The Heroes of Olympus The Son of Neptune

SonOfApollo97 posted on Dec 30, 2010 at 12:48PM
Hi, I enjoy the PJO and HOO series and this is my first fanfiction and I know this sucks and please tell me if it does so I will stop writing. Critism is ok but don't be cruel. Thanks =D

Disclaimer: I don't the PJO series or HOO and I don't own any of the characters too. All the rights go the Rick Riordan

The Heroes of Olympus 21 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago SonOfApollo97 said…
Heroes of Olympus
The Son of Neptune
Chapter 1
Percy
Roman Camp
Who am I?
Woah. Where am I? My head hurt, my feet were sore and I didn’t even know was I was. I opened my eyes and in front of me, I saw a boy and a girl. I was in a steam in front of a forest and many buildings surrounding it. However the stream seemed to make me feel stronger and I gasped as my wounds and bruises disappeared. The girl was tall and slim, with a bow and in hand and had shoulder length brown hair. Wow. She resembled someone I’ve seen so much. The boy was burly with ripped muscles. Both of them were wearing purple shirts and jeans. They blabbered in some weird language. Finally , they looked at me and said ,” Why have to trespassed into the Roman Camp Demigod and who are you? “ “ What’s that? And I can’t remember anything expect my name is Percy.”
“Ok… We have to test your skills to see if you are worthy of joining this camp.” The girl flashy a dazzling smile and said ,”Now come, show me how skilled you are! I am the daughter of Mercury, Reyna.” She flashed a spear and without warning she charged at me and shouted. She used the spear and jabbed me in the stomach. But it just bounced off me and it didn’t hurt a bit. “ What on earth? Who is your godly parent?” “Erm…. I don’t know… I just feel good in the water. I took out something like a pen from my pocket. And uncapped it, a sword appeared. Riptide. That name just came to me. I was wearing an orange T-shirt with the words Camp Half-Blood on it. The girl, not being happy charged at me with anger in her eyes. My instinct took over me as I stepsided and stabbed and in the blink of an eye she was on the ground. “Okay, Is Mercury like Hermes, the god who steals stuff?” She said “ No one says greek names loser, this is the roman camp and here we just train and train. You need to see Lupa. Come with me.” The boy said ,” Don’t mind her, she just lost her boyfriend Jason. By the way, I’m Bobby and I’m the son of Mars. “
I feel hopeless. I don’t know who I am and where I am. I followed the two people to the clearing of the forest. There, I saw many teenagers fighting, training and having fun. I was brought to a hut which read infirmary. “ Here eat this. It is Ambrosia, a god’s food. It will cure you. But be warned. Eating to much will burn you up.” “Ok…” I ate it and instantly, I felt better. Then I passed out. I had a weird dream. I was drowning and someone called out ,” Come out of the water Seaweed Brain.” The voice sounded so familiar. I wanted to listen to it all day. But sadly, I couldn’t. Someone was shaking me vigorously.
“Ok ok. I’m up. What?”
“I have awaited you for a very long time demigod. I am Lupa, a she-wolf. I have trained demigods so many years.”
“What’s a demigod? “
“You are part mortal, part god. As Reyna has told me, the water from the stream cured your wounds. This shows you are the Son of Neptune. It is strange. We have never had a child of the Big Three ever since Jason. You are to train here then I shall give you a quest, along with three others.”
“You mean Poseidon?”
“Ah. As I expected. I will read out the Great Prophecy to you.”
Four demigods shall sail the winds,
To fight the giant deep within,
And two camps shall unite,
Lead by two leaders born to fight.
“ I do not know the full meaning of it. But when time comes, we will understand the meaning of it. I know that your memories has been wiped. Our leader, Jason too, disappeared from this camp. It may have a link in the Prophecy. Follow the Prophecy and you will learn about yourself and probably go back to your Camp Half-Blood. Now, Dakota, give Percy a tour of our camp. ”
I looked around to see a blond girl about my age, wearing the same purple coloured shirt and jeans and sneakers. Her eyes were like a storm and something told me not to mess with her. She asked me to follow her as we walked out of the hut and into the camp.
As we walked past the basketball court, the armory, the camp store, the lava covered walls, she explained to me all about the camp. “Capture the Flag’s tonight, and you’re supposed to..” “Yes.. I know the rules already.” Somehow I suddenly remembered how to play this game. Maybe I played it back at Camp Half-Blood.
“So, do you remember anything at all?”
“Nope, only a blonde girl called Annabeth who calls me “Seaweed brain”.”
“Oh, is she your girlfriend?”
“I think so..I really don’t know.”
“Oh. Okay. These are the cabins for the twelve gods. And that one is…”
“Poseidon.”
“You mean Neptune. By the way, I’m Dakota, daughter of Minerva. Dinners at 6pm meet us there at the assembly. After that we have capture the fag. Hopefully no one dies..?”
“So when did you know you were a demigod?”
“I started camp at 9. My father died in an accident and I was an orphan. I ran away and found this camp. But I don’t want to talk about it. Anyway, be at the mess ball by 6pm.”
And with that, she ran off, muttering ,”I wonder if he will be able to survive the test later…”
over a year ago RomanGreekDemi said…
is mess ball supposed to be mess hall?
over a year ago Poseidon3 said…
smile
Don't feel so down on yourself that was good!
sad
sorry, that must have sounded real discouraging.
tongue
really, some people say that reyna's a child of minerva, some say mars, others still say ceres, and mercury. But, hey, your the only one i know of who said that she's the child of mercury. good job for being unique (although i really think that she should have a fixed parent...)
over a year ago babbytreegrowth said…
cool
it's pretty awesome. don't worry I mis spell all the time
over a year ago partypony said…
big smile
that was awesome! love the prophecy. its making me really curious!
cant wait for the nex one!.
over a year ago tessa34567 said…
smile
cool!!!!!!!!
over a year ago PJhero02 said…
laugh
amazing chapter!!! can't wait until you post again!
hey, I decided to continue anyway. I don't know if its good. But anyway,

@RomanGreekDemi yup. I made mistakes sometimes. I was rushing. sorry about that.

Chapter 2
Percy
Roman Camp
I failed the test.
Why do I have a bad feeling about Capture the Flag? I feel that I don’t belong here. All the people are just so serious. I want to go home. But I can’t remember where home is. I looked around the Neptune cabin. It was quite bare, with four beds and it had the ocean smell. Many designs were on the ceiling and there was a fountain in the middle of the cabin with blue-painted ceilings. Apparently, someone had left some stuff for me. Inside were the purple, jeans and some toiletries. I looked at the clock beside the bed. 5.55. Better get going to the mess hall.
Suddenly, a horn blew in the distance. Oh, man. I’m gonna be an embarrassment again. I lined up in the commons yard. We walked to the hill, where the pavilion was. It was decorated very well and there were satyrs and naiads there too. There were twelve tables and Lupa was sitting in front of all of us. Everyone raised their glasses and said ,”To the gods!” So I followed them. The whole camp so silent, like nobody dared to talk. I guess Lupa was so fierce that no one dared to even make a noise. Then, Naiads and Satyrs came forward with all the food you can imagine: Cakes, Steaks, Fruits, Ham, Turkey, Bread. Many campers were talking to their glasses to have drinks. So I said ,”Sprite”. Then looking at the delicious food, I ate a big lump of steak. Everyone stared. What? Did I do something wrong? Was I drooling? Then someone said,” Idiot! Burn your food to the gods first as offerings” And another said,” 16 years old and he still hasn’t learned his table manners?” Everyone started laughing their heads off. “BE QUIET!” Lupa shouted. Immediately, the pavilion was silent. Embarrassed. Again. My whole face was red. I wanted to hide myself under the table and never come out. Then, one by one, everyone started to get up and go to the centre of the pavilion where the fire was. They started to throw some food into the fire as “Offerings”. Weird. All immortal, powerful gods like burnt food as offerings? I got up and threw a portion of my half-eaten steak into the fire. And the smell was so awesome! I couldn’t believe it. But wait, if the gods smelt the food, won’t it make them hungrier? Gods have many funny habits. I said in my mind,” Poseidon, please help me get my memory back.” Then once we finished our meals, Lupa stood up and said ,”Heroes, it is time for Capture the Flag.” No one said anything. Looks like they were real serious about this. Campers looked on as Bobby and two of his cabinmates ran into the pavilion carrying a red banner. It was huge with a spear and a boar’s head. Then, from the other side, Dakota and friends carried grey, with a picture of a owl over an olive tree.
I yelled to her,” Hey! Which side am I supposed to be on?”
“One person doesn’t really make a difference so I guess you can be on my team.”
That felt degrading. Oh man, I was so warmed up to show them what I’m made of.
“We’ve made an alliance with Vulcan, Bacchus, Ceres and Venus.”
“The other team has made an alliance with Apollo and Mercury.”
Ok. I knew we were screwed. The two biggest cabins, Mercury and Apollo? And a bunch of kids who looked they were deprived of violence.
“Heroes! The rules are as always. The stream is the boundary line. The whole forest is where the game will take place. Magic items are allowed and the banner must be prominently displayed, and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound. Killing and maiming is allowed. So be careful. I don’t want four fatalities like the last time. I will be referee and medic. Prepare yourselves!” Suddenly there was armour and weapons everywhere. Wait, killing? That’s illegal but I decided no to say anything. I wore a helmet and a shield. Riptide was all I needed. My helmet was blue in colour while the other team was red.
Dakota yelled,” Forward!” Everyone armed and ready followed our leader to the forest. The other team jeered and charged to the north. I managed to catch up with her.
“Erm. What is my job?”
“Guard Duty. Stand by the flag and defend the flag. We’re going to win. Don’t mess up.”
With that, she left me. Great. Guard Duty. Why is my luck so bad. Defend again. Missing out on all the fun again. I felt like a retard. Why do I always end up with the boring stuff that nobody wanted. Far away, I heard people yelling and screaming and slashing. While I had been scared about the killing part, I didn’t sign up for slack duty. Far away, I saw a girl charging towards me. Finally! A chance to prove myself.
She said ,”I am Hazel, daughter of Mars. Come, we shall fight.”
She charged. Oh yeah. She was using a spear as her weapon. She trusted. But I backed away, and using my shield I slammed it in her face. Then I used the hilt of my sword to jabbed her. She fell quickly. And said,” I have lost. Kill me then.”
What? She was taking this game too seriously. I mean I beat her, couldn’t we just like shake hands and drink a cup of coffee and forget about it. I couldn’t just kill her. This is wrong. But she said ,”Those who are being defeated must accept the lose and die. This is our tradition.” She had me in a spot. Finally, I said,” Alright, you win. Take the flag. I can’t just kill you.”
Suddenly, all the screams stop. And all the campers and Lupa emerged.
,“Child. You have failed the test. It is obvious that killing was not allowed. I was just testing you to see if you had the courage to sacrifice your friends to complete the mission. You have failed. But unfortunately, you have to go on a quest and sail to Greece to defeat the giants. The ship has already been prepared. Jason was better. But since his disappearance, we have no choice but to let you lead. I assume that you are the leader from the greek camp. Since the Prophecy says that the leaders must unite, I have no choice.”
Everyone stared at me. They slowly, one by one they left. I was all alone. What kind of camp is this? They set me up to kill someone and said I failed when I couldn’t do it? This sucks. But I had no choice. I had to lead this quest.
over a year ago PJhero02 said…
smile
nice! it would've been awesome to see percy use his water power though...just a suggestion!
over a year ago tessa34567 said…
smile
it's good
over a year ago partypony said…
yeah its awesome. i like the fact that he failed. i dont have anything against percy, but yeah, its nice to see him fail at least once. a perfect hero is boring. an imperfect one is full of surprises.
haha thanks guys(: though i'm stilling thinking aboout the third chapter. might not post so soon.
aww man. my homework is so much that i cant find time to write a new chapter
cant believe i hasnt wrote for 12 days. i cant use the computer and i have so much homeowrk >< still cant be writing for a while
over a year ago Poseidon3 said…
Ikr. Homework sucks!!
over a year ago blakerose12 said…
laugh
Postpost!!!
over a year ago underwater said…
sad
post! come on dont stop now
over a year ago gymnast12 said…
Do you make up these chapters?
over a year ago rjain2000 said…
big smile