The Hunger Games Whats with the Team Peeta and Team Gale?

xbloodystarx posted on Aug 03, 2010 at 10:49AM
i really don't get it. The books' main focus is about dictatorship and how even the weak can stand up to the strong. Yet a lot of people are so focused on Katniss' love interest. i seriously think Suzanne won't relieve much on that subject in the 3rd book. Like come on, the rebellion just started, who has time to focus on who Katniss chooses. Because i'm focus on if she'll live, how she'll save Peeta and if President Snow would just die already.

And theres this whole thing where a lot of people are against turning this into another Twilight thing, but it already has. The whole team thing, (crazy)fangirls already super protective over who should play who. Sorry to sound like a "female dog" but would all the crazy fangirls shut up about who should play who. We all have opinions and we have a right to voice it, but fighting over an actor or actress is just sad.
And i know everyone is really anxious about the 3rd book and the movie. How do you think i feel. But can we seriously try not to turn this into about Twilight thing.
i will kill someone if the Hunger Games movie turns into another Twilight thing with all the psycho fangirls and stupid hype all to just be disappointed by a shitty movie. and then get judged by everyone else on how stupid it was.

This is just my opinion on the Hunger Games' fans and the (stupid) hype.
last edited on Aug 03, 2010 at 10:51AM

The Hunger Games 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago silver93 said…
The problem is what Twilight has done to relationships in books. It's why I don't like calling it teams. Teams usually refer to which guy the girl likes better, not who is better for the actual character. That's why you have people saying,"I'm team Jacob, but Edward should be with Bella." That's why I think it should be called shipping; where you pick a name to represent the relationship of two characters. It's what they use in Harry Potter and a lot of relationships before Twilight. As for why people are arguing over the relationships, it's the only thing we can argue about. With Collins you never know what she's going to do, and we can't predict something that hasn't come out yet. Relationships are also a much lighter subject than who is going to die, which makes me feel depressed just thinking about it.
over a year ago MajorAbbey said…
I always noticed this as well. To be honest, it always made me feel rather awkward because I don't have any preferances between the two guys. I don't really mind which one she ends up with, or even if she didn't end up with one at all; like you, I was more interested in whether or not she'd live, among other things.