The Hunger Games Peeta or Gale?

runda99 posted on Oct 19, 2008 at 04:47PM
SPOILER ALERT!!! DONT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOK!

This should be interesting, as I myself am having an internal struggle between this. So clearly Peeta has fallen for Katniss, but she doesn't feel the same way... why? Well I think it is obvious that near the end of the book she admits to herself what she has been ignoring with excuses such as "hunting partner" and "competition" nonsense.. the fact that she loves Gale. And of course she says that he has no interest in them and it shocks her because all the girls want him... well that can mean one thing... THAT GALE LOVES HER TOO!

So I made it obvious that I am for the whole Gale-Katniss roller-coaster ride because they already get along so well and I think they need each other.. however I won't deny that I had softened up a lot toward Peeta when the competition of the Games got fierce. He truly seems to love her and he was honest about liking her all along... so where does this leave Katniss? What should she do?

I tend to change my mind a lot... and I still have until next September when Book II comes out, but for now I will take my stance, I am Team Gale.

The Hunger Games 833 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 651-700 of 833

over a year ago Arissa1422 said…
and i would defiantly would want a Peeta or Gale POV book
over a year ago THG123 said…
Yea, I would love to know what Peeta is always up to. :D
over a year ago shingkai said…
i wouldn't bother to read gale's POV but i would like to know what's on peeta's mind
over a year ago silver93 said…
I would actually like a Haymitch book, to see how things used to be before Katniss and how Katniss' parents were.
I thought Coin was screwed up too. I just didn't realize how screwed up. I didn't think she would be just like Snow, but if Katniss hadn't killed her the Hunger Games would never end.
I think she would have been alone b/c she never wanted to be with anyone. She's got a pretty thick skull, it's difficult to get her to fall in love with you.
When did you guys realize Prim was going to die?
Also, did anyone find it interesting that all the leaders were women?
last edited over a year ago
I never thought of that. A Haymitch book would be great!!
And i liked that all the leaders were women, a nice change on the normal of things.
I would love to read about Haymitch! He's an...intresting character.
About Prim's death, at first I was like, "What the...?" and had to re-read just to know that Prim died, then came the waterfalls and I cried so much, my roommate asked me why I was crying, and when I told her, she laughed (because she hasn't read The Hunger Games, and thinks Prim is just a book character and I'm overreacting, I guess I was a bit). And I also found it intresting when I found out all leaders were women, I'm sick of guys saying that girls only belong in the kitchen, man I HATE guys like that. So that was a nice little change.
I wasn't sure she was dead either, but I thought it was going to happen when she told Katniss the next time they saw each other they'd be free. The Hanging Tree song wasn't for Gale or Peeta, it was for Prim. I had also thought it'd be ironic for her die before reading, but I never wanted it to happen. And I cryed so much I had to put the book down when Katniss was yelling at Buttercup over it.
Silver93, SAME! When she was yelling at Buttercup i was balling, i had to put the book down too! i didn't cry over Prim until then. Because when it happened i almost didn't believe it because i didn't want to. you know what i mean? haha.

i accually got a little blonde kitten today, she has blue eyes too. And i convinced my little brothers to name her Prim! (:
It took awhile for death to set in for me. It was sad, but it's cool bcuz Beetee saves her with his time machine. Actually it'll probably be Katniss that goes back and does it.

That cool about your kitten, they're so cute when they're that small.
Lol, i hope so. I loved Prim so much!! She was defiantly at the top of my favorite characters list. I still cannot believe she died.

And thanks! Lol, I'll post a picture sometime soon(:
I was heart-broken when she yelled at Buttercup too, I cried a lot more there, more like sobbed, it was really upsetting.
And Arissa1422 congrats on your new Kitten, I would like to see a picture of little Prim too. :)
It's why she doesn't say her kids names. Someone who was in on the time machine told her not to so it wouldn't get confusing. You'd think she'd name them Prim and Cinna.
over a year ago Breadshipper92 said…
I love how this thread seems to have nothing to do with Peeta or Gale anymore. Unless you're planning the latter's death that is.
I refuse to let this forum die, someone start the conversation up again!
Umm, umm...Oh! Who do you think suffered the most at the end of MJ? And why?
Hmm. Katniss' mother. It's not right for a parent to outlive their child. It must have been devastating. But, even knowing this, she was the character I was the mad at the most. She shouldn't have left Katniss.
over a year ago XxIsabellaxX said…
sick
I think that the one who suffered the most was....... Ummm..... Idk
A lot of people sufferd
I think the one who suffered the most is...Peeta (Lol, Shocker right?) he went to the Games twice, got heart-broken, his family died, almost died several times, got tortured, and got hijaked. Haha, Man that dude is unlucky.
Idk. I want an alternative ending.
And here's the picture of my kitten Prim(:

link]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/user_imag­es/­159­000­0/A­ris­sa1­422­-15­903­66_­486­_36­0.j­pg[­/UR­L][­/ur­l]
Aw that is just so cute! :) I like the name you chose for her, it suits her.
last edited over a year ago
Aw, she's so cute. i remember when my cat was that small.
You can't bring pets to dorms so I haven't seen my 2 dogs and cat in a while :(
Thanks!! (:
mischievous
You should sneak them in and pretend they are stuffed animals.
lol, sneaking in two German Shepherds and one fully grown cat to a Campus with approximately 17000 students is kinda difficult. Back to subject, (I'm running outta questions here! Someone help!) Who do you want to play Katniss for the movie?
An unknown.
Maybe we should talk about Peeta or Gale, since that's the name of the thread. Were there any things you noticed about them in the third book? Anything about Gale? I analyze Peeta more than him.
Alright, we should get back to the topic. Something I noticed about Gale is...How he knew that Katniss only kissed him when he was in pain, in other words, so he would shut-up, be happy and Katniss could stop feeling guilty. It proves at least he wasn't an idiot.
Actually I looked at it another way. He did that sometimes, but a lot of the times he would make Katniss feel bad to get her to kiss him.
I think one of the first times you could tell in Mockingjay where you weren't reading between the lines about Katniss loving Peeta, was when she was going to see Peeta after he was saved. Everybody says this part of the book really pissed them off, but I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. I sorta saw it in cartoon mode with here's Katniss all happy and in love and going toward Peeta in slow motion and he's looking at her like he wants to see her and then she gets to him and he changes(I can't describe what he looks like unless you watch anime) and tries to strangle her. I was upset afterward when she said she gave up on him, but I found it funny that she was finally letting all her feelings out for him and he's tries to kill her. That would only happen to Katniss. Sorry, this might be off topic too.
Bwahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahhah­aha­hah­aha­hah­hah­hah­aha­hha­hah­aha­hha­hah­aha­hah­ah! Lol! That totally made my day! I might do some fan art on that. That's what I meant too, I as well, kept feeling this vibe that, well, he was kinda taking advantage of her.
Happy to entertain. If you do fanart for it make sure you post it, I'd love to see it. I felt so bad reading all these complaints about that scene because I keep laughing every time I think about it.
Yeah, that just made me hate Gale some more. He's such an immature jerk.
All these love triangles are annoying me. Authors should mix it up and start making squares or pentagons. It's like every story you read nowadays has two guys in love with the main girl.
I do fan art, but I'm not too sure if I want to post them, my friends say they're good and funny but I don't know, I guess I don't have too much self-confidence. Yes I agree that authours should mix it up and be creative, we've all heard of the love-triangle. Hmm... what do you Gale is doing now in District 2? Suzanne didn't even mention it and I want to know what happened to him, he could have gotten hit by a truck or squashed by an airplane and we'd never know.
I doubt your friends would lie to you, you should give it a try.
Ah, but that would be a happy ending and Collins doesn't like full happy endings. I'm not sure, it's supposed to be something important. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised he got sent there since he wanted the locals deaths so badly. He probably got something in the defense department. What do you think Katniss' and Peeta's kids call and think of Haymitch? I can only imagine him babysitting them.
Uncle Mitchie!! Lol, I don't think Katniss or Peeta would let a drunk Haymitch near their kids, but if he quit, that would be another story. Perhaps they would call him The Goose Man or as stated, uncle Mitchie, which is my favourite.
over a year ago Bellatrix-Black said…
I like Katniss with Peeta. It was a twist, because I expected her to end up with Gale. But I think that Gale left rather ubruptly from the story, he just kind of vanished...or maybe I wasn't paying attention :P

Anyone want to tell me who I would be a as a character?
link
Haha I like Uncle Mitchie. I can only imagine the things Haymitch would say to their kids. It'd be nice if she made short stories, happy ones though! That's why I don't want a future story, only bad things would happen. Unless it's them going back and saving Finnick, Prim, Cinna, and Madge.

@Bellatix-Black I'm not sure. It's a little difficult because I can't stop glaring at your screen name.
sad
Hey what do you say if we switch to the Mockingjay Forum instead of coming on here? It's getting real long and my computer's starting to freeze. Some of my comments won't show up on either here or other forums. My computer's such a piece of crap! I love this Forum but I have no choice. What do you think?
crying
Eh, I guess.
over a year ago thehglover said…
PEETA SUCKS ASS
GALE ROCKS
Your intelligence is overwhelming. If you use words like that the rest of us simpletons won't be able to keep up with you.
Thehglover,

Lolz, you're 13? didn't your mom ever wash your mouth with soap? Hahaha, thanx for the cheap laugh. Now go to bed!
cloudy
Love the post THG123!
Hahahhaha, i love you guys!
only seven more replies to give it seven hundred.
big smile
I will give one!
LOL
That is just weird... What I just did!
HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!
MY NAME IS *DRUMROLL*
THG123!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1