Vegetarians Recipe Exchange

blisslikethis posted on Jan 03, 2008 at 07:40PM
hello everyone! so as i was trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight, i came up with this awesome idea of a veggie recipe exchange. we all have our favourite dishes and what could be better than sharing them with fellow fanpoppers?

a few simple guidelines would be to state whether the dish is vegetarian or vegan (no eggs/dairy), how many people it serves, and an approximate prep. time.

i'll post one of my own soon-ish to get things started :)

Vegetarians 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago blisslikethis said…
alrighty, so here's a great soup my roommate made awhile back.

Curried Butternut Squash Soup
(vegan!, about 8 servings)

Ingredients:
1 Butternut Squash
1 head of Garlic
2 large Onions (peeled and cut into quarters)
6 cups Vegetable Broth
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Curry Power
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
2 tbsp Olive Oil

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place halved and seeded squash on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil or parchment paper.
- Pour olive oil over the squash, then sprinkle on the brown sugar and curry powder.
- Wrap the garlic in tinfoil and place it on the baking sheet, along with the onions.
- Roast veggies in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes to an hour (or until the squash is tender). Remove from oven and set aside until they're cool enough to handle.
- Scrape the flesh of the squash into a food processor. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skin, into the food processor along with the onions. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a large pot and stir in vegetable broth and coconut milk. Sprinkle in oregano, nutmeg, and cinnamon (and salt and pepper if needed).
- Bring to a boil and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve!

hope you enjoy it :D
over a year ago Nymphadora07 said…
ooooo that sounds yummy. I think I'll try it =D. srry I can't think of a recipe now but I'll post one l8r