The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 9401-9440 of 9440

16 days ago afewseconds said…
Edgar let himself be guided the entire way by Galiah, only finding some sort of relief when he finally heard Yoon speak. Her usual awkwardness was something he had gotten used to over there time being acquainted as Keepers, something that was familiar. He felt as if he wanted to laugh a little, but it came as a cough that led into an anxious clearing of his throat.

Yan, who had only just been staring at Yoon curiously after it heard the smack against her forehead, poked its head out from behind Yoon when she felt that the two were present.
Elf...and human, it's thoughts whispered softly her. She felt a familiarity with them upon looking just as she had with Yoon, though not as potent.

~

Johnathan sighed at first, knowing that he wouldn't be able to stay as much as he expected that Kyung-ha would desire him too. As she had said, he was more than capable of handling himself even with the looming dangers of the Constables and the Droven. "Unfortunately, my stay may not be as much of a possibility as we'd like," he replied. "There is still...unfinished business, in dire need of completion back within the states. However," he started to add, knowing well enough that she would want to interject in dismay. "I do believe that laying low for a brief period of time here would be mildly beneficial."

~

"Yeah...about that," Katherine made a sort of face that was telling of the bad news that would come next.

But before she could even get another word out, there was a hard thud from a thick suitcase being settled roughly into the floor by Jackline, who had to take a brief second to catch her breath. Which in turn scratched a nerve. Her eyes narrowed at the others. She could feel RaveN's gaze though even as she turned to start unzipping the suitcase.

"Jackie," RaveN cleared her throat. "So...what's the plan from here?"

"The plan?" Jackline scoffed. "You heard them. They want to get back to Turkey to be amongst the other plebeians, correct? Have fun with that."

RaveN blinked, but then felt a rush of nervousness. "Well you're coming too....right?"

Jackline paused with a scoff that came from her soul. "Uhum, absolutely not."
16 days ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Galiah would turn to Edgar for a brief moment when he would hear the cough come from him, but would soon return her attention to the stairwell where she heard Yoons voice. Leading Edgar along, they would pass the main hall, passing a conversing Kyung and Jonathan just a short way away, and find theirselves on the stairwell. But as soon as they did, Galiah would come to a stop
Edgar couldn’t see, but there was a shift in the atmosphere, and in the way Galiah held his hand, when Galiah would see the figure from the couch now standing beside Yoon. She wasn’t sure if she was going to attack or not, but Galiahs full attention was now on the unnamed visitor

“W-wait what?” Mason said as he looked back to Jackie with confusion. “But we were supposed to get you”
Sammy would cross her arms and raise her brow as she looked to Jackie, seeing as she was packing her bag now. She looked to Katherine and to RaveN and then back to Jackie. She remarked, “I didn’t think this would be a simple thing like saying we’re sorry and then Jackie was gonna just take that and come back with us. Course this…” she waved her hands around “is a bigger shitshow than I was even expecting.”
Sammy would then turn her eyes to Jackie, arms still crossed as she asked, “So what is it you’re gonna do then if you ain’t going to Turkey? Do whatever it is you’re doing on your own? Cause you know you can’t, not after how you left. You need help as much as we do, Jackie”
"I came into this world alone, I built my life alone, a good life—" Jackline hissed as her head snapped upward for her glare to be seen. "And then along came you people." She eye twitches hard. "YOU PEOPLE," she snarled snappily. "So yes. I do attend to be on my way without the untrustable dead weight."

"I can't believe this— so you're telling me you're going to go out there with nothing but a freaking teddy bear? Granted, its far as fuck from any kids toy, but still!" Katherine exclaimed.

"Oh, and so it's my fault that a stuffed animal has proven to be more useful to me than any of you?" Jackline sneered coldly. "So yes, again, that is precisely what I'm going to do. And so you're either with the program or not."

"Okay, no—" Katherine shook her head. "Sorry, but no. I'm not letting my friends be sitting ducks out there all because they came trying to help your stubborn ass!" She snapped back at Jackline. "Sorry. I got a conscious."

Jackline was taken back at first, seeing how willing Katherine was to side with the others. It infuriated her more than she would care to admit to herself directly.
Let them be laid to waste then. Clearly they aren't worth the effort and neither is she. Compose yourself and move on, Constantine's phantom voice ordered in her head.

RaveN on the other hand, shook her head heard. She felt anxiousness knotting up in her chest.

~

Edgar was hesitant to say anything at first, especially after feeling the shift in the air through the way Galiah's hold on his hand tightened some. And while he couldn't see through the conventional means, he could see the stranger's aura outline. It's was unlike anything he had seen thus far. It was solid, but dim, yet shimmering. He felt something tug from the back of his mind. "Uh, hey Yoon. I've noticed that our guest is awake. So... what're we dealing with here?"

Yan leaned over a little more to look from behind Yoon with a blank expression aside from the drowsiness in her face. She looked up at Yoon from where she remained crouched, and then back to Galiah and Edgar before pointing directly at them. More so Edgar than Galiah.
Sammy crossed her arms as she looked to Jackie as she was relieving her anger at her, her frustrations. And Sammy couldn't help but feel a few words coming up in her mind as well, some she wanted to throw out. How petty Jackie had gotten, how vengeful, cruel, arrogant she had been after she left to everyone. She kept it to herself though.
Mason was at a complete loss for words, unsure of what to even say as well. He didn't have any thoughts n his mind, just guilt. Guilt for something he couldn't understand. He wanted to say so much, but now was locked up, any words getting stuck in his throat before they could come out.
It wasn't long before Sammy would give a tired sigh at the whole arguing, brushing her hair back with her loose ponytail as she spoke, "What you feel right now, Jackie, isn't important. None of us wanted to come back here by ourselves. But we're here and that's that. Clearly you knew we'd be here which is why you waited. You can tell yourself you hate our guts all you want but the fact is you need help whether you wanna admit it or not. And we ain't leaving without everyone"
She would turn to RaveN with a glance, "Everyone."
Her attention returned to Jackie "So you wanna do this nice or do you wanna drag this out longer?"

As soon as Yan would point, Galiah would take the front and stand in between the stranger and Edgar, in case something would happen. Nothing did, but she remained in her position
16 days ago cosmic_fusions said…
Yoon felt the need to straighten her back a little to seem taller when the next question was directed towards her. She glanced back at Yan and Sangeon, quietly swallowing to herself before returning the gaze to the fellow Keeper and elf. "Yes... she's awake, she woke u-up––" Yoon confirmed with a silent nod as if it wasn't obvious. "H-Her name is Y-Yan a-and she's on our side, I-I think she was a victim too when our memories were stolen––she's here to help!" She announced first to ease any discomfort or distrust. "And.... and right now she's saying that w-we're in danger. Something... something happened to the barrier a-around the house, i-it's left us exposed t-to the rest of the world. I think.... I-I think some really bad people found us already, m-maybe the ones who took away our memories o-or maybe the Constables o-or maybe the droven."

"You know I support you and any unfinished business you may have." Kyung-ha added. "But your life comes first to me. I no think I could lose another immortal." She confessed emotionally. "I no think I could lost another family of mine." She said with her thoughts reflecting back on Clark and even Sarah. Kyung-ha was relieved to hear his last few words, before correcting what she said earlier. "But I no need to worry, because I won't lose another. Not with your admirable skills and strength." She gave the effort to offer him the smallest of smiles. "Now let's get that AI back on track to see what we can do for barrier."
Jackline's eyes went between the others, switching slowly, watching faces. There was more alertness in her gaze. Wariness.
You heard that? Constantine's bleak phantom was knelt down beside her, stroking some of her hair. You know the drill. Disregard the disregarding.
Jackline watched Constantine's foot give her suitcase a gentle kick that made no sound. By the time she looked back at the others, her hand was on the zipper of the suitcase. She hadn't been packing. Not by a long shot. "What I feel right now is unimportant, you say?" A small, stiff, but defined smirk broke across her face as she unzipped the suitcase. "You really believe I was here waiting for the likes of you? To come help me? For you lot to drag me back?"

RaveN found herself squinting slightly. The look on Jackline's face was something that she had seen before. "..Jackie...." She said cautiously, but yelped and stumbled back a few steps.

"Whoa CHRIST—" Katherine put her hands up. "Jackie— Jackie let's talk about this—"

The suitcase had dropped on its side with a thud, and pointing at them now were the barrels what seemed to be two Uzis. However, their smooth shape and the faint red glow from the loaded clips made it obvious that they weren't ordinary weapons. "No. More. Talking." She growled out the words hard. "There was something taken from me. Stolen. And I will NOT stop, until I have it [back[/I]. You all, and that blue eyed, white haired harp, can go straight to the deepest parts of hell with all of your troubles in tow.

RaveN was stiff, and her eyes wide behind her glasses. It was almost as if she was frozen. More than that, there was a hurting within her eyes as she looked at Jackie. But she was also confused by something. White hair, blue eyes? "Jackie...Jackie listen to me—" She inhaled sharply when the barrel was pointed directly at her. And she could see it on Jackie's eyes. She could feel it. Jackie wouldn't hesitate to shoot. But she knew that of she was anything like her Jackie, some part of her would still listen. To at least hear them out one last time. She gulped. It couldn't be helped. She held up the hand she had shown Sammy with the band around her finger that seemed to be engraved, as if it had always been there. "You don't have to do this alone..."

"Alone?" Jackline scoffed in disgust. "Oh spare me the sentiments. I have me, myself, and I. And quite frankly, they're much more efficient than any of you." She spat. "That said. You all should be on your merry ways now, don't you think so?"

~

While Yoon was explaining to the others what seemed to be the current situation, the finger that Yan had pointed at Edgar slowly went up in a drifty kind of way, like she was following bubbles that were floating off towards the ceiling. Her finger came back down to Galiah, and then slowly did the same as before. It repeated again with Sangeon. But then she seemed to point to empty spaces, looking to be a bit absent-minded.

The moment Yoon had mentioned something about the barrier that had kept them off the map for so long now being gone, Edgar felt sick. He ran his hand through his hair, covering his mouth soon after ay the taste of bile. But it was when Yoon began to mention the many possibilities of who could have marked them for dead, he felt himself lose balance. He had to rely on Galiah to keep himself standing straight. The only thing he could say at first was, "How?" His mind raced, and the first thing it landed on was the others. If they had been found, then... "And the others?" He asked, fearing the worst.

~

"But I no need to worry, because I won't lose another. Not with your admirable skills and strength."

Johnathan had smiled at the statement a little. He didn't know why, but he felt a sense of duty and honor. "After all, I was taught and trained by one of the best." When Kyung-ha mentioned going back inside, he gave a nod of agreement. "And while we're at it, I'll see if I can get in contact with Gofer."
Mason was quick to panic with a sudden shout as he was immediately frozen stiff at the sight of the dual sub machine guns in Jackie’s hand. Sammys brows raised a bit, a little surprised that she had resorted to those methods out of the blue. But she had remained calm, collected. At least until the guns were aimed at RaveN. Without much hesitation, Sammy aimed her own handgun at Jackie, homing it with both hands with the safety clicked off
Mason would only further panic at the sight, “S-Sam what are you doing” the man blurted out in a panic
“Just keeping myself and everyone safe” Sammy said with the handgun raised. “I can see your magic is still on the fritz if you’re resorting to guns”
There was an ominous cold tone to the way Sammy spoke. It was clear that Jackie wasn’t the only one who went through some changes. Sammy kept the gun raised, speaking softly, “I don’t wanna hurt you Jackie, but you better stop acting so stupid.”
But it was when the mention of a white haired woman was brought up. It was clear that it caught Sammys attention. She didn’t know why but she had to asked “White haired… the hell are you talking about? There wasn’t anyone else at the manor before you left”

Galiah would look at the mysterious guest as her hand waved back and forth. She wasn’t sure what she meant, but she knew this much, that Yoon was not a liar, that she wouldn’t steer the group wrong, as the first of the Keepers it would only make sense. And it was only when Edgar would fall against her, it would only cause the elf to realize even further of the seriousness of the situation. She looked to Yoon and then to Edgar. The elf’s expression was far more serious, more than ever.
“Lady Yoon, inform the guests at once. Get to somewhere safe if you can. If someone knows we can’t be caught off guard, especially you and Edgar.”
"I... I don't know..." Yoon answered truthfully to both of his questions. "I thought that the only p-person who could even d-disrupt the seal was Ms. Constantine or someone as powerful as her s-so I speculated maybe it was Ms. Ka'Pun or Even Ms. Jackline b-but that c-can't be either b-because th-they're supposed to be on o-our side a-and they wouldn't do such a thing--" The Keeper admitted, finding herself distracted as Yan kept raising and lowering her finger. She swallowed hard at the idea that the others had been sent directly to their deaths if sides had truly changed, the anxiety rising in her making her itch behind one of her ears. For some odd reason her right ear had been itching more than lately with her nervous habits.

She froze when she heard the front door open in the other room, sighing of relief once she heard her mother's familiar steps enter what she assumed was the kitchen. "I-I'm not sure w-what to do, I-I just thought it was best if we all stuck together––keeper or n-not."

Meanwhile, Sangeon was just as confused and scared while processing new names that were not familiar at all to him. He had yet to meet the majority of other people his family was associated with.
last edited 16 days ago
Jackline looked at Sammy with eyes that held an unrelenting fury when she said that there hadn't been anyone else at the manor. To her, that meant that she had never been attacked. That she didn't have what essentially made her herself. That what belonged to her wasn't torn away. Stolen. That she hadn't been utterly humiliated, and cast away to die. "That's... that's how it's going to be?"
Tasteless, isn't it? However, what did you expect from the one that stopped you from saving me when I needed it most? The one that stopped you from finally proving what you're worth to me? Don't you see? They claim they're here to help, and then spat lies into your face. They came mock you. To make a fool of ya! And yet here you are, still considering helpin'em. Have you no pride?
Jackline's jaw clenched as her head was lifted to where she held her chin up at them by a hand that never was there. "Some things. Never. Change."
Right now, it's them, or your magic.

RaveN felt an unexplainable shift, she could see it Jackie's face. She could barely choke out the word "No".

Jackline's expression became colder, and as she spoke, her tone was harsh and bitter. As if at that very moment, she had become Constantine herself. "So. Be it."

Katherine's eyes widened. "Jackie don't you fucking—"

Before she could finish, the wall beside them would have thought to be paper with the manner it was forced inwards, splints of wood flying like tiny shards of glass. The suddenness of the sound was as if a small truck had planted straight through the side of the wooden cabin, and with it was the sound of the massive roaring bear that was Ricklenbourne.

The suitcase that was on the floor suddenly went flying towards Sammy's head while Raven had been knocked to the ground by the initial impact.

Ricklenbourne tore the side of the cabin to shreds with swipes that could take a torso from its hips, forcing itself through to the inside.

RaveN scooted back across the floor, shrieking in terror as the bear tore through.

~

"This is bad..this is bad...okay..olay..this is bad—" Edgar started to repeat to himself quietly. He started to pace back and forth, as per his own habit, but was stopped short by the tug of his hand still being in Galiah's. But then he stopped in his tracks as something that Yoon said rang on his mind. He flinched as something from his subconscious reached to him. A recollection. Something he had witnessed before It made his eyes tingle.
He became still and silent suddenly. It was as if he had stopped breathing all together. "...Oh my God..."

Meanwhile, as Johnathan would re-enter into the kitchen with Kyung-ha , he would immediately notice the absence of the three that they had left there. He paused for a momentarily and glanced at Kyung-ha with raised eyebrow. "They're at the very least still in ear range. I suppose that'll do while we figure out the Operator AI in the meantime?"
“Whatever the case may be we need to be ready when it happens” Galiah spoke with an uncanny seriousness to her voice. “After the last intruder we cannot afford anymore-“
But the elf came to a stop when she would hear Edgar’s sudden fear, the way he locked up in her hand and spoke softly, as if he had the Breathe taken from him. Galiah stopped her words to see if he was in any danger, her hand locking around his once more
“Edgar” the elf called out. “Are you alright”

Sammy kept her gun aimed, but the mistake she made that any professional could see was her lack of making good on firing. Anyone who would know that would know she had no chance. And it was moreso when the walls of the cabin had split open from the attack of the bear. Mason was quick to duck for cover when the walls crashed down in a fury, his hands covering his head in the heat of the moment.
Sammy was far more quick, a tribute thanks to Kyung Has training. When the suitcase came flying at her, she was quick to dodge the oncoming cargo. But what she wasn’t prepared for was the unbridled chaos that took over the cabin.
“Shit!” Sammy shouted out through the chaos, her eyes glancing back at Mason, who was also in a panic looking back at Sammy and the others, but his major focus was on the bear and RaveN who was currently ducked down in terror. With little options, Sammy called out “Katherine, cover me”
With little time to plan, or even much thought, Sammy made her way toward the bears front to distract it, doing whatever she could to separate the others from the massive hairy beast
last edited 16 days ago
"If no screaming yet, then no problem yet." Kyung-ha said since they were in hearing range anyways. "Over here," Kyung-ha guided Johnathan around the kitchen cabinets with her neck craned upward because of their height difference. She would remove the decor off the disguised kitchen counter, which were a few candles, a bundle of flowers in a vase she had picked for Constantine which would be changed out every three days, and a few stray crayons and off-brand hot wheels that her son had forgotten to put away. Her fingers gripped the edges of the countertop until locating the right spot to shift it over until the holographic display appeared.

Meanwhile...

"H-Huh? I-Is he okay?" Yoon's soft voice chirped up slightly when noticing the concern in Galiah's face after the silence Edgar fell in. She could even feel his temperature shift, which made her instinctively take a few more steps down to check on him. "W-What's wrong? A-Are you getting one of those... y-you know, those visions of yours?" She assumed.
It was within the chaos that Jackline stood still. Though her magic was gone, her natural instincts paired with the years as a Constable agent had gone nowhere. Despite the prickles of wood that were thrown into her face and into her hair, she was unnaturally focused. When she saw Sammy going for Raven, just as she knew she would, the corner of her upper lip pulled back into a snarl. Her thumb flipped the switch into single fire on one of the guns she held.

Before she could fire, Katherine managed flung one of the plates from the table at her.

But Jackline was as nimble as ever, and even more so deadly with her choice of weapons. The plate was blasted into pieces, and immediately afterwards, shots were fired in Katherine's direction.

Katherine dove behind cover, land behind the couch that had been violently shoved away by Ricklenbourne's entry. She thought quickly. The right side of her by started to bubble and pull away as she held in a painful groan, eventually unable to hold it as she was torn into a second Katherine.

"STOP!!! EVERYONE STOP!!" RaveN was shrieking at the top of her lungs while still hacking off from the bear.

Jackline was heading towards them when the couch started sliding across the floor at her at a speed that almost took her by surprise. She had plenty of time to avoid it, but what she didn't expect was the doppelganger of Katherine to dive from behind the couch suddenly to spear her through the room door behind her. They hit the floor with a thud.

Ricklenbourne's back legs kicked the rest of the wall's bottom half away as he finally brought the entirety of himself into the cabin with violent sways from its massive size. The floor groaned loudly under its weight as it went for Katherine, snatching her up by the leg with its teeth before slinging her out of its way with ease, leaving her to crash into the opposite wall.

"K-Kathy!!" RaveN eyes grew wide with fear. And then with anger. Her gaze bounced around the room, her brain taking in information rapidly. Calculations flew through her head. She took in account the floors creaking from the moment they had first entered the space a while back. They had already been old, but now—
She took into account the size of the unnatural bear, and was able to estimate a weight. She noticed the floorboards bending. Some of the roofing had been knocked loose by a roughly 18 ft hole. She speculated that putting enough force on the right place could cause it to collapse. But she needed something faster. Her thoughts raced back to the floor boards. In the time it took for Katherine's body to hit the floor, of had all ran through her head.

In the same instance, Sammy would suddenly feel something in her head that was like a small jolt before information flooded her head in the form of adorable but oddly comprehensible doodles that had disturbingly precise angles included. It was the best she could do in her franticness. It all came down to Sammy's athletic abilities. Jumping at the right angle, as high as she could on the lowest part of its body. Applying as much pressure on her landing on it as she could, forcing more weight with the use of pressure, and that extra weight hopefully being just enough to make the floorboards beneath it give in completely.

~

"If no screaming yet, then no problem yet."

Johnathan sighed out a chuckle at Kyung-ha's dismissive humor. It was something that he didn't know he had missed as much as he did until that moment. He followed her around to the countertop, helping clear away the miscellaneous items that were on to of it. And once Kyung-ha activated the holographic display, his brows furrowed. It was definitely an older model, much older than he had expected it to be. But it certainly wasn't one that unfamiliar to him. He recognized it as some of Gofer's own work

-

"I've seen this before — heard it. In a dream..." It was like some sick sense of dejavu. "Are you having one of those, you know, visions before—" he muttered the same words Yoon did, though a bit faster. It was word for word and without a stutter. He chased after more, tries to remember more. And more poured in. Fragments of different parts, some blurry, but clear enough to connect here and there.
B-Before?" Galiah repeated the word softly with a bit of worry in her tone. It was all she needed before she looked to Yoon with some worry. She nodded to her and replied, "Lady Yoon, I believe that things are taking a turn for the worse. I believe it would be wise if you gathered your mother here and she were to hear this. As the only other fighter here, we'll need everyone to understand"

Sammy was more than prepared to do what she needed to keep the bear from causing anymore harm to the others. It was all sorts of chaos as her eyes would dart to Katherine taking care of Jackie for the time being, but this, this was different. This was a creature ten times the young womans size, raving, snarling, angry. It was enough to almost cause the girl to buckle and fall. Almost.
As she would try to form a plan, it was like one was being painted in her brain. As if her mind was the canvas and whoever this was was formulating it out in sketches. It didn't take Sammy much to figure out just who it was. But she didn't dare question it. It was the only plan she had, and if RaveN was the one capable of making it, it had to be a good one. It had to be. In the heat of the distraction as the bear and Jackie were focused on Kathy, Sammy made her way out of the cabin as quickly as she could.
Unlike before when she had to climb up the roof of the manor, climbing up this rickety cabin was no trouble. A few jumps and finding the right out of place to latch onto, climbing up to the roof to where the hole had been made for it. She hoped it was the right enough height. She had to try. With the angle as best as it could be and her determination the only thing driving her, Sammy hopped down the hole, like a thread through a needle, and aimed to drive her feet into the massive creatures spine with as much force as possible, putting all her weight into the bottom of her work shoes.
Ricklenbourne was taking a turn towards where Jackline and the doppelganger had disappeared to when it caught on to the sound of what sounding like large branches snapping along with loud thuds. But before he could maneuver out of the way with his enormous body, the roof collapsed onto top of its body. The extra weight from the roofing plus Sammy made the floor screech harshly with the crackling of wood as it gave in almost immediately.

RaveN had to scramble to her feet when more of the floor collapsed than she originally had thought
Then again, she hadn't exactly thought about that part of things at all. "Mason, check on Kathy!" She was going to see if Sammy was okay, but flinched at the sound of the gunshots that lit up the room across the now destructed scene of the cabin.

Jackline appeared in the door way soon afterwards, wiping blood from her nose and lip as she leaned against the doorframe for a quick second. Her body still was far from in the best condition, but she told herself that it was going to have to do.
Kyung-ha waited for the holographic display to load completely without any glitches before she would place her small hand on the scanning sector, which had a drawn handprint much larger than hers for the other immortals. With the same hand she began to tap a few buttons, finding it odd that she actually remembered the pattern on how to do so in the first place. "Let's see how bad is it..." She pressed a final button before clearing her throat to speak. "Operator AI," she began, skipping the pronunciation of the letter 'a' for she usually just called it Operator I to minimize the English vowels she had to say. "Scan for errors and defects in shield pattern."

Yoon stopped talking completely as soon as Edgar finished her sentences, quite literally taking a step back up the stairs because she was taken aback by his ability. She was at a loss for words, glancing back at Yan and Sangeon for some type of support.

"만일 그가 미래를 알 수 있다면 우리에게 나쁜 일을 경고할 수 있지 않을까?" Sangeon tugged at his sister's sleeve, asking if Edgar could just tell them what 'bad stuff' the future held so they could avoid it.

".....I-I don't think it w-works like that..." Yoon replied back in English before looking at Galiah to respond. "-I-I don't even know wh-what my mom can do ab-about that---I..." She finally let go of the hands behind her to rub at her thumb. "I... to be honest, I-I've been training more physically a-and not so much mana...callyish.... maybe... m-maybe if you go into the position Ms. Jackline taught us it can help clear his head? F-Focus better?"
Mason was still in a panic at what was going on, but he could still make out RaveN's calls from within the madness
"Mason, check on Kathy!" He hard her scream through the cloud of chaos. He didn't know why or what compelled him to go over to her in the mess that it was, but he did his best now with the bear taken by surprise. It was his best chance at getting to it. He hurried over as best as he could from his crawling position, doing his best to keep out of sight before he made his way over to her. "Katherine, are you okay?"
Sammy had barely kept her footing after she landed on the bear, nearily crashing down along with it. The mixture of the falling roof top and splinters thankfully missed her, but she had scratches across her arms and face, her hair had some dust in it and her uniform was now a wrinkled and messy. But despite the fall, she managed to stand up from the pain and get back to her feet. Before anything else, she called out, "Raven, are you okay?", her head looking around for her through the mess.
But her attention was brought back to the door when she could hear the gunshots coming from the doorway. And when an exhausted and bloodied Jackie walked through the door, Sammy was quick to return to where she had been from the start, her own gun aimed at her with both hands aimed at her
"For fucks sake, Jackie, cut this shit out! I don't know what the fuck happened but we can't be wasting our time with the past right now. If we don't get moving we will all die, so how about you stop acting so fucking dumb and help us instead of trying to shoot us!"
13 days ago afewseconds said…
"Ugh." Jackline groaned, which turned into a scoff as she rolled her eyes. Her gaze went up for a split second as she noticed the falling debris. She sprayed the ceiling with bullets, causing the rest to of it to collapse with a heavy cloud of debris. Enough to give her a chance to spin back into the room and into cover. "Yeah, it's dumb when its not pertaining to you fawning over a head case is it? When it isn't your own life you've fucked up?" She made herself laugh some though hoarsely, emptying one of the clips into her hand and flipping the illumination bottom upright as she prepared to make her next move. "Like I said. Go to hell!"

Katherine barely made a sound when Mason got over to her, barely moved. She was out cold.

RaveN was coughing and trying to wipe the falling dust from her glasses, some of it getting into her eyes and making it even harder to see when it mixed with the tears from both the agitation to her eyes, and from something more. She was trying not to panic outright, as evident as it was, and was able to keep herself composed much better than her variant-counterpart.

~

"As the only other fighter here, we'll need everyone to understand —"

Edgar spoke Galiah's words to himself in sync, a sensation of dread creeping onto him as his memory was starting to finally get ahead of the conversation. Beads of sweat popped onto his face. By the time Yoon was talking to him about using the methods that Jackline had taught them, he remembered what made him wake up, slowly and in bits. The words became harder to remember, but the sounds. The sudden gasp— something... unnatural. The small trembles beneath his feet. The sudden crashing from somewhere, he couldn't remember where or how it happened. He recalled these sounds that were like many large and continuously turning gears. And then a harsh ringing.
His breathing picked up. He had been going somewhere fast, And in a panic. He remembered a sensation of agony, in his side. He could just barely breathe. It had felt like his lungs..—
Screaming Despite what he remembered feeling, it wasn't his. It was a guttural, so raw. Disbelief. That's what did it. It was at that point he usually woke up.
He didn't know exactly when, or where, or how close it was. He didn't know how much time he had to stop it, if he could stop it at all. But he'd be damned if he wouldn't try.

Suddenly, Yan stood behind Yoon, her drowsy eyes focused but on nothing particular. Or so it would seem as she would step down the steps, gazing off into air around them.

-

Meanwhile, Johnathan was able to witness how the Operator AI responded to the command, the holographic display crumbling into sphere of data that rotated like a globe. It spun, and then slowed before spinning more. He watched it come to a stop, unfolded and started to expand, and then zoom in.

But the further it did, red markers started to appear in certain spots, all of them within Turkey.
13 days ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Mason was feeling a tight feeling in his chest as he saw that Katherine was out cold. He tried to even shake her to try and wake her up but with no response. He tried to shake her in vein as if she was just sleeping, but he knew it was a vein attempt. He wasn’t sure what was going to happen now
Sammy covered her eyes from the falling dust to keep herself from going blind while in the struggle, throwing her arm out to swipe away any of it from her face to give her some chance to see. Once Jackie was in covet, Sammy would aim her gun around the room, wondering just where Jackie was gonna pop out, where she would make her next move. She was completely unpredictable in this state. “For fucks sake, Jackie. You’re even more worse off than we thought” she called out, as if trying to get her to pop back out

Galiah would silence herself when she would look back to hear Edgar repeating her words, without delay and without stutter. It was enough to make the elf feel a tightening in her chest. She would look back to Edgar with some concern and then back to Yoon. “I believe”, the elf muttered softly “That we would best inform as many as we can about this”
She's right. Without your magic, you're a lot worse off than you would have been before. They wouldn't have been standing now if it was still intact, Constantine chuckled to her. But something sounded... different, about her to Jackline. After all. What are you without it?
She agreed with her, though. Because her answer to that was nothing. But regardless, it wasn't enough to out weigh the small but clear voice that was still there. The one that kept her moving, kept her fighting against her own humility. Against the despair. The voice of her pride. "We'll see," she hissed aloud.

Clktpkssss— Something tumbled across the floor and slid into the middle of the broken room, a strange beeping sound coming from it.

RaveN's brain quickly began analyze what it was. The beeping. The tech. It took a second and a half to deduce the beeping to be a warning of some sort, something that acted as a secondary feature. "Sammycloseyour—"

A flash of disorienting flash and accompanied by a high pitched, deafening pop filled the area, causing any birds that were still near to flee from the surrounding trees.

~

"There's something... there's something coming— There's something here—" Edgar choked out the words he needed finally, fighting through what was now a growing sensation of weight in his eyes. A vision. But with Kyung-ha's agent friend back in the house, it was stunted. Not now, please God not now— His mind kept jumping back to the round of the twisting gears. Why did he feel like—
Realization smacked him across the face suddenly. "From the basement! It's coming from basement!" He blurted out.
last edited 13 days ago
Mason would take a glance over at the sight of the small device that rolled across the floor, unsure of what he was looking at. But as soon as he would hear some sort of beeping, he would immediately suck back behind the couch and cover his head, letting out a scream as he ducked back down
Sammy would look to the small grenade that started to blink underneath her. The moment it started to make nose, she would turn to try and run from the thing, only to get hit with the blinding light just barely abound direct light flashing her eyes. But it didn’t help much as the young woman was still trying to glance through the pain of the flash

“Basement?!” Galiah spoke, looking back to Yoon before she would, with a surprising amount of force, push Edgar into Yoon. “Yoon!” Galiah spoke in a more abrasive voice without the pleasantries the elf was known for, “Tale Edgar and get to safety at once!”
Galiah didn’t give much time for anyone to argue or to aid. She would pass Edgar into Yoons hands and make her way towards the basement in a hurry, preparing herself for whatever was down there
last edited 13 days ago
13 days ago cosmic_fusions said…
"G-Galiah, wait!" Yoon urged the elf, but it was too late before she was handed Edgar so that she could go off and investigate. She wasn't sure how to react, with one hand resting on his forearm and the other resting on his bicep when he was passed so quickly, not wanting him to collapse or suddenly fall. "Y-Yan wait n-not you too---" She added when it walked passed her, a little too far from her liking after what was revealed. Sangeon on the other hand did not dare leave his sister's side, but he was also scared that the only person who seemed like they knew how to fight had left them.

"....I-I dun like this..." He whimpered quietly behind Yoon. Yoon swallowed hard, trying to keep calm herself while consoling Edgar.

Meanwhile, as red marking began to pop up on the screen, all in which were located in certain parts of Turkey, all Kyung-ha could do was curse. "Shibal." She muttered. "This no good." How could they have been found so soon?"

Ommmmmmaaaaaaa!

Kyung-ha's ears easily heard the cries of her son, and she immediately dropped what she was doing right then and there to check. But before she even made it around the corner, Sangeon was already there at the entrance of the door with a worried expression on his face. He pointed from where he just came from, where only Yoon, Edgar, and Yan were. "The pink hair lady left us to check the basement! Someone is in there!"
Edgar tried to stop Galiah, trying to keep a hold of her hand when she went to left. He didn't want her to go, not unless he went with her. But he knew they if it was truly something, then he would only get in her way. And that feeling of helplessness stung.

"Perhaps no good would be an understatement." Johnathan followed the red dots that pulsated on the screen, counting them out quickly as they appeared. At first he was confused. Much like Kyung-ha, he wondered how they were located. He and Kyle had taken every precaution they could think of and then some just in order for him to get to Turkey. He took a closely look, zooming in on one of the dots at a time to see where exactly they were supposed to be located. What they led to. It didn't take long before he found out what they were. "No, this in fact can be good—"
He turned around when he heard Sangeon, and before he left to be at Kyung-ha's side, he made sure to lock down the coordinates. It was when he overheard Sangeon that he grabbed his weapon as he hurried along, cursing under his breath.

Edgar was trying to keep himself calm as more trickled into his memories from his dreams. He tried to ignore it out of worry for Galiah. For everyone. When he heard Sangeon call for Kyung-ha, he didn't know exactly why, but he felt a strong feeling of dread.

Yan however, had disappeared from the stairs and had followed behind Galiah, but stopped halfway as she felt an energy wash over the area. It was dense and heavy and terribly warm.

~

Jackline was on the move quick. The moment she heard the flash bomb go off, she whistled loudly shortly afterwards.

The flooring where Ricklenbourne had collapsed under was shoved violently into rubble as the bear burst to the surface where it had been "playing dead". Sammy would be yoinked into the air a second later by surprise, only to be spun into Jackline's swinging knuckles.

The ringing in RaveN's ears was so loud that she thought her ear drums had been ruptured. Unlike Sammy, she had used the thick sleeves of her lab coat to at least block out some of that flashing light. What she hadn't counted on was the duration. But the moment she went to make a move, a blow to the stomach knocked the air out of her, making her heave as she was sent crashing to the floor. She felt as if she couldn't breath, clutching her stomach.

Jackline staggered back and forth for a second, breathing heavily. Her hand went to the scar on her throat, and she winced. She could feel her body screaming with aches.
Sammy was only barely able to make out the after images of the approaching Jackie as her eyes tried to adjust to the flash from the grenade. But she wouldn't have any time to as the bear would launch itself from the ground, striking into her and then causing her to land right into Jackie's fist, causing the woman to fall to the floor. As her eyes had finally readjusted she could see RaveN falling to the floor in a pain as she clutched her stomach. Sammy groaned as she tried to get up, but felt the pain shoot through her after that impact. What she wasn't counting on was Mason getting up from the couch.
As Jackie was caught up in pain, she would soon find herself being grabbed by Mason from behind. The large man wrapped his arms around her like a safety belt on a coaster and locked her against him, holding her tight in a strong bear hug of sorts
"What am I doing?!" Mason thought in his head as he held her there tightly, trying his best not to squeeze the life out of her, but also keeping her arms locked in his hold so she couldn't escape
"Jackie, snap out of this!" Mason shouted out as he held her in a tight hold "We don't know what's gotten into you but we're not your enemy. We're trying to help you here. If you don't let us help you we can't get you back the way you were. Did you really lose all this just to let the Droven beat you?"

Galiah would continue walking as she would turn to the woman behind her. The elf would see the strange Yan standing there, following her, and it irked the elf somewhat. "If you have something you know of, you had best say it now." the elf demanded
She wasn't expecting an answer of course, but she turned her head away "The Keepers are my responsibility to protect at all cost, even with my life. If you wish to help, then help. If not then stay out of the way".
With that, Galiah would make her way to the basement door, and with little concern, she threw it open, her other hand aimed with a ring of fire around her wrist, aiming her fingers at the door like a pistol
The entire time Mason was talking, Jackline made it far from easy to just simply keep her retrained. She kicked and tried her best to claw with her fingers while her arms were held down. But as she was, she couldn't escape. Mason was much stronger. This made her nervous. "Let me go, LETMEGO!" The feeling of not being able to escape made her anxious. Desperate. "Get your hands—" She snarled and began to throw her head back with as much force as she could.

However, she didn't have to struggle long. Ricklenbourne stepped on Sammy with a heavy paw, threatening to crush her as it's deep growl came forth.

"No—" Raven wheezed out.

~

Yan, as Galiah had expected, didn't respond at all. At least not with words. It followed behind the elf until they reached the door. But once it was opened , her drowsy eyes widened. She moved towards Galiah quickly and grabbed her arm, attempting to pull her back weakly while shaking her head. Her mouth opened, but all that came out was a soft wheezing noise.

From much further down below, something could be heard. A faint scraping sound, along with something that sounded like a constant clicking from something that was turning into place.
Sammy let out a groan as she would feel the bears paw press against her back, feeling just enough weight on top of her as she was on the verge of being split in two. It was enough to grab Mason's attention
"Sam" Mason spoke, but as he was about to let go of her, Sammy barely managed to let out a word as she groaned in pain, "Don't let her go" Sammy spoke. "So what if the fucking things kills me? If it'll give Jackie some relief and feel she avenged her grandma, so be it. I don't gotta be the one to live. I ain't a Keeper. You guys are the ones that gotta get out of here. So go on Jackie, do it. Tell the bear here to fucking off me if that'll get you to shut up and let the others help you! Or is that not what you want?!"
Sammy would glance over at RaveN, feeling a bit of guilt in what she was saying. If her words weren't gonna reach Jackie... she wasn't sure what was gonna happen next. Hopefully it would be quick, that was all. But she remembered that she never gave up on Raven. And she was gonna do the same here. She called out, "Go on, Jackie, do it. Tell the bear to kill me. Do it now and then get a move on. You can't waste anymore time here, right?"

Galiah would feel Yan pull at her arm to pull her back, but the elf did not see this as a means of protection. The elf annoyingly pulled her arm back from Yan with little effort once she heard the scarping from down below, her arm still raised as she called down into the cellar with a more booming tone than she had ever let out before "Who are you!? Answer at once!"
last edited 13 days ago
Yan could feel the hairs on the back of her raise at the sound of the scraping from below. And as Galiah called down into the cellar, it would start to tug harder.

Because from deep down within the cellar...an answer came. There were words, but what spoke them couldn't be considered a voice. It entered through their ears. Through the breathes that they took. Through the very air around them. A ringing so loud that the manor tremored lightly. Trial. Tribulation. Execution.

~

Jackline was panting now, a few strands having broke away from her ponytail to hang wildly in front of her face. She glared at Sammy with a look on her face that one would think was only for their worst enemies.
Whatever decision, the blonde rat is right. Something's coming—
However, Jackline's focus was on Sammy. "You think I'd want to kill you when you're ready? On your time?" She seethed.
Jackie, there's something coming —
"You think I want you to get off easy," Jackline snapped. "Without really losing anything? Without watching me take it all away from you, like you did to me!??!" She shrieked hoarsely through fury. "What you ALL did?! If it's the last thing I do with my own hands I swear to god Samantha
JACKIE!!
"WHAT—" She was going to snarl finally on retort. But it was the sheer panic in Constantine's voice that brought Jackline to a sudden pause. Her eyes followed Constantine's phantom to the hole in the side of the house.
We've got company! MOVE YOUR ASS!!
Everything seemed to pause for Jackline. Is was almost as if she couldn't register it until she heard the slamming of doors from the outside. "Fuck!" She hissed. "See what you did—" She managed to use her legs and jump to headbutt Mason in the face with the back of her head to force him to let go.
last edited 13 days ago
“G-Galiah’s a great f-fighter she surely will be o-okay—“ She did her best to reassure Edgar, although she didn’t have much confidence in her voice so it didn’t sound like what she was saying was true. However, once she realized Yan was out of her sight, she too began to worry just as much, if not more. There was this internal feeling in her that did not like Yan being away from her side, but she wasn’t sure why. She had unconsciously began walking towards where the others had gone, slowly dragging Edgar with her. That is, until they passed by the door that intersected with Kyung-ha, Johnathan, and Sangeon. She had many concealed weapons on her.

“Where’s that Yams person?”

Yan…” Yoon corrected. “I think she went with Galiah down to the basement…”

If there truly was some type of danger down there, she didn’t mind if both Galiah and the new person took the blunt of it all since they weren’t the Keepers she swore to protect. But a thought did cross her head that it might’ve been Thube who had returned, and she wouldn’t miss the chance to gut him alive. “I’ll go, Johnathan stay and watch—“

“—No!” Yoon interrupted urgently. “You have to t-take him with you.” Her first reason was because she didn’t want her mom going into danger alone. Her second was something she observed from Johnathan the second he had rescued him from collapsing in the middle of Orlando. “I-I think he might be able to mute or lessen the extent of whatever is d-down there. H-He’s been doing it to us e-ever since he arrived h-here.”
Mason would fall back now, feeling like he had gotten his nose broken from the impact of the headbutt. It was enough to cause the man to drop Jackie despite his best to hold onto her, groaning in pain as he fell back. But it was not enough time for Sammy to respond. But with Mason now having no need to hold onto Jackie anymore, he did his next stupid plan. Despite the blood that came from his nose, he pushed it off to rush to the bear and use his large size to give the massive creature a push, doing what he could to get off Sammy. He was not a fighter. Far from it. But he knew that Sammy was and she was their best bet with Kathy out of the fight and Jackie as crazy as she was. He had to use his force for some good and try to get her out of the bind fast enough to deal with who, or what, was coming

Galiah could almost feel her body turn stone stiff at the whisper, no, the feeling that came into her in the form of an answer. It shook her, filled her very soul with dread. But despite that she did not waiver. It was the answer she needed to ignite a flame around her finger tips, the ball of flaming dancing on her fingers like a coin to be flipped. She wasn’t sure who or what was down there but she was ready
Windwakerguy430 commented…
The bear vs a bear. Who’ll win XD 13 days ago
When Mason attempted to shove himself into Ricklenbourne, it would feel like he ran directly into a steel wall. But he indeed was able to move it. Just not enough. The massive bear had barely moved it's shoulder on attempt to shrug him off, and when it turned to Mason, its eyes glowed for a split second as it growled at him. However it stepped off of Sammy on its own while moving to where Jackline was peeking outside

Jackline didn't like what she saw. Vehicle after vehicle. They had sent a squadron! She backed away from the hole in the wall, gripping at her hair momentarily. She could hear Constantine telling her not to panic, but to think. Now, and fast. "Ricklenbourne let's go. W-we need to make an exit——" She moved with haste towards the kitchen.

~

"Somebody just GO!" Edgar nearly yelled. He needed to know that Galiah would be alright. "If no one can decide then just let me do it!"

"That would be obviously foolish of you. A man that can't even see." Johnathan was already walking passed them in a hurry. He remembered Kore mentioning something about him being able to become a blockage of some sort when he was around magic. But it wasn't something he had exactly learned to control. But, she had taught him a few things during their time together. Pausing once he got to the doorway and turning to Kyung-ha, he told her, "Yoon is right. If it's another thing dealing in magic, then I'd be the best option. Stay with them. If anything we're to happen, you would know the best routes of evacuation if it comes to it. And if worse, I have a vehicle parked at the bottom of the driveway." With that, he was gone.

Meanwhile, the clicking sound had gotten louder, the steps heavier. There was something strange about the energy that began to push closer. Soon, a tall and wide, woodsy and mannequin like hand stretched around the corner, grabbing a hold of the wall as broad shoulders scraped into the walls. A spartan helmet-esque head scratched against the seeling, turning to the side for yellow glowing orbs to peer into the doorway where the elf stood.

The door behind Galiah suddenly slammed shut, and Yan was fleeing.
last edited 13 days ago
Sammy would give a heavy groan as she had to push herself up. Mason was still frozen with fear at the massive size of the creature, the lack of any movement. He knew it was a bear but even still, it was a miracle it didn’t just swipe his face clean off.
But Sammy was merely focused on the next course of action. “God fucking dammit, Jackie” She cursed under her breathe. She would turn to RaveN, seeing her huddled under the ground and ran to pick her up off the floor. “Hey you good to walk?”
Her tone had shifted from her past anger to one of concern at the girl, lifting her up to her feet as quickly as she could but as gently as she could. Even still despite her current state, her attention was focused on Ravens well being. Without much hesitation or delay, she would pick her up and call out to Mason, “Mason snap out of it will ya. Grab Kathy and let’s get moving. We can’t dick around any longer”
When Mason had snapped out of his fear endured trance he was quick to rush over to pick up Kathy. As Sammy was taking care of RaveN she was quick to retrieve her gun, checking to make sure the bullets were still in tact

Galiah would turn back the moment the door slammed shut behind her, taking notice that the silent woman had long since left.
“Damn mute” Galiah whispered under her breathe before she would turn back to the beast in front of her, “Hell demon that pursues is, I will show no mercy”. With no delay, Galiah would fire the ball of flame at the beast with the flick of her finger, the very fire turning from a small flame to a raging inferno toward the wooden beast in the blink of an eye
last edited 13 days ago
cosmic_fusions commented…
galiah is an ableist confirmed xD 13 days ago
afewseconds commented…
😂^ 13 days ago
Nah it’s fine. Only hate crippled people if they suck XD 13 days ago
Kyung-ha was in the middle of interrupting his decision in Korean when Johnathan finalized his and fled from her sight. She knew he was right, since she had basically planned an escape route and pre-packed vehicle with all necessities needed to head East in countries where there was less Constables centered. But still, she stood there, on the tips of her toes and her neck perfectly straight as if anticipating he would return any minute. The small hwando in her hands twirled back and forth in her right palm, and she finally turned to Yoon to address her earlier comments. "Speak more on what you know about his abilities."

"W-Well, I-I just feel like... I feel a little restrained, l-like I can't express myself how I u-usually would or c-can't really focus on w-what I'm doing, l-like if he walks into the room s-suddenly I am not myself--"

The mother blinked, her brows furrowing shortly afterwards. "This just sound like its because of your big crush on hi--"

"---yaaaaahh!" Yoon squeaked lowly with flushed cheeks to interrupt her from finishing her statement. "N-No! I-It's not that--He is literally blocking something inside me... I... I wonder if that's why the Constables are after him... To u-use him for that ability... Or m-maybe if that Droven needs t-that of him..."

Kyung-ha's expression darkened. "It is." If that were the case, they had a pretty good chance of survival. But she also wondered about the downsides of the ability, but didn't dare blame him at all if it had anything to do with the glitches and malfunctioning of the barrier.
The flame would engulf the creature entirely, and thanks to the enclosed space, it coursed.through the entirety of the spiraling hallway, raging all the way to the bottom where.it spewed out into the sandy area. However, a dark shadow of tall stature appeared within the flames, and.the creature's yellow eyes gleamed from within. Its gaze was intense, as if something much more ominous peered from a mere shell. As of thousands of gazes were upon her at once.
Soon, a fist suddenly emerged from the smog of fire, flying towards Galiah with immense force and a long arm held together by a mysterious light.

Just outside the cellar, Yan was moving down the hall fast until she ran directly into Jonathan, who was surprised by the sudden collision. But as she tried to scramble away, Johnathan caught her by the neck of her shirt.

"And where do you think you're going?" He growled at her with a look of suspicion. "Where's the elf?"

-

Edgar was listening closely at what Yoon had to say about the agent, and it was at that moment that he knew that he and Galiah had been on the right track all along. The sensation from earlier made too much sense now with that information. But what little relief he had was crushed when he realized what that meant. "Wait..that..that means Galiah's magic too!!" He didn't think. His body moved on its own, and being that he couldn't see in either of the fashions that he was able to, it led him to nearly falling over himself in his rush..

~

"Yeah..I-I'm good— RaveN groaned as Sammy helped her up, muttering, "She hits really frickin hard!" But what else did she expect? She went over to help Mason with Kathy, but would find that the large man wouldn't need much help with that. Her mind raced back to Jackie as she heard a crash from the kitchen.

In the kitchen Ricklenbourne had made another entrance just to fit through. He could hear the footsteps outside moving hastily to surround them.

Jackline was taking the empty clip from the second uzi, her mind racing to put together as much of a lan as she could.

“Pfff, Kyung hit way harder” Sammy attempted to make a joke in the heat of the situation. “That damn bear though” she added on top of it before she would hear the crash from behind the cabin. Know that Jackie would probably be too busy with agents to care about them. Sammy would see Mason lift Kathy ip in her arms, trying to shake her awake to no avail. With a sigh, Sammy would have to cock the gun back and hold it close to her. “So Kathy’s out and Jackie’s definitely out. Unless you got any ideas in your head RaveN, I guess we don’t have much of a choice anymore. We’re gonna have to run. Somewhere, anywhere, better than right here right now that’s for sure.”
“That’s a terrible idea” Mason said once again in a panic at the thought of getting shot at
“Yeah I have a lot of those” Sammy said casually as she held the gun up close “Everyone stay ahead of me. If the agents get close I can take ‘em”

Galiah would take notice of the fist emerging from her flame, sucking underneath the fist the beat she could in such a tight corridor, finding her current location the worst possible spot. “This is a bad spot to be in”. She thought of kicking the door down, to get more space. Even if the door wasn’t locked, which with the mute it must’ve been, she wasn’t ready to do that yet, lest she endanger the Keepers. Whatever this was she was going to do her best to defeat it or die trying. When the fist would fly close to her, she would rub her hands together, creating her pyromantic electricity to grab the creature to try and electrocute it
I finally get to use that electricity I brought up XD 13 days ago
cosmic_fusions commented…
yeah until Johnathan ruins it all xD 13 days ago
"....oh.... yeah I didn't think a-about that..." Yoon awkwardly scratched her head with a guilty frown.

Kyung-ha facepalmed herself, internally releasing the biggest sigh she had released since filing her taxes. "You've got to be KIDDING me."

But Yoon's focus quickly averted when she saw Edgar almost collapse, quickly rushing in front of him to serve as something he could prop himself up with. She almost slipped with him too, but with the little assistance of ice that grew behind her heels, she was able to stand back up straight with him. "E-Edgar w-we'll only make it worse--"

"It has to be someone with no magic." Kyung-ha already knew the answer.

"Me?" Sangeon innocently assumed.

"No!" Both Yoon and Kyung-ha said simultaneously with scrunched noses. "I will go. Yoon, you know well of the evacuation routes, yes? I no teach you for nothing?"

Yoon nodded. "Y-Yes, I-I remember."

"Good." Kyung-ha nodded at her, before she quickly cupped both of Sangeon's cheeks to deliver a kiss on his forehead. He wasn't allowed to follow her, for as soon as he tried, his feet were quite literally frozen to the ground as he watched his mother flee the opposite way to where the others had gone.
CRASH!

Johnathan's head snapped towards the sound, only to find the heavy cellar door flying from its hinges along with chunks from the wall where it had been attached. Without having time to think, he held Yan close and dove, the door clattering with loud metallic smacks until it hit the wall.

With the elf moving out of the way when she did, the creature's strike had hit the door and practically blew it away. The rest of its body started forward, and as Galiah's electricity hit it, it seemed to stunt in its steps momentarily, lifting one of its hands to block some of it as it muscled forward until it's large stature would give the elf no other choice but to flee through the shattered doorway.

Edgar had frozen at the sound of the loud crash right after Kyung-ha left, and fear poured into his veins. He could hear the twisting of the gears. He could feel the trembles on the floor. It was happening.

`~

"No way!" RaveN objected. But knowing they had less and less time with each passing second, she paced for a very brief second. "Okay...okay.." She took a deep breath, only to duck down at the sudden gunfire that ripped into the air. She immediately began to push Sammy towards the kitchen. "I have your back, gOGOGOGO!!"

Just then, the agents came after them. One kicked open the door, two flanking behind him. Two more entered in through the hole in the wall and started firing at them immediately.

Sammy nearly backed up at the sudden bullet that flew in through the wall and into the living room, making Mason give a sudden scream of terror at the sight. Soon when the agents began to pour in from the doors and the windows, and the gunfire ripped through the air, it only made Mason scream more as he would hurry out of the living room and into the kitchen, carrying the ever unconscious Kathy with him
Sammy would give a serious expression to the firing agents, and as RaveN tried to push her through the door, she would hurry along, making sure to fire back at the agents with a return shot. But something kept Sammy from hitting her targets. She could fire the bullet, fire the gun, but something kept taking her sim away from the agents and hitting things near them, extra lights, the walls near their heads, but not the agents. Was it some magic force? No. Sammy knew what it was. But she couldn’t let it get to her. She would fire another bullet before she and RaveN hurried into the kitchen. “Okay I’m going. Through the hole”

Galiah could only curse under her breathe as she was forced to escape into the halls as the creature began to emerge from the cellar. But her focus briefly shifted to Jonathan who had arrived. Looking at him, she could only give him a grimace before returning her attention back to the creature, “I see you brought the quiet one, stranger. Is she a distraction for us?”
Kyung-ha instinctively crouched low at the loud crash, the grip on her hwando remaining neutral until she arrived to where she saw both Yan and Johnathan on the ground. "Change of plans," she announced, "If you're too close to that elf she is of no use to us anymore. You gonna have to manage whatever we are dealing with at a precise distance where we can all attack it equally or else it will only rely on what your mana can do." She unzipped her tactical suit to reveal the bulkiness of her body which was covered in every smaller weapon imaginable, most of them being older versions of Constables weaponry. "Smoke bombs to temporarily blind it. Each hit from one angle." But then she pulled out what appeared to be a very similar gun that Johnathan had encountered with Kore, which was one of the newest designs which remained unknown how she acquired it in the first place. "Here," she tossed it at Johnathan. Her gaze went to Galiah. "I'll be the distraction."
last edited 13 days ago
"Depends," Is all Johnathan said in response to Galiah's question about Yan being a distraction. He was getting to his feet and pulling Yan with him whether it liked it or not. Once Kyung-ha got there though, his expression showed some confusion. As she began to explain why exactly gad been a sudden change of plans, he felt uneasy. But there wasn't time to argue, and he was more than well aware of that. As he was talking the gun from her, his attention turned as he heard what could have been mistaken as a tree being thrown through the room.

But instead it was merely the sound of the sudden mannequin creature ripping through more of the doorway as it stepped out into the light of the manor. It was tall, much more do than anyone present. And that was while in its mild crouch through the door. As it stood all the way up, it towered above them, it's ligaments spun in different directions before coming to a sudden hault, rune like gears spinning into place. Neither Galiah's fire nor electricity had done much of anything at all.

Yan had already been backing away with attempts to now pull Johnathan with her growing weaker. However as the creature came into the space, she froze into place.

Johnathan found his gaze back to go up much higher than he had expected he would have to. The damn thing was almost 15 ft tall. And as it approached, he said to Kyung-ha in a dull but humorous manner, "I'm beginning to understand your other reason behind retirement."

~

As the small group was moving to make their escape, the gunfire was far from hesitant. RaveN squeaked as she felt something hot graze her ear, leaving a sizzling sound there under the sound of the unfolding chaos. By the time they were outside, Jackline or Ricklenbourne was nowhere to be seen. However, outside the cabin, they were greeted by a few bodies of events that had been quickly dealt with. But with more behind them and even more still moving to surround them, they couldn't miss a best.

"That way!" RaveN said, pointing off further into the trees. Feeling that she could do more, she scooped up one of the guns from the ground along the way, nearly falling to do so while trying not to stop moving.
“Rave!” Sammy called out as she would hear the shriek come from her, taking a glance at the bullet wound that was now a grace on her ear. In her frustration, Sammy fired back at the cabin, once again hitting the walls and the ground but none of the firing agents, only delaying their firing for a few minutes.
Once the gang was outside, it took Mason as much effort as possible not to trip over the different bodies that Jackie had left. But despite it he had to keep moving through the woods
Sammy would make sure to keep an extra watchful eye on the others as they kept moving. As she hears RaveN tell them to go the other way, she would follow her direction, with Mason hurrying in tow with a terrified scream
As Sammy fired a few more bullets to hold them back, she would call out to RaveN through the sound of deafening gunfire, “I know you are too smart to lead us to nowhere. You got a plan for us to get out of here?

Galiah would look up at the massive beast, seeing how imposing it was. Imposing to the untrained, perhaps, but this was just like any other fight to her. A riddle that required footwork and skill. Galiah turned to the others and spoke with confidence “I don’t wish to scare anyone but I believe magic will not work on this beast”
With a snap of her neck, Galiah added “Very well then, then fisticuffs it is. More than one way to tell a Wollder Devil as my grandfather always says”
last edited 13 days ago
Kyung-ha shrugged. "Good exercise, at least." She returned the humor with an invisible smirk. But it quickly faded when she saw the approaching figure who was much taller than she was, however, she refused to succumb to intimidation. "Agility and speed are our strengths." She reminded them. "I'll launch the first smoke bomb. Be prepared as soon as it's distracted." And with the grace of a nimble cat, she was off.

The short woman ran eerily fast to build enough momentum to where she could hop on the right side of the walls and push herself off to land on a higher ledge of the left side with a few mild grunts. Kyung-ha rolled up the sleeves of her tactical suit to reveal an embedded link on her forearm, one in which she aimed towards the mannequin, but when shot at, the wire flew past it and instead hit the ceiling above it. It was done on purpose, for once she sensed a tight grip, she pushed herself off the wall and reeled herself toward it at an incredible speed. She was a blur in the air, using her free arm to retrieve one of the smoke bombs attached to her chest as she did an acrobatic forward tuck in midair, ramming the smoke bomb inside the Spartan Helmet where it stuck enough to explode in there just on time to create enough smoke so she could land perfectly behind the towering creature on both feet and reel back in her wired blade from the ceiling.
last edited 13 days ago