Van Morrison "The Man" unmasked

jimpc posted on Sep 18, 2020 at 06:38PM
YES, Van! Governments all over the world are colluding to enslave people by forcing them to wear medical-style masks. Stalin, Mussolini, and Pol Pot- how they could have missed something so obvious? You can be blinded by your loss of $$, but your [former] fans are horrified by your credulity!

Van Morrison 25 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Boydbird040 said…
I know you are being sarcastic. But I'm a fan and anything Van Morrison does is all right by me. Of course, he's a sinner like us all and a few years from now he will have to face God.
over a year ago Tab_Hunter said…
Define sin.
over a year ago KurzXanthos said…
Who was that Masked man. Geronimo. All round I think.
over a year ago Satin_Angel said…
jimpc - keep with the opinions the tech/govt/media wants you to have. I suppose you believe in unlimited number of genders or that people are genetically gay?
over a year ago Normal_Joe said…
Freedom of speech.
over a year ago Sugar_Bandit said…
James PC - If you don't like Van's comments don't listen. But if you are going to suggest that people who enjoy his music should now tune out because of his beliefs then, sir, you are a complete moron. Freedom of speech means the right to express ANY opinion. Do you really want to live on a planet with everyone sharing the same opinion? Sounds terrible!!!
over a year ago PCspeech_only39 said…
I think we need to round up every Briton who has ever uttered something not politically correct - and throw them into jail. Some Britons like Shakespeare and Churchill have used the terms "men" and "women". These people are sick. Bring back capital punishment for such infringements. And we must never refer to the religious beliefs of terrorists !!! People who do should get longer sentences than the terrorists themselves.
over a year ago CopperD71 said…
I agree with jimpc. Everyone who disagrees with jimpc should be locked up. Everyone !
over a year ago Oxford_Don1612 said…
JimPC is, of course, that brand of loathsome creature who is anti-free speech. I support Mr George Ivan Morrison's right to fee speech. But, unfortunately, for insecure SJWs like Jimpc, he now is no longer a fan of Mr Morrison's music. What's changed? Only Mr Morrison's opinions about a health issue. JimPC is part of cancel culture. "I don't like this person's opinions therefore I hate them". Haters like JimPC should be given to North Korea. Kim Jung also doesn't like people having different opinions.
over a year ago jimpc said…
I'm very encouraged that so many people feel engaged on this issue. Amused by CopperD71's use of sarcasm to answer mine - well done : ) Odd though that some people introduced words like "hate," "moron," and so on. Didn't come from me. So interesting how Van has free speech, but do some think that perhaps i don't? Is anyone trying to "cancel" my observation? Does Van not take responsibility for his remarks? Should he be protected by his fans from opposing opinions or information? (No, I'm not suggesting that you or other fans tune him out. Why would you think, that, Sugar Bandit?)

The more interesting question is, who thinks it important to save hundreds of thousands of lives by stopping the spread of this Covid-19 plague? How can one best contribute to that effort? All the best ...
over a year ago Oxford_Don1612 said…
Stop being a total goose Jim. You implied that you were an "ex-fan" because of his remarks. Who cares about his remarks? It's his music we appreciate. Nothing to do with what he thinks about systemic racism, plastic drinking straws, cows producing global warming gasses, mythical pay gaps, BLM, etc. Just listen to the music. We don't want to cancel your opinion but if you listen to Van for health information then you have my sympathy.
over a year ago jimpc said…
I like your basic approach Oxford_Don. Unfortunately, Morrison and Clapton (another one of the greatest rock/pop musicians in the world) are not expressing their frustrations and opinions privately. It's not only media reporting their remarks. They have become activists on this issue and incorporated their remarks as an integral part of their music. I don't see how music fans can ignore it in this context, Morrison is worth $90M, Clapton $450M. Instead of whining about their limited loss of opportunities to hold concerts, they could have put some of that cash toward PPE, testing, vaccinations - so that we could all see the end of these lockdowns sooner. The only way to end the restrictions is to defeat the virus. If they are concerned about loss of opportunity for local musicians to perform, then they could invest in retro fitting clubs or creating new clubs where audience and performers could participate safely.
Instead they are fanning the flames of impatience and dangerous behaviors with their music. And prolonging the crisis. Why do I care? Because I'm 72 and am stuck inside until we defeat this virus. The sooner we defeat it, the sooner we can all get on with our lives. Don't you think so?
(Actually, I'm now liking Sugar Bandits inference. As much as I admire them for their music, let's all boycott them until they stop their foolish petulance.)
Satin_Angel commented…
You are sheeple not people. Think for yourself. 4 shots are now not enough. over a year ago
MachoMan888 commented…
Does it matter how much Van or Eric have? If you want more money than work for it! That's capitalism - the best economic system ever devised. over a year ago
I think Mr James Political Correctness is one of these limp-wristed soldiers for social justice. Creeps like him are always wagging their fingers at others telling them what to do, think and say. At your core Jim you are a fascist. Van Morrison fans think for themselves. You must have loved Hitler when he organized the perfect German society. How you would have applauded the new autobahn and clean streets. You'd sell your soul for a paper drinking straw and just to hear Greta Thunberg's autism laden voice "how dare you?". Do better as a human being. At the moment you aren't fully human. Calling for totalitarianism is easy. Think, for the first time in your life!!!!!
over a year ago Gassy_Gary said…
I think since Jim PC is 72 we should leave him alone. The media he accesses keeps lying to him. Not his fault. How many doubled Vaxxed people die from Covid 19 around the world? Lots. Why don't we know the exact figure? Because "investigative journalism" is dead. Why is the vaccine so ineffective? Why are lots of unvaxxed people not getting Covid? Why are more and more doctors (not musicians Jim) saying that anyone under 40 who gets the jab is crazy? Bring back journalists who investigate. It used to be a profession. Remember: politicians only have one skill - they won their last election. That's it.
over a year ago JitteryJake said…
Good one Gassy. Hey, get on top of the gas. It may lead to cancer.
Gas and politics. That's all I hear about.
over a year ago Normal_Joe said…
Constable James is trying to cancel everyone. He's worse than Robin Swann and that's saying a lot. I hope I live long enough to see Robin Swann pay millions of pounds for his malicious law suit against Van Morrison. And not from public funds! I want to see that little creep pay millions out of his own pocket and lose his house and savings.
over a year ago Gassy_Gary said…
Thanks for the advice Trader Al.
over a year ago Thadd_James043 said…
When's it all going to stop? It has to. it must. This can't keep going on like this. What's it gonna take?
over a year ago i_hate_skin said…
Police Constable Jim is a jerk. How dare you criticize my customer. (he pays for his band members to be done.)
over a year ago Aniel_Kornflut said…
Gassy, soy beans will cure the gas. Also, prune juice is very good. JIMPC - you don't know Jesus as your saviour so be very careful. Both heaven and hell last forever.
over a year ago Karl_Beitz09 said…
Word came through on the Van Offline Forums that JIMPC is dead. It may have been the vaccine but his death is listed as "covid-related".
over a year ago RobinGooseSwan said…
Shame to hear about it. He said his piece and now he's gone. We'll miss him. Was he really ex-police?I know what they do to people. like arrest all the black people. Bad energy.
over a year ago JodieCaddy101 said…
He was all right. Didn't like phone scams and skinny jeans so he was all right by mean. Did he really want to cancel Van Pug?
over a year ago Lars_Vorster said…
Our Jim was a poncey little flower wasn't he. We all die. Deal with it. Me? I'm just trying to get to heaven beofre they shut the door. There has to be a God. Look how the universe is designed and designed for human flourishing. Amazing.