The Heroes of Olympus Son of Neptune (my version)

poseidonftw posted on May 18, 2011 at 05:23PM
Title:Son of Neptune
Rating:T
Type:adventure, romance(dunno about romance), humor and more.
Characters: The gods, the romans, Bianca di Angelo, Daedalus, the greeks and SEAWEED BRAIN.

The Heroes of Olympus 38 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago dezzypoo said…
big smile
sounds good can't wait post soon plzzzzzz
over a year ago athena305 said…
What dezzypoo said. By the way, what's up with your Jason, Leo, and Piper read PJO? You haven't posted in a while? Have you quit it?
over a year ago green-art-ac-pj said…
Can't wait also!!
over a year ago poseidonftw said…
big smile
This fanfic was written before The son of Neptune sample chapters came out

Prologue

The queen of the titans hummed softly to the sleeping black haired teen. She wore a simple white dress with a golden tiara on her head. Her curly coal black hair fell down her shoulders in waves. Her feet were clad in simple sandals and she had a golden bracelet on her right hand.
Perseus’ head was resting in her lap and she just couldn’t resist the urge to stroke his hair. It reminded her of her husband’s hair, that is before he was sliced to pieces with his own scythe by his own son. The similarities between Perseus and Kronos were so much that she was able to see him (Kronos) in the demigod. And the Kronos that she was seeing wasn’t the one that was hell-bent on destroying Olympus, no she was seeing the titan that she fell in love with. She was seeing the brother that had waged war on their father just because of the possibility that they (the titans) might not please him (Ouranos) and that he would throw them into Tartarus just as he had done with the Cyclopes and the hundred-handed ones. She remembered the day he had returned victorious. His golden armor covered in dirt and grime, his black hair matted with sweat and ichor, their father’s scythe in his hands and the unnatural way his golden eyes pulsed with power. She remembered the naïve brother that had been tricked by their mother, but he was long gone, replaced with one that was cruel and merciless. And yet here she was watching the sleeping form of a simple mortal boy that reminded her of him so much. Both of them were fearless leaders, both of them had black hair, both of them were nearly unbeatable in battle and she could see much more similarities between the titan lord and her grandson. After all she was Poseidon’s mother and he was Perseus’ father.
‘Or should I call him Neptune now’ Rhea wondered, but she was pulled out of her inner debate when the boy stirred in his sleep.
His eyebrows were scrunched as if he could sense what was going to happen to him, and she couldn’t deny it but he really was cute when he was worried. He mumbled something that she didn’t understand in his sleep.
‘Do not worry young hero. You are safe now. Nothing will happen to you’ she said but her voice wavered at the last sentence. It was a lie after all. A lot was going to happen to him. First they were going to wipe all of his memory,then they were going to plop him in the middle of a school trip to the Niagara Falls, where they were going to bend the mist and create fake memories about him and then he was going to go to The City where hopefully he was going to become the leader, emperor to demigods to be precise. Of course for him to achieve that he would have to defeat Lupa, the immortal she wolf in a fight in the arena.
‘Hm hm’ someone cleared their throat. Rhea looked up and her brown eyes were met two empty sockets in which burned fires as if nuclear missiles were exploding. The war god towered above her with his 6’6 height. He was clad in golden roman armor. It was polished so it shined in the light of the small room that they were in, even so Rhea noticed the fact that the armor looked beat up, as if the god had used it in every battle. A blood red cape fell past his shoulders. It was 7 feet long so it trailed a good 4 inches behind the god. The shoulder guards of the armor were made to look like a lion’s head and a golden helmet with a blood red plume was tucked under the god’s arm. An 8 feet tall spear was strapped to the god’s back and a roman gladius hung at his side. The 20 inch long and 2 inch wide blade was made of imperial gold and it’s sheath and handle were wrapped in blood red leather.
‘Mars’ she nodded her head politely at the roman god of war.
‘Ops’ he said as he took his spear and stabbed it in the ground. Then leaned his shield on the spear and put his helmet on the ground besides his spear and shield.
‘Please call me Rhea. I am in a greek mood today’
‘Whatever’ Mars said ‘So, why exactly did you wanted to see me?’ he asked her.
The titaness took something from the back pocket of the sleeping demigod and gave it to Mars. The god twirled the caped pen in his fingers for a while.
‘So, this is the sword that gave my greek self so many problems’ he said as he uncapped it. A 3 foot long sword made of celestial bronze appeared in his hands. It’s handle was wrapped in black leather and the polished metal glowed faintly in the light of the room.
Anaklusmos’ Rhea said
‘Riptide’ the god translated ‘I’m assuming that you didn’t invite me here so that I could translate the name of the sword’
‘You’re assumption is correct. I need you expertise. There is something wrong with the boy’s weapon but I can’t find what it is’
‘Ah, so that is the reason. Wait just a moment’ the god said as he held the sword horizontally and touched the tip of the blade with the index finger on his left hand. The flames that served as the god’s eyes became more chaotic and the blade was bathed in bright red light.
‘Well?’ Rhea asked as the light subdued. Mars’ expression was grim.
‘The sword’s been cursed’ he said.
‘Cursed?’ Rhea asked.
Mars nodded as he touched the flat of the blade with his left hand. Immediately red energy began to wrap around the sword like oil on water. When he removed his hand, she could see what the god was talking about. Miniature cracks covered the blade of the sword. They were etched in it like a thousand lightning bolts. Long and thin some reached from side to side while others had connected and combined creating intricate designs.
‘Who could’ve done such a thing?’ she asked.
‘You seriously don’t know?’ he asked raising an eyebrow.
‘Kronos’
‘My guess is that he cursed the blade in the final battle. But I can’t find the reason behind his actions. He hated Jackson and would’ve liked to kill him. And now he has cursed the blade thus giving the opportunity to a lot of other creatures.’
‘The reason is simple. In fact now the puzzle is completed.’
‘Completed?’ the war god asked.
‘Unlike your greek equivalent you actually have a brain. Use it. Why did Prometheus sided with the titans? And the letter he sent after the war. Trying to minimize the damage. Why would the titan of forethought side with the loosing side? History likes to repeat itself. What happened after the First Titan War?’
‘The Gigantomachy’ the god answered ‘So you’re telling me that Prometheus sided with Kronos because he knew that the titans were going to lose.’
‘Exactly. He really was trying to minimize the damage. If the titans had won the war last summer, then Gaea wouldn’t be trying to destroy the gods.’
‘Out of the frying pan and into the fire’ the god muttered trough clenched teeth.
‘That was a bad pun considering that the battlefield will be the burning lands in Greece’
‘Phelgra’
‘Exactly’
‘So what now? Juno is captured by Terra and is being used as a battery to charge Porphyrion, and in the same time is trying to bring our greek and roman children together and let’s not forget the fact that Jupiter has closed Olympus. The future isn’t exactly bright’
‘I had no idea that you could be so smart’ Rhea said.
‘Well duh, of course I’m smart. I am Mars the Roman god of war. Unlike Ares I actually have a plan before charging into battle.’
‘You are right of course. Rome achieved so much because of the fact that they had a battle plan’
‘So, what is it?’ He asked her.
‘Juno believes that a simple exchange of leaders will be enough to bring the camps together.
‘Exchange. Whoa, she’s actually gonna bring Jackson to The City and Grace to Camp Half-Blood?’
‘Indeed’
‘Well I’ll be damned. Even Zeus won’t be able to stop Poseidon when he learns’
‘That does not matter now, You know what Lupa does with the new demigods. And with a greek… Well let’s just say that it won’t be pretty.’
‘It won’t. For the monsters that is. You don’t really expect that some monsters will be able to stop the Hero of Olympus now do you?’
‘Under normal circumstances I would not. But these aren’t normal. She’ll test Perseus the moment he steps into The City. And for him to pass the test he needs a weapon. A real weapon, not a cursed one.’
‘So that’s the main reason you wanted me here. Jeez, woman you wasted my time in explanations and questions and the thing you wanted is a sword.’
‘Can you give the boy a sword, or do I have to call Vulcan here’
‘Hold your horses. If it’s a blade you want you’ve come to the right place. The god of war at your services’
‘That’s it. You’re going to give him a sword that easy? You won’t complain or anything of the sort?’ she asked him.
‘Course I’m going to give him a blade. The kid made my greek self look like a fool and defeated of helped defeat four titans. If he doesn’t deserve a blade who else? And if Jupiter gives me the my-son-slew-the-trojan-sea-monster-and-the­-ti­tan­-kr­ios­-an­d-t­opp­led­-th­e-b­lac­k-t­hro­ne argument I’m gonna shove it up his immortal arse.’
Rhea watched with amusement as Mars snapped his fingers and immediately a catalogue appeared in his hands and about a dozen or so at his feet.

‘These ones are going to do the job’ the war god announced.
‘These ones?’ Rhea asked him. He ignored her question and snapped his fingers. Before the two immortals stood two swords. Each one was a gladius but that was about it for the similarities. One of them was like the war god’s gladius. Made of imperial gold with it’s sheath and handle wrapped in red leather. The other one looked like a roman version of Riptide. It was shorter than the greek xiphos but it’s sheath and handle were wrapped in black leather. Rhea had to admit that the weapons were beautiful.
‘Two swords. Won’t they take up to much space?’ she asked the war god. He just smiled and flipped them. Midspin, the swords shrank back into a coin that landed in the god’s palm.(Ha, take that Jason. Percy gets 2 new swords while you have only one.). Rhea noticed that the coin was like her husband’s scythe. Made of two fused metals. Imperial gold and celestial bronze.
‘Should I give them to the kid now or should I put them on the wall of the arena from where he’ll be able to take them?’ Mars asked as he pointed to Perseus.
‘Put them on the wall. It’ll be better for him to find them and claim them as his own than for the romans to find the swords before the test even begins. It will raise fewer questions.’
‘By the way, I was wondering, the kid’s gonna need a name. I mean if we let him go to The City with the name of Perseus Jackson those know-it-all’s also known as Minerva’s children are going to make the connection between the fight on the beach that happened four and a half years ago and him’
‘Don’t worry the name’s already been chosen.’
‘Really?’
‘Mhm. Mars I would like you to meet Scipio Regulus son of Neptune, champion of Mars and soon to be praetor of the first legion and emperor to demigods.’ Rhea said.
‘Scipio Regulus huh? I like the way it sounds.

Finally got the time to post it.
over a year ago OsnapitzJJ said…
Scipio? Isn't that from a book I read somewhere? It was good I liked it.
big smile
this waz really good!! Better thanmine!! Ruptures cursed!!! Riptide!! Really good post soon!! It's too good!!
over a year ago PersesJr said…
smile
I THINK THE NAME IS FROM HARRY POTTER,EPIC CHAPPIES THOUGH PLZ POST SOON
over a year ago Huntress100 said…
cool
It was good post soon ( :
AER U POSTING OR NOT
POST PLZ
over a year ago MaximumRide12 said…
That was amazing!
crying
I'll be out of town for a few dyas which means no new chapters. I'll try to post a new one when i ger back which means around the 5th or 6th of July and please don't go crazy with the post spam. I wont be able to update sooner that the 5th or 6th.
OH OK WE UNDERSTAND
crying
PLZ POST SOON AM DIEING DUDE
over a year ago ahotsummerday12 said…
smile
Awsomeeeeee!
over a year ago 131newbee313 said…
big smile
Whoa, that was really awesome!
smile
I'm back. Expect the next chapter either tomorrow or on the 7th and no spam please.
last edited over a year ago
Welcome back! I'm looking forward to the new chappie!
big smile
Yes!! Yeah ur back!!!
big smile
ITS GOOD YOUR BACK DUDE
big smile
POST SOON MAN PLZ AM DIEING HERE
over a year ago ahotsummerday12 said…
Super bomb story! Can't wait for a chapter
mischievous
wen u posting
smile
PLZ POST SOON DUDE I WANT TO READ THE REST
smile
POST ALREADY MAN
^
What he said!
PLZ POST SOON
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
cool
That was so freakin awesome
angry
COME ON MAN POST ITS BEEN A WEEK AND SOME DAYS DUDE U SAID U WAS GOING TO POST YESTERDAY AND THE DAY BEFORE BUT U DIDNT.DID YOU STOP POSTING THIS STORY OF SONS
Guys, maybe something came up and he can't post. Or maybe he hasn't written the next chapter yet. Our stuff like that. So telling him to post repeatedly is just spamming and he asked us not to.
over a year ago precious211 said…
heart
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG JJJJJJJJJJJJJJUST FOOOOOOOOOUD THIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD MY SIIIIII LUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­VVV­V THISSSSSSSSSSSS
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITER
OOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFICALLY FAV FANFIC NEXT TO NEWBEE AND CALYPSOO
WHEN U POSTING CAUSE THIS IS AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))
big smile
Are you ever going to post
over a year ago OsnapitzJJ said…
Idk. But I really want him too.
over a year ago Percy2 said…
angry
I agree u realy need to post
over a year ago GreekRULES515 said…
laugh
WOW that was really good though I feel like you kinda copied Jason's story in a way... you coin sword and trip to Niagara Falls (school trip) kinda like Grand Canyon though its really GOOD can't wait till you post
over a year ago percy359 said…
angry
POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST
over a year ago percy359 said…
angry
POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ChildOfNeptune said…
last post--
TWO MONTHS AGO!!