The Heroes of Olympus DEBATE

SamValdezLuv posted on Jun 29, 2013 at 05:58PM
Well, my character hate forum is pretty much becoming a debate forum, but I thought I could make an actual debate dorum for those of you who erm, uh, have a a lot to say *coughspikecough* enjoy.

The Heroes of Olympus 56 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 56

over a year ago corrected said…
well this forum is empty...
over a year ago Spikegilfer1997 said…
Indeed.
over a year ago SamValdezLuv said…
that's because all the debaiting is happening on the character hate for him. I kinda knew this would happen hahaha
Always does, people are lazy.
over a year ago annabeth818 said…
meh
I just wanna put it out there that I am new to the forum is most of this just fanfics because I wanna debate and by the way spike you debate a lot... like on every topic

It's fun. Some people like getting in fist fights, I prefer a match of wits. Unfortunately some people get offended when I don't take their side when they argue against me, apparently it is rude and makes my points invalid.
smile
oh... that's fun. I like getting in debates I saw the one where you guys started talking about piper that was erm umm ...interesting
The old page has more people following.
big smile
yeah I wanted to talk to you guys about your thoughts on annabeth. I started a poll that asked who would win in a fight; her, katniss, and Hermione. Discuss.
If Annabeth knew Hermione's arsenal of spells I could possibly get behind her but as it stands Hermione wins.
over a year ago narnialabyrinth said…
Katniss could take em all out with her bow and arrows. Straight through the eye, every time
Magic attacks, faster. Magic defense, faster. Magic mobility, faster.
big smile
so no one is on annabeth's side
She's got stuff up her sleeves too She can negotiate with Hermione and she also has the hat and her brains
I forgot about that. Did she have the hat when she fell? But yeah, Annabeth is best when she knows what she's dealing with, magic is an enigmatic factor.
cool
If I were in her situation I would hang back at first and then try to see what I was dealing with but that's just what I would do. I know that the magic is a big factor, but I feel like Hermione doesn't have great skills on the strategic side of the fight. I mean she gets by better than most but not like annabeth or even katniss. If somehow Annabeth got the wand that makes it that much harder on Hermione.
Hermione's certainly not stupid. If she recognizes Annabeth's intellect then she'll go guns a'blazin' the moment the fight starts. If that fails to take out the opponent then she'd also hang back.
monkey
I am not saying that she is stupid. She is just not as talented at strategic planning as annabeth is. In Hermione's defense, Annabeth is the daughter of the goddess of freaking battle strategy. Annabeth could steal the wand while Hermione was sleeping (duh! using the invisibility cap) and slip away before Hermione could realize what had happened.
narnialabyrinth commented…
I'm still betting on Katniss. Seriously guys, the skills she has. She'd be able to find a way to take down both of them. over a year ago
annabeth818 commented…
I don't know. against the magic and serious godly skills i dont think she would have a chance over a year ago
Okay, first things first. When and where would this fight take place?
mischievous
uhh the woods. I guess. Everyone has two weapons that they can have. I don't think that the when really matters.
Well I was curious as to why they'd be sleeping.
over a year ago ALN07 said…
its not empty no more
True enough.
Well I was thinking it was kind of a Hunger Games sort of deal minus the Capitol of course.
What's stopping Hermione from just going berserk and taking both out in the beginning.
narnialabyrinth commented…
Katniss's epic mess I guess... over a year ago
big smile
all annabeth has to do is jump out of the way and put on the cap. Then later she just takes the wand like I said earlier. Katniss is most likely out of the way by now
What is stopping Hermione from say conjuring a dust storm, the dirt would outline Annabeth even if she was invisible? What is stopping Hermione from just creating a barrier if she needs to sleep?
well and how about this they all start in the arena in different spots like they cant see each other when it starts. Yes I know I keep adding on stuff as I go along but that's ok
thats a good point about the barrier i didnt think of that. But still even when they are awake, pop on the cap sneak up behind her and boom problem solved. maybe then she has a chance to negotiate after that. If Hermione doesn't agree just threaten to snap the wand.
She's invisible but she isn't silent.
yeah but I think that if she heard her then didn't see anything she would think it was paranoia and not investigate it much. I know I would do that
You're right about one thing. You are kind of just editing this to give Annabeth a chance.
hey it my story
Hax.
HAX I SAY!!
cool
tell you what since we both have good points and the odds are pretty much equal how about we start a new topic ok
HAX AND CONTRIVED REASONING!!
Yeah, sure. Next.
over a year ago _Ares2002_ said…
well this was certainly interesting
I'm told I'm that.
what do you want to talk about now. Taking suggestions
The powers. Why do they not train them?
cool
I guess they don't have much time and would u really want to read about every little part if they're day. I mean the training sessions could be exciting, but you can only put so many little moments in a book
Then why not simply do it "Off-screen"?
explain
During the parts that are written down, like most of the summer after the quest.
Hermoine would deffinatley win
Indeed.
Katniss is cleaver, but would never ever have a chance against annabeth or especially hermoine. Hermoine could set fire to the place and boom, done. She wouldn't even get a scratch
Basically as a result of Rick handling magic sloppily and giving it to like five people.
Annabeth should have mind controll powers, that would be so fucking cool!!!!!!!! I mean she's already bossy
No. Piper's bad enough.