The Hunger Games president snow's blood breath!

Grace_548 posted on Sep 13, 2009 at 05:27AM
I loved this book, but even with all the murder on the tour, the whippings and the actual games themselves (incredibly designed this time) i still found the fact that the president's breath smelt like blood most grotesque. any ideas? or share your disgust.

there is something really creepy about him.

The Hunger Games 15 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago radigan2010 said…
i don't know why it had to be blood either!
i guess dramatic effect?
or maybe she's just reinforcing the idea that he's okay with blood? therefore the hunger games. . . .
over a year ago Desirae13 said…
hmmm
Maybe he drinks the blood of the people he killed. That's probably his dinner. He might not even be human. Or maybe he's killed so many times that the smell of death lingers on him.
over a year ago Pyslla said…
hmmm
Maybe he does that to put Katniss off, and any ideas she has thought of?
over a year ago dazzledpixie said…
eeeugh yeah that was really gross it made me think he was a cannibal or something. I'm not sure what that's all about but it definitely tells us that he's not good, not good at all. And I agree w/radigan2010 it was probably for dramatic affect. Maybe we will found out the reason for it in the Victors.
over a year ago peetarocks999 said…
monkey
he's a VAMP!!!:)). we'll never know. maybe he has his toothpaste blood-flavored and he brushed his teeth and he happened to have blood-scented mouth spray which he sprayed into his mouth??:D
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago peetakatnissluv said…
Yeah it is kind of gross and mixing it with roses...a bit weird!
over a year ago jackie5starr said…
haha blood can symbolize killing like the capitol does
over a year ago AlixGlance said…
I agree with desirae13, I thought he drinks the blood of the people he killed. I talked about with my friend because we read it together and he was like, "I bet he drinks the dead tributes' blood and then used what was left like eth eyes and stuff for the muttations", and I was like EWWWWW you're so gross but probably right. anyway, I hope we find out in the next book. Is it actuallu called the Victors?
over a year ago reeseluvshg said…
it can't just symbolize something. there has to be reason. maybe its foreshadowing?
over a year ago colorfulssmile said…
maybe he is just suffering a case of bleeding gums :P
over a year ago maddy-la said…
Maybe he's a vampire!!!!!!!!!!!!or just a caniball(sp?)....hhhmmmmmmmmmm
over a year ago jinxreddog said…
mischievous
He drinks the blood of the people he kills and of the dead tributes and he tries to throw Kat off with the roses thing. Apparently he <3 (heart) killing. LOL that would be so awesome if he wore that T Shirt.
over a year ago venicebd said…
He could've made some type of perfume that reeks with the smell of blood and roses for intimidation only. Maybe he smells of death and mourning because he's been alive since the 2nd Quell. He could be a mutant.
over a year ago aaron_fpd said…
The trilogy is partly based on the myth of Theseus and the minotaur--a half bull, half human monster who lived in a labyrinth in Crete, to whom the conquered people of Greece were forced to send their children as tributary sacrifices.

I think that President snow is either:

a.) some sort of monstrous human muttation that drinks blood and that may somewhat resemble the ancient minotaur of Crete--i.e. his human form is a disguise and he has some bull DNA added in. Check out this image of an ancient minoan bull head w/large lips:

link

b.) or he's actually a descendant of the minotaur itself--i.e. the minotaurs were real hybrid monster beings that fed on human flesh and have secretly lived on into the era of Panem.
over a year ago lovexwp said…
after i read the last book i know that the blood is from those he killed and the roses are to cover the smell