Ugly Betty Takes A Break; Returns In June!!

waichingliu81 posted on Jan 27, 2009 at 12:35AM
ABC sets up Thursday and Wednesday comedy blocks

'Scrubs' joins 'Better Off Ted' on Wednesdays, while 'Samantha Who?' and 'In the Motherhood' go to Thursdays

Monday, Jan 26, 2009
By Daniel Fienberg

ABC has established hour-long comedy blocks on Wednesdays and Thursday, announcing premiere dates for "In the Motherhood" and "Better Off Ted."

Each new show will be paired with an established comedy, as ABC has also moved "Scrubs" and "Samantha Who?" to new slots.

"Better Off Ted," a workplace comedy starring Jay Harrington, Portia de Rossi, Andrea Anders and Jonathan Slavin, will premiere on Wednesday, March 18 at 8:30 p.m. ET, following "Scrubs," which will be transplanted to Wednesday in the 8 p.m. time slot.

Meanwhile, on Thursdays, "Ugly Betty" will take a break, opening up the Thursday night 8 p.m. hour for "In the Motherhood" and the Emmy nominated "Samantha Who." ABC's new Thursday comedy block will premiere on March 26 and "Ugly Betty" will return when the two shows complete their runs.

"In the Motherhood" stars Megan Mullally and Cheryl Hines and looks at a group of friends dealing with the trials and tribulations of motherhood.

The "Samantha Who?" move follows last week's announcement that this new installment of "The Bachelor" will air in two-hour blocks for the duration of its run, leading into "True Beauty."

link

Ugly Betty 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago BeSafe said…
angry
Okay so I will say this again, BEYOND PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are going to let a show that has never even aired before (so they have no idea how it is going to do) air before UB?! ARE YOU FREAKIN' JOKING WITH THIS CRAP?! (once again sorry for my language, but I'm MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!)

ABC YOU NEED TO LISTEN, THE FANS WANT UGLY BETTY AND WE DON'T WANT TO WAIT FIFTY BATRILLION MONTHS FOR IT, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL THE SHOW?! I WILL SIGN/MAKE A PETITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago perfectprincess said…
angry
AND I WILL SIGN THAT PETITION BESAFE!! I am with ya all the way!! Where I live they did the same thing. They aired Season 1 of UB, then they took a break. A VERY LONG BREAK which latest almost A YEAR!! And then Season 2 went really bad for ratings!! Why do you think this is the case? It's cos no one had seen it for so LONG!!

The reason why I am more mad is because where I live is not as far along in the series as the US, so I rely on US websites for updates on UB and I watch the episodes online that way too. So now what am I going to do?
over a year ago sufferkate said…
I am so pissed off, UB is such a lovely,refreshing show and it is on the verge of cancellation now according to reports I read.
Do you know where there is a petition? please if you do so post the link on this forum I d be more than happy to sign, this is a disgrace!!!!!
over a year ago waichingliu81 said…
angry
i'm just peed off with this and mad too. i think the fact that ABC are willing to take off season 3, i get the impression that they don't want anything to do with this show anymore. they want to get this show cancelled. i just don't understand at all why they'd want to do this with season 3. the ratings are not as bad as people make them out to be- so the show is not pulling in 10 million viewers each week, big deal.

i'll see if there is a online petition that we could sign and put forward to ABC.
over a year ago BeSafe said…
Thanx for checking waichingliu81 because that is a petition I'd sure as hell sign...:)