Van Morrison The Pressures of Fame

Darango_Mustafa posted on Oct 03, 2008 at 04:26AM
Van complains about the pressures of fame but is it so bad? I want to try it for a while but I have no talent. What should I do?

Van Morrison 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Karl_Vernoff said…
Where do you get talent from is another question which has no answer?
over a year ago Justin06988 said…
If Van doesn't like the fame and the money, give it to me.
over a year ago Kristopfk_Silo said…
Some people can't handle fame. I hope Van doesn't do a Kurt and blow his head off.
over a year ago frog_features said…
I think we ordinary people would love to be in Van's position. If he was poor he couldn't have a hot babe like Michelle Rocca to go home to every night. Does he really think she's attracted to his virtually non-existent personality?
over a year ago Dave_Howard1961 said…
Leave Van alone. Fame isn't what drives him. It's the music. So let's just 'keep it simple'.
over a year ago Gigi_Lee said…
I want to leave messages on all of these forums if possible.
You don't know him like I do or should I say, used to do. But the time I spent with Van should me that he as near to a genius as anyone is. Quincy Jones just runs random note formations through a computer but Van is the real deal. The songs come from deep within. He doesn't court popularity or listen to what the business types tell him he should do. I once saw him throw 10,000 euros out of a hotel window in a meeting. He was telling some guy in a suit that it's not about the money. The guy snorted and said "yeah sure". Van got up and went to his suitcase and pulled out 10,000 euros and threw it into the street. Later the police came but it wasn't a crime or anything. Complex.
over a year ago Roosevelt said…
Well try to write something. Study singing or writing or a musical instrument. Do voice and acting lessons. And especially get cosmetic surgery.
over a year ago Tab_Hunter said…
This is interesting because I want to be a celebrity too. They have great lives with everything. You can be ugly and still get great chicks. That's what I want. I want all of it and more. I can have it if I build my career. Should I play lead or bass as well? That part I don't get. Are lyrics that importnat?
over a year ago newlywed_game said…
It's all in a game. Celebrity is fleeting so keep practising whatever you do. I say stay off shrill instruments- no one likes those/ Acting and voice lessons are good. What about a reality TV show idea? How about a kidnap show? Or like a hot dog vendor who actually advises Wall Street types about how to invest. These are just ideas.
over a year ago Peyronies987 said…
This forum makes my head hurt. Celebrity isn't a job description.
over a year ago Satin_Angel said…
So many have died.
over a year ago Normal_Joe said…
This is kinda funny. in my culture we don't eat hot dogs. No British person has ever eaten or even seen a hotdog. I have seen a 'hamburger' but that had beef not ham.
12 months ago Vern_Tootle said…
I get the same thing down at the club when I keep winning the trivia thingys.
11 months ago Pantsonfire909 said…
Crazy. You people are nuts and I'm not talking in a good way.