Van Morrison Hymns to the Silence

della401 posted on May 13, 2009 at 01:13PM
What a great album this is. I recently bought a copy on ebay. It's fantastic. So many interesting songs.
save

Van Morrison 15 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago cherry_blue said…
You're right. It has a depth to it that's unbelievable. Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, the Jonas Brothers, etc would love to create an album with this depth. Still they might love the money that their shallow careers provide more.
over a year ago Brodie_Thomas said…
Hymns to the Silence is a fantastic album. How many classic albums do you think Van has put out .......... I think 5.
over a year ago Art_Avatar said…
I love it too. I thought it was shockingly bad when I first put it on. But now I love it. Listened to it this morning as I washed the dishes. My wife was feeding the baby in our bedroonm.
over a year ago Jon_Jon_2000 said…
"Hymns to the Silence" is brilliant. What a coup for Van when other people put out so much over-produced garbage. He wears his nostalgia right there on his fancy sleeve. Michelle has really made a difference to his clothes. He went from one of the worst-dressed to one of the best-dressed. Keep up the good work Michelle Rocca. Please try to get him on the treadmill.
over a year ago Gigi_Lee said…
"Hymns" is so interesting. What do people want from albums? Catchy songs? Van does what he wants. He's a legend.
over a year ago Clive_Powell said…
"Hymns" is a great album although many people hate it. Say it's too religious. Don't they want to go to heaven.
over a year ago Mr_Piddle2 said…
Yeah I like HTTS .... great album .... ebay always has some ...
over a year ago tortoise79 said…
I especially love Professional Jealousy from this album. I've just discovered this not so well known album of his.
over a year ago Huggy_Bear8734 said…
A great contemplative album. I'm liking hymns again. Praise God.
over a year ago Johnny-Reb1861 said…
It is such an interesting album. Had a look at Irish hightowers as mentioned on the first Irish hymn which is on this album - Be Thou My Vision. Van's a visionary all right.
over a year ago Sugar_Bandit said…
my dad had this
over a year ago Clive_Powell said…
it was a great album. Still is.
over a year ago Karl_Beitz09 said…
It's a great album although I haven't listened to it for more than a decade. I'm too busy cleaning my guns.
11 months ago CWForrest68 said…
I like it. I hope you are a Democrat Karl. Democrats never hurt any one. Except the BLM people. And Antifa. And people in Portland, And Settle, And Chicago. And New York. Violent cities in America are always majority Democrat ones. Go figure.
11 months ago Versatile_Vern said…
The Democrats were the party of slavery and Jim Crow. No thanks.