Random Unpopular Opinions!

uploaded900 posted on Nov 21, 2013 at 02:45AM
Rules:

* It has to be unpopular!! When I mean unpopular its sonething that most people disagree on and it isnt really a controversal topic.

* These are NOT examples! (ProLife/ProChoice, Anti/Pro Gay Marriage)

* No sexist, racist, homophobic, or faithist (yes thats a word) opinions

NEW RULE:

* You can be explicit as you want
last edited on Sep 22, 2017 at 12:24AM

Random 2382 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1201-1250 of 2382

over a year ago zanhar1 said…
I like Kpop and Jpop almost equally.
Riku114 commented…
XD I like them both, but I cant deny that I like KPop more generally speaking XD Same with JRock and KRock but JRock is better in this case XD over a year ago
over a year ago scarletunicorn said…
I never buy into "beauty" hype, in that I never think of women who the media always says "oh she's the most beautiful woman in the world" are that beautiful- people like Marylin Monroe or Angelina Jolie aren't really there in the beauty department for me. I guess beauty really depends on the eye of the beholder, and isn't something we should really held in some competitive fashion (unless it's our own personal thoughts e.g. "oh i think X is much prettier than Y, but Y is still charming".) I dunno, i think on a whole we value beauty way too much in our society.
uploaded900 commented…
It also annoys me how people get so mad like I'm devaluing someone, just because I don't think she's attractive. Also while this whole "We have to make every girl feel beautiful'' has good intentions, they're acting the best thing a girl can be to feel accepted is be beautiful, not being smart, talented, or having a great personality. over a year ago
over a year ago gtamike_TSGKK said…
I dislike apple, their products are so overpriced and i'm starting to believe that they make their products more easy to break.
over a year ago 8theGreat said…
I can't stand listening to recordings of a band playing live. Going to concerts is fun and I can see the merit of having a DVD or video of a band's live performance, but a recording of just the live audio? No. No no no. Can't do it.
over a year ago Articuno224 said…
When I was younger, I liked animals a lot more than humans.

Mainly because I didn't like anyone when I was in high-school and over time that just made me hate humans in general. But luckily I finally met people that I liked a few years after finishing high school, and that changed my view of people again. I guess I was just unlucky to be around all the kind of people that I don't like. And sometimes it seems like the more friendly type just don't want to be noticed.
Riku114 commented…
^Oh I was in the exact same place in elementary school over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
At the end of it at least over a year ago
over a year ago Articuno224 said…
smirk
When talking about coke, I actually love all the different types.
When talking about coke, I actually love all the different types.
CokeTheUmbreon commented…
Gimmee! over a year ago
I think Bellatrix is kind of a sympathetic character.
Articuno224 commented…
The only way I see that is because she loved Voldemort, and he never loved her back. There was not really any chance of them getting together like she wanted, but that's all. In every other aspect I think she's a very unsympathetic character. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
I think Azkaban and her time in it also makes her sympathetic. over a year ago
Articuno224 commented…
Oh, yeah that's understandable, I guess I just always saw her as a crazy person with no remorse, I love her character though and I really hated the dumb way that she was killed in the movie. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
xP She kinda is though lol. But somehow I still find her to be sympathetic. Yeah I also don't like how she was killed in the movie. over a year ago
over a year ago KataraLover said…
I think Batman is such a DULL character! I love the Batman world, the emotional aspects, the villains, and the other good guys, but Batman himself is absolutely DULL! His badass actions and tragic backstory are fine and good but his personality is something else, which in my opinion is boring! Give me Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, The Joker, Mr. Freeze, Alfred, Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, Damian Wayne/Robin (My favorite version of Robin), Dick Grayson/Nightwing (The only time I do love him as Robin is in Teen Titans), Two-Face, The Penguin, and so forth over Batman himself any day.
Articuno224 commented…
I actually agree about Bat-man himself being dull and all that, but not sure I agree with everything else. over a year ago
(Even if the spoilers are just a big hoax) I really like the plot of 'The Cursed Child'. And I love the idea of Bellatrix and Voldemort having a kid.
KataraLover commented…
When the hell did that happen? Didn't Bellatrix die? How could she of had a kid with Voldemort? Also isn't he dead too? over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Time travel AU thing that is supposedly going to be canon once the new book/play is released. over a year ago
over a year ago Renarimae said…
Besides representation, I don't think the Bechdel test really does anything for feminism. Mainly because a movie doesn't even have to be feminist or have great female characters to pass it. A movie with great, likable female characters will not the pass the test if it doesn't have at least two of them talking to each other about something other than a male character. A movie that satisfies all three requirements of the test will pass it even if the movie has female characters who are basically walking stereotypes, self-inserts for female writers, creators, and directors, or are just horrible and difficult to like, relate to, or sympathize with.
scarletunicorn commented…
Bingo over a year ago
over a year ago CokeTheUmbreon said…
My love for Pikachu is slowly dying.

Maybe it's because it's overrated.
My love for Pikachu is slowly dying.

Maybe it's because it's overrated.
I still think Pokémon Z shoulda been launched. Sun and Moon ain't all that great. Plus, Zygarde's forms were in high demand.
over a year ago Riku114 said…
Random has become really dumb as of late tbh.
Riku114 commented…
Actually Fanpop in general really. Im honestly only sticking around here cause its hard to leave somewhere youve been part of for four years and out of the sheer convenience of it. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Literally in the same boat. Random in particular went down hill when a certain someone made his comeback. over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
^Saaame. Im honestly just avoiding doing too much on here. I figure Fanpop is on one of its down periods. You know how it spikes up and down from party to snooze fest over a year ago
zanhar1_ commented…
Still many fanpopers are to persistent to leave unless they die over a year ago
I like the more lesser known artists more than the well known artists.

Examples: Volkan Saki, Kid Kaio.
While I don't think she's a brilliant actress by any means, I do think that Marilyn Monroe was a good actress. It's true that a lot of her roles do have her doing the same thing, which is mainly being sexy, but it's not her fault because that's all they would let her do. Whenever she did do serious acting, she was great at it but people actually criticized her for not doing her usual thing of just looking pretty and being sexy. It's true her acting range is pretty limited, but it's not like she didn't want to improve. Acting was the one thing that kept her mind off of the pain she had went through all her life. Her mother died when she was young, she never knew who her father was, she was in an orphanage for years where she was sexually abused, wanted to be a mother but kept having miscarriages, had mental illnesses, never could find the right man, and still felt like a little girl that wanted to be loved. I would be lying if I said I loved her acting as much as I do her personality and emotional struggle. Her acting definitely isn't the best, but she is talented, though there are MUCH more talented actresses and singers than her. However, I also still think she deserves to be the big Hollywood icon she is because she represents a lot of admirable things. She was able to get through the pain she went through of being sexually abused enough to where she could be comfortable with her sexuality. I find her to be very psychologically interesting.
over a year ago egyptprincess7 said…
In the Yandere Simulator game, one of my favorite characters happens to be Kokona Haruka. From the videos I have seen of the game most of them consist of the youtuber insulting or hating on her in some shape or form.
over a year ago ace2000 said…
I like my bed best when it's cold.
I don't think that The Room is so bad it's good. I just find it to be mind numbingly horrible!
Speaking as someone who has done this in the past, I don't think it's pathetic for people to make polls or questions asking if they're pretty or beautiful or handsome or whatever. I've heard people say that getting compliments like that are better from friends and family, but I have to disagree. It's true that compliments from them are nice, but speaking as someone who was really insecure about their looks during their teenage years, it's hard to know if they really mean that or are just saying that to be nice or they have to. A stranger is basically an impartial third party. If they tell you your good looking, at least in my opinion, it's easier to believe because you don't have doubts in your head that they're just saying that because their your friends or family or are just being nice or whatever.
Articuno224 commented…
Well said over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
I can agree with this. I just got annoyed with it way back when because at the time practically every other question in the answers section was 'am I pretty'? It just got old. over a year ago
I'm not that big into Disney, and I don't understand people's obsession with it. Don't get me wrong, there's a few Disney movies that I do like, but the lengths some people go with Disney is something that I don't quite understand. Maybe it's because Disney wasn't a huge part of my childhood?
(Also want to mention that I don't mean any disrespect and if you are one of the people that's really into Disney I'm not meaning to insult your interests or anything. XD I just personally don't understand it as all. You do you.)
uploaded900 commented…
Disney was my childhood but if you don't like it, it's totally fine! It really annoys me when people get butt hurt when someone dislikes something they like. over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
@8theGreat Im in the same boat. over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
This is basically how I feel about anime's over a year ago
SilentForce commented…
I agree over a year ago
I do not like beer or alcohol. I'm not saying this as one of those 'look at me I'm so pure and alcohol is for reckless people', but as someone who has tried quite a few kinds and brands and just doesn't like the taste. I found maybe one beverage that appealed to me, but the rest is just eh.
Articuno224 commented…
I agree completely! Alcohol and especially beer is EXTREMELY overrated from my perspective, I really hate the taste of beer. over a year ago
ImAnEasel commented…
Same here! Apart from the one beverage part. What drink was it? Perhaps I'll like it, and finally know what it's like to be drunk. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
It was like Seagrams Escapes. They're tropical wine coolers. They aren't as strong as a lot of alcohols. I mean they are but they aren't. They're more balanced? Like the alcohol doesn't over power the other flavoring. over a year ago
Renarimae commented…
Yeah, I decided that when I turn 21, I'm not gonna drink alcohol. The closest thing to alcohol I'll probably ever drink is the Bailey's Irish Cream Shake and that's about it. over a year ago
over a year ago TheLefteris24 said…
I never really understood why many fans of a specific series want a certain character(especially main ones or characters pretty close to them) to die just because it would make a ''Good Drama''. I understand the concept of getting stronger by overcoming your loss but it isn't like it's the only way for someone to attain real strength. Living onward with your loved ones, laughing and crying together. Getting stronger together. That's a way too !!!!
I think that does mean you watch fight vines, doesn't make you a better fighter.
Things like how relateable/likeable a character is, how well rounded/three-dimensional they are, whether or not they're a 'Mary Sue', their personality, backstory, and things like that are some of the least important aspects of determining how well written a character is in my opinion, even if a vast majority of discussions I see when talking about characters revolve around those things.

I could go on and on about the subject for paragraphs on end about why I think this and what I think makes a good character, but that'd get quite lengthy so I'll leave it at that for now. XD
last edited over a year ago
On tumblr this one is popular but on fanpop not so much.

I like Swan Queen.
uploaded900 commented…
I cant stand Swan Queen over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
I prefer them as friends. I just can't get over the fact that the two of them are step-grandmother and step-granddaughter. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Most people here don't like em. over a year ago
I don't think Sophia Loren or Brigitte Bardot were beautiful :/
over a year ago ImAnEasel said…
I find it difficult to get into pretty much any superhero franchise, be it Marvel or DC. I just don't seem to ever care about the characters enough to be interested. :/
uploaded900 commented…
Same over a year ago
Their movies are shit, but their old comics weren't so bad. over a year ago
I neither like or dislike Iggy Azalea. I'm not a fan of her music, but I also don't think she's bad or untalented. She's fine, and that's coming from someone who HATES rap music. Although, I do love her song Black Widow. Overall, my feelings on her are just neutral.
over a year ago AnxiousSoul said…
tongue
I hate the sound of a crumpled paper when it is used as an eraser on the blackboard.
over a year ago FalliNgSparks said…
I actually and seriously hate the band ONE DIRECTION. its so much overated.
BlindBandit92 commented…
It's not an unpopular opinion. People have been hating them since forever. over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
^ over a year ago
It doesn't make sense to me when people make a big deal about someone "thinking they're right about everything." Of course someone is going to think they're right about the things they believe in. If they thought they were wrong, why would they believe in what they did? It's an odd complaint to me.
BlindBandit92 commented…
They are saying that because they are trying to enforce their beliefs on someone else. Tbh if someone thought they were right about everything I wouldn't give one fuck about it as long as they didn't try to infringe on my beliefs,wishes,desires,etc. I mean people understand why they do it but it's the forcing of their beliefs that is highly irritated hence that phrase came about for some. For others they just don't wanna admit they are wrong so in reality the complainer might think they are right about everything and therefore dislike it when t is done to them. A myriad of reasons persists. over a year ago
A girl saying that she prefers tall guys over short guys is just as bad as a guy saying he prefers thin girls over fat girls.
8theGreat commented…
Tbh I don't think either is bad, personally. But that's just me. over a year ago
BlindBandit92 commented…
^ over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
^ over a year ago
No, not at all. "But what about the menz " over a year ago
I don't really take many selfies, but I don't find the practice of taking them to be inherently narcissistic or vain like a lot of people seem to.
uploaded900 commented…
I don't take them because I usually look ugly in photots over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
I only take them when Im bored cause I like taking photos of things when Im bored and if I cant find anything fun to take a photo of, I figure Im a subject that I could see for. over a year ago
ace2000 commented…
I take them because when other people take photos of me I look awful lol over a year ago
over a year ago Riku114 said…
I dont get why saying you prefer anything over anything in the appearance of your ideal partner is considered bad. I mean I guess it might be mean, but saying you like short people, tall people, blonde people, red heads, British people, Asian people, fat people, skinny people its just saying what you like.

Saying you ABSOLUTELY wont date someone who isnt fitting of something or is fitting of a certain thing I can see as being bad, but just stating preferences is honest opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has their own unique taste and of course certain traits are more attractive than others.
Riku114 commented…
Btw KataraLover, this isnt meant to be an attack on your statement or anything. I was just putting something that your statement made me think of over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
No offense taken at all. I agree with you. It's just that I'm annoyed how society treats a women rejecting a short guy because of his height as alright but if a man rejects a fat woman it's terrible. While I don't think those should be major deciding factors of being with someone, I do think that one should be with someone they're attracted to as well as for their personality. People do like what they like. over a year ago
Renarimae commented…
^Yeah, it's a very annoying double standard. If a guy doing something is going to be condemned, then a girl doing the same thing or a similar thing should be too. It's kind of like how if a girl rejects a guy she's not attracted to, she's being a strong, independent woman, but if a guy rejects a girl he's not attracted to, he's a shallow a-hole. Society can be so stupid sometimes. over a year ago
over a year ago FalliNgSparks said…
Disney Princesses are loved by kids,no doubt. But the adults and teens still love them and r obsessed with them it makes me really annoying!!!!
BlindBandit92 commented…
How it is anymore annoying than other fandoms. So when you grow up. You're gonna to automatically stop liking a fandom because of your age group? You're letting society dictate the proper protocol which is dumb. You should be able to like something without someone else getting o your case about it. Provided if it is an extreme issue like they are assholes about it. I can see how it is annoying but if they are enjoying their favorite thing and you're bothered by it. Theoretically if you're for this mindset. Anything you're obsessed with that is deemed too childish when you're older you need to drop it. over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
"it makes me really annoying" It kinda does make you annoying tbh. Had to point out that grammar mistake as not being that much of a mistake... lel. over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
Outside of that, Blind took my words over a year ago
I don't like Lady Gaga's, Katy Perry's, P!nk's, or Madonna's voices.
Starfox2000 commented…
Lol, agreed! I used to listen Katy Perry, but she went downhill for me... over a year ago
FalliNgSparks commented…
Katy & Pink voices r really great! over a year ago
ace2000 commented…
^ I like their music but I judge voices based on how beautiful and powerful they are. IMO Katy and P!nk have power but not beauty in their voices. over a year ago
ace2000 commented…
Same for Lady Gaga. She's better than Katy and P!nk but not by much. Madonna's voice is too nasal for my taste. over a year ago
I don't like soda. Not because it's unhealthy (because I'm always completely content to gorge myself on ice cream), but because of the carbonation.
Lexa from the 100 is alright but I really don't get why people love her so much. So far anyhow.
I don't really like Alicia Keys' voice. *cries*
Everyone that likes anime seems to either love or hate Sword Art Online, but I'm neutral towards it.
zanhar1 commented…
Same over a year ago
over a year ago SwordofIzanami said…
I've seen worse fictional fathers than Shou Tucker...
over a year ago simpleplan said…
I think its stupid when people join fandom because there popular at the time and they don't really care for its content.
SwordofIzanami commented…
You wanna give me an example? I'm kinda curious. over a year ago
simpleplan commented…
Like when People see that most people likes something (ex: Harry Potter) there in turn like it tell is not popular. There kind of in the moment fans I can understand outgrowing something but they kind of fan hope. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Ah yes the bandwagoners. And suddenly when the hype dies they were never a fan at all. over a year ago
Same. This is a problem that plagues tumblr over a year ago
over a year ago Renarimae said…
I don't think any of the Disney Princesses are sexist or anti-feminist.
It's weird to me to describe someone as having a great personality. It's such a vague and subjective phrase that it tells me nothing about the person being described. That and I don't think good or bad personalities exist- just people that you'll personally like and people that you won't personally like. It's a lazy and half-assed way to describe someone and it's weird to me.
I dint know how unpopular this is but offline I have yet to meet someone who agrees; short hair is more attraction on women and long hair is more attractive to me on men.
uploaded900 commented…
For me it all depends on the person over a year ago
rupsa commented…
I have to agree with you about it. Because usually men has short hair and women long so if we see the opposite of course it will attract us. over a year ago
ace2000 commented…
For me that depends on their face shape :) over a year ago
SilentForce commented…
I have a thing for anime guys with long hair XD.When it comes to real life dudes it kinda depends on the person over a year ago
over a year ago rupsa said…
I don't know how everyone will see this but still I am expressing it.
Most of the time in any series or movies or animes or in games I fall for the villain rather than the hero or protagonist.
zanhar1 commented…
Me too. Villains are infinitely better. over a year ago
I don't quite understand why Misa Amane gets so much hate. I personally never disliked her character and I thought she had her good moments in the Death Note series, and I certainly think she was necessary for the plot.
SilentForce commented…
I don't understand why she gets so much hate either.I personally always liked her character and there were times when she was very necessary for the plot. over a year ago
Same over a year ago
over a year ago cruella said…
I think the world in general is way too sex obsessed. Before you start saying things like, "that's just because you're asexual and don't have any interest in it," like I've heard many people say, listen to me. It seems like ever where I turn there is something sexual. People are always trying to find, subliminal sex messages in kids movies, and making up sexual fan theories that make no sense. You can't even post a picture of a male and female character together, without people thinking that they're having an affair. I just got done explaining to someone on a different site that a picture that I had done, of Scrooge and Minnie hugging, by no means meant the they were in a sexual relationship; even though I had clearly stated that "they're friends" in the discription.
simpleplan commented…
So true I seen a lot of that on Tumblr and other sites. over a year ago
BlindBandit92 commented…
First off the fact you care so much about what others think says something. People will always do that. Whether it is logical or not. Dirty-minded people exist. How we use our dirty minds is another thing entirely. Ya you're asexual so you notice alot of it. I am pretty sure anyone who is a minority would notice the majority. Like honestly why do you even care? I have a huge issue with stupid people but they won't just randomly stop being stupid over a year ago
x-Yumi-x3 commented…
I agree, everything is to sexualized. There was a guy that posted a picture of him and his daughter having a family kiss and people freaked out, how is kissing your daughter sexual? Women can't eve breast feed their kids because boobs are over sexualized. But the reason for it is that sex sells and everyone likes sex so that's why it's everywhere. The world didn't use to be like that, but now it's outrageous. over a year ago
over a year ago BlindBandit92 said…
I have honestly no idea why people seek to use overrated or similar words pertaining to it as a validation of their argument. It's like just because it's not for you doesn't mean it's overrated? I don't understand demonizing things that are not inherently bad if you dislike them. I'd demonize the person if they are stupid rather than the thing.
BlindBandit92 commented…
I don't even demonize ships (provided they aren't extreme case) and I don't exactly enjoy them that much but even still. I'd demonize the person whose a crazy shipper rather than the concept. over a year ago
Because people care too much about what others think over a year ago
BlindBandit92 commented…
^It is still idiotic regardless. over a year ago
zanhar1_ commented…
You’re being close minded again over a year ago
over a year ago JaxxSkelliton said…
Everyone is putting up really intelligent opinions that can lead to debates but I'm new and don't care enough so...
The Jonas Brothers weren't half bad.