Van Morrison Wavelength Magazine

Ray_Le_Blanc posted on Sep 22, 2008 at 01:24AM
It's sad to hear about the demise of "Wavelength" magazine. The final edition is going to be published this year. It will be sadly missed by all Van fans. Simon Gee has done an incredible job with the magazine. I treasure my copies.

Van Morrison 24 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Russell_Howard said…
Frankly I'd never heard of "Wavelength" magazine. Can you miss something when you've never heard of it?
over a year ago Dr_Watson said…
I have all the Wavelength magazines. But I can do that with my money. Medicine makes you crazy bucks.
over a year ago Amanda_Morton said…
What's happened to the Wavelength site? Who of you wants to take it over. Maurice Gee must be sick or something.
over a year ago Howard_Yeates said…
I, too, want to know what happened to that great 'Vanster' Maurice Gee. The man is a humble legend in Van circles.
over a year ago vanfan01 said…
I didn't buy enough "Wavelength" magazines when I had the chance. Oh, no!
over a year ago Art_Avatar said…
"Wavelength" magazine is a terrible loss. Someone's gotta revive it!!!!!! Please.
over a year ago Junior_Gynther said…
I have 15 copies .... I wished I had them all but people sell them for too much on ebay. It was a great fanzine. I heard a rumor that Van had a hand in crushing it. What happened to Maurice Gee. I knew he had some medical condition but haven't heard anything more. He was a great guy to keep it going. It wasn't a big money spinner.
over a year ago Lazy_Slob said…
I love "Wavelength" magazine. When's it coming back?
over a year ago dingoboy said…
I too love Wavelength ..... I've got three... they're on sale on ebay but so expensive. ......
over a year ago cold_cakes said…
Yeah I know dingo. Too much. Maybe it will start up again.link
over a year ago gluestick said…
Those few people with Wavelength mags who want to sell them are asking ridiculous prices on ebay. With posting they're about $17 each. I can't afford it. I, too wish I had bought them when they were about 4 pounds each. Why didn't I listen to Maurice Gee the editor?
over a year ago Eldrick-woods said…
I've got 21 now. I'll keep buying them on ebay so all of you don't bid on any!
over a year ago Dave_Howard1961 said…
I love reading my old Wavelength magazines. I especially like to read reviews of the CDs I'm listening to. Some come up on ebay but I have all those. I want to get all of them. Where's Simon Gee? Someone called him Maurice. Were they thinking of the Bee Gees?
over a year ago Roosevelt said…
I hope Simon Gee hasn't passed on. He organised meeting spots all over Britain and Europe when Van was in town doing a concert. He is well loved by all Van fans for his work on Wavelength magazine and bringing the Van community together.
over a year ago Roosevelt said…
By the way I have about 30 Wavelengths. Also if you want to see a photo or two of Simon Gee go to the Van Morrison News blog and there click on a link to "Pat's blog". Pat Corley - that wonderful eccentric - has a photo or two of Simon but you'll have to look for it. But no problem there because Pat's blog is so interesting with his Van insights, English pub stories, English folk singer stuff, etc.
over a year ago Gene_McNeally said…
So Simon is releasing CDs on his own label now? Get back to the real work of talking about Van. Simon are you really scared of the Van lawyers?
over a year ago Johnny-Reb1861 said…
Someone should start a Van fanzine!!!!! Sooner rather than later !!!!
over a year ago Capt_Piddle said…
Simon Gee is the Nick Drake of publishing. We want Van, Simon.
over a year ago Nosey45 said…
Simon sounds like a worse curmudgeon than Van! Turn your files over to me and I'll start Wavelength up again. You listening Simon? I won't share a beer uless you hand over the reins to me. I won't even speak to you again because you don't have the Kahonies. I dare you. I might evwen come over and just seize all the stuff. Don't push me, son.
over a year ago Gene_McNeally said…
Great magazines, though. Don't blame Simon Gee for all the typos. He's just a man chained to a desk not wanting the cash tsunamis caused by the Dubli Miracle. I told you so.
over a year ago Capt_Piddle said…
Gene, I thought Dubli was finished as a MLM disaster. Dubli didn't replace ebay apparently.
over a year ago zanyDerick435 said…
I didn't know about a fan magazine. That sounds like a good idea. I'll check out eBay to try to get a copy.
over a year ago China_Joe said…
I've never heard of this. Sounds great.
over a year ago Tab_Hunter said…
Great idea. What is?