The Heroes of Olympus Percy and His Grounder

rapunzeleah123 posted on Jun 05, 2011 at 11:22PM
Hey guys! This is a fanfic I'm doing on Percabeth.

All characters (except a few OC's) are all Rick Riordan's, nobody else's. Not even mine. XD

So enjoy!

(P.S. Alex, you're still my editor XD)

Please, please, PLEASE comment!!! :D
last edited on Jun 06, 2011 at 02:27AM

The Heroes of Olympus 126 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 126

over a year ago rapunzeleah123 said…
Percy And His Grounder

Percy

Oh gods. Now what have I gotten myself into?

Look, I have a girlfriend.

And her name happens to be Annabeth Chase.

So what? So WHAT? Yeah, she's beautiful, and smart, and amazingly awesome.

And yeah, I'm gonna propose to her.

A couple of months ago, I admitted it to her that I loved her. And she told me she loved me too.

But the weird thing is, I was sixteen when we started dating. A week after my sixteenth birthday, I got a lifeguarding job. (Not hard, by the way.)

I exchanged the dollars for drachmas and bought a wedding ring for Annabeth on layaway two days after.

I know, I'm a total idiot. "Like that's a smart plan, Percy," you're probably telling me. "Sixteen!?"

"A wedding when you're eighteen, Percy?" You're probably asking me.
Well, we're eighteen, ADHD, and demigods. We can't wait too long.
Hey, do you think there's a lifetime 72-year guarantee for demigods? Of course not. We aren't made to order, people.

So here is the story. Enjoy, if you can sit through a story about two demigods and their really weird proposal and events after.

It wasn't HUGE. In fact, it was small.
But the reason I had been secretly working my gods-forsaken butt off for three years to pay for the ring?
Well, I asked Hephaestus to set aside a payment plan for a wedding ring. He agreed with a, "Don't let her hold you down, boy," and a lot of steely glares.

After I had earned the cash, I gave him a drawing of what I wanted it to look like. He worked on it for three weeks, and charged me extra. Luckily, my father payed for the amount that I couldn't cover.
The ring is made of Celestial bronze and silver. On the surface, there's a little green-gemmed trident overlapping a little gray-gemmed owl. Rotating the ring, there's an engraving in Ancient Greek on the side. It reads, "Forever yours, wise girl" with a small green-and-gray heart.
So, yeah.

I looked at the ring. It perfectly symbolized who we were together.

A team. That's what we always would be.

Because I loved my wise girl with all of my washed-up, seaweed-covered heart.

______

There was the first chapter! (If you guys don't like it, just tell me and I'll stop. It does involve Heroes of Olympus, though, so it's not spam on this spot)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Perseus54321 said…
good
smile
over a year ago green-art-ac-pj said…
big smile
Not good, not horrible, but awesome, spectacular, I luv it, keep it up
smile
Thanks ^_^ I'll post again tomorrow :)
It won't be long, because I have another fanfic that I have to post on then, too.
over a year ago percyposeiedon3 said…
smile
Awesomeeeee !!!! love it sooooo much ..pls post post post post !!!
over a year ago maiden4ever said…
big smile
OMG! that's soooooooooooo sweet! :) :) this fanfiction you have is gonna be a sucsess! :)
^ Thank you both soooooo much!!! I'm gonna post the next chapter later today sometime :)
I got the idea for the ring from Percabeth!!, did you notice? XD
heart
Ya obviously ! Lol post soon !
over a year ago AnnabethC said…
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
over a year ago AmazingPercy said…
smile
I like it :)
big smile
I'll be able to actually post in a couple hours :)
It probably won't be long, sorry :)
over a year ago Starlight1o1 said…
Yeah I noticed. I was like why does that ring sound familiar and then I thought of Percabeth!! Anyways it was a really good start. You always know what to write to make your writing actually sound like the charictor. Not a lot of people can do that.
over a year ago afailname said…
wink
Wow.. ^ shes right you have like a gift... Keep it up ill be looking forward to reading more ;)
kiss
You guys...

You are the awesome ones! I wouldn't keep writing if it weren't for you! :D
over a year ago sweetieme3 said…
really cute. I like it
big smile
I'm gonna be posting in an hour!!! :)
over a year ago precious211 said…
hey this is really good!!!!!!!and hah percy proposing to annabeth,cracks me up, i bet with his luck he'll fall down or something, that would be hilarious to read.
PAHG (Percy and His Grounder)

Annabeth

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. School was finally over for the weekend, and I was prepared to head back to camp for some extra training.

Not for me, of course. I was teaching a special "tutoring" (sword fighting, archery, you name it) class, you might call it. It's reserved for demigods ages 11-13, since that's generally when monsters started tracking you.

But that wasn't what I was looking forward to specifically. My car, an '06 Chevy, had a busted up engine that was being repaired, and Percy was driving the half-hour drive (in Paul's Prius) to camp with me.

So that's what I couldn't wait for.

I quickly scampered down the stairs and out the door, accidentally dropping my unzipped backpack--and all of its contents--onto the floor.

"Di immortales!" I cursed. I started picking the papers and books up, when someone else offered me my graded English test.

"Need a hand?" Percy grinned and hugged me.

I completely forgot about the papers. "You're early!" I threw my arms around his neck. "You said 4:30, it's only 4:00! I mean," I added, when he lifted his eyebrow, "not that I'm complaining. How did you get off school early?"

He chuckled. "Let's just say that the teacher won't expect me back for another week. Oh, and if someone named Mrs. Kirkwall asks you, I have a disease called inloveicitis."

I didn't care that we were in the middle of the hallway. I kissed him on the cheek as three of my female classmates glowered at me as they strolled past.

"So, how's school?" Percy inquired. "Is it torture, like it is for me?"

I laughed. "School's great. Only English class is bad--I've got a B in there."

He gasped. "NO! The great Annabeth Chase, getting a B!? Come on. I'm failing English."

I punched Percy in the arm. "Look, let's just go," I said, rolling my eyes at him.
_________

It's short, and not too informative, but it's more of a connecting chapter to the next one.
Hope it's good! :)
@precious - XD I just might do something like that...
over a year ago Alex13126 said…
since that was when monsters started tracking you. Might wanna add an s to that to make it thats. Everything else is good :D
crying
Pahg <lol that makes me laugh at first i actually thought it was a word
POST SOON OR I MIGHT DIE
not really but yeah
i will be sad
big smile
Thanks! :)
over a year ago Starlight1o1 said…
He gasped. "NO! The great Annabeth Chase, getting a B!? Come on. I'm failing English."

Now that was funny.
big smile
^ Thanks! XD Yeah, it just seemed like a thing Percy would say. :)
over a year ago RachelDare14 said…
heart
Absolutely LOVE it rapunzel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big smile
:D
Glad you guys are so enthusiastic! :)
sunny
YAYAYAYAYAYYAY!!!!!! :D

We're on the second page!!!!! :D *celebrates*
big smile
Post ... ITs really nice !
big smile
^ I can't today, but I will tomorrow! :)
heart
This is awesome!
what annabethc said! :)
crying
I'm SO SO sorry!!!! ;'(((
I'm at my friend's house, so I'll post tomorrow :)
over a year ago sonoboreas said…
big smile
Hey really amazing stuff and I can't wait to see more! Seriously your a very talented writer rapunzeleah.

I'll be waiting day and night for new chapters! And you can ask if you want help on anything with the story.(O.K. I'm starting to sound like a stalker so I'm gonna go!)
^ Lol! You're not a stalker (I think XD).
That's a really good compliment :)
over a year ago Asmadasahater said…
I think you got a really good idea that PJO fan will love.
But I can tell your not much of a writer. I'm not either and i am not trying to be mean.

Maybe you need to get out of your comfort zone and try to become the character. Find how the character thinks and feels.
It will be harder with one of RR characters then one of your own, but there will be more of a concection.

Also decribe every little detail of the settings. Truly create a place with words.

You got to work on it, but Really good! BRAVO!!!
big smile
No I'm pretty sure I'm not ahah.
Yeah no problem!
smile
^ Thanks for the constructive criticism! ^_^ Yeah, usually I describe things to a minute detail, but I guess I missed it this time XD
Yeah sorry I'm not trying to just follow in Asmadasahater's shadow but try to think Percy or Annabeth would really do in a situation instead well you! I'm trying not to be mean just trying to offer help.

But hey I'm not even brave enough to start a fanfic so what do I know!
big smile
See, yeah, like I said, the last posts were just connecting chapters, so I was just trying to let you know what was happening, and didn't put as much effort into the characters. Guess I should, though :)
laugh
Pls pls pls post now !!!!!
smile
^ Lol you guys!
I'm glad you like it so much, but I still can't post it now. It's not all the way finished, for one thing, and I'm still at my friend's house, (Spent the night) and I'll probably post at *checks watch* 6:30 central time, if that's okay :)
big smile
It's ok take your time. I'm sure the longer we wait the better they will get!
i'm back from the camping trip! :) omg!!!!!!!!!! your story is AWESOME!!!!!!
hmmm
Im not sure what central time is.. what a fail. Its 5:16 where i am soo..
big smile
It's 5:30 here :)
Its 7:30 central time! :,( Just kidding, I know things happen and you can't post- I'm just really excited!
crying
I'M. SO. FRICKIN. SORRY.
BLAME ME! It was my fault.
Okay, so I usually email it to myself, the chapter. But I forgot to.
But--and be prepared to hurl tomatoes at my face--I accidentally deleted it.
So I have to rewrite it, but I'll have it up tonight, I WILL NOT delete it anymore. :)
(Ring a bell, Forbidden readers? XD)
smile
Haha, I forgive you. Maybe. ;) Just kidding, of course I do. I do things like that on a daily basis, so you're lucky. :-) I'm going out to eat, so I won't be on for a while. And no rush, quality not...quickness? lol
over a year ago Perseus54321 said…
my friends always say to me when i accidentally delete a chapter i wrote, that you're most likely going to make a better one
kiss
Lol :) *relief* thanks!