LillyBlack Eos Fantasy RP

LillyBlack posted on May 29, 2023 at 01:31AM
Within the ground of the beautiful planet of Eos flows a strong magical energy that moves throughout all of the lands and nature. On this planet of Eos, there’s a region of land largely dominated by a Capital City, Selfarion, and its surrounding cities: Yeres, Aralos, and Easea. Within each of these cities is an enormous tree that emits abundant amounts of magical energy. There’s a phenomenon that states that each tree was grown by its respective gods in order to encourage advancement in humanity and further the potential of mankind. These trees, it has become the central source of magical energy for these neighboring cities and has been the reason why they have prospered. Controlled by the Central Council located in Selfarion, the cities Aralos, Easea, and Yeres have all formulated their own guilds in order to not only protect their own cities but to come together and protect all their lands as a whole!

Selfarion, The Capital City
Native God: Selfarion, God of Fortune
Noble Family: The Walker’s
Elite Families:
The Forrester’s
The Voss’
Central Council Members:
Kaius Ida
Claudia Steel
Kurota Jaeger
Rylon Alves

Yeres, The City by the High Mountains
Native Goddess: Yelena, Goddess of Earth
Tank Guild of Yeres Members:
Guildmaster Kurota Jaeger, the Dark Knight
Available Guild Classes:
Warrior
Paladin
Gunlancer

Aralos, The City by the Mystical Forest
Native God: Arafel, God of Nature
Damage Guild of Aralos Members:
Guildmaster Rylon Alves, the Swordmaster
Available Guild Classes:
Berserker
Assassin
Archer
Dark Mage

Easea, The City by the Elegant Sea
Native Goddess: Elysia, Goddess of the Seas
Support Guild of Easea Members:
Guildmaster Claudia Steel, the High Mage
Available Guild Classes:
White Mage
Sage
Summoner
Scholar
Bard

Other Places
Village of Astrola (Between Selfarion/Aralos and Yeres)

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Personality:
Guild: (only if you’re in one)
Class: (if in guild)
Bio:

Characters
Ize Konda
Marlene Steel

**wanna mention that you can also put your class as "unclassified" if there's something unique you wanna do but doesn't fit under any of the available classes... or we can always add new ones too**
last edited on Jun 18, 2023 at 07:26AM

LillyBlack 571 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 571

11 months ago TheAdventGhost said…
Name: Ize Konda
Height: 5'10"
Appearance: (pic)
Personality: Lone wolf, tends to keep to himself.
Guild: (only if you’re in one)
Class: (if in guild)
Bio: Not much is known about Ize aside from him growing up in Aralos. He didn't always have a lone personality, which begs the question as to how it came to be.
Name: Ize Konda
Height: 5'10"
Appearance: (pic)
Personality: Lone wolf, ten
10 months ago LillyBlack said…
Name: Marlene Steel
Height: 5'6"
Appearance: Pic! But to clarify her clothes a lil more, it's just a dress that goes to like mid-thigh.
Personality: Sociable, curious, knows what she wants. Also, she has a lil bit of a sweet tooth. :p
Guild: Currently not in one.
Class: ~
Bio: Nobody, not even Marlene herself, knows of her origins or even the origins of her horns. The only blurry memory Marlene has of her past when was she was only 3 years old. Her home island at the time placed her on this small boat and sent her out into the vast ocean, where she eventually ended up at the shore of Easea. No one knew what to do with her and because of her horns, some were hesitant to even approach her. The guildmaster of Easea, Claudia Steel, eventually got involved and decided to take in Marlene herself. She raised her as if she were her own and even taught her everything she knew about magic. When Marlene grew older, Claudia thought Marlene could've been a good fit in the Aralos Guild as a Dark Mage. But, Marlene didn't have any interest in joining a guild at the time. Currently, she's just temporarily living in Selfarion and working as a traveling mercenary to explore outside of Easea more.
**also just wanna mention that her horns aren't generally "odd" or far-fetched but it just makes her stick out more ig**
(I'm sorry for the wait but here's my character!! ^^ Should I kick this off or would you like the honors?)
Name: Marlene Steel
Height: 5'6"
Appearance: Pic! But to clarify her cloth
10 months ago TheAdventGhost said…
(I'll start it off I suppose. ^_^)
*As the morning rose, Ize was sleeping under the shade of a tree just outside of Aralos, At the moment, a boy came to get him*
???: You know, if you're going to sleep, I hear the inn's always open with beds..
Ize: .........
???: Seriously Ize.... *He walked over to him* You know, you don't have to be like this...
Ize: I do as I please... However I please...
???: Well, at least tell me you got the pendant... Boss is concerned...
Ize: How nice of him.... So he sent you to annoy me?
???: *He only sighed* I'm guessing you still aren't set on joining a guild..
Ize: Never in a million centuries...
Marlene just recently finished a job she had in Aralos and decided to relax for a bit in one of the taverns. She sat in a far corner and dumped all of her coins onto the table to count them. "Damn this job paid up well... I could go back to Selfarion but.. it's not too often I'm here, so staying for awhile longer wouldn't hurt."

Doremi, who also worked under the same group as ??? and Ize, was jumping through trees heading her way back to Aralos. She drew close to ??? and Ize, already overhearing their conversation. She dropped down from one of the trees and walked towards them, "I don't know why you've always been so stubborn about joining guilds. What do you even have against them?"
last edited 10 months ago
Ize: I work alone... That's all... All being part of a guild will do will make more people get in my way...
???: You know what you need....You need a girlfriend..
Ize: Seriously? A girlfriend? Look Yuma... You may be the ever so lucky one.. But attachments slow me down.. Hence, why I work better alone....
Yuma: Yeah, but who's gonna have your back? When it comes down to it, those bonds assure that people got you...
Ize: Is that so? Last time I trusted like that, I got set up... I have my own back, plain and simple... *He sighed, he then stood up* Damn it.... *He then moved forward, heading back to the inside of Aralos with Yuma following* We're meeting at the tavern like usual...
Yuma: Yeah....
Ize: Let's get this over with.... *He said as they made way to the tavern and headed inside, meeting with a man at a separate table*
???: Ah, Ize.... There you are...
Ize: You didn't have to send Yuma you know... *He then gave the man the pendant* Here....
Yuma: Just saying, you need more of a social life...
???: Agreeing with Yuma, you need to loosen up...
Ize: It's fine Muto... I've no need to loosen up...
After double triple checking how many coins she had, Marlene slid them all back into her little pouch. "That's more than enough to last me a few days here. Now..." She pulled towards a tiny plate of pudding towards her that she's been dying to eat since she bought it. She licked her lips before she took her first bite, "Mmm, it's never too early for something sweet..!"

"Oh c'mon, it wouldn't hurt..." Doremi glanced around the tavern but considering it was so early in the morning, there was barely anyone hanging around in the first place. She noticed the fiery red hair and horns in the corner and a smirk grew on her face. She crouched between Yuma and Ize and pointed in the direction of Marlene. "What about her for starters? Think you could talk to her?"
Ize: You're wasting your time.. *He then turned, beginning to make his way out of the tavern, only to be stopped by Yuma holding the back of his cloak*
Yuma: Believe me, I know wasted time.. This is far from that... *He then dragged Ize over to the table where Marlene was* Hello Miss.... The name's Yuma... Part of the Blackened Daggers... Small group, but we're quite reliable... Meanwhile, Mr. Grumpy over here, is Ize Konda...
Ize: .... I told you, this is a waste of time...
Yuma: Come on Ize... Is that how you're gonna give first impressions?
Marlene already had a slight feeling they would come over to her table since she tends to be pretty observant sometimes. She glanced over to their table before looking back at Ize and Yuma. "Guess that girl was pointing over at me. Doubt they're just a bunch of creeps, so I probably don't have anything to worry about. They're both kinda cute too, so I don't mind this..."
She took another bite of her delicious pudding before introducing herself, "Hey! The name's Marlene Steel. Might've heard my name once if you been around Easea, but if not.... you're not missing much." She tilted her head looking at Ize, "Seems like Mr. Grumpy is not really the one for meeting new people, is he?"
Ize: ......
Yuma: Ah, it's very nice to meet you Marlene... As for him... Well, I don't know if it's new people or what... Wait a second though... You mentioned Easea, plus your last name is Steel.. Wait, as in guildmaster and High Mage Claudia Steel?!!
Ize: Such a fan boy....
Yuma: How can I not?! I'd never imagine seeing two guild candidates in the same room like this? It's almost like the gods fated this meeting..
Ize: There he goes....
Yuma: You've got the Steel name, then looking at you.. I'm gonna say you're quite strong.. Not to mention, cute to boot. Ize.. Honestly he's the better out of our whole little group.. He's actually even been recognized by Rylon freaking Alves....
Ize: It's not that big of a deal Yuma...
Yuma: Honestly... I don't know if you're just extremely humble or just a madman.. If I was being recognized by a guildmaster, I'd lose my freaking mind.. It just proves I still have some work to do..
Marlene giggled and gave him a smile, "Haha, well I'm positive you can make it up to that point one day. I'm actually Claudia's daughter... Well, adopted daughter. She taught me everything I know now about magic.. Even tried convincing me to join the guild here as a Dark Mage but... I'm not that interested." She leaned slightly more over the table, resting her hand on her cheek, "While I'm not so big on guilds myself, being recognized by a guildmaster is still a pretty big feat if you ask me."
Ize: Still don't think it's that big...
Yuma: ....
Ize: If we're done... I'm heading out.... Contact me with the next mission... *He then left from the table, then leaving the tavern*
Yuma: *He sighed* Sheesh... I just can't get a read on him... He's distant, but the question is why? Well, from your little bit of time with him? Any first impressions?
"Hmmm..... Seems like an asshole to me." Marlene said bluntly, taking another bite of her pudding. "I don't hold it against em' though. But, you two seem like.. friends. So, why don't you just ask him? Sometimes there's a story behind it... If it wasn't for Claudia coming into my life, I probably would've been the same."
Yuma: Believe me... I've tried to ask... But anytime anyone asks, he just tells us that it's none of our business. *He thought about it for a sec* Honestly, I don't even know if we're really friends... He mentioned something though.... He said the last time he really trusted people, he got set up. I guess that would make a bit of sense why he doesn't want people to get close...
"Well that's not a good way of thinking.... There's always going to be shitty people, so yeah you can't easily trust everyone... But, that doesn't mean you should push everyone away." Marlene explained. "Sounds like to me that Ize needs someone... Someone who's willing and knows how to break down that wall of his."
Yuma: ........ I know this is going to be quite the ask.... But, do you think maybe you could give it a shot? Doremi and I have tried, but to no result... But you..... I don't know... There's something about you... Marlene... If you can break through to Ize... Let's just say there's more pudding in it for you... *He said, observing and trying to appeal to her sweet tooth*
Marlene put some thought into it, almost tempted to do it just for the pudding. "I mean I do really love me some pudding......" She then quickly came to her senses and shook her head, "I've only just met you and I don't even live here! I can't just do it for the pudding.... Buuut.. I can do it for a little money compensation..." She smirked, "Of course, you're not paying me upfront for this. That just feels plain wrong. Insteaddd, you let me temporarily join your little group. I get my chances with Ize, but I'd still like my share for the missions..."
Yuma: Join our group and get a share... If I didn't know better, I'd say you have quite the silver tongue.. *He grinned* Alright, you've got yourself a deal....If you want a place to start.. Look for the inn not too far from here.. He has a room reserved on the upper floor. He's usually waiting there until a mission comes through...
"Alrighty, room in the upper floor... Got it." Marlene took her final bite of the pudding and finally stood up from her seat. "Guess I'll be paying Ize a little visit then. If any missions come up, you'll likely find me with him. If not, find me where there's anything sweet.~ Bye bye, Yuma!" Marlene stopped by the counter to quickly buy herself some fruitcake before she got going, but afterwards she left the tavern.
Doremi watched as Marlene walked out of the tavern, hearing their whole conversation. "Did he really manage to convince her...?" She thought to herself.

While walking, Marlene dug her hand into the paper bag and broke off a small piece of one of the slices of fruitcake to eat it. "Didn't expect to be spending my time in Aralos like this... But who am I kidding, not like I had anything else to do.." She started looking out for nearby inns, "Breaking through Ize's walls... How hard could it really be?"
Yuma: *He walked over to Doremi* Well... Marlene may actually be our last hope in this case.. I think she has a chance though....
Muto: You think so?
Yuma: Something about her.... Knowing how silver tongued she is... She may can convince him..

*Ize sat outside of the inn, his eyes closed while he sat. He'd then open his eyes and stand up*
Ize: ..... There's still things that need to be done..... *He closed and sighed. He was about to leave from where he stood, then he saw Marlene walking* [Her again?!!] ......
Doremi leaned back into her chair, "Well, guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out..."

As Marlene approached closer to the Inn, she noticed Ize sitting outside of it. "Perfect, that makes it easier for me...."
"Hey Mr. Grumpy!" Marlene greeted as she came closer to him. She ate another piece of her fruitcake, "Wanna guess who's the new recruit to the Blackened Daggers?"
Ize: A member of the Blackened Daggers? *He sighed* Well, given how friendly you and Yuma are.. I could only take one guess... You can handle yourself in a fight.. You wouldn't have joined otherwise.. But, believe me... If Yuma, Muto or Doremi sent you here for me, you're wasting your time... I work alone, and that's not changing...
"Yeah, yeah, whatever you wanna say Mr. Grumpy. I'm here because I wanna be, so you're dealing with me anyways." Marlene sat down on the empty spot beside him, continuing to eat. "If you're so independent, why join the Blackened Daggers to begin with? You can so easily just work for yourself, that's what I did."
Ize: Please... Work for myself.... I'm only a Blackened Dagger because it pays.. *He sat down where he was standing* If co-workers come with the territory then so be it.... At the end of the day, as long as I get my coins for the job.. That's all I need.... I make the money for my nights here, enough for food.. I'm all set.
Marlene shrugged, "Well if that's what works for you, who am I to judge? I personally enjoy the freedom of working by myself since I love to move around... So, being in this group will probably just be a temporary thing for me as long as I'm in Aralos. But, it makes me curious... How long have you been apart of Blackened Daggers for?"
Ize: ..... Four months.... And if I had to guess you're wondering how I even came across them.... Apparently you can call it, being in just the right place at the right time... A target they were hunting surfaced in a bandit camp not far from here.... This target happened to be someone I'd also be hunting down through an info broker... I'd already got to him, Yuma insisted that I get paid for my skillset... The rest is history....
"I guess Yuma has really appreciated you ever since the beginning, huh?" Marlene then looked to Ize, tilting her head. "If you've already been with them for a few months now, why do you seem so... distant? Ya know it doesn't hurt to lighten up a little bit."
Ize: And what exactly comes with lightening up? I do what I do to get paid... I have no values left to this world.... That being said, the second I find out there's a higher buyer, I'm ditching the Blackened Daggers.. Then again... Who knows? Maybe The Reaper will finally catch up to me by the time that happens..
"Is he really serious..? Did that set up really affect him this much? Ize..."
"Ize, you have to be kidding..." Marlene quickly got up from her seat. She stared down at him with her hands on her hips, genuinely starting to get concerned but also ticked off. "How the hell can you talk like that!? Sure, I'm also the type who likes to chase a pretty coin, but you have to realize that there's so much more in this world that you can go for! And to leave Blackened Daggers so easily like that?? I'm more than positive that they'd fight for you to stay but you... You just don't seem to care!"
Ize: ...... You say this like I'm a traitor of sorts.... I never asked for them to fight for me.... I never swore loyalty.. You say I don't care.... Sure, but don't you think you care too much for people you don't even know? You've met them only once, and yet it seems like you have the highest of hopes for them. Attachments, especially those of the human kind... Those attachments are a weakness.
"Attachments may bring out your weakness, but there's never anything wrong with that! Being all distant like how you are now is not anything better!! You can tell me this is how you want to live your life and I'll easily believe you. But if you told me that you're happy that way, I wouldn't believe that for a damn second." Marlene told him. "Do you not even have a dream of any sort?? Anything that pushes you forward? There can't just be nothing that you value..."
Ize: ..... Once upon a time, perhaps I did.... Look red...... I don't need to be happy to do what I do. All I need is the strength to make it out of a fight alive.. The ability to draw my blades and kill my enemies.. Happiness, The need for that is long gone. Any dreams I've had.... They died long ago.... That part of me is gone, and I only aim to do what I must to stay alive until the day I die..
"Ize.... Are you even listening to how you sound right now..?" For a few seconds, Marlene was just staring at him because she didn't even know how to react she was so shocked. She then took a deep breath, "I couldn't care less if I just met you today, I can't just let you keep thinking like this... To me, it's like you're not even looking after yourself... How can you say you don't need happiness anymore..? Ize, that part of you isn't gone and I know it. He's still in there somewhere and that's the Ize I want to meet!"
Ize: .... Then you might as well stop now while you're ahead... You can continue to tell me that I shouldn't be this way... You say I'm not looking out for myself.. But believe me... I've been looking out for myself just fine.. As long as I'm alive.. As long as I take care of my body... Then I'm doing just fine.. *He stood up* You want to believe that the old Ize is still around.. I've told you, you're wasting your time...
"Wasting time? If there's anyone wasting time here, it's actually you. But, someone doesn't want to realize that..." Marlene took another deep breath again to calm herself down. "But, fine. If you want to be so damn adamant about it then I'll let it go. But, that doesn't mean it'll be the last time that I bring this up...."
Ize: Bring it up as many times as you want... You'll only get the same result.... So let me ask you this... You tell me all of this... Yet, I've already told you where my priorities lie.. I know who you are... If someone were to put money on your death, understand that I won't have a second thought going after you. The same goes for the rest of the Daggers... *He said as he walked past her, standing back to back to her* So tell me... Do you still believe that I'm deserving to be happy? Do you believe that I don't mean what I say?!
"Yes Ize, I still believe that you're deserving to be happy!!" Marlene yelled with absolutely no hesitation. "And I do believe that you mean every word you're saying right now. But.. I just don't believe someone starts to think like that on their own accord... I know something made you change and made you think that you have no reason to seek out for your own happiness anymore.... That's what I don't like.." Marlene sighed and glanced down to her hands. She was still holding onto the paper bag of fruitcake, but she then dropped it down onto where they were sitting. "I'm done with this conversation for now, arguing with you isn't going to get us anywhere... There's another slice of fruitcake in that bag that I actually got for you.. Really hope you like sweet things. I'll talk to you later, grumpy."
Marlene left the scene from there to go do her own thing, probably going to look for a separate Inn to stay at. "He's so stubborn, but that's not gonna stop me... Before I was just doing this for Yuma and the others but... now I really want to get through to him.. No matter how long it takes."
Ize: ..... *He then picked up the bag with the fruitcake in it* Annoying..... *He then brought the bag inside, bringing it to the room he was staying in* ..... [Why must you pursue? Why won't you just leave well enough alone?!!] *He then thought back immediately to what she told him* "I just don't believe someone starts to think like that on their own accord." *He then took out one of his two daggers, looking at his reflection it* [Emotions are a weakness... Don't allow yourself for distractions... That's what you said, isn't it old man...]
(Doing a time skip to the next day!)
Going into the next morning, Marlene felt a little more energized and relaxed since her argument with Ize. Since then, she found an Inn to stay at for the time being and already had her stuff settled in.
Right before heading out for the day, Marlene checked herself in the mirror to make sure she was put together. She pushed her hair back behind her left ear, placing in an earring that was a dangling white crystal, a staple to most mages. She covered the earring once again with her hair, finally ready to leave. "Wonder if they got any missions for us today. But if anything, I could always run a couple of errands for people around the city.."
*Ize woke up, rested and ready to go. He exited the inn, looking out to the bustling town*
Ize: ..... First things first... *He left his hooded cloak, showing his outfit in full.. He then walked, heading to an orphanage not too far from the inn that Marlene stayed at* .... *He then walked inside, being greeted by one of the sisters*
???: Ize!! I didn't expect you to be here...
Ize: Sister Elena.... Is Aya around?
Elena: *She nodded, she then took him to the area where the kids were all playing, there Aya was* Aya! Look who's here to visit....
*Aya then looked up, seeing Ize She raced over to hug him*
Aya: Ize!!!!!
Ize: Aya.... You... You're actually happy to see me?
Aya: Of course I am!! I want to be as strong as you.. It would be sad if you weren't around to see it.
Ize: I suppose so...
Elena: She always tells the story.. Everyday, she always goes on that she was saved by one of the coolest assassins to exist..
Ize: ..... Is that right? I wouldn't say I'm the coolest....
Elena: You were never one to just take a compliment huh..
Ize: .....
Elena: Well... I agree with her... You saved her so swiftly...
Aya: When I get a bit older, I'm going to learn magic... That way I can get strong!!
Ize: So filled with ambition....... Never let that go.... Hold on to that..
Finally ready to head out, Marlene left the Inn and walked around town, just trying to get herself known and help out whenever she can. It's also how she'd usually end up finding a few harder jobs or missions to take on too. After walking for a little bit, Marlene came across the orphanage that Ize went inside a little bit ago. "An orphanage?" She thought to herself. "It has been awhile since I got to visit the one back in Easea... So, why don't I start with something I feel familiar with? I'm sure they wouldn't mind another hand." Making her decision, Marlene walked into orphanage. Besides noticing all the kiddos around the orphanage, the first thing that actually caught her eye was Ize. Although, with his back turned to her and Ize missing his cloak, she couldn't immediately recognize him. "Hm? They seem... oddly familiar. But, there's only so many people I know in this city...." It took her a few more seconds until it finally hit her, "Hold on... Don't tell me that's who I think it is.."
Marlene's curiosity getting to her, she started walking towards Ize. Already feeling confident that it was him, she peeked over his shoulder and looked at him, "Well, well, isn't it Mr. Grumpy himself! I didn't think I'd be seeing you in here."
Ize: ... *He looked up, seeing Marlene* Red... What are you...
Elena: You two know each other?
Ize: We've met....
Elena: Mr. Grumpy huh.... Well, knowing you that sounds like you.. Especially ever since it happened...
Ize: Whatever..... I just wanted to drop by and see how Aya was doing... Wanted to make sure she was taking care of herself.
Elena: Still, I don't think you should've been shocked.. She looks up to you... You could've made her come all the way back, yet you brought her back here with you...
Aya: I know I didn't have much left in terms of a home, but sister Elena and the other sisters have been taking great care of me.. And it's thanks to you Ize....
Ize: *He sighed* I was just at the right place at enough time to save her.... Nothing more to it..
"Nothing more to it? Sounds like to me you practically changed the entire course of her life because of it! Look at how happy you've made her since..." She nudged Ize's shoulder, "Give yourself a little more credit than you do, grumpy.."
Hearing Aya talk about it honestly warmed Marlene's heart and it actually made her feel a little relieved. "At least that tells me he's not completely heartless.. I know that other side of him is still in there somewhere, he cares..."
Marlene then stopped leaning over Ize's shoulder, "Anyways, it's just coincidence that I'm seeing you here. Actually..." She looked to Sister Elena, "I came by mostly because I wanted to see if I can give a hand with anything?" Marlene tilted her head, giving her a smile. "The name's Marlene Steel. I'm actually not from here and I'm just temporarily staying in Aralos.. But, I used to help around pretty often in the orphanage back in Easea!"
Elena: Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Marlene... As for a hand.... Well, I wouldn't say we need much of a hand here.... But, I suppose I have a request.... It's a bit silly to ask... *She took Marlene to the side to discuss* It's about Ize.... I know you two recently met... But, I know he claims to have been looking out for himself.. And yet.. I'm not really sure... While back he lost his family in a home invasion.. He'd met someone after that was supportive of him... She.... Something happened where she'd set him up to die... But, as you can see that wasn't the case.... Ever since then, Ize's been really distant... I guess the orphanage and Aya's the last bit of thing he values in this world..
"So that's what happened..." Marlene glanced over at Ize as Elena explained it to her. "Thank you for telling me, really.. I can ease your mind a little bit because I am trying to get him to lower his guard around me... But, I can tell now it's gonna be harder than I thought..." She looked back to Elena with a smile, "Although, it's nothing that'll make me give up. How about this..... Could you trust me to take Aya out for a bit? I'm more than capable of looking after her, but I'll tell Ize that I'm dragging him along as our 'bodyguard.' It'll give Aya a chance to be out on her feet for the day, but I think it'll also give me a real chance to try to get closer to him.."
Elena: [I think I get it...] That's not a bad idea.... Aya looks up to Ize, so she'll definitely agree to him being your "bodyguard." Ize won't exactly be able to deny his way out of it, you're quite crafty.. Perhaps in your time.... You can help Ize realize who he used to be... I guess what I want, is just for Ize to smile again...
"I understand... I've noticed how many people in this town care for him, so it even hurts me to see him like this. It's even worse to think about the girl that did this to him.." Marlene shook it off her mind for now and gently placed her hand on Elena's shoulder, "But don't worry, I'll try my best to get through to him. After all, I want to meet this side of him as much as you want it back...."
Now with the plan all settled, Marlene walked back over to Aya and Ize. "Hey Aya!" She called as she kneeled down to be on the same level as her, "How would you feel about going out with Ize and I for the day? I'll take you to best places and Ize could be our bodyguard!"
Aya: *Her eyes lit up* For real? *She then looked at Ize* Well, can we go?
Ize: I.....
Aya: Come on Ize, I'm positive you'll be a wonderful bodyguard for us.. Not to mention, I'd really appreciate it.
Ize: ..... Guess I'm really backed into a corner here..... [Though, I guess if it makes Aya happy..] Alright, you can come with us..
Aya: Yes!! Big brother Ize's our bodyguard...
Ize: Big.. Brother?
Elena: That's how she's seen you.... She considers everyone in the orphanage here family, but you Ize.... Ever since that day, she's looked at you like her own flesh and blood big brother....
"Can't deny lil sis now, can you? She seems to really care for ya, grumpy." Marlene stood up, leaning into Ize's ear to slightly whisper to him, "So, maybe try lightening up a little bit for today? Probably not for me but.. For Aya, at least?" She asked of him, moving back from his ear with a smile. While Marlene didn't expect him to give in even after asking that, she still hoped that he would give it thought throughout today.
Ize: .... [Lighten up huh? Yuma, Doremi, Muto.... Now you....] *He then looked at Aya, seeing how excited she was to go with them* ...... [Maybe you were wrong old man.... Those emotions.... They're a way of living... Those attachments.. Even after everything I'd said yesterday, she still believes...] Yeah, she really does...
Elena: You know? I don't believe Marlene's exactly a local here... I think it'd be nice of you to show her around... Wouldn't you say?
Aya: That's a good idea... That way she can meet some of the nice townspeople!
Ize: Sounds like you're on board.. Guess that means so am I...
"That'd be sweet! I haven't really had a chance to go around, besides visiting a few taverns and here. And afterward, we can even go to a pretty flower field I came across when coming to Aralos. Ya know, have a nice little break at the end." Marlene looked to Aya again, "If you would like to, I can even carry you around on my shoulders and you can point me around the town!"