Van Morrison Adolf Hitler and Van Morrison

Ray_Le_Blanc posted on Sep 05, 2008 at 04:20AM
what similarities can you find between these two men? They're both people, right. They're both European men. They both weren't what you'd call a "people person". They both ate food. Hey, I'll stop now.

Van Morrison 39 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Russell_Howard said…
You're kidding, right? I know they're around the same height.
over a year ago Ray_Le_Blanc said…
Both could be said to be artists. Hitler painted, Van's a songwriter and performer.
over a year ago TVMadnezz said…
I think there are better people you could make comparisons to. Adolf Hitler???
over a year ago rodstarr2001 said…
Sieg Hail !!! Hitler gased and burnt people, Van entertains people. A Totaly bizzare title for someone to make! but that's ok.
over a year ago Dr_Watson said…
I'm offended by this forum. Van Morrison has done nothing to warrant comparison with Adolf. Adolf was a meglomaniac and a satan worshipper. Van is a little troubled like most middle-aged men in the current times. Nothing more.
over a year ago Karl_Vernoff said…
Offensive. That's the long and short of it.
over a year ago Justin06988 said…
Adolf had one testicle.
over a year ago Micah_Gidro said…
I guess both of them had a kind of group culture. Van likes to hang around musos and Adolf liked to hang around similar egomaniacs in uniform.
over a year ago Kent_Uzziah87 said…
Similarities come and go. Love Van for the now. not what he did in those awful camps. Forgive and move on.
over a year ago Kristopfk_Silo said…
We must support Israel.
over a year ago Maxine875 said…
Van is like most men I've met on the scene, emotionally stunted. So was Adolf. Am I making myself clear soldier?
over a year ago della401 said…
This is one crazy forum. Van and Hitler? What about Van and Stalin or even Van and Tony Hawk?
over a year ago Jerang_Nieblitz said…
Both are misunderstood. Both have woman problems. Know what I mean?
over a year ago Wren_Kybosh81 said…
Hitler brought tears to virtually the whole world. Van brings joy through more than 40 years of great music. They're like opposites.
over a year ago Knight_Table said…
Van and Adolf are well known European white males. They have both slept with women outside of marriage.
over a year ago hbhb2 said…
angry
shut up please! im not tryin 2 b mean wen i say that but van morrison is amazing and he brings joy to the world and hitler is a man that i am glad is gone now fOREVER very sorry and don't take this the wrong way but i think that the world is better withowt him. u rock van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Art_Avatar said…
Van has his faults, like us all, but to compare him to Adolf Hitler is really weird. Van has always avoided discussing violence in his songs. He's from Belfast but has never mentioned "The Troubles". He concentrates on his own troubles instead.
over a year ago Candide said…
Who's Adolf Hitler?
over a year ago Cal_Avery said…
Hitler had only a brief European tour. Van has been touring Europe for 50 years. Van has stood the test of time. Adolf isn't popular now. Except with horrible racist people.
over a year ago dingoboy said…
This is typical post-modern thinking. Not everything is related or exists to be deconstructed. Adolf Hitler and Van Morrison are not in the same subset.
over a year ago Eldrick-woods said…
Van and Adolf have several degrees of separation. Adolf has made a greater impact on the planet. He probably went to hell.
over a year ago Jay_Jay_Disco said…
This is an odious comparison. I don't care who says the holocaust didn't happen. It did and the Jews suffered. Israel deserves to exist. The Palestinians act like animals. They are trying to dominate Israel by breeding a lot. Islam has no place in the modern world.
over a year ago Reebus89 said…
This is a rather deep forum and I'm happy to contribute. The holocaust did happen people but so did "Astral Weeks".
over a year ago Curl_Maxx said…
Probably the most interesting thing on the net. I'm hooked on this site.
over a year ago Jon_Jon_2000 said…
All this connection evidence between Hitler and Van is just coincidence. Someone said they're related. But some people say that about Shakespeare and they know he has no living relatives. Not even Lady Di.
over a year ago Dave_Howard1961 said…
Hitler wasn't that great of an artist. Van is. Van on.
over a year ago Roosevelt said…
Van's a genius. Hitler was an evil genius. And "evil" spelled backwards is "live". Spooky, ain't it?
over a year ago Roosevelt said…
Hitler wasn't nice. I don't want to speak badly of anyone, especially Germanic peoples, but he just was't what you'd call "a good ol' boy".
over a year ago Capt_Piddle said…
Adolf died 4 months before Van was born. No connection there. Heck, Adolf couldn't even play the Jew's harp!
over a year ago blind_orange said…
Which one is the singer? Van isn't it? Or is that a Nazi name? Van is in the distant memory for some. Some say he died at the Maritime, but he did sing Aryan Mist. Cobblers.
over a year ago Tab_Hunter said…
This is the craziest of the threads so I had to comment. Some people need to seek help, if you ask me, which you didn't.
over a year ago Pike_Place said…
Herr Shcklegruber was just a patsy. He was born in Austrian town that roughly translates as "grassy knoll".
over a year ago Punchdrunk53 said…
I really don't find Hitler funny. Same with ISIS the Koran and all that.
over a year ago KurzXanthos said…
Queer
over a year ago Satin_Angel said…
No one is willing to say Hitler was evil? Wow! The education system is so bad that it's turning out these triggered Millenials who can't even think for themselves. I've got to show this to Van. He'll love it.
over a year ago PCspeech_only39 said…
Stop using the term "men" or "man"!!! Those things don't exist. Not anymore. Stop it you haters. You are worse than Hitler if you refer to someone as a "man" or a "woman". Bring on the book burning.
over a year ago Cancel_Everyone said…
Cancel both of these guys.
12 months ago Vern_Tootle said…
crazy pup stuff. Easy to read so the style's good.
11 months ago Tab_Hunter said…
Define "Crazy pup".