LillyBlack Eos Fantasy RP

LillyBlack posted on May 29, 2023 at 01:31AM
Within the ground of the beautiful planet of Eos flows a strong magical energy that moves throughout all of the lands and nature. On this planet of Eos, there’s a region of land largely dominated by a Capital City, Selfarion, and its surrounding cities: Yeres, Aralos, and Easea. Within each of these cities is an enormous tree that emits abundant amounts of magical energy. There’s a phenomenon that states that each tree was grown by its respective gods in order to encourage advancement in humanity and further the potential of mankind. These trees, it has become the central source of magical energy for these neighboring cities and has been the reason why they have prospered. Controlled by the Central Council located in Selfarion, the cities Aralos, Easea, and Yeres have all formulated their own guilds in order to not only protect their own cities but to come together and protect all their lands as a whole!

Selfarion, The Capital City
Native God: Selfarion, God of Fortune
Noble Family: The Walker’s
Elite Families:
The Forrester’s
The Voss’
Central Council Members:
Kaius Ida
Claudia Steel
Kurota Jaeger
Rylon Alves

Yeres, The City by the High Mountains
Native Goddess: Yelena, Goddess of Earth
Tank Guild of Yeres Members:
Guildmaster Kurota Jaeger, the Dark Knight
Available Guild Classes:
Warrior
Paladin
Gunlancer

Aralos, The City by the Mystical Forest
Native God: Arafel, God of Nature
Damage Guild of Aralos Members:
Guildmaster Rylon Alves, the Swordmaster
Available Guild Classes:
Berserker
Assassin
Archer
Dark Mage

Easea, The City by the Elegant Sea
Native Goddess: Elysia, Goddess of the Seas
Support Guild of Easea Members:
Guildmaster Claudia Steel, the High Mage
Available Guild Classes:
White Mage
Sage
Summoner
Scholar
Bard

Other Places
Village of Astrola (Between Selfarion/Aralos and Yeres)

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Personality:
Guild: (only if you’re in one)
Class: (if in guild)
Bio:

Characters
Ize Konda
Marlene Steel

**wanna mention that you can also put your class as "unclassified" if there's something unique you wanna do but doesn't fit under any of the available classes... or we can always add new ones too**
last edited on Jun 18, 2023 at 07:26AM

LillyBlack 583 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 583

6 months ago TheAdventGhost said…
Ize: ...... *He thought about it* When I saw her that night..... There was a mark on her face... A sword with wings along the hilt.. On her right cheek...
Yuma: Sword with wings? Now that's peculiar... Think there could be another?
Ize: Maybe.... I don't know... But, that's something that should distinguish her a bit more...
Yuma: Well, at least there's that... I doubt the people in Yeres are just branded with that kind of marking... Appreciate that, now we aren't looking so blindly..
6 months ago LillyBlack said…
"Makes me wonder what that mark could possibly mean... A group maybe..?" Marlene then shook her head, "Forget that, that's just questions for later. We need to start making our way over there. You think you're ready for this Ize?"
(I'm down for a mini time-skip to Yeres if you are btw. ^^)
Ize: ... I have to be.... I'm not letting her get away with what happened that day...
Yuma: We've got your back... Remember that..
Ize: *He nodded* Right.....
*They then left the inn, making their way to Yeres. They'd make it to Yeres and see the town's sites*
Yuma: You know... If we're lucky enough, we could meet Kurota...
Ize: ...... *He looked around the town* The town's moving as normal...
Yuma: That's a good thing isn't it?
Ize: .... To a degree... But something feels.... Wrong...
Yuma: Like what?
Ize: [Why do I feel like this? What's going on with this town?] *He looked up and as if in an instant, he drew his Daggers and clashed blades with another figure*
Yuma: [Were they?!]
Ize: *He then pushed the figure out of the clash, he saw the brand on the figure's face, but the face of the figure made his eyes widen* No way in hell....
Yuma: Ize, who is that? Is that Yuka?
Ize: No.... That's not Yuka.... Sis?
???: ..... Sis? I don't have a brother....
Ize: What? The hell do you mean?!! Isana!
Isana: I have no siblings... All of my family is dead....
"It's the same exact emblem he described before but it's.. his sister!? Are the two incidents connected?" Marlene questioned. "Either she's been brainwashed of the whole thing or.... She's be a part of it this entire time.."
Marlene stood in a defensive stance, "Clearly you can't be too sure of that if your brother's standing right in front of you! Wanna dig into that memory of yours a little more?"
Isana: Don't you talk to me about things you don't know of... I was powerless when they broke in! I lost everything!:Everyone!!!
Ize: But you didn't Isana... I'm standing right here... I'm still alive..
Isana: If that's the case... Then she didn't do a good job in eliminating you.. Either that, or I'm seeing his ghost..
Ize: Eliminating me? [She couldn't possibly be..] How would you even know about that? You were missing at that time!
???: Because that's when the grand plan began to go into motion. *Saying as the figure emerged next to Isana* That's when she came to us... You know.... It's almost a welcome sight.... Seeing you did survive... I guess bringing Isana to the Ascended Swords wasn't a complete waste then!
Ize: *He began to piece together the figure. When he did see her, his blood came to a boil* I'm ending this now! *He said as he rushed in* Yuka!!!! *He said going for a swing at her, only for Isana to defend her and push Ize back* Ah!!!
Yuma: What in the...... So you're...
Yuka: Fate truly has a way!! It delights me to see you again...
Ize: Can't say the feeling's mutual...
Marlene clenched her fists, "So that's the Yuka I've heard so much shit about... I can stay by Ize for support, or I can give Isana a little a distraction...." She thought.
Marlene didn't even bother acknowledging Yuka and her first immediate reaction was to look at Yuma, "This is Ize's fight and Ize's fight only. If Isana wants to be on defense for Yuka, we can't just keep her here and slow down Ize. I'm thinking one of us could drag her out and look after her... What do ya think, Yuma?" Marlene asked him, purposely speaking like as if Isana wasn't standing right there.
Marlene thought to herself again, "Whatever we do, Isana just has to be pushed back for now... Even with her against us like this, I highly doubt Ize would want her hurt.."
Isana: Just what are you trying to plan?!
Yuma: It sounds like a plan.... But....
Isana: Don't you hear this, "brother"? If I'm your sister, then no one should dare to harm me.
Yuma: [She's trying to manipulate him..]
Ize: Is that right? *He closed his eyes* [Marlene wants me to get this.... If she's gotten me this far... I doubt she wants to hurt my family...] *He opened his eyes* Yuma... Just follow my lead....
Yuma: Ize?
Ize: Just trust me... *He dashed forward, Yuma following behind him*
Yuma: [What's going through that head of yours?]
*Isana then stayed in front of Yuka, Ize took to the air, while Yuma was close by, then clashing blades with Isana*
Yuma: Now I see....
Ize: Marlene, Yuma... Whatever magic you can work to hold her, you better start using it.. *He said then diving for Yuka and crossing Daggers with her*
Yuka: But she's your sister? What if they hurt her? How will you ever forgive yourself if something happens to her?
Ize: I've had enough of your bullshit Yuka.. Don't you dare to be one to talk about family when you murdered your own!!! They wouldn't hurt her!!
Yuma: I've got this... *He then got Isana out of the clash, pushing her away from Yuka and Ize*
Yuka: You're still that same gullible boy I met.... You have no idea why I did what I had to do.. Grandfather was going to use you as a weapon. You keep placing your trust in people and you have no idea how long it'll last..
"Oh shut up, Yuka..." Marlene held out her arm and a spark came from her hand, flying almost instantaneously towards Isana and paralyzing her for a few seconds. She walked closer to Yuma and Isana as she spoke, "Blaming him for putting his trust in people-- maybe you're all just assholes! What do you except out of someone who lost everything!? I wouldn't bother listening to a word Yuka says, Ize... Whatever her grandfather's intentions were, she still killed him and proceeded to target you afterwards... Stories don't seem to line up to me." As Marlene came closer to Isana, she snapped her fingers causing her grimoire to practically fly out of her bag and float around her. For stronger restraint, she released Isana from being paralyzed and then summoned two 'ropes' of darkness from her grimoire to wrap around the arms of Isana. "And you're even more confusing.."
(Holy, this turned out longer than I thought.)
Yuma: [Whoa, this girl's got some magic...]
Yuka: You say I killed him, like I would've had any other choice... I tried my damnedest to convince him otherwise... Wait, you never even knew he wanted to use you.
Ize: These mind games of yours... Shut up.. If any of that mattered you would've never tried to kill me. *He said then swiping at her, which was defended*
Isana: ...... *She looked at Marlene* What have I told you about trying to talk about things you don't know about...*She tried to struggle out of it, but couldn't get herself free* Let me go!!!
Yuma: Trust us, it's for your own good Isana... [And Ize's..]
Ize: [Thabk you...]
Isana: *She continued to try and struggle her way out* I said, let.. Me.. Go...
Yuma: Isana.... Why don't you believe that's Ize?
Isana: Ize died.... Along with my parents....I felt powerless that all I could do was run.... I couldn't protect them... I wasn't like dad... So.. Killing the reaper in front of us.... That way they may find peace...
Yuma: The reaper... *He then looked at Ize* A long while back, I heard about that name... an assassin known as The Reaper... Isana... You were brainwashed to believe he's this Reaper... if he is, then he's a Reaper that's for his people...
Isana: No..... He's.... *As she thought about, a pain shot through her* No.... Get... Out of my....
Ize: *He turned to look at Isana* Fight it Isana...
Yuka: Focus on me... *She said, swinging her blade while his back was turned*
Ize: [There was always one thing about you Yuka.... You called everyone else gullible... But even you should know..] *Using his instinct, he dodged her blade and stabbed her right in the chest*
Yuka: *She coughed blood, then looking at Ize* You..... Your eyes....... You haven't given up your humanity yet........
Ize: What are you talking about?
Yuka.: They were wrong...... More importantly, I was wrong...
Ize: .... Enough.... *He stabbed her again, this time ending her*
last edited 6 months ago
(That's what makes it even better!)
With Ize taking his final stab, Marlene released Isana from the dark ropes. Immediately she gently touched Isana's forehead, putting her into a deep sleep. Before Isana could fall, Marlene caught her in her arms and carried her. "You finally did it, Ize.. I wanna be able to give you a bigger and better congrats, but..." She looked at Isana in her arms, "We still got her to worry about. I can only keep her like this for so long, so we should bring her somewhere safe."
Ize: Isana..... *He ran over to them, seeing Isana asleep in Marlene's arms* ...... You're going to be alright sis.... Promise....
Yuma: Ize..... *Looking at Isana, she seemed at peace while she was asleep.*
Ize: She... She was trying to fight it, whatever it was...
Yuma: She was telling someone or something to get out of her head... What could it have been?
Ize: .....
???: Excuse me....
Ize: Hm? *He then looked at the man with short dark blue hair*
???: Is she alright? Isana...
Ize: You know her?
???: I used to care for her.... She needed a place to stay...
Ize: ....... *He looked at him with a bit of suspicion* Alright, who are you?
???: Oh, sorry. My name is Veras...
Yuma: No lie, cool name...
Veras: *He looked at Ize* You have her eyes... From what she talked about, I didn't think I'd see the day I'd meet her brother..
Yuma: As fun as this whole talk is, we should probably head to your place... Then we'll have time for more proper introductions..
Ize: Here, I'll take Isana.. *He said, getting Isana and carrying her piggyback with her head on his shoulder*
Veras: Right... Come on, just follow me... *He said, beginning to make way to his house as they followed*
Ize: [This guy...... If he's taken care of my sister....] Do you have feelings for her?
Veras: *While facing forward, he did blush slightly* Perhaps.. Once I got Isana out of her shell... She turned out to be quite the personality. But, she had always talked about how she needed to be stronger.. So that she wouldn't lose anyone else in her life..
Marlene sweatdropped, "Funny how the two siblings think completely differently when it comes to coping.." She said, referring to how Ize would consistently push people away before. "Anyways.. I keep thinking about how you said you 'used care for her.' What happened that caused you to not look after her anymore? I could only assume something happened before she joined Ascended Swords unless I got the story all wrong..."
Veras: Well. to start.. She came to Yeres and seemed like she hadn't stopped running. She never rested her whole way here... I saw it all over her when she got here... She'd passed out upon entry to Yeres, she'd been crying so much on her way here... Even in her weakened state, she did nothing but apologize.. I'd known she wasn't talking about me... When she came to, that's when it was confirmed she hadn't eaten for a while. We got introduced, and she got me up to speed on what happened. Family dead, and she hadn't seen her little brother. She'd honestly assumed the worst.... But, I did reassure her as much as I could that there was a possibility you did survive. Day by day, I tried to give her a glimmer of hope.. I got her there day by day.. The day I finally got a smile out of her, it was one of the greatest days of living. Though one day.... Those people with the sword tattoo brands came... They seemed like they were after her, and were almost willing to use me to get to her.
Ize: Hold on, after Isana?!
Veras: Isana gave herself to them to assure that I'd be safe...
Ize: You couldn't fight to protect her?!
Yuma: I know you're her brother, but cut Veras some slack... Besides, I don't see much as a weapon on the guy..
Veras: I'm more of a stay at home medic and cook..
Yuma: See, he took care of her.. That should count for something..
Veras: Though, I guess with it being years.. I could understand the frustration. Your emotions aren't unjustified.. Though, after that day.... I'd never see her again... Until now....
*They then made it to Veras' house*
Veras: *He then opened the door, letting them inside and watching Ize rest her body on the sofa*
Ize: ........ I'm not without thanks Veras.... You kept her alive, and I'm in your debt..
Veras: *He shook his head* Believe me, I was more than happy to meet her and make her smile..
Marlene followed them into the house, "I wonder why the Ascended Swords are so connected to all of this... But, I guess that's something only Isana can answer for us now. In hopes she doesn't wake up hostile..." She looked to Veras, "Originally I was going to look after her, but considering you're a medic you can take over, right? Plus, she might not be so hostile if she wakes up to you."
Ize: ...... [Two people in my life became Ascended Swords.....] I just... I can't help but feel connected to this.
Yuma: What? Come on Ize, you're nowhere near affiliated with them.
Ize: I may not be affiliated, but there's factors that seem strange.. My parents get killed, Isana goes "missing" and ends up with them.. Yuka kills her gramps and she becomes part of them as well..
Yuma: They can't have a link right?
Ize: Isana mentioned... The Reaper...
Yuma: Ize no...
Ize: Yuka's grandfather knew something about me..
Yuma: Please don't tell me you're entertaining her..
Ize: Yuka mentions her grandfather wanted to use me as a weapon.. Isana mentions the Reaper.... That can't be a coincidence... Plus..... Before she died, she mentioned me giving up my humanity...
Yuma: Because you aren't this Reaper.. You're Ize Konda, an assassin of the Blackened Daggers.. And I won't be told otherwise....
*As the conversation went, Isana slowly began to wake up.. Opening her eyes and seeing where she was*
Isana: This is....
Ize: Isana..
Isana: *She sat up, seeing Ize made her eyes widen* Ize.... You...
Ize: I guess long time no see is in order... *She stood up and ran to him and immediately hugged him tightly* More than a long time no see then..
Yuma: [It's good to see then reunited.. Ize.....]
Isana: After mom and dad.. I... I just didn't know....
Ize: It's alright sis, baby brother's been taking care of himself... Though, I guess I did have some help.. *He said as Isana released the hug, looking and Yuma and Marlene*
Yuma: Sup, name's Yuma.. The girl with the red hair is Marlene Steel, and she's potentially your sister in law.. *He said teasing*
Ize: Not even my girlfriend Yuma...
Isana: It's nice to meet you, I give you my thanks for sticking with Ize..
Marlene chuckled at Yuma's comment. "You have a real grumpy little brother, but I wouldn't change a thing about him.. I'm more than happy to stick around with him." She said with a smile. She then scratched the back of her head, "Uh, sorry about keeping you restricted though.. I mean, anything to help you guys out, right?"
Isana: *She shook her head* Judging by the fact that I'm here, I guess that means the magic is wearing off...
Ize: Magic? You mean the brainwashing..
Isana: Ize..... I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way..
Ize: It's fine, besides... Marlene and Yuma assured that you didn't get hurt either..
Yuma: Ize, if he would've seen so much as a scratch.... I probably wouldn't have heard the end of it..
Ize: If I believed you would've hurt her, then I wouldn't have trusted you..
Isana: Ize.....
Ize: Yuka wanted to get into my head, but I knew better...
Isana: Yuka... She's...
Ize: Gone... After everything that happened....
Isana: When we first met, she wouldn't stop talking about you. I guess that was something we had in common..
Ize: That didn't stop her from killing her own grandfather...
Isana: She always believed you could break the curse of ascension... She said that you have the potential to end this..
Ize: ..... She mentioned her grandfather saw me as a weapon...
Isana: The Ascended Swords have killed the people they've seen as destined reapers.. But you.....
Yuma: So... The Reaper isn't a malevolent factor...
Isana: It's always how things look from the outside perspective... The Ascended Swords is a cult following a false prophet.. And I fell for their trap...
Ize: I'm sure they made their empty promises... Power or whatever it may be..
Isana: She always mentioned, that if anyone was worth killing her... It was you..
Ize: Of course she did... She killed her grandfather and then sent me to die..
Yuma: .... Hold on... You don't think... She could've been brainwashed at that point do you? Her grandfather saw you as a means to end the Ascended Swords and he ended up dead... I don't believe that as a coincidence.
"I... I don't really like how plausible that sounds... Because if that really could be the case, then the entire encounter with her could've been avoidable. Or at the very least, it could've played out differently..." Marlene sat down on the sofa, trying to think it all over.
She then thought to herself, "Yuka definitely could've been brainwashed... But, it was overlooked because we were all so quick to look at it as betrayal...."
last edited 6 months ago
Yuma: Ize?
Ize: .Yuka.... *He closed his eyes, then opening them back* Isana.... Any idea who runs this whole thing?
Isana: I never got a name... Whoever's the head of it all, they've never revealed their identity.. they just calls themselves the One True Prophet...
Yuma: Way to be full of yourself huh....
Ize: I'm gonna finish this...
Yuma: Wait a second Ize... This person is some prophet, I know they sound crazy.. But we don't know what tricks could be coming our way..
5 months ago LillyBlack said…
"One True Prophet.... Why does that oddly sound familiar..?" Marlene thought.
She then spoke, "Not to mention, they already see you as a target. Going up to their front doorstep only makes things easier for them, Ize.. We can't just keep running into things blind. If we want to do this right, we have to take our time and get as much info as we can... That being said...." Marlene looked to Isana, "You're closest thing we have to this 'One True Prophet.' Is there anything else you could tell us about him?"
5 months ago TheAdventGhost said…
Isana: The prophet.... Well.. His face is never shown... He always keeps a mask on..
Ize: A mask....
Isana: Black mask with a golden detailing..
Yuma: Wow, he's some prophet...
Isana: He doesn't leave his cathedral.... Claiming that's how he gets his gift from Eos..
Yuma: .... Crazy question, but how has the guild not hopped in? They're meant to be protecting the town...
Isana: ...... Because Yeres is merely a base of operation... Not a stomping ground...
Yuma: I get it... They get people outside of Yeres, bring them here.. Most of the threats to the Ascended Swords are outside of here...
Isana: ... But, Ize's here now....
Ize: I came in, we fought... Then.... *He shook his head*
Yuma: Ize....
Ize: I'm fine... But...... You mentioned a cathedral... Is it true he never leaves it?
Isana: For the most part... He claims he has a link to it...
Ize: Simple, we head to the cathedral, kill this bastard prophet..
Yuma: [He's not thinking straight. Ize...] Why? You can't rush this..
Isana: Not to mention, he's recruited quite the numbers...
Ize: I'm stronger than I was a couple years back....
Yuma: Ize..... It's about Yuka isn't it...
Ize: The hell do you-
Yuma: The second we mentioned the idea of Yuka being brainwashed... Something in you shifted... It wasn't on you... None of it was... You can't be rash about this.
"Ize... This entire situation turned out to be way more twist and turns than we would've ever expected. Even now, we still don't know if Yuka was actually brainwashed to begin with, so you can't just let that lean on your mind." Marlene stood up from the sofa and stood in front of Ize with her hands on her hips, "But, fine. If that's lingering on your mind now.. Would Yuka want you to be so rash about this situation? Would Yuka want you to just run right towards the One True Prophet with the rest of their members? Would Yuka want you to just die for absolutely nothing after what just happened?" Marlene sighed, "Ize, what's done is done. Yuka herself said you were the only one worth killing her, so at the very least you fulfilled that much for her. But, if you want to do even more, we have to be smart if we want to take down Ascended Swords as a whole. If Yuka was truly brainwashed, do this right for her rather than acting on your emotions..."
Ize: ....... Fine.... But that prophet is mine... When it's all said and done, I'm finishing him off..
Yuma: Believe me, we won't deny you of that.. Like with Yuka, we'd thought you needed that closure.. It'll be no different here..
Isana: All we ask is that you don't do this recklessly... Besides.... *She hugged him again* I'm not losing my brother again.. Thinking I'd lost you before was hard enough...
Ize: .... Sorry..... It's just.... Piecing these things together.. Finding out something new at every turn..
Isana: It'll be alright..... We just need to do this the right way.. Especially if we want to do right by Yuka...
"We have to do right by Yuka and prevent this from happening to anyone else... If both you and Yuka were brainwashed into this, who knows how many other people in that group experienced the same... It's sick...." Marlene sat back down on the sofa. "So there's the One True Prophet and their precious little Cathedral... Do you know what it's usually like there? How protected is it?"
Isana: Very guarded... *She then pointed to the tattoo on her* This... This is essentially the way in.... I'll have to go back alone..
Yuma: You won't be considered a traitor when you go back?
Isana: *She shook her head* As long as I've got the mark, I just need to continue to do what I can from the inside.... Unless... *She looked between Yuma and Marlene* Call me crazy, but would you two like to participate in an undercover mission?
Yuma: Nuh uh!! No way!! I'm not going in there and being hypnotized by those cultists.. Absolutely not!!!
last edited 5 months ago
"Oh? Yuma says no, but I'm all in. Better than just one person going in there, right?" Marlene said with a growing smirk. "I don't think they're all hypnotized or brainwashed, but hell if they wanna try... I'd like to think I'd be hard to get through."
Yuma: ...... Damn it....
Isana: Well, all you have to do is act like you follow their cause.... Just act like you believe in him ascending Eos' chosen ones.
Yuma: I don't like being a yes man to a lunatic....
Isana: Well, you got any ideas on how we get closer?
Yuma: .....
Isana: Well, looks like I've got my two new recruits...
Ize: And where do I fit into this?
Isana: Simple.... We're bringing you to our dear Prophet.
Ize: So you're just giving me to him?
Isana: This is about the closest shot you have at getting close to him and not being attacked on entry..
Ize: *He sighed* If this is the best option.. Then I suppose refusal isn't an option.
"It's better than your idea of going straight at him, don't ya think?" Marlene stood up from the sofa, "Alright! If that's our plan, what's a better time than now? To the Prophet, Isana's still targeting Ize right about now. To make things a little easier for us, I can work on creating a barrier around the Cathedral, so whatever happens inside stays inside. No outside entries unless they have enough aether to break through it."
(I realized we never established like a term for the magical energy in Eos, soo just to keep it simple I'll call it aether ^^)
(I'm all for it.)
Isana: Perfect... So, looks like there's finally an idea to take down the bastard. Who knows, maybe in doing this we may see something interesting..
Yuma: Oh? And what would that be?
Isana: If Ize truly is this Reaper, then that means he has quite the power.
Ize: Yeah, but power like that doesn't come without a catch...
Isana: I wouldn't doubt... It probably takes quite a bit of aether to use...
Yuma: Well, Disciple Isana.. Let's get going.. Wouldn't want to keep our lord Prophet waiting any longer..
Isana: Right... With the plan set, we're ready to begin..
*They got ready, and made way to the cathedral. At first, Isana was pretending to have captured Ize. However, once they made their way to the cathedral there was a shift. The glass of the cathedral was broken and doors broken off. Many of the guards that were anticipates to be there were already dead and lots of blood had been shed*
Isana: Hang on a sec....
Yuma: What, in the hell?
Isana: [This feeling.... But.. There's no way..]
Ize: ........ This, wasn't part of the plan right?
Isana: No...
*Looking close enough, someone was fighting with the masked man known as The True Prophet, but the qho was the more shocking part*
Ize: Yuka...... How the hell did she?
Yuma: She shouldn't be alive.... Right?
Prophet: Isana my Disciple!! You've finally returned, and with him no less..
Isana: Master...
Yuka: This bastard isn't our master... And...... He's not getting Ize...
Yuma: What changed? She's alive? Was she healed?
Isana: Not even I'm sure...
Prophet: You have no chance, traitor.... Bring me the Reaper, and perhaps I'll let other two heretics live! *He used wind magic to keep up with Yuka's slashes and not budging an inch*
Yuma: [We're already compromised.] Shit... [Seeing the way he's fighting Yuka, his magic prowess must be what he's calling his gift from Eos..]
Marlene looked around the scene, trying to piece everything together. "Forget how she came back.. It barely even feels like the same Yuka! Everything about that encounter before felt so fast, yet she took down basically everyone here and held back the Prophet...." She thought to herself.
Marlene instantly reverted her focus back on Yuka and the Prophet, pushing away her thoughts. "Whatever, as far as I care right now, we're all here for the same damn reason!!" She closed her eyes to focus on her energy, forming a barricade around the entire perimeter of the Cathedral. "There's no way I'll him break through this damn barrier.. You can't let him discourage you!"
last edited 5 months ago
Isana: .....
Yuka: Nice barrier Red....
Yuma: [Don't tell me.. Is she where he gets that from?]
Yuka: But now I've got something even more spectacular.. Or rather, he does..
Isana: Huh?
Yuka: Hey... You wanted the Reaper right.... How about I introduce ya?
Yuma: What is she up to?
*Ize then moved closer to the action, standing next to Yuka*
Ize: What do you have in mind here?
Yuka: There's so much we have to talk about..But first... *A seal with a hooded skull appeared on her back, and the same seal also appeared on Ize's shoulder* Link complete!
Prophet: What is this?!
Yuka: Time for your worst nightmare to be realized.. Reaper Seal Active, remove Aether limiter!
*As Yuka continued, Ize began to envelop an aura around him, power coursing through him*
Yuka: Reveal your true form to this world and crush the enemy in front of us!
*Ize's aura began to spiral around him releasing outward like a heavy gust of wind*
Yuma: What the hell?!!!! I know we were going with the reaper angle but....
Prophet: You're the one... It's been you all along Yuka...
Yuka: Let's end this.....
*After the aura calmed down, it revealed Ize with white hair and azure blue eyes as well as markings going down his body from his face down to his arms and legs*
Yuma: I knew he was good at being an assassin... But this.... This kind of power...
Prophet: It doesn't matter, the divine light shall be your end! *He said, summoning a blade only for it to get sliced out of his hand and he got kicked back against the wall* You....
Ize: *He then walked in front of him* These past couple of years.... It'd been you... You're the reason gramps died... You're the reason Yuka and I suffered... *He said, then stabbing him* Your light has failed you.... Eos never chose you. It was nothing more than a delusion you built to make yourself higher than human.. It'll never be possible for a human to become a god.
"That form is incredible...." Marlene stood by Yuma so that Yuka and Ize could have their moment against the Prophet. She still kept the barrier intact although she knew they probably didn't need it anymore.
"Could this finally be the end of all their torment?" Marlene thought.
Prophet: *Even while Ize had him stabbed, all he did was laugh*
Yuka: The hell's so funny?
Prophet: You say Eos didn't choose me... What could you know about being chosen?!!
Ize: You're right, I don't know a thing about being chosen by the world itself.... But I know now what it's like to have power... Untapped power.... I'm not the same boy that watched his parents die..
Yuka: And I'm no longer the same girl that watched her grandfather die, and nearly watched her friend get killed for it..
Prophet: So what?! You two gonna get a room now?!! Anyone that had to die, died because Eos itself ordained it. *Soon after he said that, his hand sliced off by Ize*
Ize: I've heard enough of your bullshit.. It may be the world's sick twisted plan for people to die...... That much I get...... But coming from you, they're words of a psychopath..
Isana: Ize......
Ize: *He then stabbed him again, this time straight through the heart* Isana ran away from home, you threatened her friend and she went with you out of the fear of someone else's life.. SO SPARE ME THIS EOS ORDAINED BULLSHIT!!!
Yuka: Hm..... So tell me, did Eos ordain this? Did it prophesize that you'd die for nothing...
Prophet: For nothing? I die following Eos' will... If it's the will of the world.... Then so be it...
Yuka: Despite the fact that judgment says you'll be going to hell...
Prophet: What?
Yuka: Just like Eos ordains what happens with the living...
Ize: The reaper ordains what happens with the dead! *He said with one last slice, cutting the prophet's head off*
"It's... it's all officially over....." Marlene took a deep breath as she collasped the barrier that surrounded the Cathedral. She approached a little closer to Yuka and and Ize, "You guys did it!! How does it all feel?"
She then thought to herself, "Sure there's still some question to be answered like Yuka's sudden appearance and this form, but.... I'm still glad the big problem of it all is gone now.."
Ize: Probably the most liberating feeling I've felt in my entire life.. *He then reverted back to his normal form, but after he reverted it hit him fast and he was down on his knee*
Yuka: Ize...
Ize: I'm fine...... It's just..... First time tapping into that....
Yuma: Ize, that form was so freaking cool..
Ize: Yeah? Glad you liked it.....
Yuma: But my question... *He then looked at Yuka* Our fight from earlier, we thought Ize killed you...
Yuka: Well....Let's put it like this... Everything lined up as it needed to....
Yuma: Lined... Up?
Yuka: .... I never wanted Ize to get hurt.... I never wanted.... *She took a deep breath* Gramps, if only he could see.... Anyway... I'm sure he told you that my grandpa died and that he was set up to die... I needed him to believe that I did it, that way I could infiltrate the Ascended Swords myself.. But Ize..... He wassn't supposed to get hurt, and when I'd heard something happened to him...
Yuma: Why not take him with you?
Yuka: And give them access to a dangerous weapon of Eos... It was my fault that grandpa died and Ize nearly died... It's all because I was still so weak...
Ize: ...... I hadn't understood it then...
Yuka: When Ize came to Yeres... I needed to see where he stood.... He didn't become a wild beast of his own, which means our link held on..
Yuma: Speaking of, how did you even do that?
Yuka: ... Ize's birth.... Sometimes when a child is birthed, they aren't always fully normal... Especially when you're birthed with certain Aether in the mix...
Isana: When our mom gave birth to him, a magic seal appeared on his stomach... We didn't understand it when he was born.... Years later and research done, we found out it was the reaper seal.... Or rather the guard dog's seal...
Yuka: With the amount of power the Prophet had.....I knew our regular power alone would do nothing... But I knew when Ize got here, he'd have it all figured out by then.... Once he did, I'd awaken his power and allow him to finish this.... Give us both the closure we've been looking for....
"I guess there was so much more background to this situation than I ever expected... But in a world like Eos, you never really know what to expect, huh? To me, Ize was just always a grumpy ol' assassin." Marlene said with a small chuckle. "But, seriously, I'm really happy it came down to a good ending. From Ize experiencing that whole new form of his, to you actually being here with him, Yuka. Sure maybe I didn't have the greatest image of you, but that doesn't mean Ize only ever spoke ill about you..."
Yuka: What? Ize... I would've understood if you hated me at that point...
Ize: ..... All that time, I wanted to kill you because I believed you'd killed gramps and set me up to die.... I lost trust in other people because of that.. I became a mercenary, but I tried to distance myself.. But, I told Marlene, I seen nothing in you that was telling that you'd kill him.... When it all went down, I needed someone to blame for it... I just didn't see the bigger picture at the time.. But my eyes are open now.. When we figured out Isana's brainwashing, we began to figure that some things weren't quite adding up.. After that, when I thought I'd killed you.. I was ready just to rush in here and kill the bastard myself.. Realizing that he was the true root of this whole thing...
Yuka: Ize..... *As she heard all of that from him, knowing that he didn't speak just ill about her. Knowing that he had spoken anything good about her. Tears began to stream from her face, but she quickly wiped them away* I can't... I... I shouldn't be...
Ize: *He stood up, though he wasn't walking with the greatest of ease, he walked over to Yuka and hugged her* You remember? What he told us?
Yuka: Huh?
Ize: "I know for a fact that you children are gonna do big things in Eos, the world is rough. There could be any moment that you're in darkness, I know that you'll get each other out. Even if you get separated, fate will find a way to bring back to each other." I get it now... This is what he meant..
Yuka: So gramps..... He..... That's why he trained us... *After hearing that, the tears really didn't stop* It hurts Ize... Why?!! Why did it have to be him?!! *She said, then essentially bawling in Ize's chest*
Marlene frowned and gently placed her hand on Yuka's shoulder, "Maybe we should get out of here.. You guys could take your time to rest and feel out all of your emotions too.." She looked to Isana, "I'm sure Veras would let us stick around for awhile longer, right? It's a better safe place than staying in this Cathedral."
Yuka: *She nodded, wiping away her tears again* Right.. We should...
Isana: Yeah... Besides, Veras has always been excited to make a feast...
Yuma: Really? *He then looked at Ize* Think you'll be able to walk? I know it took a lot out of you..
Ize: Well, it isn't with the greatest of ease, but...
Yuma: Alright, come here.. *He said as he helped to support him*
Ize: What are you doing? I didn't say I couldn't walk..
Yuma: What? You didn't exactly say you could now did you? Or maybe, you prefer a lady support you..
Ize: Shut up Yuma...
Yuma: Not denying it....
*As Yuma supported Ize, they began to make their way out of the cathedral and back to Veras' house*
Yuma: By the by Ize... You never told me what happened this morning?
Ize: What? I thought we were leaving at it just being a good morning to wake up to..
Yuma: Well, yeah sure... But, I mean there was something else.... Come on, I'm in a relationship, I've seen the phases before.. That glow wasn't just a happy friendly wake up..
Something else happened...
Ize: You're not gonna stop asking are you?
Yuma: Not until I get the full honest answer...
Isana: Did they share a first kiss while the sun rose up?
Ize: You're joining in on this sis?! Gods help me...
Marlene chuckled, "I wouldn't say so much as sharing a first kisssss. Technically if I did spill, it would be Ize's ears falling off about it, and not minee..... But, seriously! Ize and I just shared a nice little sentimental moment with each other, that's all."
She then thought to herself, "Is it weird that I feel a little off talking about this..? Yuka and Ize's connection is so much of a blur to me, that this almost feels off to me...." She blushed, "But I guess.. what does that say about my feelings towards Ize..?"
Yuma: ..... Hmm, I know Ize would usually hide it.. But, if that's all I get from you Marlene.... Then I suppose I'll just have to let it be... Even so.. *He looked back at Yuka* What about you?
Yuka: Huh? W-What about me?
Yuma: Surely, with everything coming to light-
Ize: Yuma, knock it off..
Yuma: What? It's just a question..
Ize: Not right now....
Yuka: Actually, if he's with her.. It's fine... If he's happy, then so am I...
Ize: Yuka....
Yuka: It'd be selfish of me to be in between you... Especially after all this time...
Marlene felt a bit of relief hearing that. "It's funny you say that because I felt like it would've been selfish of me if I suddenly got between you two...." Realizing what she was saying, Marlene softly scratched the back of her head, "Of course, that's just under the implications that there's something between Ize and I to begin with.. Technicallyy this is based on Yuma's speculations aand Ize denies his crush on me, soo.."
Ize: What crush?
Yuka: Wait, so you two... Aren't together?
Yuma: [They would be if he stopped playing hard to get...]
Ize: *He sighed* ....... Yuma, I'm gonna need you to promise me something...
Yuma: Depends....
Ize: I'm going to tell you something, promise you won't say anything to tease.
Yuma: ....... Can this promise fall null and void at a moment's notice?
Ize: No way..
Yuma: .... *He sighed* So, did something happen?
Ize: Well... Marlene.... She...... kissed me on my cheek...
Yuma: Ooh?!!
Ize: Yuma!
Yuma: Sorry... But.. That's huge.....
Yuka: He's not wrong though.... Honestly, how have you not made a move yet?
Ize: How have.... What?
Isana: *She sighed* Oh little brother, you've got quite a bit to learn..
"I meann, that kiss was just this morning.. Besides, how could he make a move if Grumpy here loves being in denial so much?" Marlene giggled, "I won't mess with him about it now because it looks like his savior is here.. I see Veras' house up ahead!"
Isana: Well....For now....
Yuma: Heh, back again... This time... Getting some real R&R...
*Isana opened the door, opening it to a big spread on the table*
Isana: Well, someone's been working... Not to mention, how would you even know we'd make it back like this?
Veras: Call it a hunch.... The whole case has been an odd one, but I believe that group such as this will find the way to get their happy ending..
Isana: Uh....
Ize: Hm, to think you like Isana....
Isana: That reminds me, when you're all done... Are you going to head back to Aralos?
Ize: I don't know yet....I was thinking, maybe going around Yeres a bit..... *He then blushed* With..... Marlene...
Yuma: Is this finally the start of something beautiful?
Ize: Yuma..
Yuma: You said not to say anything about the kiss...
Veras: Still, that wouldn't be a bad idea.. You two seeing what Yeres is about.
Isana: It's a great city... Especially now that our cult problem is solved...
"As someone always on their feet, I definitely wouldn't mind a little trip around Yeres! Especially if means getting to mess with Ize all day, hehe.." Marlene teased. "Of course, first Ize's gotta get back on his feet with no problem. I'm sure it's just issues with Aether imbalance in his body after having to deal with a form like before.. So, if you'd want Ize, I can help out with that? Unless Veras would wanna take control on that.."
Veras: Hm..... Believe me, as much as I would... I can tell he'd rather have you do it.. *He said as he watched Ize get sat on the sofa*
Ize: *He turned his head, blushing* The hell do you know?
Veras: I know what it's like to be in love Ize... You can keep denying it, but... Denial will get you nowhere...
Ize: *His face then went red as he looked down* ....... Marlene......... Would you be able to help me with my Aether imbalance?
last edited 5 months ago
Marlene giggled as she walked over to Ize with her hands on her hips, "I'd be more than happy to help you with your Aether imbalance. But no Aether imbalance can be fixed sitting up like that! If you're gonna want my help, I'd need you to be laying down instead dummy."
Ize: Oh.... Right... *He said as he laid down, readying himself for Marlene*
Yuma: So Yuka... You mentioned you removed his Aether limiter....But, why?
Yuka: There aren't a lot of people that have high Aether limits... But, even so... It's in the word itself, The amount of Aether in one's body is limited unless you train it or know ways to bypass the limit.. But bypassing it can be risky if you don't take the right steps after.
Yuma: So, wait... What if Marlene wasn't here?
Yuka: There's another Mage in town that I know...
Yuma: So you did have a plan..
Yuka: Believe me, I wouldn't have done this without plans in mind...
Isana: Worst case, Veras would've had to help out... But, this works out better for Ize, wouldn't you say Yuma?
Yuma: Heh, I'd dare to say so.
As Ize laid down on the couch, Marlene closed her eyes and gently started to feel along his arms, legs, and torso to sense the flow in his body. Afterward, she placed her hand over the core of his chest. Both her hand and her necklace started to glow as she began to balance out the Aether in his body. "Limits are one of the reasons why the majority of Mages have a designated Aether Gem like my necklace... They help increase the Aether flow in one's body, but also regulate it so it doesn't go past their limit..." Marlene explained. "Although, according to Claudia, I was born with an abnormally high amount of Aether... Since I have no proper control over it, my Gem helps decrease my Aether flow instead. She suspects it has to do with my species, but... I don't really know much about that myself..." Once she was done balancing out Ize's flow, she opened her eyes again. "Alright! You might still feel a little wobbly for a few minutes, but your flow should be much better now! I transferred some of my Aether to you since you were a little drained too.."