Van Morrison Britney, Van and Hannah Montana

Howard_Yeates posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 01:11AM
How come Britney and Miley Cyrus outsell Van Morrison? Is everyone so brain dead out there? Can't we make dumb music illegal?

Van Morrison 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Tom_Eegret said…
The world is full of wonder. Just relax and "let it be". You won't change anything!
over a year ago della401 said…
Britney and Hannah will always outsell Van. Half the world is below average. Remember that.
over a year ago jarik said…
Van's audience is probably older than the audience of
Britney and company. Besides I don't have a lot of money to spend on CDs so I would most likely buy a compilation than a new album.
over a year ago della401 said…
If the younger generation just keeps buying individual songs they will miss out on album track gems. All the songs will sound commercial. All the same. That's not art that's consumerism. Long live the album!!!!!!!! Listen to "common One" or "Astral Weeks". No singles there !!!!!! Just brilliancy. Death to the iPod generation. Or at least they could be slapped!!!
over a year ago Brodie_Thomas said…
Van is interesting isn't he? Hannah and Brit won't be around much longer. They are so boring.
over a year ago Gigi_Lee said…
Britney and crowd tend to sell to teens and twenties. Van is someone you can carry through life. His albums always have something surprising.
over a year ago Gene_McNeally said…
Troikas come and go. Next to Mt Rushless this is all drivel.
Sugar_Bandit commented…
funny man ... will Don Thumps face be on Mt. Rushless? over a year ago
over a year ago Clive_Powell said…
You can't just go and ban everything ... stop all the cancelling you young people. Grow up and find people who disagree with you. It is a spice.
Just for that, I'm cancelling you. Enjoy lonely. over a year ago
over a year ago Karl_Beitz09 said…
Music is music and that's the way it is. People are free to buy anything they want. But if you want to distort the actual sales figures thn you could buy a hundred thousand copies of Moving on Skiffle.
over a year ago Boxer_Mellie said…
Pop music ages so quickly. I was listening to The Sweer the other day. Embarrassing. Van is timeless.