? What – of course I’m asking you! You’re the nerd here! [silence] Oh, ah, I see the tiny red light. Never mind, it’s working!

Okay, let me start that introduction in a better way. Ahem. Long time no see, mates! Sadie Kane is back, and here. You might be wondering, ‘Okay, what’s happened now that we will need the gorgeous, memorable, and heroic Sadie Kane to take care of it?’ Well none of us are still sure about what exactly is going on, but...remember Carter and I’s last recording – where we defeated the big bad snake of chaos and I left off with Walt and I’s supposedly “last” waltz and I mentioned something about Amos sending me to check what kind of strange activity is going on in Long Island? Thing is, I went to check on it with Walt. And let’s get on to the story, shall we?

-

"Carter!" I saw my brother sitting on the couch, watching TV beside his girlfriend Zia. He was slowly trying to put an arm around her, but I guess he was too chicken. I felt bad for the poor boy's fail flirting. "Yeah?" He jerked his arm back and turned to me. "Amos wants me to check on some strange activity going on in Long Island." I said, approaching them behind the couch. "Uh, sure. Are you going with someone?" Carter asked, running a hand through his nappy brown hair. "Yep. Me." Walt suddenly entered the room, looking as hot as ever…okay I'm going off track aren't I? "Good. Sure. You guys have fun." Zia smiled back at us, then she turned to Carter. "So are you going to put your arm around me or not?" She asked him, raising an eyebrow. My brother's ears turned pink. "Eh…" He trailed off. I rolled my eyes. "Well, Walt and I will proceed on our mission now. Cheers to you two." I said, taking Walt's hand and pulling him outside. 

"Think we could go on, I don't know, a date after?" Walt grinned as soon as we were outside. "Is that Anubis or my Walt?" I smiled at him teasingly as I pulled my wand out to make a portal. "Hey, I can score even without Anubis too, could I?" Walt raised an eyebrow. I just laughed and kissed his cheek.

-

"Hillwood Museum, Long Island." Walt said, as the portal disappeared behind us. We happened to land in the garden, and before a ten-foot statue of the god of knowledge, Thoth. The clouds in the sky seemed to be swirling, and they seemed to turn gray by the second. I felt…unwanted. Walt must have felt the same, because he took my hand and gave me a worried look. Something at the back of my mind was telling me to just open a portal and go back to Brooklyn, but because the ignorant and curious part of me was bigger, I decided to ignore the feelings and go on with it.

Walt and I got a cab just right at the bottom of the steps. "Half-Blood Hill, Farm Road 3.141
Long Island, New York 11954." I told the driver. I mentioned the whole address Uncle Amos had given me, just to be sure. "You sure little missy? There ain't anything there." The driver looked at us incredulously. But I knew better. It must have been protected with heavy magic. "Yes, please." I replied, leaning on the backseat. "Please? Did you just say. 'please'?" Walt chuckled. "Oh shut up before I turn you into a weasel." I rolled my eyes.

What the driver said was true. It was deserted alright. The driver sped off behind us without another word.

"Hm. Odd." I said, as scanned out surroundings. Strawberry fields and a hill. But there was a strange atmosphere within this area that I couldn't quite figure out. "Walt, maybe we should -" I turned to him. He was staring past me and to the strawberry fields, wide-eyed and open-mouthed. I followed his gaze. "What in the name of Egypt." I said. On the strawberry fields was a - a half-guy, half-donkey, galloping around with a flute around the fields. He appeared to have company, with a petite girl dressed in green. They seemed like a happy couple…if you'll accept what you see. "We gotta tell that girl she's in danger. That might be one of the exploding donkeys for all we know!" Walt exclaimed. "No…look." I said. The half-donkey danced around the girl with its flute, and the strange part was - instead of blushing red, the girl turned green. "Sadie, where are we?" Walt already sounded a bit worried. "They seem harmless alright." I said, walking ahead at the path. Then I stopped walking when he didn't follow. "Don't tell me you're chicken." I said with a grin. Walt grinned back. "Nah. Maybe just some magic we haven't encountered?" Probably. But the place felt foreign in a really strange way. "Last one's a farting camel!" Walt ran and shoved me lightly aside. "You cheat!" I protested with a laugh, praying that I was just imagining the winged-horses in the sky after playing too much of 'Dora's Pegasus Adventure Game' with the ankle-biters back in Brooklyn.

So there it is. Erm...chapter one...yeah....
:D

The Heroes of Olympus 144 replies

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...