The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 9051-9100 of 9440

11 months ago afewseconds said…
Edgar was standing in the center of the room, breathing calmly as he still felt the traces of the magic that had been within the walls around him. Despite the pain that was focused there, he tried to let his eyes relax. To let himself look. He felt the presence of Galiah's aura grow the moment she had stepped outside the manor, having started to find ways to distinguish between hers and the only other person that wielded magic within the household, which when he started to practice again, didn't seem that hard at all. Galiah's aura was much more fierce and sometimes felt warm, like body heat.
He knew that at some point she was going to come looking for him eventually, and he focused on her when he heard her voice outside. And as he allowed himself to look, to really look, he began to an outline through. He tried not to squint as he focused on not his bodily movements, but the flow of mana inside of him. He tried to focus on where it simmered at his eyes, and again, he saw the outline of aura moving towards his space, a void within the center of it. And as he watched it, he started to carefully venture his way towards it, stepping outside of his small housing and out into the grass, and continuing until he came face to face with the elf.

Upon seeing Edgar, the elf would see that he had dressed rather plainly, a long sleeve checkered shirt and a pair of normal jeans. But even more so, she would immediately be able to notice the tinted glasses that he he had, offered to him by "Roux" due to her disgust with his his eyes looked. It had made him that much more uncomfortable having them uncovered around the others, and though he refused to admit it, her insensitivity towards it kind of hurt. Though in a way, it helped him start the process of not necessarily getting over it, but choosing to deal with it.

As he approached the elf, it almost seemed that he was able to see her, the way he looked at her. "...Hey," he said awkwardly, knowing that she probably wasn't to fond about him locking himself away, but he knew that she wouldn't understand it. Understand why the entire ordeal had weighed on him so heavily.
11 months ago Windwakerguy430 said…
"Edgar" Galiah spoke as she would see him at the door, and she immediately hurried over toward him. "What are you doing in this little room? You shouldn't be wandering the manor without any guidance"
The elf looked up at Edgar, wondering to herself why he was wearing such ridiculous glasses on his face. But as she looked it the glasses, she started to wonder just how did Edgar get this far in the first place. Her hands slide up his cheek again to try and look him in the eyes, or rather the glasses, and she spoke softly, "Edgar, how did you even manage to get here on your own? And why have you kept yourself locked away? Please, Edgar, if you think I won't understand, then please make me understand. I worry about you, Dear Edgar"
"I haven't been feeling...well," Edgar tried to put it in a way that was easier to understand, though a massive understatement that he didn't care to try include in full. "But, I sorted some things out, and managed to shake some of it off I guess. I feel okay now at the very least." It wasn't exactly completely true, but he focused on the better part of that, deciding that it was the better and easier question to answer. "Anything from the others?" He asked, it being the first thing that came to mind.
last edited 11 months ago
Galiah looked to Edgar with a sort of somber worried look, knowing that there was so much more. She could feel it in the way that he spoke, but she knew that it was hopeless to ask. She would answer him when he asked about the others, "Lady Yoon is doing better in her training. I think she's starting to get some understanding of magic, as well as combat from myself and her mother. And I've only heard from Lady Yoon that Lady Samantha is still in search of her target. It's... been mostly silent from Lady Roux and Sir Leonard. All we can do is stand and wait."
Galiah would look to Edgar again, looking at his sunglasses, her hands still resting on his cheeks as she would slowly brush her hands against them. "I wish that your confession of your feels was under better times, Dear Edgar. I wish to look into your eyes. Elvish tradition is to admire the lights in their lovers eyes. To see their own personal moon within it. I wish that it was me who had done the spell instead"
"Don't worry about it," Edgar said. "There's nothing you could have done to stopped what happened. It was unexpected, and I should've just paid more attention. And so I deal with the consequences. What's happened, has happened, and there's nothing we can do about that but have hindsight and hope that the same mistake doesn't happen twice in the near future," he said, being rather straightforward about it. "Dwelling on it's not going to do either of us any good at this rate either. But you're right. There's not much we can do now when it comes to Roux and the others except hope for the best. But I'd be damned if I'm going to just sit around waiting any longer than I already have." While Galiah was in physical contact with him, he could see more of her outline clearly with her man's shaped around her, the only feature that he had to go off of in means of her appearance.
He wasn't really sure how a fire mage supposedly was training someone with Yoon's magic type how to use her magic, and he doubted that any progress that would make any significant difference judging by what he had felt magic wise for the last few days. But it was something, he supposed. "So what I'm going to do, is grab something to eat because my stomach is in dire need of it." He gave her a pat on the cheek, and kissed her forehead before he started moving passed her with careful steps to the manor.
Galiah was silent at how straightforward Edgar made the whole situation, how just some time ago he was horrified and depressed that he had lost his vision, and even more so that he was locked inside his RV for so long. As he would walk passed her, she would hurry over to his side and take his arm and wrap her arms around it, "Edgar, please. It's dangerous to walk by yourself, remember But yes, you must get something to eat. It's been three days since you've had anything and... well, three days since you've left your own home"
"Yeah...yeah, right," Edgar replied as if he had forgotten after Galiah had reminded him how dangerous it was to be waking without his sight. When she commented on how he he hadn't left his own personal home in three days again, he stated once again, "Like I said. I just wasn't feeling too good, alright? I just needed some time."
"I know." Galiah spoke quietly as she kept her arms around him, "I know that you needed your time, but..." She was silent for a moment, not sure what she really wanted to say. That Edgar was going through so much with his visions, the eyesight, and so much, and Galiah knew there was so much more going on, she just didn't know what exactly. She slightly tightened her arms around him as she remarked, "I worry, Edgar. About you. About everyone here."
"I know..I do too, Galiah." Edgar sighed. "I do too." And it was one of the reasons that he decided that he'd rather not add on to that in the first place with his own. "But I'll be alright." He had to be for the sake of not only himself, but the others as well. Something that he knew that no one present on the property wouldn't be able to empathize with to the degree that he needed.
Galiah looked to Edgar with his last comment, her ears slowly drooping as she would see the look on his face at his statement. She would only close her lips from there as she would walk beside him, making sure to open the door for him so that he wouldn't walk into it. "I believe Lady Kyung-Ha made something. I hope that'll suffice"
Edgar found himself reaching for the knob already after he felt the ground transition into steps, and steps into the rug that was stretched from the top step to the door. His hand bumped into Galiah's, and he decided to let her be the one to open the door. "I'll probably pass on anything too big," he said as he stepped inside, not really hungry enough to eat big portions, but knowing that he needed to eat something, or at least take the edge off of his stomach. "A cup of coffee would do, really." Anything that he could get through quick to get to what he wanted to be doing.
Galiah gave a nod as she would walk along side him down the halls of the manor and making a right to the kitchen where they would hopefully find what they were looking for. Her ears would perk up slightly as she commented, "Oh, coffee? Yes. I have already made some for the morning. Much more now since Sir Mason and Lady Raven aren't here to drink the majority of it"
"Thank God. It's like they never heard of a cup at a time," Edgar commented, still not understanding how Raven could drink coffee throughout the entirety of the day the way he had seen her do on many occasions. He couldn't understand how anyone who wasn't actively trying to pull a double shift could do so, or would for that matter. There was good coffee, and then there was too much.
As they headed down the hall, he turned when she did to their left to go towards the kitchen, glad that Galiah had already taken the liberty of making a pot. It just meant that he wouldn't have to stay there long at all, and he was completely fine with that.
As Galiah would turn into the hall and into the kitchen, she would already pull a seat out for Edgar for him to sit down giving a polite bow as she asked, "I will go and get you the coffee, Edgar. You like your coffee with two sugars, correct? Or was that Mason. Certainly not Yoon, she likes lots of sugar in her coffee. Oooh, it's hard to remember all the different ways to make the coffee taste different"
"Just coffee, please," Edgar said, diverging from his usual to make it as simple as possible as he sat in the chair, but didn't really bother to pull it all the way to the table. There was an aura of impatience about him, or perhaps it was more so not feeling as if he had the time for something that he had started to see as small compared to everything else. Not completely pointless. Just...small. He appreciated her consideration in trying to remember, but it wasn't something that he thought mattered. Not anymore.
Galiah would turn to him with a sad expression at the mention of just wanting coffee, but she was quick to just prepare it for him without any protest from her side of things. She would pour the coffee into a mug and place it in front of him, not even bothering to prepare her own as she sat opposite from him, looking at the lack of expression on his face. She asked, “Dear Edgar. What happened while you were in your RV?”
"Thanks." Edgar told her when he heard the sound of the mug in front of him, and had seen her figure place it into the table. And after she asked him about what had happened while he had been locked away in his RV, he looked towards her, lifting his coffee and answering before he took a sip, "Nothing." The taste of the coffee was bitter. But he didn't mind it. "Just...some cleaning and clearing, is all."
“Just… nothing?” Galiah repeated with a confused, worried expression. She knew that there was so much more than that. The way he would wake up in fear, in panic attacks, screaming and sweating. She knew that his visions were getting more out of hand. But she also knew that it would do little to ask him any further. Not to mention the last person she had pryed into was Jackline. Which only ended in disaster. Out of fear of an incident like that again she only nodded and replied quietly, “okay”
Edgar continued to drink his coffee in silence, not really saying much if anything as he would every so lift his mug to his lips to sip or take a bit more to drink. He didn't move much either, only staring straight forward with an expression that shifted between blank and one that looked vaguely like he was thinking.
When he was about done with the coffee, he stood up and stepped slowly from the table and felt his way to the counter with less difficulty than it would have two weeks ago. He found the coffee pot with a minor warning if where the heat was after it gave his hand a light burn, but nothing anywhere near serious. Just enough to make him reel his hand back slightly. He poured himself another cup and returned to the table, feeling for the chair and finding it before he sat back down with caution, letting out a small sigh of relief once he was seated again.
Galiah would take notice as he would lift himself off the chair and back to the counter, her hands brushing her pink hair back behind her hood with a sigh of frustration. She wasn’t sure what to even say, what would be right, and why Edgar was acting so differently then before. But when she would see him nearly burn his own hand on the coffee pot. He would sit back down without so much as an expression, but Galiah would take his hand without earning, holding it against hers as she would ask, “Edgar what is happening with you? Are you sick or… the visions? Your not acting like yourself”
"I'm tired, and haven't gotten a decent night's sleep in weeks until yesterday. There's nothing happening with me, Galiah, okay? You wouldn't exactly be on top of the morning either." Edgar said with exasperation, pulling his hand back gently to take his mug and drink. But as he sat it down, he sighed. "Sorry..I..just don't want to hear anything else about it right now alright...please?" He asked, and had started to rub at his temple.
Galiah recoiled her hand back a bit at what she heard from Edgar, how stern he was at what he heard, and she was a bit nervous, hearing how he had only slightly talked back followed by an apology. And even still, Galiahs hand would slowly find its way to Edgar’s other hand holding onto it as she spoke softly, “I understand… I’m just worried about you Dear Edgar… we need to hope they’ll find Jackie soon”
Though he couldn't see in the conventional way, Edgar's gaze moved away from her and down to the table as she spoke. His hold tightened around hers slightly. "And..and I need to prepare for if they don't," he said with a noticeable lack of his usual enthusiasm. But it was as he spoke that it was evident that something had indeed changed within him, or had started to.
“They will” Galiah spoke as she stood up now, standing over him only slightly as he was sitting down. “There can’t be an if. They must. If they don’t then… then I just don’t know” Galiah spoke as she was standing, her hand slowly sliding from Edgar’s. But she would slowly wrap her arms around his shoulders and his neck, holding him in a hug as her chin rested against his shoulder. “They have to find her” she whispered solemnly
11 months ago cosmic_fusions said…
The usual routine from the Park family didn’t change that much within the last few days. Kyung-ha was constantly switching gears between being Yoon’s instructor and Sangeon’s elementary teacher. In between she would review information from the Operator AI and check on any updates, despite not receiving any useful information regarding the remaining squad. However, what was different was the mother’s attempt to also train her son in self-defense. But the way Sangeon behaved and reacted to weapons and even being grabbed based on recent experiences told Kyung-ha that he still needed time. Though, she knew time was running out.

Splashhhh. Kyung-ha pushed Sangeon into the same body of water he and Yoon had previously drowned in, albeit this time none of it was frozen. She forced both him and her sister to learn how to swim to prevent the incident from happening ever again. She chose the same spot purposefully to rid their trauma and fear.

Standing attentively by the shoreline, she watched her son sink completely into the water before emerging out of the surface again for air, being forced to put his recently acquired skills to use and dog paddling to keep himself afloat. He was wearing spiderman goggles that he had only worn once, which was in the kiddie’s pool his mom had gotten him last summer. Despite once living in Florida, his mother hardly ever had time or the money to take them to the beach. When she did, both him and Yoon often just ended up building sandcastles underneath an umbrella since neither one of them liked being exposed for a sunburn.

“Oi,” Kyung-ha said through her Kf94 mask she wore, “Dive.” She ordered her son, who reluctantly sank back into the water to retrieve the discs Kyung-ha had scattered around for them to grab and practice their diving and breathing skills. The mother had been wearing a mask all the time ever since her return from the drop off of the others at the airport, which of course her children and Galiah had found odd. They hadn’t seen her without it in four days. When she was questioned about it, she blamed it on a cold that she did not want spreading. But it wasn’t true.

"---gasspp–" Yoon inhaled loudly when she finally came up to the surface for air. She panted, her legs moving in a slower manner that still kept her afloat to avoid wasting too much energy, just like her mother had been teaching her for the past days.

Kyung-ha glanced down at her phone with impressed brows. “12 minutes. New record.” She commented on the duration Yoon had held her breath underwater, which had increased ever since she started. Kyung-ha wasn’t a teacher of magic at all, but she had taught Yoon breathing skills that in turn collided with her mana capabilities. It wasn’t hard to tell how connected Yoon’s emotions were to her magic, which encouraged Kyung-ha to push for Yoon to develop a more stoic and calm attitude through breathing.

Yoon realized through these breathing techniques, when she allowed the iciness of her mana to envelop her, it decreased her blood circulation and her heart rate which in turn kept her overall aura and body stable. And with her mom pushing for a more desensitized version of herself, she was forced to set her anxiety and emotions aside. She wasn’t fond of how she trained her to do so, however. Sometimes it consisted of her being scared to death but not being able to react. Sometimes it was watching a sad movie and being forced to not cry. Sometimes she was beaten and punished in physical training, but she couldn’t be angry. She had to endure it all to prove she could in fact control her powers.

Setting a new record was due to the end of her training and gave her permission to swim to the shore. She was easily able to do so now that she knew how to swim better. Yoon exhaled softly upon feeling the wind when she exited the water, finding comfort in the cotton fibers of her towel that dried her.
Windwakerguy430 commented…
When did Kyung contract COVID XD 11 months ago
cosmic_fusions commented…
if only that were the case XD 11 months ago
don't worry it's not a disease xD 11 months ago
Leonard would remain at the dock of the ship, looking out to the water. He knew that it was better to just not bother calling. Better for the others who could be heard and better for himself less he got too attached. But at the same time, he also promise to make phone calls regularly while he was away. He would reach into his pocket, pulling out one of the eight disposable cellphones he had bought for the trip. After four days he was already down to a fourth one. He would raise the phone to his ear, dialing Kyungs number and waiting for a reply
The vibration in Kyung-ha's pocket prompted her to look down and retrieve it, only for her eyes to widen slightly upon the unknown number. She had a good idea on who it was considering the timing, and so she told Yoon to fetch her brother while she closed the distance between herself and the mansion for a better reception. A few steps in and she finally answered the phone.
There was a brief moment from the line as Leonard looked around, making sure there was no one watching, no microphones or wire taps on the deck, before finally he would speak, hoping the roaring of the water below would block any noise from anyone else. “Hey Kyung. It’s me. Yeah you can probably hear the ocean behind me. That fucking prick really had me put onto another ship. This time he’s got an eye on me. Some woman, probably a goon of his or something to make sure I do the job. Somewhere off this coast in Alaska. Should probably finally reach the destination soon. How are things on your end? Any attacks or magic happenings?”
Kyung-ha lifted her mask only slightly to reply so that it wouldn't sound too muffled. "No attacks. All is quiet on our end." She reported straightforwardly. "Both Keepers are alive." Perhaps they weren't well in the head, but they were alive which counted for something. She knew Galiah was probably one of the reasons Edgar hadn't lost it yet. She reflected back on what Leonard said with furrowed brows, still feeling guilty of the situation in general. "Thank you for doing this." She reminded him. "As much as you probably want to fight both of them," she referred to the mysterious woman and Thube, "No engage or no not engage either––just let happen what needs to happen." But she knew that he was aware of that already for the sake of his survival. "Keep advantages close."
“I know” Leonard remarked at being told to hold his anger and frustrations back for the time being. She wasn’t off by too much. He would have much preferred to put a bullet in Thube for what he did back at the manor. But more importantly, he knew that he had little chance of fighting him off at this point and just had to go through with the job. At the thanks from Kyung, Leonard let out a sigh and spoke, “No need to thank me. I’m doing it for a good reason”
And as he would remember it, he asked, “How’s Sangeon doing? Is he doing better after… you know?”
"He doing... better, at least." Kyung-ha commented, having to release the grip on her mask once she saw her two children walk by her with towels around them. They were holding each other's hands, with Sangeon carrying all the discs he retrieved from the body of water. Yoon signaled to her mother that they were going to head back to the manor, in which Kyung-ha only gave a nod to and turned the other way.

"He know how to swim now. Not letting that stupid drowning thing happen ever again. All this hiding from droven and constables only to be taken out by water? Psh." She muttered to herself. "Not... necessarily ready for defense training, though."
“He’s a child, Kyung” Leonard spoke, a bit of sympathy in his words. “Makes sense that he’d be hesitant in learning how to fight. Even if it’s for self defense and even though I’m positive he knows your doing it for his safety… he couldn’t possibly understand what this world is, and I hate to imagine what he has to go through so quickly…”
And as Leonard sat there, his arms resting on the rails of the deck, he commented on a somber whisper, “I made a mistake bringing him to Turkey. He’s just an innocent kid. And that cocksucker Thube… I ain’t gonna forgive that piece of shit. But I can’t forgive myself for letting it happen”
"It all narrows down to my fault. Had I gotten to Operator AI sooner all this no happen, so I take full responsibility." Kyung-ha corrected so he wouldn't throw the blame on himself. "Only choice was to bring him to Turkey. He was already a target in California and I no know of anyone else who could've hid him." She said, reiterating the fact that Kyung-ha could only count on herself and no other family members to care for her children. "It don't matter anymore. What is done is done." She frowned underneath her mask. "And what has to be done, will be done." She added.
“Kyung…” Leonard was prepared to correct her, but he knew better than to try. He knew that the second he tried to tell her it wasn’t any of her fault, he’s be cut off almost immediately. Instead he just sighed and remarked, “You’re right. Whoever’s fault it is it doesn’t matter. We just need to do what we can to make sure it doesn’t happen again”
But as he looked down at the dark blue ocean reflecting the night sky, he would casually add, “But once this is done I’m probably gonna break that fuckers nose. Doesn’t matter who’s fault it was, at the end of the day he’s the prick who pointed a gun at a kid”
"Don't." She immediately said, which meant she was serious considering Kyung-ha herself wanted to dissect him alive and remove every organ of his one by one until his body failed him. "Just... don't." Leonard was human, while Thube wasn't. He was outmatched with that fact alone. And despite her job hunting creatures like that, she knew how superior they felt themselves to be compared to humans. "If he truly somewhat likes you then no waste that liking. Might be the only reason you come out alive."
“Can’t promise anything” Leonard remarked as he would lift himself from the rail pacing a bit around the front with a bit more frustration. “That kid… none of that had to happen. No need for Thube to pull that on Sang. It pisses me off, Kyung. He’s a good kid.”
Kyung could practically hear the desperation, the boiling anger at what had happened taking over his mind. It was something else, more than just the regular frustration that Leo felt when someone innocent was brought into the crossfire. This was something else. Something that happened when he got close to someone. They’d get put in the line of danger despite his best efforts. But he calmed his nerves, and spoke, “But I’ll refrain. I think he gets off to pain anyway… How did Sangeon feel about the gift?”
"I no think he cares." Kyung-ha reminded him, knowing very well he didn't. She shared the same anger as he did; however, hers was much more intense and to be feared, especially with how much control she had behind it. She let silence soak in for a few moments before Leonard had asked about Sangeon's gift. She gave the smallest efforts of a smile. "He brought it swimming with him." She mentioned. "How you know he like figures of action, eh? That obvious?"
“Nah, he made it way easier. Didn’t need to read his birth certificate to know any young kid likes action figures” Leo joked with a bit of a smile coming to his face, “Besides, I saw it and thought it would be of some use to cheer him up. I know I should only be using the money for the good of the mission… but my goal started with helping Sangeon, so I think it’s important to seeing the mission through”
He would give a bit of a chuckle at the comment, leaning back against the rail now before he would ask, “How about you, Kyung? I know you don’t like being worried about, but… I dunno, just want to know. Help pass the time while I’m trapped on this damn freighter”
"I is good." She kept it short and simple, which only emphasized how much the woman disliked talking about herself. "––This call shouldn't be longer than necessary." Kyung-ha suddenly added, as if it were her excuse to no longer talk about her well-being. "No want to risk phone tapping or interception." She would later sigh softly. "I should go." Her eyes looked around her before adding, "Thank you again, Leonard. Stay alive." Kyung-ha would end the call to avoid any attention on herself.
“Kyung, wait-“ but before he could get another word out, the line would be disconnected. He was left calling to an empty nothingness as he was hoping to get back to her. “Kyung? Kyung??” But there was no response beyond that. He let out a sigh of frustration but knew that it was for the best. With another phone used and potentially ready for wire tapping, he would snap the phone in half and toss it into the River, now leaving him with only three disposable phones left
Alana: that's not very eco-friendly of. you 11 months ago
I thought Alana would say “boo hoo hoo” cause of the incident XD 11 months ago
Meanwhile...

"I thought swimming was supposed to be fun..." Sangeon mumbled under his breath as he walked besides his sister, feeling comfortable speaking up about his thoughts now that his mother wasn't near.

Yoon looked down at her brother with a pitiful frown, knowing he must've been exhausted from all the swimming at this hour in the morning. It wasn't recreational swimming either, it was intense exercises in the water they both had to do to ensure they would never drown again. "Me too." Yoon said, only to agree with him so he wouldn't feel alone in his thoughts.

"B-But at least when we go back to Florida we can swim in the beach now!" He commented optimistically.

Yoon's frown deepened at Sangeon's words. With the time spent in Turkey, she was sure at this point they were never going back. They would never see their old apartment again. They would never get to grab a pretzel bun after their shift in their mother's salon in the mall. They would never hang out in the park down the street, or stop by for a snack in the gas station. The possibility for school for either one of them so out of reach. Those events she cherished only existed in her memories now. "Yeah... maybe..."

At the arrival upon the back entrance of the manor, Yoon took Sangeon's hands to help him up the steps of the deck to ensure he wouldn't slip. They were both mostly dry at this point, but she still took her precautions. She opened the door to the house, letting Sangeon in first before she followed behind him after accidentally shutting the door a bit too hard with the help of the strong wind.

With the others gone, the grand house seemed so... empty. Especially when considering the only people who remained there, Edgar, spent most of his time in his own RV––along with Galiah who naturally spent most of her time with him as well. It almost felt like it was only her own family that occupied it. Although that being the case also explained why the house was so clean and spotless.
So I still have zero answers on the mask XD 11 months ago
hush xD 11 months ago
Samantha sat on the car roof as Mason had fallen asleep in the backseat, looking at her phone with sheer boredom. She knew it was better then to bother Roux once more on just what was going on. But even still she found herself bored to tears at sitting in Alabama, letting out a yawn as she would look to the evening sky. As she would glance back to her phone, she would pull the contact of Yoon, one with a picture of Yoon and herself eating Korean noodles that they got back in Florida. It was crazy to see how much they both had changed. She would decide to hit her with a text message out of sheer boredom
"Hey"
"How goes the manor and shit?"
"I'm booooooored"
she just came back from swimming/training she does not have her phone on her xD 11 months ago
Bullshit, every millennial has their phone on them in all cases XD 11 months ago
She can reply to it later XD 11 months ago
Both Sangeon and Yoon removed their shoes as if routine, leaving them by the doorsteps and walking on their socks instead. Since the majority of the people in the manor were gone, the floors were always clean which pushed Kyung-ha to keep them clean by removing their shoes. They weren't aware of the presence in the kitchen since the past few days Edgar and Galiah had remained outside most of the time. And so when they went to check on what was awaiting them on the stove for breakfast, they both froze like deer in front of headlights seeing the two individuals in the kitchen.

If it weren't for the fact that Galiah was there, Yoon most likely would've used Edgar's blindness to her advantage and leave to avoid an awkward encounter. But even now she felt guilty for thinking of such thing. She inhaled a deep breath and gave her best effort of a friendly smile. "...Hello." Her usual quiet voice was like a snowflake landing on a leaf.
Galiah would soon lift her head up to see Yoon standing at the entry way of the kitchen, her lips trying to form some semblance of a smile to the young woman as she would slowly pull her arms away from Edgar before she would stand by the side of the table and give a boy to Yoon. "Good morning, Lady Yoon. I see that you are doing well. I hope that our training with magic is doing you some good. Have you learned the proper way to balance during a high kick yet? Very important to learn balance and focus your magic onto one part of your body. Must learn to multitask and train the body and the mind"
Edgar tried not to let out a sigh as he heard the front door open, and the shuffling of feet that followed down the hallway all the way until he heard the quiet voice that came from the doorway. His lips opened slightly as he would start to speak, but in the end, said nothing as Galiah spoke. But it was what she said that slowly started to irritate him, and he didn't know why. Ever since Raven had told them about their memories, and how there had been things missing, their was something in his memories that nagged. Something that started to strike a nerve. But he remained as he was, the only thing that showed semblance of any of it being a finger that tapped slowly against the table, which wasn't much of any at all.

He closed his eyes behind the dark brown-bronze tinted glasses, not even really being able to feel one side close anymore. His hand shook slightly as he lifted his mug, but steadied with soft jolt from a lightly tightened grip as he started to zone out for a moment as he drank from his coffee, almost like he went through the motions of it rather than actually doing it.

He drew in a breath through his nostrils, his the bottom of his mug clanking softly against the table. It was barely seconds before he was drinking from it again. The bottom of his cup clicked against the table top, this time just slightly harder than last time as his mind revisited the dream from a couple of days ago. It wasn't a vision, no. But as he sat there, drinking coffee, he thought about the man that had spoken to him.

The ragged, and life worn older man with the many eyes within two.
Yoon adjusted the towel over her shoulders when she was spoken to, her small smile expanding only a little. "Heh... Y-Yeah, I think I got the hang of it..." She spoke softly while walking through the kitchen, which contrasted Sangeon's speedy walk to grab his usual glass of apple juice. While the adults relied on their coffee for the morning, Sangeon needed his cup of juice. However, he wasn't as excited about it this time around his mother made apple juice from scratch for this week, which had way less sugar than the store-bought ones considering she diluted the juice.

"I learned h-how to balance myself on there, b-but extending my magic from my leg is a little hard---I-I can only do it through my hands..." She added shyly. And as she arrived to her destination, a social part of the Keeper wanted to compliment Edgar's new glasses, but she figured he wasn't in the mood of socializing just yet before his cup of coffee considering her greeting wasn't return. And so instead she just shifted awkwardly, hovering over the pot her mother left simmering on the stovetop. But upon removing its top, she frowned at the sight of the bone broth vegetable soup below her. She hated the amount of greens she saw in the singular pot, mumbling to herself while closing it.
Galiah scratched at her ear in confusion before proclaiming, “on nonsense. I’m sure you can manage at some point. A keeper can do all sorts of great things with their magic if they really dedicate themselves. You just need to keep at it. But I must say, your figure is really coming out. A fine warrior vessel. I dare say perhaps one day I could be sparring with you Lady Yoon” Galiah smiled a pleasant smile at her statement, turning to Edgar as she asked, “Edgar, we must begin training for you as well. It would be a shame if it all fell behind”
galiah is puke xD 11 months ago
I am very tired XD 11 months ago
Don't let us go in vain.

Yet there he sat, drinking another cup of coffee. He could feel the grip of the man's heavy hands of metal upon his shoulders still. In his eyes had been desperation, until...until he watched them empty into despair. It was completely, but it was there. He could still hear it in his voice as the eerily familiar man had said those words to him— stressed them with such an urgency while that thing....

His hand shook as he lifted his coffee mug again, but this time, it didn't reach his lips before he settled it back down onto the table, with it almost dropping as he heard the song in his head growing louder in volume. It sound as if it were right next to him. He stood up suddenly, but not too suddenly that it would just bring attention to himself.

"— a shame if it all fell behind."

He stood there for a moment, Galiah's voice having come back to him. He hadn't known if she was still talking to Yoon, or if she had been speaking to him. He didn't say anything at first, and instead careful grabbed his mug to pour out the rest of his beverage out into the sink once he was able to reach it. He felt around until he found the faucet and turned it on to rinse it out. After he was finished, he remained there for a moment.
"Edgar?" Galiah would repeat his name as she watched the man walk over to the kitchen sink without saying a word, watching as he would fill his mug with water now to rinse it out, and watching as he just stood there, not saying a word. She would look back to Yoon with some concern in her expression before looking back to Edgar and asking, "Edgar? Are you... well?"
"Oh uh—" Edgar gulped. His mouth had become as dry as ever. "Yeah. I'm okay," He finished what he was doing and dried his hands on his shirt. He turned around to where he heard Galiah, but unable to lock on to her presence immediately, but finding her aura shape again soon afterwards. "I uh..was just planning on taking a trip downstairs, is all," he answered, feeling his palms becoming clammy.