The Heroes of Olympus Annabeth's POV of The Lightning Thief

AnnabethC posted on Mar 10, 2011 at 10:03PM
Title: Annabeth's POV of the Lightning Thief

Rating: YC or C. Its following the plotline of TLT. (Well, duh.) The only reason it would be C is for battles and such///

Type: Adventure?

Characters: Perch Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Grover Underwood, Hades, Ares, Poseidon, Zeus, Chiron, I think you get it...

Synopsis: Just The Lightning Thief seen through Annabeth's eyes. :)

Disclaimer: All of the characters, plotline, quotes, etc. are not mine, they are Rick Riordan's!

A/N: Right now I don't have a set day for posting, but I DO have a life off of the internet. I don't mind a little spam, but please keep it to a minimum. :)
last edited on Jun 19, 2011 at 06:25PM

The Heroes of Olympus 50 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago AnnabethC said…
tongue
I'll post later tonight or tomorrow:) (hopefully)
over a year ago POJO45 said…
big smile
Can't wait!
over a year ago percyrulz said…
cant wait post aldready
how do u make a forum on this thing?
Thanks! Above all the topics theres a little button that says add forum. :)
hey thanks i made my forum
please read and comment
Hey guys! So, I'm posting the prologue today! Thanks for the comments an keep em coming!!!

Prologue

I ran through the trees. It had to be here somewhere!!! I stopped for a second, catching my breath. Luke was cunning, yes, but not clever. It was too quiet near here for a normal capture the flag. The only sound was my own heavy breathing. The flag had to be near here! I’d fail my team if we didn’t win.

I heard a twig snap behind me. I spun around, and saw no one. Was it just a monster? My imagination? No, I knew there was something, but as hard as I looked I saw…the flag! It was right there! I sprinted towards it, and my hand was just inches away when I spun around, catching a long sword’s blade on the small blade of my dagger.

“Fancy seeing you here Luke,” I smiled, pretending like I’d known this was coming all along. Honestly? I thought he’d be on offense.

“I’m sorry I can’t say the same,” he smirked. He twisted his blade free, going for my shoulder, but I caught it once again.

“Apology accepted,” I said casually, parrying the move. It went on like that for what seemed like forever. I had to beat him. I always lost!

And then he did a weird little parry, and I stumbled, finding his sword at my throat. I quickly ran through all of the options in my head and decided on the one most likely to work on him. Slowly I raised my hands, pretending like I was about to drop my dagger. And I did. And then I ran.

I grabbed the flag. I was vaguely aware that I was defenseless, and had the camp’s best fighter on my tail. But I was fast. 30 yards till the creek, 20, 10, and then I was there. My team was around my cheering, while Luke’s was sulking. I had finally beat him. Ha ha.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

We were all walking back from the woods, I was joking around with my cabin-mates. Luke came up behind me.

“You cheated,” he informed me.

“How?” I asked, rolling my eyes.

“I haven’t figured that out yet,” he replied. “Forget something?” he asked handing me my dagger.

“Ευχαριστώ. Πάω να κολλήσει πίσω και αναρωτιούνται Malcolm κάτι.”

“See ya,” he said, walking ahead. And then I saw it, far in the distance, near the Big House. It was Grover. He was supporting someone else, and was nearing the Big House. I began to run over. I reached Grover at the same time as Chiron. I looked at the half-conscious boy Grover was supporting. He had black hair, and green eyes. Looking at him, I knew. I looked at Chiron.

“He’s the one. He must be.”

“Silence, Annabeth. He’s still conscious. Bring him inside,” Chiron said. And then the boy passed out.

----------------------------------

Comment! :) The pic is the closest I could find of Annabeth at 12.
last edited over a year ago
Hey guys! So, I'm posting the prologue today! Thanks for the comments an keep em coming!!!

[b] Prolo
Loved it!
Thanks! I'll try to post more this weekend but I have soccer so I dunno:)
Dedicated to POJO45 for commenting:)

Chapter 01

I hovered nervously behind Grover and Chiron as the brought him into a bed in the Big House. Why didn’t they see it? He had to be the one!
“Annabeth, tend to him until he wakes,” Chiron said/
“Um, why? I asked stunned. Why did I have to?
“Do as I say, Annabeth.” Chiron was like a second father to me, but that doesn’t mean I get treated any different. I had to use every ounce of self control I possessed not to roll my eyes. I went to the storeroom to look for some ambrosia, and then returned to the room, finding Chiron and Grover had deserted it.
I pulled up a chair next to the bed and attempted to feed him ambrosia. After many hours of attempting this, he came into semi consciousness. I couldn’t help it.
“What will happen at the summer solstice?” I asked.
“What?” he mumbled. I glanced around, looking for Argus.
“What’s going on? What was stolen? We’ve only got a few weeks!” I tried (and apparently failed) to explain.
“I’m sorry. I don’t…” Someone knocked on the door, so I did the natural thing. I shoved more ambrosia in his mouth. Annnnnnnnd….he was out. I turned in my chair.
“Come in!” I called. It was Luke. He grinned.
“Shouldn’t you be a little quieter?” he asked, glancing at the boy. I shrugged. “Chiron says you can leave, now, and that he’ll send Grover.” I jumped up and followed Luke out of the door. I briefly wondered why he wasn’t embarrassed to be seen with a twelve year old girl.
“Gotta go teach a sword fighting class,” he said, heading in the other direction.
“Adios!” I called. He grinned.
“Wrong language…Αντίο!” he corrected. I ignored him.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-­x-x­-x-­x-x­-x-­x-x­-x-­x-

The next day, I went to go see Chiron. He was playing pinochle with Mr. D. I leaned on the rail, waiting for Mr. D to get bored so I could talk to Chiron. I turned to see Grover come up with the boy. I turned back around.
“…Annabeth Chase…just a camper…been here longer…just about anyone else.” Grover murmured to the boy. I smirked.
“Mr. Brunner!” the boy cried. What…? Chiron turned.
“Ah, good, Percy.” So, that was his name. “Now we have four for pinochle.” I rolled my eyes as he offered Percy a seat.
“Oh, I suppose I must say it,” said Mr. D, “Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There. Now, don’t expect me to be glad to see you.” My thoughts exactly!
“Uh, thanks,” Percy said, scooting little farther from Mr. D. I snorted, but no one noticed.
“Annabeth?” Chiron/Mr. Brunner called. I came forward. He introduced me.
“This young lady nursed you back to health, Percy. Annabeth, my dear, why don’t you go and check on Percy’s bunk? We’ll be putting him in Cabin 11 for now.”
“Sure Chiron,” I replied. Looking at Percy, I realized that even if he were standing up I’d still be looking down to him. And then I realized he was staring at me. I raised an eyebrow, and glanced at what appeared to be a minotaur in his hands. Well, everyone said he beat the minotaur.
“You drool when you sleep,” I informed him. And then I sprinted off, I obviously wasn’t wanted at this meeting.
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-

Comment!!!! Pic is called "You Drool When You sleep" by burdge bug on devian art
Dedicated to POJO45 for commenting:)

[b] Chapter 01 [/b]

I hovered nervously behind Grover and Chi
Loved it! Keep postingg!
Come on, guys, comment! (I need constructive criticism too!!!)
Chapter 2
I stopped at the Hermes cabin and knocked on the door. One of Luke’s siblings answered.
“Tell Luke that there’s a new camper,” I explained, “And he needs a bunk.”
“But there’s no room!” he protested.
“Then make room,” I replied swiftly, walking away. I took out my book and plopped down on the lawn to wait. Soon enough, Chiron appeared with Percy. I cocked my head and looked at him. I was beginning to doubt he was the one, THE demigod, as he was squinting at the title of my book, and had a hilarious look on his face.
“Annabeth,” Chiron said, “I have masters’ archery class at noon. Would you take Percy from here?” he asked.
“Yes, sir,” I answered respectfully.
“Cabin Eleven,” Chiron told Percy, “Make yourself at home.” Ha. Good luck, Percy.
I led the way to the door and pushed it open. All of the campers bowed to Chiron.
“Well, then. Good luck Percy. I’ll se you at dinner.” Chiron said as he galloped away.
“Well,” I prompted, “Go on.” And then he tripped coming through the door. Oh my gods, he was such a klutz. I took a deep breath.
“Percy Jackson, meet Cabin Eleven,” I announced.
“Regular or undetermined?” Joshua asked.
I tried not smile as I responded. “Undetermined.” Everyone groaned. Luke stepped forward from the front of the crowd.
“Now, now, campers. That’s what we’re here for. Welcome Percy. You can have that spot on the floor, right over there.” I fidgeted.
“This is Luke,” I explained, “He’s your counselor for now.”
“For now?” Percy asked, totally confused
“You’re undetermined,” Luke explained slowly, “They don’t know what cabin to put you in, so you’re here. Cabin eleven takes all newcomers, all visitors. Naturally, we would. Hermes, our patron is the god of travelers.” By looking at his face, it seemed to slowly dawn on Percy that Hermes was also the god of thieves.
“How long will I be here?” he asked.
“Good Question. Until you’re claimed.”
“How long will that take?” Everyone busted out laughing.
“Come on,” I rolled my eyes, “I’ll show you the volleyball court.
“I’ve already seen it,” he said blankly.
“Come on,” I said. Wow, he didn’t even realize he needed help when the entirety of Cabin Eleven was laughing at him. I grabbed his wrist and dragged him out.
Once we were a few feet away from the cabin, I turned around.
“Jackson, you have to do better than that.”
“What?” I rolled my eyes and mumbled,
“I can’t believe I thought you were the one.” He got angry.
“What’s your problem? All I know is, I kill some bull guy-“
“Don’t talk like that!” I exclaimed, “You know how many kids at this camp wish they’d had your chance?”
“To get killed?” Well, someone thought he was King Sarcasm.
“To fight the minotaur! What do you think we train for?” I asked. He began to back down.
“Look, if the thing I fought really was the minotaur, the same one as in the stories…”
“Yes,” I said.
“Then there’s only one.”
“Yes.” Where was he going with this?
“And he died, like, a gajillion years ago, right? Thesus killed him in the labyrinth. Sooo…”
“Monsters don’t die, Percy,” I explained, “They can be killed. But they don’t die.” Ouch. That sounded confusing, even to me.
“Oh, thanks. That clears it up.”
“Thay don’t have sould, like you and me. You can dispel them for a while, maybe even for a whole lifetime if you’re lucky. But they are primal forces. Chiron calls them archetypes. Eventually, they re-form.”
“You mean if I killed one, accidentally, with a sword—“
“The Fur…I mean your math teacher. That’s right. She’s still out there. You just made her very, very mad.” I said.
“How did you know about Mrs. Dodds?” he asked.
I had to suppress a laugh. “You talk in your sleep.” He ignored me.
“You almost called her something. A Fury? They’re Hades’ torturers, right?”

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
I dont have any more time, but I hope you like it! COMMENT!
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-
Hermes cabin???
Come on, guys, comment! (I need constructive criticism too!!!)
[b] Chapter 2 [/b]
I stopped at the He
over a year ago RomanGreekDemi said…
cool
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink
Just a reminder: I need constructive criticism! I'm glad u guys like it, but I need some constructive criticism too!
okay i'll try!
big smile
constructive critism
type fast post fast
@percyrulz- I DO try to post as often as possible, but I play club soccer, have tons of homework, a paper to write, and just lots to do! I'm really g;ad you like it so much, though!
@EVERYONE- COMMENT! CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!

Chapter 3
----------------------------------------

I got a little nervous. “You shouldn’t call them by name, even here. We call them the Kindly Ones, if we have to speak of them at all.”
“Look, is there anything we can say without it thundering?” he whined. I had a sudden urge to say no. “Why do I have to stay in Cabin 11 anyway?” he continued, “Why is everybody so crowded together? There are plenty of empty bunks right over there.” He pointed towards Cabins 1, 2, and 3.
“You don’t just choose a cabin Percy,” I explained, “It depends on who your parents are. Or…your parent.” Please understand, I thought.
“My mom is Sally Jackson,” he said. Oh boy. “She works at a candy store in Grand Central Station. At least, she used to.”
“I’m sorry about your mom, Percy. But that’s not what I mean. I’m talking about your other parent. Your dad.”
“He’s dead. I never knew him.” I sighed.
“Your father’s not dead, Percy.”
“How can you say that? Do you know him?” He was getting excited.
“No, of course not.”
“Then how can you say-“
“Because I know you. You wouldn’t be here if you weren’t one of us.” He still didn’t get it?
“You don’t know anything about me.”
“No? I asked skeptically, “I bet you moved around a lot from school to school. I bet you got kicked out of a lot of them.”
“How—“
“Diagnosed with dyslexia. Probably ADHD, too.” He looked embarrassed.
“What does that have to do with anything?” he asked.
I carefully explained to him about the ADHD and dyslexia.
“You sound like…you went through the same thing?” he asked. No, actually.I was seven when I ran away. First grade, I thought. I went with the safe answer.
“ Most of the kids here did. If you weren’t like us, you couldn’t have survived the minotaur, much less the ambrosia and nectar. He asked a cou[ple more questions. And then I heard it. Clarisse.
“Well! A newbie!
“Clarisse,” I sighed, :Why don’t you go polish your spear or something?”
“Sure, Miss Princess. So I can run you through wit hit Friday night.” Whatever.
“Erre es korakas!” I spat indignantly.
“We’ll pulverize you. Who’s this little runt?” I sighed.
“Percy Jackson, meet Clarisse, daughter of Ares.
“Like…the war god?” he asked.
“You got a problem with that?” Clarisse sneered.
“No. It explains the bad smell.” Better...better…
“We got an initiation ceremony for newbies, Prissy.”
“Percy.”
“Whatever. Come on, I’ll show you,” she said, faking cheerfulness.
“Clarisse-“ I started.
“Stay out of it, wise girl.” I bit my lip. I didn’t want Percy to get hurt, but It would just end up worse for him if I butted in. He handed me the minotaur horn, looking like he was about to throw up. And then Clarisse dragged him to the bathroom.
Suddenly, water was flying everywhere- it looked like the bathroom had blown up. Percy was sitting on the only dry spot. I ran over.
“How did you…” I started.
“I don’t know.” And I could tell he wasn’t lying.
“Clarisse came over, covered in what I hoped was mud.
“You are dead, new boy. You are totally dead.” And then it hit me. If Clarisse hated him so much…
“What? What are you thinking?” he asked me.
“I’m thinking…that I want you on my team for capture the flag.”
----------------------------------
COMMENT!!!!
EDIT: No matter how much I type on word, my chapters always seem short!!!
over a year ago _wolfie_ said…
smile
awesome!!!
Brilliant!! can't wait for more
hey its really good i really am no critic and
u know what yesterday i was re reading the lightening theif ur idea caught me so much i was reading less and convesting the book to that from annabeths pov u rock
PS do u play soccer really i love soccer too though i dont play well
PS do u mind spam
Hey, so I'm hoping this is a longer chapter! I tihnk it is-2 and a half pages on word. :/
@percyrulz-Yep, I play club soccer---how did ya guess? ;) And as for the spam, read the authors note at the top.

Chapter 4
--------------------
Even though I was soaked, I decided to show Percy around a little more; the metal shop, the arts and crafts room, and the climbing wall. Finally the tour was over.
“I’ve got training to do,” I said flatly, “Dinner’s at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall.
“Annabeth, I’m sorry about the toilets.” Clarisse could use someone to tell her what to do, I thought. Instead, I said,
“Whatever.”
“It wasn’t my fault.” What happened to sorry? I thought about the water shooting out of the toilets. Poseidon…no! I’d kept it out of my mind till now, and I didn’t plan on letting that thought in.
“You need to talk to the oracle,” I said.
“Who?”
“Not who. What. The oracle. I’ll ask Chiron.” I saw he was distracted, waving at a naiad.
“Don’t encourage them. Naiads are terrible flirts.” Did I just say that?
“Naiads,” he repeated faintly, “That’s it. I want to go home now.” I felt bad for him.
“Don’t you get it Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us.”
“You mean, mentally disturbed kids?”
“I mean not human. Not totally human, anyway. Half-human.
“Half-human and half-what?” He still hadn’t figured it out?
“I think you know,” I responded coolly.
“God,” he said, “Half-god.” I nodded, feeling a bit sad all of the sudden.
“Your dad isn’t dead Percy. He’s one of the Olympians.”
“That’s…crazy.” I almost laughed.
“Is it? What’s the most common thing gods did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you think they’ve changed their habits in the last few millennia?”
“But those are just—“ Myths? Hardly, I thought. He continued, “But if all the kids here are half-gods-“
“Demigods,” I corrected, “That’s the official term. Or half-bloods.”
“Then who’s you dad?” Shut up. Just be quiet.
“My dad is a professor at West Point,” I answered carefully, “I haven’t seen him since I was very small. He teaches American History.”
“He’s human,” Percy said, obviously confused.
“What? You assumed it has to be a male god who finds a human female attractive? How sexist is that?” I asked indignantly.
“Who’s your mom then?”
“Cabin six.”
“Meaning?”
I smiled proudly. “Athena. Goddess of Wisdom and battle.”
“And my dad?” he asked. I was really starting to think he was a bit slow.
“Undetermined. Like I told you before. Nobody knows.”
“Except my mother. She knew.”
“Maybe not, Percy,” I said slowly, “Gods don’t always reveal their identities.”
“My dad would have. He loved her.” I decided not to give him any more bad news today.
“Maybe you’re right. Maybe he’ll send a sign. That’s the only way to know for sure; your father has to send you a sign claiming you as his son. Sometimes it happens.”
“You mean sometimes it doesn’t?” he asked innocently. I sighed.
“The gods are busy. They have a lot of kids and they don’t always…Well sometimes they don’t care about us Percy,” I admitted, “They ignore us.”
“So I’m stuck here. That’s it? For the rest of my life?”
“It depends. Some campers only stay the summer. If you’re a child of Aphrodite or Demeter, you’re probably not a real powerful force. The monsters might ignore you, so you can get by with a few months of summer training and live in the mortal world the rest of the year. But for some of us, its too dangerous to leave. We’re year-rounders. In the mortal world, we attract monsters. They sense us. They come to challenge us. Most of the time they’ll ignore us until we’re old enough to cause trouble-about ten or eleven years old, but after that, most demigods either make their way here, or they get killed off. A few manage to survive in the outside world and become famous. Believe me, if I old you the names, you’d know them. Some don’t even realize they’re demigods. But very, very few are like that.” I finished.
“So monsters can't get in here?” Percy asked, glancing around. I shook my head.
“Not unless they’re intentionally stocked in the woods, or specially summoned by someone on the inside.” We talked for a little while longer about the monsters and then Percy asked,
“So… you’re a year-rounder?” All I could do was nod. I pulled out my camp necklace.
“I’ve been here since I was seven. Every August, on the last day of summer session, you get a bead for surviving another year,” I smiled, “I’ve been here longer than most of the counselors, and they’re all in college.” OK, it sounded a little braggy. So what?
“Why did you come so young?” I bit my lip.
“None of your business.”
“Oh.” He looked uncomfortable. “So…I could just walk out of here right now if I wanted to?”
“It would be suicide, but you could, with Mr. D’s or Chiron’s permission until the end of the summer solstice unless…”
“Unless? You were granted a quest. Don’t say it Annabeth, don’t say-
“You were granted a quest. But that hardly ever happens. The last time…”
“Back in the sick room,” he bagn, “When you were feeding me that stuff—“
“Ambrosia,” I interrupted.
“Yeah. You asked me something about the summer solstice.” What?!
“So you do know something?”
“Well, no,” he explained, “Back at my old school, I overheard Grover and Chiron talking about it. Grover mentioned the summer solstice. He said something like we didn’t have much time, because of the deadline. What did that mean?” I clenched my fists. Deep breath, Annabeth. Just admit it.
“I wish I knew. Chiron and the satyrs, they know, but they wont tell me. Something is wrong in Olympus, something pretty major. Last time I was there everything seemed so normal.”
“You’ve been to Olympus?” I just explained that to you, and you ask if I’ve been to Olympus?
“Some of us year-rounders—Luke and Clarisse and I and a few others--- we took a field trip during winter solstice. That’s when the gods have their big annual council.”
“But... how did you get there?”
“The Long-Island Railroad, of course,” I explained, “You get off at Penn Station. Empire State building, special elevator to the six hundredth floor.” He looked totally confused. “You are a New Yorker, right?”
“Oh, sure,” he said coolly. I nodded and continued.
“Right after we visited, the weather got weird, as if the gods had started fighting. A couple of times since, I’ve heard satyrs talking. The best I can figure out, something important was stolen. And if it isn’t returned by the summer solstice, there’s going to be trouble. When you came, I was hoping…I mean---Athena can get along with just about anybody, except for Ares. And of course she’s got the rivalry with Poseidon. But, I mean, aside from that, I thought we could work together. I thought you might know something.”
He shook his head, frustrating me. “I’ve got to get a quest,” I said to myself, “I’m not too young. If they would just tell me the problem…” I could do something about it! Percy’s stomach growled, and it distracted me.
“You go on,” I said. As he walked away, I began to trace my capture the flag plan on the rail.
-----------------------------------------­-
COMMENT!!!!!!!!!
Hey, so I'm hoping this is a longer chapter! I tihnk it is-2 and a half pages on word. :/
@percyrulz-
i got to know that u play bcz u said soo (check chapter 3)
the spam urghh sorry its ............ umm nothing
Chapter 5 PREVIEW!!! (not the whole chapter)

Hopefully I'll post the rest later today or tomorrow.
-----------------------------------------­---­---­-

Finally, it was time for capture the flag. Malcolm, Sara, and I ran into the pavilion carrying our flag-a silky, grey banner with a barn owl above an olive tree. Clarisse and some of her friend did the same with a red banner that had a bloody spear and a boar’s head on it.
I’d told Luke about the plan. Hopefully, he was over there making Percy feel all important like I’d told him to. I’d make an alliance with Apollo and a temporary alliance with Hermes, the two largest cabins.
“Heroes!” Chiron announced, “You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!”
I took out my dagger, put on my helmet, and prepared to take off my helmet, put on my hat, and turn invisible.
“Blue team, foreword!” I yelled. The red team yelled taunts at us as they jogged off.
Percy jogged up to me. “Hey.” I kept walking.
“So what’s the plan? Got any magic items you can loan me?” he asked. Did he know?! My hand drifted towards my pocket, and I exhaled. My hat was still there. I sighed.
“Just watch Clarisse’s spear. You don’t want that think touching you. Otherwise, don’t worry. We’ll take the banner from Ares. Has Luke given you your job?” I asked hopefully.
“Border patrol, whatever that means.”
“It’s easy,” I explained, “Stand by the creek, keep the reds away.Leave the rest to me. Athena always has a plan.” Even if you hate it.
@percyrulz-Haha, I did, didn't I??? And what about spam?
@EVERYONE!!!- COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!

My very first songfic...should I make a forum with different songs and different POVs?

link

OK, so I found out about this site, the fanfiction awards. Check it out and nominate your favorite author/book/...well, just read the top post! There are awards for things such as:
best writer
best fan fiction (over all)
best writer for cliff hangers
best fan fiction title
best fan of fan fiction

Oh, just read the post and nominate someone! Just read the rules first:)

link

Hopefully this is another longer chapter.

CHapter 5

Finally, it was time for capture the flag. Malcolm, Sara, and I ran into the pavilion carrying our flag-a silky, grey banner with a barn owl above an olive tree. Clarisse and some of her friend did the same with a red banner that had a bloody spear and a boar’s head on it.
I’d told Luke about the plan. Hopefully, he was over there making Percy feel all important like I’d told him to. I’d make an alliance with Apollo and a temporary alliance with Hermes, the two largest cabins.
“Heroes!” Chiron announced, “You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!”
I took out my dagger, put on my helmet, and prepared to take off my helmet, put on my hat, and turn invisible.
“Blue team, foreword!” I yelled. The red team yelled taunts at us as they jogged off.
Percy jogged up to me. “Hey.” I kept walking.
“So what’s the plan? Got any magic items you can loan me?” he asked. Did he know?! My hand drifted towards my pocket, and I exhaled. My hat was still there. I sighed.
“Just watch Clarisse’s spear. You don’t want that think touching you. Otherwise, don’t worry. We’ll take the banner from Ares. Has Luke given you your job?” I asked hopefully.
“Border patrol, whatever that means.”
“It’s easy,” I explained, “Stand by the creek, keep the reds away. Leave the rest to me. Athena always has a plan.” Even if you hate it. I pushed away, leaving him behind. I walked up to Luke.
“Remember, you get the flag, I’ll distract them,” I told him.
“I know, Annabeth. You’ve told me 24 times.”
“And I bet it still isn’t enough,” I said, walking to my posisition. I heard the conch horn blow in the distance, and took off. The truth was, I hadn’t told Luke the whole plan. He’d probably feel to sorry for Percy to do what I told him.
I ran, straight to where I know the flag was, and just as I suspected, Clarisse wasn’t anywhere to be seen. I made eye-contact with Luke, who was in a bush across from me. I put my hat on. I ran in front of the guards, confusing them and sending them chasing after something they weren’t even sure was there. I eventually lost them.
Still invisible, I sprinted back to get Percy out of trouble, and was amazed at how wrong I was. I got there just in time to see Percy fall into the creek. I stepped forward, but Percy surprised me. Long story short, he beat Clarisse and her friends up.
“Ah!” Clarisse screamed, “You idiot! You corpse-breath worm!” Percy smacked her with the butt of his sword and sent her flying, about the same time Luke ran across the boundary with the flag.
“A trick! It was a trick!” Clarisse shouted.
I snuck up behind Percy. “Not bad, hero. Where the heck did you learn to fight like that?” The look on his face was priceless, so I took of my cap. He just looked at me.
“You set me up,” he said, “You put me here because you knew Clarisse would come after me, while you sent Luke around the flank. You had it all figured out.”
I shrugged. Maybe he wasn’t all that dim-witted as I thought. “’I told you. Athena always has a plan.”
“A plan to get me pulverized.”
“I came as fast as I could. I was about to jump in but…you didn’t need help.” I shrugged. I noticed a nasty cut on his arm.
“How did you do that?”
“Sword cut. What do you think?” he asked icily.
“No,” I said slowly, “It was a sword cut. Look at it.” The cut…it was disappearing. It…wasn’t right.
“I-I don’t get it,” Percy stuttered. I but my lip. It couldn’t be. Could it?
“Step out of the water Percy.”
“What?”
“Just do it,” I snapped. He came out of the creek, nearlky falling down, but I steadied him.
“Oh Styx,” I murmured, ”This is not good. I didn’t want…I assumed it would be Zeus…” And then I heard it. A low growl. The laughter died down into uneasy silence. I drew my sword.
“Stand ready! My bow!” Chiron shouted in ancient greek. A hellhound sat on the rocks, staring at Percy.
“Percy, run!” I yelled at him. The huge dog leaped over me as I tried tyo step in front of Percy. The thing pounced on Percy, ripping up his armor. Just in time, Chiron killed the thing. Percy looked bad, though.
“Di immortals!” I exclaimed, “That’s a hellhound from the fields on punishment. They don’t…they’re not supposed to…” I let my sentence fade out.
“Someone summoned it. Someone inside the camp,” Chiron said grimly. Luke came over, looking grim.
“It’s Percy’s fault,” yelled Clarisse, “Percy summoned it!”
“Be quiet child,” Chiron requested.
“You’re wounded,” I said, thinking fast, “Quick, Percy, get in the water.”
“I’m okay.”
“No you’re not. Chiron, watch this,” I said. He stepped into the creek, and instantly the cuts and bruises began to heal. I bit my lip.
“Look. I—I don’t know why. I’m sorry…” Percy faltered. And then I saw it. Above his head. It was all I could do to hold down my dinner.
“Percy,” I whispered, “Um…”
It was a light green trident.
“You’re father,” I murmured, “This is really not good.”
“It is determined,” Chiron announced. Every single camper kneeled, including me.
“My father?” Percy asked. I took back my earlier thoughts. He really was dim-witted.
“Poseidon. Earth-shaker, Storm-bringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God.”
cool
cool awesome chapter
over a year ago percysmile said…
big smile
Awesome
post soon
I'll try!
plz plz plz post
ps do u know RR is considering to rewrite the pjo series by annabeths pov
big smile
Mmmm... I dont believe That:) where did you hear it though?
rainy
imn the quiz

olz write
over a year ago rapunzeleah123 said…
About the constructive criticism, you are one of the best fanfic writers I've seen. There are a few little things you could work on though; like making sure that you follow the story and also checking to make sure you have end "s because I've seen thoe left off a couple of times. The story is really great so far though!
over a year ago swimmer-grl said…
awsome :)
Should I continue this? :/ It's kinda spam which is wy I stopped posting...
over a year ago athena305 said…
No, you should continue! It's really good.
over a year ago percyfan568 said…
it is a amazing fanfic i the only reason i found this was because i was looking for something to read while waiting for the other six fanfics i am reading ( yes they are all about percy jackson )but now i am hooked on it so now i am reading seven and writing one speaking of that can you check out mine here is the link link oh and how exactly is your story spam
It's Spam because it's PJTO on the HoO spot.
over a year ago cro0010 said…
heart
Still you've started posting here so I think you should keep posting. It's very good. I love it!
over a year ago princessofmagic said…
Please please please keep posting!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago MaximumRide12 said…
You should keep posting!
over a year ago i_luv_percy said…
smile
Plz post thIs is really goood I hoPe u don't quit plz
over a year ago puggyluv17 said…
Cool
over a year ago theorder said…
Omg this is awesome!! Keep posting
over a year ago PJFF said…
big smile
Keep posting, awesomeness!
over a year ago luvseaweedbrain said…
heart
pleeeease keep posting? its not spam if every one loves it!!! this is an AMAZING fanfic and you cant stop now!! please keeep goingg :)
over a year ago pjlover212051 said…
POST SOON PLZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!
over a year ago Unimportance said…
hey keep posting! this is really good!
over a year ago universalpowa said…
big smile
is this abandoned? if not becuz its been like 2 months so but if not keep posting!!! :)
over a year ago darkrai6543 said…
smile
hey, just cause its not related to the heroes of olympus doesnt mean its spam, spam is something unrelated to the froum itself not the club.
over a year ago demigods4ever said…
POST SOON!!!
over a year ago fusshi123 said…
meh
eh... this writer has no interest anymore :/