Yellowjackets Yellowjackets Episode Discussion

DarkSarcasm posted on Nov 15, 2021 at 04:08AM
Am I creating a forum for episode discussion instead of making weekly picks because I'm lazy, or because it's easier to keep track of when it's all in one place?

I'll never tell.

SPOILERS BELOW, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
last edited on Nov 15, 2021 at 04:53AM

Yellowjackets 22 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
I'm generally kinda unimpressed with modern media, but every once in a while something comes along and I'm like "holy shit was this made for me??" It's a survival story, set in the wilderness, featuring multiple favorite actresses, half-set in the 90s. *hyperventilates*

Briana Venskus was originally cast as the reporter. I was watching for her and wondered why she never showed up, then did some hunting and figured out that they'd recast her with Rekha Sharma. (I'm guessing it's a recast instead of a different reporter, because BV was Jessica Cruz and Sharma is Jessica Roberts.) Sorry Sharma, but I don't know or love you, so this was disappointing.

Everything else was great though. Gonna have to watch the pilot several more times to get everybody's name memorized, but I don't mind, 'cause I loved it. XD

Also, so this is the first time I've ever heard the name "Taissa" out loud. It was almost as shocking as watching Sorcerer's Stone for the first time and hearing someone say "Hermione". XD
last edited over a year ago
In link's recap, it says that Misty is the leader of the Fur Gang in the flashbacks, and that's the vibe I picked up in the trailer, but I don't think that's right. Maybe she'll eventually stage a coup and take over, but Misty's the one serving the meat in the fire scene. She's not Antlers.

So, who's Antlers? Obvious Backup Choice would be Natalie, but I think it'd be cooler if it's somebody else that Misty's gonna kill to become the leader. Which I think is more probable, because Natalie seems to regard Misty as a danger rather than a loyal minion in the present.

I also find it interesting that Misty was Natalie's first stop, and Taissa was Shauna's first call. Opposing gangs that eventually called a truce to hide what they'd done? Hmmm.
In [url=https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/yellowjackets/links/44182856/title/yellowjackets-premiere-recap-
Also, after Watch #2, I don't think Nightgown was Jackie. (Jackie gave the necklace to Shauna on the plane. It's obviously not Shauna, and the mouth doesn't look like Jackie.) Not sure who Pink Chucks is either. Things to watch for.
Also, after Watch #2, I don't think Nightgown was Jackie.  (Jackie gave the necklace to Shauna on the
Ohhh, sweet little Misty. I expect great and terrible things from you.

Van is still a standout, and I hope Laura Lee lasts a while. But as of 1x02, I'm kinda leaning Misty as the 90s favorite. And also the most feared. Am I afraid of how much I love her? XD

Sex therapy was awkwardddd. But hey, nothing like a fresh kill to get your mojo goin'. Or something. XD

So the biggest shock here was that the symbol was already there. (It's a girl falling into a pit, right?) So... what the fuck, man.
Ohhh, sweet little Misty.  I expect great and terrible things from you.

Van is still a standout, a
Opening credits! And The Cranberries! Well done, 1x03.

Ok, Jackie, if you're gonna be playing with your poison oak and then rubbing your face, then it WILL be what takes you out.

Taissa's kid is creepy as fuuuck. Also creepy: Misty x Coach. I love Juliette Lewis and Christina Ricci together. Can't believe they've never been in anything together before.
Shout-out to Lottie for being the MVP of 1x05. I'd have been up there helping her scrub that shit off the floor, 'cause oh hell naw.

"The people who matter recognize Daria." Big fan of Shauna in this ep too. The "mutually assured destruction" speech was A+ Parenting. You go girl. XD

I am still shocked sometimes because the younger actresses sound so much like their adult counterparts. Juliette and Melanie have very distinct voices and cadences, and The Sophies are doing an amazing job.
First off, what the fuck, 1x06.

I kinda figured the supernatural stuff was just Lottie's brand of crazy, but now Taissa too? What is happening?!? (Side note: Tawny's a crazy-good actress but is always underutilized, and they BETTER give her some good shit to do!)

Really liked Jeff in this ep. I mean, still went to fuck around, but at least he stood up for Shauna at the creepiest brunch ever. I can't believe they put themselves through that every year. Punch that old lady in the mouth.

Food Baby was horrifying. And Operation Underwire?? If anyone needs me, I'll be over here clutching my midsection and trying not to pass out.

Laura Lee is so sweet and pure and I'm gonna be very upset if I have to watch her die. Please be alive and in a convent. Maybe with Lottie. Definitely thought there was gonna be a drowning attempt in their big scene. Either Laura Lee trying to drown the demon out of Lottie, or Lottie thinking Laura Lee was the thing that's been speaking to her. Congrats girls, you survived another ep. XD
NO NOT MY VAN

Not cool, 1x07.

Totally called Shauna's Sidepiece as Glitter Boy, just figured she'd spot it in the driveway and flip. Kinda shitty to put that in a preview, though. Now it won't be surprising next week, after I'd moved onto another suspect and/or forgot about Sidepiece. XD

Liked Taissa a lot more after this ep, finding out how/why she'd been taking care of Natalie. As a general rule, politicians suck, so this was needed.

Feel like the fact that the reporter was hired by Taissa was kinda glossed over, hope Misty digs her teeth into that in the next ep. ;)
MY VAN LIVES, and she BETTER still be alive, 'cause if they brought her back from the brink of death just to let her die in the next ep from the wolf wounds I SWEAR--

Also, y'all fools really gonna start a forest fire for a funeral? Bury her deep, cover her with rocks. After, y'know, you MAKE SURE SHE'S REALLY DEAD. *facekeyboard*

RIP Laura Lee and Leonard. Thank you for trying. (Did the fire start on the plane, or did somebody rig Leonard? 'Cause it looked like Leonard to me. *narrows eyes*)

Uh, so 1x08 must've been the Emmy Episode because HOLY CRAP at the entire adult cast. A+ freakouts and meltdowns, my dudes. GLORIOUS.

Think this might've been my favorite ep so far. =D
"There's no book club?!" Ohhhh Jeff. XD I didn't see The Jeff Twist coming, but I'm glad it was there, because Warren Kole was being wasted as the pathetic husband. I mean, still pretty pathetic, but y'know. XD

Sooo THAT orgy took a turn. And yet, I'm more disappointed in Jackie than the ones trippin' canni-balls? Fuck her up, Nat. Some really cute moments between Van and Taissa, though. I'd really like to see an alive-and-well Van at the reunion. Can't believe the finale's next week. There are so many things that need to get resolved! They expect me to wait a full year for more? It's gonna be hard waiting a week! *shriek!*
laugh
HOPE NOBODY SHOWS UP AND INTERRUPTS THIS THRILLING DISCUSSION I'M HAVING WITH MYSELF BEFORE THE FINALE
over a year ago FanArtLover said…
Sorry late to the game, lol. I just binge watched this over the past 2 days! I really freakin love this show.

1. I can't stand Jackie.....surprise like most of the fandom. I love Nat and Shauna both are probably my favs of the show.

2. Misty is beyond nuts, I was bullied so I get it however the way she was watching and stalking Nat was creepy.

3. I like the Adam is Javi theory.

4. I thought Jeff was cheating on Shauna so when it was revealed he was the blackmailer I was thrown off, good plot twist I guess.

5. I may have to rewatch I don't remember hearing Jeff admit he killed Travis for his money.

There's lots of guesses on who might show up to the reunion lots are saying Jackie, I wouldn't mind seeing Van.
over a year ago FanArtLover said…
So many loose ends 😕

I'm guessing Lottie killed Travis along with the people that took Nat.

Misty poisoning Jessica I saw that one coming, I really think she has munchausen syndrome with how many times she poisoned others like Ben and the elderly it kind of makes sense to me.

As much as I couldn't stand Jackie I was sad to see her dead.

Season 2 needs to hurry up.
Lottie! And Taissa's secret room!! And LOTTIE!!! Guess we have our Antlers... and that she was unwilling to give up her role as cult leader when she returned to civilization. =O

I'm not sad about Jackie being dead, just Shauna's reaction to it. Adios, hooker. Saw Jessica's death coming too, but I figured Misty had tampered with her car. Whatever, another problem down.

Anddd now I gotta rewatch the whole thing. XD
FanArtLover commented…
Yes it was more Shauna's crying that made Jackie's death hard to watch. over a year ago
over a year ago Bibi69 said…
Holy mother of LOTTIE!!! I should've probably seen it coming, but I didn't! XD And Taissa!!! Jeez, woman!

Shauna's reaction about killed me. Even though I was pretty sure the season would end on Jackie's death, I did not expect it to make me cry, but I love Shauna so much, it hurts.

Yeah, season 2 needs to come like right the fuck now XD
DarkSarcasm commented…
SO NICE OF YOU TO FINALLY JOIN US XD over a year ago
Bibi69 commented…
Well, I didn't know this existed XD over a year ago
K, so I'm rewatching trying to figure out who's left to be in the cannibal gang, and there's still a lot of unnamed characters. Either they were eating Mari, or somebody without a name. XD
K, so I'm rewatching trying to figure out who's left to be in the cannibal gang, and there's still a
Bibi69 commented…
I've been thinking Mari for a while, because of her hair, it fits. over a year ago
Misty's the one serving, so there are 7 in the Cannibal Cult. So Lottie, Misty, Van. I wanna say Natalie too, because she and Misty seem closer to each other than anyone else. If Nat's there, Travis probably is too. (WTF happened to Javi, btw?) And if there's still enough survivors for a rival gang, I'm guessing Taissa and Shauna are leading it.
Misty's the one serving, so there are 7 in the Cannibal Cult.  So Lottie, Misty, Van.  I wanna say Na
Bibi69 commented…
At some point I thought that Taissa was maybe in the Cannibal Cult, because of the fact that she won't eat meat now. But maybe I'm wrong. over a year ago
DarkSarcasm commented…
[1x07, after Natalie shoots at Mr. Glitter] "We've done a lot worse." "Speak for yourself, Natalie. Don't drag us into your endless pit of fucking guilt." Yeah, I think there were enough left for 2 gangs. Natalie and Misty for Cannibal Cult, Taissa and Shauna together elsewhere. over a year ago
ALSO, I think Misty is still Lottie's minion in the present. She had Travis's ID in her Creepy Stalker Folder, which Natalie stole (shocker), and Misty was ready for a road trip the next morning. That little weirdo's always a step ahead.
Ok I took a little break in the rewatch but I'm back @ 1x05.

"The occult is no laughing matter." At least Laura Lee didn't have to go through the Orgy/Sacrifice or actual cult later on. Fly and be free, Laura Lee!

"Nat? What is that? That smudge? Does it look like wax?" Misty spotted the symbols AND quickly connected the dots in the pics from Travis's crime scene. She's totally still Lottie's minion.

I'm noticing some interesting adult dynamics this time around. Taissa still seems to be the peacemaker, but it looks like Shauna and Natalie are barely just tolerating each other. And Natalie's the only one who'll willingly talk to Misty.

Looking closer at the fire on Laura Lee's plane, it definitely looks like Leonard was the firestarter. Misty? Sleep!Taissa? Who did this to my sweet Laura Lee?!

also here's Lottie putting on her Antler Crown in Doomcoming
Ok I took a little break in the rewatch but I'm back @ 1x05.

"The occult is no laughing matter."
I am very much enjoying the amount of Van in the S2 trailer.
heart
My rewatch has begun. I missed thisssss.

LAURA LEEEE *cries*
11 months ago DarkSarcasm said…
rainy
Fiiiiiiiinally finished S2.

And holy FUCK, what was that?