Van Morrison Cricket Playing Van?

Russell_Howard posted on Sep 30, 2008 at 06:20AM
Would Van be a cricket fan? Does anyone know? Mick Jagger's a big cricket fan. What about van? I really gotta know.

Van Morrison 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Dr_Watson said…
I remeber when Nigel Bruce and Basil Rathbone turned out for the Hollywood Cricket Club. A really good display it was. That's where I tried my first martini. At the makeshift players' bar they had set up. Who knew I'd own bars in three countries?
over a year ago della401 said…
I don't know of any Northern Ireland cricketers playing for England. So that would dampen Van's love for the game. Also, he was heavily into his musical career from age 15. No time for the game in whites.
over a year ago frog_features said…
I think Van is a rather coarse working-class git. The game would be too genteel for his sort. He was destined for the shipyards but fame had other ideas. Cleaning windows is where he belongs socially. He is 'new money'.
over a year ago Jon_Jon_2000 said…
On "Bright Side of the Road" Van inexplicably calls out "cricket". What does it all mean?
over a year ago frog_features said…
I think Van would be secretly thrilled by England's recent success against Australia in Ashes cricket. That's my opinion.
over a year ago Dave_Howard1961 said…
I think we should all calm down and google "Northern Ireland cricket" and also the ICC sitce. This will answer a lot of questions abbout the international spread of cricket. Google even "Morioka Cricket" and chek out that club in Northern Japan. Cricket on the moon? One day!
over a year ago Parsnipbuddies said…
The social class labelling is simply awful. So what if money can't buy you "refinement"? We still and crap the same, except for the Chinese. Social networking is a wonder. So is the new 500 ml size of "Glam Noodles". Love them and all the colours.
over a year ago Gene_McNeally said…
You talk of sizes and food. What about chaga? What about Dubli? Straight to the door and no torn boxes. That's the Dubli way. No torn boxes. And i'm not kidding when I say No torn Boxes!
over a year ago Capt_Piddle said…
This is funny in an obtuse way. i feel free to talk about ennythink.
over a year ago scottmoad said…
"Cricket" is musician slang for a harmonica.
over a year ago TheRealJustin07 said…
Yeah, that's probably right. I couldn't see Van fielding at square leg or midwicket. Long on and long off can be tricky too. what's his reactions like? Could he be suitable for slips, gully or point? What about short leg? Does he do stage diving anymore? He needs to dive left or right at short leg or brace for the well hit sweep shot. Know what I mean?
over a year ago Cage823 said…
if 'cricket' is slang for 'harmonica', then what is 'harmonica' slag for? As in "he's an harmonica player"? Sounds terible but I'm not sure what it means.
over a year ago Gene_McNeally said…
Cricket can't come to Nebraska. No one will understand such a sport. I see the ball is red. Interesting.