The Hunger Games Peeta or Gale?

runda99 posted on Oct 19, 2008 at 04:47PM
SPOILER ALERT!!! DONT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOK!

This should be interesting, as I myself am having an internal struggle between this. So clearly Peeta has fallen for Katniss, but she doesn't feel the same way... why? Well I think it is obvious that near the end of the book she admits to herself what she has been ignoring with excuses such as "hunting partner" and "competition" nonsense.. the fact that she loves Gale. And of course she says that he has no interest in them and it shocks her because all the girls want him... well that can mean one thing... THAT GALE LOVES HER TOO!

So I made it obvious that I am for the whole Gale-Katniss roller-coaster ride because they already get along so well and I think they need each other.. however I won't deny that I had softened up a lot toward Peeta when the competition of the Games got fierce. He truly seems to love her and he was honest about liking her all along... so where does this leave Katniss? What should she do?

I tend to change my mind a lot... and I still have until next September when Book II comes out, but for now I will take my stance, I am Team Gale.

The Hunger Games 833 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 833

over a year ago PercyJackson11 said…
link
TEAM GALE!!!
http://images.fanpop.com/images/emoticons/wink.jpg
TEAM GALE!!!
over a year ago jmg2596 said…
oh yea! im on pg 13! lucky number! woot woot!

peeta!! :))
angry
holy shizz! oh gr8! a gale fan..... >:(
over a year ago dazzledpixie said…
haha look I can do it too!!! :P

yay maybe it'll be a little less boring in here now lol
haha look I can do it too!!! :P

yay maybe it'll be a little less boring in here now lol
over a year ago silver93 said…
excellent response team gale, just excellent. i'm guessing all the other team galers ran away because this turned into a peeta thread practically.
laugh
Go team peeta!!!!

I kinda miss the debate between peeta and gale....

Hehe ;)
smile
i know it's so boring. although i guess that means peeta won.
over a year ago reeseluvshg said…
big smile
I'm right there with you. Gosh, Gale members were taking a long time to respond. I thought they were writing an essay or something. I was wrong. I guess their cavemen ways were just tired of good, perceptive discussion! He he. I guess this case is closed!
oh dear, i think i've started something.
over a year ago sicelyarien said…
hmmm
katniss cant live without either of them she is emotinaly damaged
over a year ago sicelyarien said…
angry
katniss whas such an idiot when gale told her he loved her and she said iknow that irkeds me errrrrrrrr....
silver93 - Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Haha.
big smile
@sicelyarien r u a gale or peeta fan or wat??

i think its gale...hohoho

XD
monkey
not sure...we should make team caveman stickers!(and put and X through them)
@sicelyarien that was her way of saying the feeling is not mutual,either that or she saw a star wars movie. one of my guy friends is obsessed and wants to say that to a girl one day. i told him if he was that obsessed he'd never get the chance.
over a year ago Arissa1422 said…
I love gale, and i like peeta for being so sweet and risking his life for hers and he really loves her...but something about him bothers me. My first choice would be gale or she ends up by herself because she is very independent. but if she did end up with peeta i wouldnt be upset because he is good for her as well
over a year ago lovedadoors said…
heart
team gale all the way! gale gale gale. you gale suporters need to help me out here! im keeping track...and it aint lookin good 4 us!
last edited over a year ago
what about him bothers u?
over a year ago kr4rue5iam said…
big smile
gale & peeta, play them! jk idk
over a year ago TeamPeeta4EVR said…
PHHH ! Peeta. if katniss doest want him Ill havehim!:D
over a year ago shillmilky said…
GALE ROCKS! Ok Peeta is a creeper, he is always making out with Katniss and she doesn't want to. Gale I just want her to be friends with and I think Madge likes him, because she brought him medicine when he was whipped. So she should just be alone
over a year ago mockingjaygirl said…
smile
i honestly like peeta but katniss is better off with gale
over a year ago MeteorShower said…
tongue
@shillmilky: Nuh uh. That's not true! Peeta would not be making a move on Katniss unless she wanted him to, too. Plus, if Peeta's a creeper, then Gale's a MEGA-creeper. =P

@mockingjaygril: Sorry, but I gotta disagree with that. xP Peeta makes Katniss complete because they're opposites and balance eachother out. Katniss and Gale are too alike. They'd clash.
OMGSH GALE FANS O.O

@sicelyarien: yeah, it bothered me too when she said "I know." What a stupid thing to say...

@silver93: I'm down with the caveman stickers idea XD

@Arissa1422: What about Peeta bothers you?

@Shillmilky: Actually, Peeta has never kissed Katniss off-camera. Every time he did it was to please the crowds (except in THG when he actually thought she liked him). He's to sweet to try to force anything on her.

AND HE IS NOT A CREEPER. :) If anyone's creepy it's Gale...asking her to run away with him and everything in the first five seconds of the book. lol. I don't think Gale's a creeper either, though.

@mockingjaygirl: What makes you say that? I think she could be happy with either of them if the other one wasn't in the picture. But I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE Peeta way more than Gale. :) And I think she and Peeta are compatible; like MeteorShower said, since their personalities are opposite they'd balance each other out, whereas Gale and Katniss might have some difficulty since they're so alike. You always argue with the people you're most alike, lol. Like Katniss and Haymitch. They're always arguing.
what are you talking about? katniss likes making out with peeta she feels weird when gale forces himself on her. katniss has liked peeta for a long time she even realized herself how much she payed attention to him. she never had the feelings with gale she had when she and peeta kissed and she wouldn't make out with him in front of everyone if she didn't really care about him. and i'm talking about the kisses in catching fire, she was confused with the ones in the hunger games. my best friend is a guy, a lot like how katniss and gale are friends. i don't even like guys that look like him b/c it's so hard for your point of view to change of a person from friend to possible lover. which is ew just thinking about it.
wow tht was long my bad
over a year ago lelloness said…
the description of peeta isnt how i expect him to look and the description of gale is exactly how i think he should look. Although i have warmed to peeta i think he should end up with someone else. I honestly think that katniss and gale are right for each other. i think that peeta is to nice and sweet and inocent. even gale says it would be much easier to hate him if he wasnt so nice. i agree and its odd because i feel exactly the same and continuely try to hate peeta but its hard. i woned who she will pick? I am team GALE!!!!!!
laugh
TEAM GALE! WOOT WOOT HAHA
angry
YOU GUYS ARE ALL THE SAME YOU ONLY LIKE GALE FOR HIS LOOKS! THAT'S SO ANNOYING, CUT IT OUT!
hmmm
actually that's not it at all for me, He's a good guy. Everyone picks peeta because they feel srry for him and that he desurves love, which he does. but for katniss i dont think so. Gale understands her and he really likes her so yea
sorry for the little temper tantrum. but stupid answers bug me.
i don't feel sorry for peeta. why would anyone feel sorry for peeta? and i'm not sure how well gale understands katniss anymore. i think she's changed a lot since the hunger games.
@kr4rue5iam: wellllll, that's not why *I* picked him ;) haha
really, I never actually picked at all. I just liked Peeta better from the start. I never connected with Gale. In the first chapter when Katniss meets him in the woods I was like, "Huh, he seems like a good guy," but I wasn't immediately like "OMGSH! He's the best guy ever!!!" (although I totally didn't buy Katniss' "I've never had a crush on my hot guy friend" crap. lol) But I had a connection with Peeta pretty much as soon as his name was called at the reaping. I don't know what it was. I just liked him better from the start. And as his character developed and we saw him more and more I liked him more. that's something, imo, that puts gale at a disadvantage; we don't get to see that with him. He's not in the story enough to see a progression with his character, so a lot of people don't connect with him, me included. But still, a lot of people do. Which I think is pretty amazing of SC to be able to do considering how little we've seen Gale in the books so far.

I still think Gale's a great guy, but...PEETA PWNS :)

@silver93: yeah, I agree; I don't think Gale understands Katniss as much as everyone thinks he does. Peeta understands her more. Gale doesn't realize how much the Games and being with Peeta has changed her, but Peeta does because, obviously, he was there the whole time. Gale understands perfectly the Katniss she used to be before she got thrown into the Games, but now I get the feeling that he's naively assuming that she is the same Catnip he always knew, when she's not.
ex: When Katniss asked Gale to run away with her, he was really happy, having wanted to run away with her for a long time. But he took for granted that it would just be him and Katniss, which imo is pretty naive, since there are a million other people in district 12, including their families, and leaving them behind would be selfish. so as soon as katniss mentions peeta and haymitch, he gets angry and storms off.
Peeeeeeta, on the other hand, did the complete opposite, because *he understands katniss*. she says: "will you run away with me?" he says: "yes, but I don't think you'll go through with it. would it be only us? no. who else is coming?" and then when she doesn't mention gale, he ACTUALLY says, "What about Gale?" Peeta recognizes what Gale means to Katniss, and he doesn't try to pull her away from him. Whereas Gale seems to be childishly pretending that Katniss doesn't have feelings for Peeta at all and that Katniss will end up with him just like he was always sure she was. so yeah, I don't think Gale understands Katniss that much anymore.
sorry i keep writing like dissertations here...i just have a lot to say lol
cloudy
Well srry u guys I mean, I didn't mean to make this like a competition. I really hate the whole subject, because now this is. Turning into a Edward and Jacob thing. And I think I originally chose gale or peeta because I can relate to him better. In the way that you really like someone, and there with someone else. I know how it feels and it's not a good feeling. But peeta seems like a great guy but he's stuck in such a fairy tale position. He gets to be there with her. Not gale. So that's my story
big smile
OMG!!!! Wer the heck did u gale supporters came from??? I was gone for 3 days and this happened?!?!

@shillmilky: they made out for the cameras thats it! (wel except for sum parts in hg and cf which made me squeal ah!) but anyways dnt u remember that katniss wants to kiss peeta too?? That she wants more??? Cuz i totally do! And how is he a creeper?? He didnt stalk her or anything...

@TeamPeeta4EVR: ooooh agree with u haha oh and u knw we all want him *rawr* haha :P

@lovedadoors: got something to say??? So u cud help i gues

peetas the bomb! <3

laugh
Dazzledpixie and silver93 u jst basically summed it up!! :)

idk i just like peeta better... Maybe becuz im a teenager and into all that cute awww scenes ( well not all that time i didnt buy all that cheesy stuff in twilight) and ill probably feel sorry for peeta if katniss chooses gale over him but i dnt feel sorry now cuz obviously i have nothing to worry about... For gale uhm we dont really know him except for his familys names and that hes katniss bff so i jst cant say stuff about him. I dnt trust him there!

XD
smile
@kr4rue5iam: well its not peetas fault that he got chosen for the hgs... And i think that theres no competiton bcuz katniss is falling 4 peeta so yea :)
big smile
Haha 4 posts in a row!!! :)

but i was listening to my itouch and the song "if we ever meet again" by katy perry and timbaland wud be cute for katniss and peeta when peetas out from the capitols torture.... Its an upbeat song and it just reminds me of them :D

"if we ever meet again... I wont let u go away" (sings lyrics to the song)
something just came to me. if gale was so magically in love with katniss, why didn't he volunteer for the games the first time katniss was called to protect her?
@dazzledpixie thank u for writing all that i was much too tired and still slightly irritated to do so. so, much appreciation.
@kr4rue5iam it happens in every series not just twilight. it's in harry potter, mortal instruments,wings series, basically every story with more than one boy as a love interest.
@silver93: yeah, that thought has crossed my mind before too. I wonder if Peeta would have done that if he wasn't chosen...
anyway maybe Gale didn't volunteer because of the agreement that he and Katniss made: that if one of them was reaped, the other one would take care of both of their families. that might be part of it, but really I think that it's just too huge of a thing to do--if he did that to protect katniss he would know he was going to die, because if he wanted her to survive she'd have to win, and there can only be one winner. which is another reason that proves how peeta's better! he actually decided to protect katniss, knowing that he was going to die. that's the whole reason he allied with the careers--to lead them away from her. and rhe eally did almost die for her when he fought cato. if the capitol hadn't have changed the rules, he would have died for sure.
@silver93-sorta like this? haha.
@silver93-sorta like this? haha.
lets not forget he went in to save her not once, but twice!
@reeseluvshg close they've got the look of stupidity, but i imagined gale a little hotter than those guys and cleaner, maybe like this but again hotter-(and for u gale lovers don't pretend this pic doesn't make u laugh.
lets not forget he went in to save her not once, but twice!
@reeseluvshg close they've got the look o
over a year ago lovedadoors said…
how can you like gale for his looks? youre reading a book! you cant SEE the characters. I just think gale is perfect for katniss. The heart wants what it wants and her heart clearly wants gale. TEAM GALE ALL THE WAY!
laugh
now.....just imagine him with dark hair. haha!
now.....just imagine him with dark hair. haha!
tongue
@lovedadoors where have u been i like peeta for his heart. gale is a caveman. and no her heart clearly wants peeta or she would have stayed with him not peeta after he got hurt. remember that whole i'm his and he is mine or something like that? yeah, and then remember sleeping with peeta, making out with peeta, and pretending that whole thing didn't happen?

@reeseluvshg lmao nice.
over a year ago xJustMe123x said…
smirk
As soon as Gale was introduced I decided that I wanted them to be together. There was something about his attitude pushed me to believe that he and her would get somehow romantically involved..and then we met Peeta. Really the only thing I have against Peeta, no matter how much I try to hate him, is that he is in the way of Katniss and Gale. From the minute we were introduced to Gale I had decided that he was who I wanted with Katniss and frankly I refuse to change my stance on that. For those of you that said that Gale 'missed his chance' you should remember that he is only 18 and she's only 16 why should we expect him to pour his heart out when he probably doesn't even understand these feelings. You know that saying 'You don't know what you have untill you've lost it'? He probably didn't realize that he'd have to fight for her after so many years of being the only guy in her life.
over a year ago oreocat134 said…
Oh my gosh i am totally honestly on Team Gale. I gues the whole guy-friend-for-five-years-and-only-that-un­til­-he­-ki­sse­s-y­ou-­ide­a seems a lot better and stuff than Peeta's whole story about the bread and stuff.
so both guys like katniss right? and both guys are good guys right? and deep down inside they only want to make katniss happy right? so either way it should come down to what katniss wants. and i don't think she wants gale as a romantic relationship. yes it's cute to have the bff story turn into love and yes gale should find someone else, but from what we've seen in the books i don't think she likes gale that way. and if she doesn't like him that way and they end up together then they are both going to be miserable. so would u rather them be together and sad? or bffs and happy?
@xJustMe123x-you said that gale prob. didnt tell katniss he loved her because he is too young, but peeta is 2 years younger and he definitely knows that he loves her.

hehe: Geico. So easy, Gale can do it.
over a year ago Arissa1422 said…
I agree with xJustMe123x. Right when Gale was introduced i loved him, i dont know why i just wanted him and katniss together from the start. Peetas good too.. i dont hate him and i wouldnt be crushed if she ended up with him, but i just like gale better
^ same here. Only with Peeta XD and I WOULD be crushed if she ended up with Gale. I still like Gale--he's a good guy--and I think him and Katniss could've worked if Peeta wasn't there, but I reaallllly want her to pick Peeta.
:)