The Hunger Games Peeta or Gale?

runda99 posted on Oct 19, 2008 at 04:47PM
SPOILER ALERT!!! DONT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOK!

This should be interesting, as I myself am having an internal struggle between this. So clearly Peeta has fallen for Katniss, but she doesn't feel the same way... why? Well I think it is obvious that near the end of the book she admits to herself what she has been ignoring with excuses such as "hunting partner" and "competition" nonsense.. the fact that she loves Gale. And of course she says that he has no interest in them and it shocks her because all the girls want him... well that can mean one thing... THAT GALE LOVES HER TOO!

So I made it obvious that I am for the whole Gale-Katniss roller-coaster ride because they already get along so well and I think they need each other.. however I won't deny that I had softened up a lot toward Peeta when the competition of the Games got fierce. He truly seems to love her and he was honest about liking her all along... so where does this leave Katniss? What should she do?

I tend to change my mind a lot... and I still have until next September when Book II comes out, but for now I will take my stance, I am Team Gale.

The Hunger Games 833 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 501-550 of 833

over a year ago silver93 said…
Are you kidding me? I wasn't serious about Haymitch, I was being a smartass. Reeseluvshg and I have been on the this forum for awhile, that's how I know is patient. See when you first start out on this forum and you see all the stupid comments, you answer all of them. But, the longer you're on the forum, the more difficult it is to take the time and respond to stupid comments. At least for me it is. Reeseluvshg however, is still responding to all the comments, and therefore has patience. I have no feeling of ill will or resentment towards you(which is the definition of a grudge), I just don't find your points valid. Which happens a lot for Peeta fans when dealing with Gale fans. As for mixing you up, it took me a second to look and see you were using the same screen name. I thought you were just friends talking to each other.
over a year ago AnonymusAlias said…
cake
Yo, whoever said Peeta was weak that isn't necessarily true. Peeta just never had to deal with having to survive on his own and bring food to his family.
over a year ago reeseluvshg said…
laugh
@ AnonynousAlias-Oh so true.
@silver93-thanks, let's hope my patience lasts me...

When I first read PrimaRue's last comment, I lost it, but in a good way, I think. I actually started rolling on the floor laughing!! You are in such denial that I am finding it utterly hysterical! You're being sarcastic, right? Surely, you must be joking! Are you testing my patience that you don't believe in, hmm? Think silver93 is a Pro-Haymitch, now, hmm? Really not saying much for the Gale team, hmm? This is just too much! HAHAHA!

wink
@reeseluvshg Well you've got to love those black curly locks
over a year ago Hungergames15 said…
laugh
Peeta is amazing. But katniss already chose gale.When she was jealous of madge, when she said" he is mine and i am his." That since she chose the rebellion she also chose gale. And i think for the audience and the author herself, katniss cannot choose anyone else except for gale. Peeta could probably live with the fact katniss has chosen gale, mostly because he believes she has, along with gale being with her longer. And for those of you who think gale hasnt proposed his love earlier, you might want to think again about when in the first book the day of reapings, gale asked katniss quitely to run away with him. And to comparing it with twilight, i thought of that too, but i dont really think it exactly could be compared. Because between edward and jacob, choosing was easy. But with peeta and gale its sorta different. Maybe with the fact that theyve both helped katniss so substantially to the point between life and death.
She wasn't just jealous of Madge. I don't understand why people keep bringing that up. I guess it's the only piece of evidence gale fans have as proof Katniss likes Gale. But, you have to remember that she was in total shock when she said that! She thought that Gale was going to die. She wasn't going to let him die thinking that she didn't love him. She felt guilty for letting someone else come between their friendship. What do you mean for the author and the audience and the author Gale is the only one Katniss can choose? There are plenty of Peeta fans, more than there are Gale fans. And she did not choose Gale by choosing the rebellion. Peeta wanted the rebellion just as much as Gale. And had a bigger part in starting it. Gale just talked about the rebellion, but Peeta took action in trying to start it. If it wasn't for Peeta, Katniss never would have even thought there was a possibly of disobeying the capitol. Gale is just a solider in the rebellion. He's moving with everyone else who wants to start one. But he never would have the chance to be a solider if it weren't for Katniss and Peeta causing so much trouble.
To Hungergames15, Katniss is indecisive when it comes to her choice of who to pick as her hunnybunny. She never said " OMG I'm so in love with Ga-ay-ay-ale,neither did she say OMG I'm so in love with Pe-ee-eta. I guess she might love Gale like a brother and I do see a possible budding romance but there's something in Peeta that makes her go crazy like 1,000 monkeys with 1 banana.
over a year ago dazzledpixie said…
Wow, lotta posts since I was last on. So...some of these are from stuff that's a few pages back

@Prim (from page 19): Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that Katniss *only* loves Gale in a brother/friend way...I merely pointed out that she isn't completely sure of her romantic feelings for him (if she has them). She is only sure that she loves him, but she isn't yet able to define what kins of love it is (like the quote I posted previously).

As for the infamous "Gale is mine" line: I think people may be reading a little too much into that. Undeniably, the whole if-Gale-had-a-girlfriend-I-would-hate-her spiel does suggest that Katniss has romantic feelings for Gale, but even so I do also think that her hate for the "phantom girl" and her line about "Gale-is-mine-I-am-his" could also still connote strong friendship. Katniss says not being with Gale would be "unthinkable." Well...duh. They're best friends. They've spent years together, looking out for each other and working together to survive. That isn't something you can just leave behind. I think that even if Katniss doesn't end up with Gale, she would still want to maintain their friendship. Of course. In my opinion, that line means that Katniss doesn't want to let Gale go as her best friend, no matter what happens, not necessarily that she is in love with and wants to marry him or whatever.

@MerlinFanATL (pg. 19 again): Amen to that. :)

@hungergamesss (pg. 20): While it's true that Peeta is often helped by Katniss during the Games, you have to take into consideration that...he's a BAKER. Not sure how much experience he has shooting arrows and killing people and such. I think he did remarkably well for someone with little to no experience with that kind of thing, having never had to be in a situation where he had to take his survival in his own hands, or starve, or wield weapons with the intent to kill, etc. Frankly, I'm kinda sick of this argument. Peeta didn't know any of that stuff, yet he was still impressive enough to get in with the Careers. He fought off Cato, or at least hold up against him long enough to escape. And he was able to be smart enough to use camouflage to survive, when he was probably reeling with pain from his death wound and tracker jacker poison. And he toughed it out for way longer than could really be expected. So I think Peeta is fairly capable of taking care of himself considering his circumstances.

@Rue (pg. 20):
1. How? I thought Peeta's "Katniss-is-pregnant" move was pretty darn genius.
2. Yeah, Gale's definitely the rough-and-tough caveman type. But Peeta's tough in his own way. (See all the stuff I wrote above).
3. Do you have maybe have some examples? Because I'm not really sure what you're talking about.
4. Um, yeah, same for Peeta.
5. Yeah, I guess so, but to me it's obvious that she's falling for Peeta too.
6. That was because she was overreacting stupidly. First of all, if a guy like Peeta says that, quit crying and enjoy it, because you're not gonna get much better than that. Second, she was embarrassed because, after all, that was on national TV. So of course she was mad. Third, through her little tantrum, she failed to see just how much that helped her. Really, she might not have survived the Games without that because the Capitol totally ate it up.
7. Ugh. Not again. Again, look at what I wrote above.
8. Hmm, that's true, but I think she gets along well with Peeta, too.
9. Wellll...his mother is a witch, what can I say. Were you not present for the part of the book when she severely whips eleven-year-old Peeta across the face just because he burned a couple of loaves of bread?
10. ...
And I don't think Gale's more sensible, either. How is he? In CF when Katniss asks him to run away with him he's all happy, but then he gets angry when she mentions Peeta. In my opinion it is naive and not at all sensible to assume that Katniss would run away with just him and leave everyone else behind...even a little selfish, maybe. Whereas Peeta immediately brought up Gale, knowing that Katniss wouldn't actually leave all of friends and family behind. Because Peeta isn't in denial that he's not the only man in Katniss' life like Gale is.

@reeseluvshg (pg. 20): Wow, you rock. :)

@silver93 (on pg. 20): Bahahaha! That is awesome. And ohmygosh I can't believe all these people think you're serious about Haymitch...XD

@Hungergames15: I already wrote a bunch about the "Gale-is-mine" thing, so I'm not gonna say much more. But I don't think Katniss choosing the rebellion necessarily means she's choosing Gale. Well, I guess she sort of is. But, like silver93 said, Peeta also wants a rebellion. He tells Katniss so: "'Maybe we were wrong, Katniss...about trying to subdue things in the districts'" (CF, pg. 81). He realizes as well as Gale does that the districts can't stand the Captiol's tyranny anymore, that it's time to rebel.

Why do you think that for the author and the audience that Katniss can only choose Gale? After all, it doesn't really matter what the fan base is in the end; it just matters how the plot is going. Besides, from what I've seen, the fan base is split pretty evenly down the middle anyway.

I actually don't think Peeta could live with seeing Katniss choose Gale. I mean, he probably wouldn't commit suicide or anything, but I really can't see him falling for someone else. I mean, he's seen no other girl but her since he was FIVE. He's completely, head over heels in love with her at age 16. I mean, most the time teenage romances aren't true love; it's more like "I love you. No, I love you more. No, I love you more" kinda crap, you know? But Peeta's mature enough to have a deeper kind of love. It may have started out as a curiosity that developed into infatuation and then a crush, but I am thoroughly convinced that he is really and truly IN LOVE with her. If anything, I see Gale moving on instead. With Madge, maybe? The jab from Haymitch about the strawberries seemed more of an introduction to an alternate pairing for Gale rather than showing that Katniss was jealous, to me.

@silver93: Well said. And I agree with what you said about Gale being a soldier. In my mind, Peeta is more likely to end up being the leader of the rebellion/president of Panem than Gale. Gale will probably just be the military captain or whatever.

@AnonymusAlias: Lol, I like the imagery of the banana thing.

OK, WOOOOOOOOOW. That was a lot. You know, I've noticed something. I did not used to be nearly so blunt as I am now. Sorry, everyone, I don't mean to sound rude or anything; I'm just getting kinda sick of the same arguments over and over. Silver93, I think you're starting to rub off on me. :P
WOOT TEAM FINNICK. jk. lol. me too ( to the sick of the same arguments part)
..uh @silver93 theres more peeta fans because the book is directed more toward him. as in hes obviously a more main character. and... really its not the only piece of evidence, but ill just leave this whole argument at that.
This is quite intresting to say, but we all do well know that no matter if its gale or peeta the ending is made by collins and the opposite team who didnt win will be devestated. OR they might keep on ranting about that... like twilight( not that i ever really liked it that much)haha but i really do hope whoever it turns out to be ... that gale isnt with madge. that would totally ruin the whole story. But then again... authors sometimes dont think about fans feelings. for example that jacob and renessmee thing didnt work out with some ppl too well and made him look like a pedo. haha it may be for just some people.. but dont you guys think the image of the person we had in mind effects alot of what we think about the character? and another thing... i know this sounds weird but some people just arent for the blonde type. haha maybe if my image of peeta was different it would change alot. ( im not trying to be shallow but when you have a image already there isnt it kinda subconsiously deciding? )
over a year ago PrimaRue said…
Hi, "Prim" here.

To <silver93>, all right, I agree that <reeseluvshg> is patient, I don't think that any my posts are stupid (although some of my sister's are), and I know what a grudge is. Even if my posts seem idiotic to some people, I've spent the last two years in a school for Gifted children, and I was one of the top students there. I am not an idiot. I know you were just joking about being a Haymitch fan; aren't I allowed to joke back? Besides, why aren't our points valid? We believe them, so clearly they are. I can see why you don't like them though.

To <reeseluvshg>, a moment ago I thought <silver93> might be right about you being patient. Then I read your post. I was joking, alright? Aren't people allowed to do that? Or is it only my sister and I who aren't allowed because everyone thinks we're idiots? Sheesh! Besides, you put Gale when you meant to say Peeta.

To <HungerGames15>, I agree with you.

To <silver93>, Katniss being jealous of Madge is not our only piece of evidence, but it is an important piece.

To <AnonymusAlias>, What?

To<dazzledpixie>, now I know what you mean about Katniss not being certain she loved Gale. I kind of agree about that. There have been times where she says she loves Gale and times where she says she loves Peeta. Someone with no preference towards either Gale or Peeta would probably call their chances even. But unfortunately, I don't have that kind of level-headedness ( and doubt that anyone else who posts here does either) and thus have a preference. I like Gale better than Peeta, and there probably isn't anything you Peeta fans can say to change my mind. And if somebody said they loved me on national television, particularly someone I didn't know well, I'd probably react worse than Katniss did. Did you get the memo on me JOKING about <silver93> switching to Haymitch? JOKING, people! And if you're joking about me joking, fine, otherwise... Actually, I couldn't see Gale moving on either. I don't agree with your theory about Madge, although it's better than a lot of theories I've seen. I don't agree with what you and <silver93> said about Gale just being a soldier. Truthfully, I think it's more likely that Peeta will be a soldier. Because whatever you say about Peeta doing well in the weapons area for a baker, he still doesn't have the experiance Gale has. Nothing against Peeta this time, but seriously, he isn't very experianced or very good. Actually, I think it will be Katniss leading everything. She's experianced and she's the Mockinjay. So maybe both Peeta and Gale will be simply soldiers. Who knows?

To<HungerGames15>, I agree with you again.

-"Prim"
last edited over a year ago
@Prim: That's what I meant, about the soldier thing. Gale is a better fighter, so he'd be a better military captain/soldier. That's why I think Peeta would be better as president...because that's more on a political level, instead of military. The president isn't the one who's in the front lines fighting, he's the one that gives the orders to attack or not attack. As it has been demonstrated in both books, Peeta has a gift with words that allows him to capture audiences and persuade them. So he'd be good for president. But he's not as skilled as Gale when it comes to fighting, so Gale would make a better military leader. Does that make sense?
zzz
@dazzledpixie You haven't been on in like forever! It's nice to have you back. I don't mean to be rude, really I'm usually very nice. I just have a slight problem with sarcasm and the more annoying comments I read the more difficult it is to hold it back. Mostly I'm getting tired of reading the comments, it's exhausting having to fight against the same arguments and read the same comments.
@Prim I don't think you're an idiot, that's too harsh a word. I don't really know what word to use to describe you. Peeta can't be a soldier, he's got a bad leg. I just don't think Gale is that special. If someone other than Prim had been picked and Gale was the boy that got picked, do you really think the rebellion would happen because of him? He would have either died or come home, but nothing would have changed. There is a reason it was Peeta and Katniss that caused all the problems, and not Gale. If anything there is more a chance that Katniss would start something in district 12 than there is that Gale would start something right in front of the Capitol.
Oh and @Prim, you weren't the only one who thought I was serious about Haymitch.
@ silver93 i agree with you. But instead of sarcasm i have a problem of these offensive people. And really.. its just a blog discussing.. all of us really dont need to make the atmosphere tense. And with the persuasion of some people... sometimes its good to keep the really offensive opinions directed toward the other team down a notch.
Another thing.. the whole haymitch thing was probably just a joke. i mean anyone can see that... although i guess sarcasm doesnt transfer well through the internet.
I don't think the atmosphere is tense. You're right, it's a discussion there's no reason to get worked up about anything that is said here. Honestly, judging by the comments she made before that one, I couldn't tell she was joking. The only comment I made that could be considered actually offensive, is the Haymitch list, and I apologized even though I didn't think it was going to piss anyone off. You have to be aware of what you say when you write comments on these forums and how people are going to react to them. If it's an irrelevant point, then people are going to say so. Prim and Rue aren't the only ones that make comments like that. They just stayed around longer than the others. How do you expect us to react to people that say Gale is better because he has black hair( and again Prim and Rue weren't the only ones who've said that)?
big smile
I just thought of this... what IF KATNISS DIES!!!? That would be epic!!! ( sorry, she's a bit annoying to me.)
That would totally suck because then we would never know what happens since she's the narrator. And, I like Katniss that would be aweful.
@silver93: Thanks. :D Nice to be back. And yeah...same here. I don't mean to come off as rude, so I apologize to anyone that I may have offended. But like you said, I'm just kinda sick of the same arguments. Or arguments that have absolutely no point. Which, I guess arguments that we've had over and over fall under that category. ;)

@AnonymusAlias: You know, it's actually surprising how many people actually think that is going to happen...I'm a member of a Hunger Games forum, and it irks me how many happy-ending haters there are over there. "I think Katniss should die, because that would be a good ending." "Ewwww, I will throw the book at the wall if it ends up Peeta/Katniss Gale/Madge! That would be the stupidest ending EVER! Peeta needs to DIE and Gale should end up with Katniss!" "I want the Capitol to win and everyone to die! That would be epic!" Um...yeah.

But actually, I'm with you on the Katniss being annoying thing. I'm really not all that fond of her, but I definitely don't want her to die. And I don't think it's all that likely because, as silver93 said, she is the main character, and it's in her point of view. I don't think the author would kill her off, because then we wouldn't even know what happens after that. Katniss would most likely only die if the Capitol wins, and I don't think that's going to happen. What would be the point of the whole story if that happened? The main characters of a book usually only die in tragedies, and I'm pretty sure Suzanne isn't going for an epic Romeo-and-Juliet type ending. Plus, this is young adult fiction. I haven't read any YA books where the main character dies.
over a year ago roxypunkin said…
Of course Gale, I am pretty sure Peeta is evil or something, I just don't trust him, she thinks of Gale, she enjoys Gale, she LOVES Gale.
whoa. you have the same prof pic as primarue or w/e
smile
@dazzledpixie haha yeah its been all over the place with those comments... "oooh katniss should go with (one of them) and the other should die! that would be such a easy ending" blahblah. lol. But im pretty sure that since sc can create a trilogy thats so popular that she'll be able to make a allright ending so really no one has to worry about that. The main thing with those people might be that theyre afraid the ending wont be as what they imagined.. since its such a good book and most of us has spent quite a while thinking about it. :)

@ silver93 haha first of all. its great youve been longer on this forum and everything. and i respect that point and i know how it could be annoying when people say something thats been said millions of times... but about the reacting part... its good to keep in mind that newer bloggers dont have a clue whats been said and sometimes i guess the post isnt really floating your boat that well. But honestly i wouldnt be so short tempered on these topics just because no one wants to feel inferior to a new post. just FYI. when i ever said the blonde hair thing. i never directly said "ooohh i like gale cuz of his black hair" no. im just hinting that it could be based on their appearance. As in would you rather like a long time known friend or would you prefer someone like peeta. Ans if i ever offended the peeta side,... im really sorry also :)
@Hungergames15: Haha, well you never directly said that, but Rue did. XD Pg. 20. lol
over a year ago xbloodystarx said…
even though i really like Peeta, i have a feeling that theres going to be a twist in the book where Katniss chooses Gale. Gales ok, but he's too much like Katniss.
over a year ago khsloveducks said…
Ok, I just want to say that I am completely Team Peeta. He's smart, cute, devoted, and he paints and bakes bread! What's not to like in that list? Now, I want to say that I'm not against Gale, in fact I like him just not with Katniss. And to anyone who says Peeta is weak: Peeta grew up a baker's son, with no reason to have to go hunt like Katniss. He does pretty well in the arena for someone who's never been in the wild before. GO TEAM PEETA!!!
@dazzledpixie, I love tragedies.... ESPECIALLY Romeo and Juliette. But I guess it would be kind of pointless for Katniss to die. Someone is gonna die in this book though! I CAN FEEL IT! (. But anyway, PEETA SHOULD NOT DIE!!! AND GALE SHOULDN"T EITHER!!! I'd like to see who she ends up with and who's heart she crushes. MWAHAHAHAHAA (lol, no I'm not deranged)
over a year ago khsloveducks said…
it's too bad people always die. but i agree, someone will probably end up dead. it better not be peeta.
crying
@Hungergames15 I never said anything bad about you. No offense but I was too annoyed with PrimaRue to read all of your comments. I've read maybe 3/4. I don't have a problem with you because you can express your thoughts in an intelligent manor, you can even form full sentences! Which is new for Peeta fans to read. We usually get Gale rules and Peeta sucks! Or something along that manor. I would very much like this to get back to an actual debate. It's why I've stuck around for so long. It was when I first started writing on the forum.
@dazzledpixie I don't think it counts if we're preventing stupid theories from spreading(that's not how I wanted to write that, but I'm really tired right now)

AND PEOPLE STOP SAYING WHO'S GOING TO DIE! NEGATIVE THOUGHTS, NEGATIVE OUTCOMES! It's the secret I saw it on Oprah one time when my mom was watching that show. If you're going to hope for someone to die, let it be Haymitch, put him out of his misery.
(the crying emote is for all the dying hate)
over a year ago roxypunkin said…
First book was about Peeta, second might be about gale, 3rd peeta, maybe 4th gale!
I think this is the last book , Mockingjay. But if it isn't it better not end up like Twilight
No need to worry. Suzanne Collins is smarter than that.
i wonder if there will be another book. she could always do it about what happened once the games were over.
Eh..I'm pretty sure Mockingjay is going to be the last book. I mean, we've been calling it a trilogy all this time. If she just decided to add another book to the series, that would be weird. Not that I wouldn't love it, though. :)
over a year ago HGT_Fam said…
When I read the first book, I wanted Gale for Katniss. But after reading the second book, I changed my mine. It feels like Peeta is a better choice for Katniss. Who knows what can happen in the third book? I can't wait for Mockingjay!

link
over a year ago Disney3287 said…
cool
Peeta
over a year ago ThunderLove said…
heart
Peeta<3333 I love him to death.....and if Katniss won't take him then I will!!!(:

There's so much that I'd like to say about him, but I don't have the time right now to type all that out. Plus, I haven't read the book in a few months, so I don't remember any specifics. I love the part of Catching Fire how she and Peeta were working on the book with all the plants, etc etc(:

Sigggggggh<3

~Team Peeta~!!
Well the mortal instruments series was called a trilogy, but there's going to be another book after the third. it's not about the mortal instruments anymore though. That's what i meant. Course, there may not be a story to make. it would only work if the story was there.
there could be a prequel
i would love that! and then theres the inheritance series (eragon, eldest, etc.) that became the inheritance cycle because the author decided that he couldnt finish it in one book. i only read eragon though.
It'd be cool if she made a Haymitch story, or maybe something from how the rebellion started. I'll be really sad to see the characters go.
smile
WOW I have'nt been on for so long. Haha thanks @silver93 :) As much as theres a debate about everything I do respect you also, since it actrally has a point to it.

As much as a trilogy is a trilogy they do extend sometimes. I mean really one, the mortal intruments or something? And also, authors extend it not as in they continue with the exact characters but they write stuff revolving around the original.
big smile
She should write a story about Peeta and Katniss' kid and Gale and Madge's kid.
i liked the idea about the rebellion. it would be cool to see how long this plan has been going on and stuff. though, we may find out in mockingjay. kids idea, that could work, too. it would be so awesome if Suzanne Collins wrote a book about the "before story" like how the earth died (maybe?) and panem was born.
It might be interesting to see it from the point of view of the Capitol. We look at them as being idiots b/c Katniss isn't from there, but they may not be as bad as they seem.
I love Gale and Madge together. They have cute banter.
over a year ago hana2rocks said…
cloudy
TEAM GALE! This was a rly hard choice... but GALE KEPT HER FAMILY ALIVE IN THE GAMES. HE RISKED HIS LIFE TO FEED THEM. HE KNOWS HER BETTER. HE HAS DARK HAIR! LOL TEAM GALE!!!! Katniss has to babysit Peeta -_-
Gale is a fantasy, Peeta is a reality. We don't know what happened when Katniss was in the Games, we don't really know anything about Gale except through Katniss' memories. I might like him more if he actually had a part in the book.
Ok, why do people keep saying that? What the heck does Gale having dark hair have to do with anything?

Peeta also risked his life to feed her family. Well, not exactly his life, but he got severely beaten to give Katniss bread. When he was eleven. And he didn't even really know her at all. They'd never even talked.

I would argue that Peeta knows Katniss better than Gale does. After all, he went through the Games with her...Gale didn't. No one else except the victors could possibly know what it feels like, the pain that you experience during and after. Peeta understands Katniss far more than Gale does. Because all Gale knows is the old Catnip, and she's not there anymore.
laugh
See!See! Hungergames15 I told you! I can point it out now that dazzledpixie said it first :D
Even Suzanne Collins seems to be in favor of Peeta. Think about it. If she wanted Katniss and Gale to fall in love, she probably would have written more about Gale and their relationship. But she didn't. Instead SC spent most of the book talking about Peeta rather than Gale. Gale is just thrown into the mix to keep us guessing. If Katniss had "officially" chosen Peeta, the relationship would have become old news because there would be no more conflict. SC is just keeping us interested. There is no Gale and Katniss. Gale is like a decoy.
I think she has made hints for Gale and Madge actually. I thought that Madge liked Gale from when they came over to sell the strawberries and she was sorta flirting with him. And then it's obvious she cares for him when she brings the medicine for him. She probably got in a lot of trouble because of that. They probably bonded over worrying if Katniss would survive the games.
over a year ago Awesomeness3 said…
She should write what it was like for gale and peeta during this like gale keeping katniss'es family alive or what it was like for peeta in the games.