Van Morrison Keep it Simple

Ray_Le_Blanc posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 12:43AM
Just got the 2008 Van CD "Keep it Simple". My view so far is this: some really great songs but I think Van is a little let down by his lyric writing on some tracks. Does he need a songwriting partner who specializes in lyrics? Me, for example. The problem with some of the songs are the rhymes seem a little forced and consequently the songs sound a little trite. Anyone else have "Keep it Simple"?

Van Morrison 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Russell_Howard said…
Yeah, I got it. I like the 'blah, blah, blah' part at the end of "Behind the Ritual". I agree about some of the rhymes.
over a year ago PaulPaul1975 said…
"Keep it Simple" is great, but then again I like almost every Van album. 33 Great studio albums.
over a year ago Curl_Maxx said…
I think "Keep it Simple" is great. It has 5 or 6 really great songs. It's on heavy rotation here at the "Blue Parrot".
over a year ago Jon_Jon_2000 said…
"Behind the Ritual" is brilliant. A real meditation. It makes me think about every ritual. What's behind it all? When I die is that it? My little brother died last year and his little coffin made me think. Was that it for him. I want to believe in heaven for people like my little brother. They never had a chance.
over a year ago Dave_Howard1961 said…
"Keep it Simple" is great but 2008 is a long time ago. When's the new album coming out? I love aging with Van. He's responsible.
over a year ago Sugar_Bandit said…
I think this is a good album. Some classic songs.
4 months ago Satin_Angel said…
All of the older men I date seem to have it on CD. Why don't they stream?